Sony: I want PS4 now, please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

justdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 justdog11
Member since 2004 • 3524 Posts

They've created a console that puts them in debt the more they manufacture.  This said console isn't even selling too well compared to the competition.  It's obvious that their original plan was to just push bluray quickly and make up the debt that way but obviously blu-ray hasn't been such a platinum hit as they hoped.  They've pretty much failed their goal with the PS3.  Now, the PS3 is obviously also a graphical achievement, and it is as capable as any other system to hold great games.  The question is: What can developers do to justify working on it?  With Sony's failure to boom blu-ray quickly (not saying it won't catch on years down the road, but it's obviously not skyrocketing anytime soon) they've lost their ability to offer expensive deals to third parties for exclusivity (this is why you see Square suddenly interested in making Wii and DS titles, it's where the money is).  Their sales are the worst compared to the current standing of its competition's (none of that "in its time, 360 sold worse" bullcrap because whats now is now), limiting the games to PS3's smaller consumer base.  The price of the console deters many gamers from buying the console even if what a developer puts on it is pretty decent, and on top of that it's right expensive to develope for.

So as you can see, there is little to know reason for devs to support solely the PS3 anymore.  Would you purposely make an expensive title on a console with a high price and the smallest userbase, with little/no money offerings to be bought into exclusivity?  As the problem slowly becomes worse, developers are realizing that they want to deliver their product to alot more consumers than just those with a PS3, and now Sony has no expendable money in their gaming branch to buy them.

So I'll let them try this again, and do it like we all know they can.  I could only dream for an apology, a mass refund, and a game/developer-centric PS4 to arrive a few years from now. 

SeanDiff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SeanDiff
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
Actually blu ray is outselling HD DVD by alot...PS3 is the best in power,so better games,we got resistance,motorstorm,MGS,FF,Socom,maybe syphon filter...
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
LOL Xbox360 version 3 is already out
lazzordude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lazzordude
Member since 2003 • 6685 Posts
well i want a ps3/360 but i cant afford either one of them
xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts

LOL Xbox360 version 3 is already out SuperKnightX

please show me the xbox 3 and not the new remodled one i wanna see the new xbox 3 were is it and dont dissapoint me.

justdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 justdog11

Actually blu ray is outselling HD DVD by alot...PS3 is the best in power,so better games,we got resistance,motorstorm,MGS,FF,Socom,maybe syphon filter...SeanDiff

Lets say bluray is successful, has that contributed to a growth in PS3 sales?  It'd be even worse if bluray truly took off over dvd9 and still PS3s sales were ho-hum, because that's teaching sony that a sacrifice for their game department truly can mean making a mint elsewhere, and all of us wanting a true follow up to the ps2 lose. 

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts
ahahahahahahahahahh :P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P
I_love_sony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 I_love_sony
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

Get a life...

You spent all that time typing fanboy dribble to "Sony" ???

SuperKnightX
your point remains like the PS3 Invalid and worthless buh buh teh piece of plastic PS3 is ya better than GOD YEAH right :S
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperKnightX

[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]LOL Xbox360 version 3 is already out xjet039

please show me the xbox 3 and not the new remodled one i wanna see the new xbox 3 were is it and dont dissapoint me.

There is core, premium and zephyr

Zephyr being a product of M$ foolish insecurity

"We don't need HDMI, no games will run in 1080p" - "HDMI FTW" :lol:

Still no standard HDD or Wifi plus XBL costs - sets you back over $200 plus the $479 for Zephyr

Lemmings areg etting milked BADD lol

Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts

you mean an upgraded version that isnt out?
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

Get a life...

I_love_sony

your point remains like the PS3 Invalid and worthless buh buh teh piece of plastic PS3 is ya better than GOD YEAH right :S

What?

stop ban dodging...I will report you

xjet039

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xjet039
Member since 2004 • 3007 Posts
[QUOTE="xjet039"]

[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]LOL Xbox360 version 3 is already out SuperKnightX

Still no standard HDD or Wifi plus XBL costs - sets you back over $200 plus the $479 for Zephyr

you mean how cows got milked on a slimmer ps2.

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Actually blu ray is outselling HD DVD by alot...PS3 is the best in power,so better games,we got resistance,motorstorm,MGS,FF,Socom,maybe syphon filter...SeanDiff
an article in another thread said that blueray numbers where artificially inflated because of the free movies vocher that came with the PS3 and that HD DVD standplayers are out selling stand alone blueray players by alot.
I_love_sony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_love_sony
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
[QUOTE="I_love_sony"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

Get a life...

SuperKnightX

What?

stop ban dodging...I will report you

im writing what you just said Yesterday :D
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
didnt the PS2 have 7 revisions?
justdog11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 justdog11
I WISH Sony would remodel a cheaper, more profitable PS3 focused on games.  They should take a leaf out of Microsoft's book, in fact
jeaglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jeaglegs
Member since 2004 • 1017 Posts

[QUOTE="SeanDiff"]Actually blu ray is outselling HD DVD by alot...PS3 is the best in power,so better games,we got resistance,motorstorm,MGS,FF,Socom,maybe syphon filter...justdog11

Lets say bluray is successful, has that contributed to a growth in PS3 sales?  It'd be even worse if bluray truly took off over dvd9 and still PS3s sales were ho-hum, because that's teaching sony that a sacrifice for their game department truly can mean making a mint elsewhere, and all of us wanting a true follow up to the ps2 lose. 

Seems to me that there's some gray areas in those sales results.  Some of those numbers include free movies that Sony gave away when you bought a player or PS3, and those numbers may also include PS3 games.  I came across a UK site that said there were more HD movies were selling better than BR movies, by 4 to 1 over last holidays.

MetalDeath101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 MetalDeath101
Member since 2002 • 206 Posts
[QUOTE="xjet039"]

[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]LOL Xbox360 version 3 is already out SuperKnightX

The added HDMI would add better support for the HD-DVD player extension. True 1080 resolution.
MetalDeath101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 MetalDeath101
Member since 2002 • 206 Posts
Also, screw Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, give me an Apple TV anyday.