Sony haters,why do you hate Sony?

• 115 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cbot
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

1-Delaying the good stuff.

2-Don't care about customers opinion.

3-Seems to only care about movies then gaming.

4- Japan always 1st and America sedonc(*cough psn store cough*)

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

Cbot
Put those options on a poll;) And were those your reasons, or do you want people to pick those reasons?
Cbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Cbot
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts
[QUOTE="Cbot"]

JIT93
Put those options on a poll;) And were those your reasons, or do you want people to pick those reasons?

Those are my reasons I hate them.
Squall18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Squall18
Member since 2004 • 3756 Posts

I don't hate them, in fact the ps3 is one of the greatest systems.

It's just htat the ps2 was the biggest console ever. Though I really enjoy my ps3, it's no where near the respect I had at for my PS2 at this time in its life

lordlinuxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#5 lordlinuxes
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
u hate sony well thats your problem. Sure everybody has problems you just gotta forgive and forget. after all sony has given a new generation of gaming to us all.
svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts
Mostly because of the extreme amounts of arrongance on Sony's part prior to the launch.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts

3-Seems to only care about movies, not games.

Cbot

While Microsoft and the 360 gets some really great games, Sony makes more good games. While all of Sony games aren't amazing, there are a few that are, they make a ton of good games that are worth the money.

Sony also has one of the most diverse 1st party libraries. This year alone Sony brought us "an FPS (Resistance), a racer (Motorstorm), a platformer/level creator (LBP), the best Baseball game (MLB 2008), one of the best trivia games (Buzz), and unfortantely a really crappy basketball game (NBA 09), a survival horror (Siren).

Plus two great exclusive third party SRPGS (Disgaea and Valkryia), plus one of the best games this year an action stealth (Metal Gear)

I might have missed some and didn't include any of the PSN games. But there was atleast one good to great game in every major genre.

This is why I never understand the whole Sony doesn't care about games. I do agree they should either spend more time than half assing their non gaming ventures or completely abandon them to focus on games that could have been great like Eigh Days.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I don't hate Sony or their console. I hate their fanboys.
Filthcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Filthcakes
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
I've always found Sony to be a very arrogant company, but I don't hate them for it. It's their fanboys I can't stand.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
I don't hate Sony or their console. I hate their fanboys.Verge_6
I hate most lemmings and cows.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
the ps3 loved the rest....gamer wise
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I guess the thing that pissed me off was the fact the Sony promised so much and i got so little.

I was looking forward to all the announcements they had when the PS3 was nearing its release.

You know the stuff like. Characters would never fall the same way more than once. Enemies you killed would never disappear. The insane 4-D stuff.

When i learned all of that was a bunch of BS i completely lost all interest in the PS3.

I own one, and i personally don't know what is so great about them.

They have a few good games but thats about it (Uncharted being my Favorite). Online service sucks, and i prefer all multiplats for my 360.

I guess one good thing is the fact it has Blu-Ray. Dark Knight in the High-Def for the WIN!

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Cbot

Number 2 is extremely wrong. Are you serious!? People have asked for for so much and Sony gave it to them via firmware updates for the PS3.

Number 1 is not the fault of Sony. Tell the developer to hurry up.

3. Totally wrong...again

4. Well DUH!!!!! Common sense people.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts
I don't hate Sony. Until the PS3 I had bought every Sony system on the market. It's just that I took a step back and had to decide "Would I get more enjoyment out of a PS3 or a 360?" I chose the 360 and love it. In the future I would love to get a PS3, but right now the only big exclusive that REALLY interests me is Metal Gear Solid 4
saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 saruman354
I guess one good thing is the fact it has Blu-Ray. Dark Knight in the High-Def for the WIN!RyanShazam

Oh God yes...we borrowed my friends PS3 and hooked it up to my suitemate's 1080p TV just to watch TDK. I swear, that Lamborghini looked better on the TV than it did in real life.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
the only reason i have any disdain for them is the fact that they constantly lie and deceive the public
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]I guess one good thing is the fact it has Blu-Ray. Dark Knight in the High-Def for the WIN!saruman354

Oh God yes...we borrowed my friends PS3 and hooked it up to my suitemate's 1080p TV just to watch TDK. I swear, that Lamborghini looked better on the TV than it did in real life.

Haha nice. It looks amazing. Got to Love Batman.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 saruman354
the only reason i have any disdain for them is the fact that they constantly lie and deceive the publicshadow_hosi
That is true. Let me rephrase what I said. I hate the company Sony, but I have nothing against their products
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
I think Sony products are awesome, it's just the support has been lacking.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="Cbot"]

dream431ca

Number 2 is extremely wrong. Are you serious!? People have asked for for so much and Sony gave it to them via firmware updates for the PS3.

Number 1 is not the fault of Sony. Tell the developer to hurry up.

3. Totally wrong...again

4. Well DUH!!!!! Common sense people.

Yes its not Sony's fault for providing developers with such a difficult development and design architecture to create their games with that is not only expensive and time consuming.

GinoNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 GinoNYC
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts
All the arrogance and ridiculous claims are what caused the backlash against Sony. Before 2006, Sony, and the Playstation, were the "cool" brand; PS2 fans were the majority. But the hype of the PS3 is what really started it. Their humiliating E3 2006 presentation turned the Playstation brand into a joke, and suddenly, Sony wasn't so "cool" anymore. Now the cool thing was to mock them. E3 2006 + Massive hype and off-putting arrogance + $600 price-point destroyed the Playstation brand over the course of 2006. They dominated the market for 10 years, but it only took less than one for it to come crashing down. They lost their edginess, their cool factor, and many gamers turned against them - including PS2 owners, who defected over to the 360.
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
I don't hate Sony or their console. I hate their fanboys.Verge_6
Yep, though Sony is partially to blame. Sony makes grandiose claims of power their machine can't live up to, and then we get to listen to the fanboys tell us for years how someday it will end up meeting those expectations.
VirtuaCast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VirtuaCast
Member since 2008 • 840 Posts

[QUOTE="Verge_6"]I don't hate Sony or their console. I hate their fanboys.Steppy_76
Yep, though Sony is partially to blame. Sony makes grandiose claims of power their machine can't live up to, and then we get to listen to the fanboys tell us for years how someday it will end up meeting those expectations.

I agree with that assessment. You really can't blame them. Sony makes false claims and the fans belive it.

hywel69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 hywel69
Member since 2002 • 1086 Posts
They LIE...a lot. DId you know Sony even made up Fake Reviews for its movies.. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4741259.stm They use "Special" sony formats, Memory Stick, Minidisc etc. These alwasy cost tons more money than comparable formats and dont' interoperate with others. DId I say Interoperate. A friend of mine took his Sony high-Fi kit back because he got so sick of needing special "Sony" Connectors to link things up limiting his choice of decks. DRM. Boy does Sony love this crap. So much so that their "DRM" software has been classes as a Virus and Rootkit! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Sony_BMG_CD_copy_protection_scandal This was used for example to hack peoples Warcraft account....all coz they bought a Sony CD...lol. They are **expensive**. Look at the price of most of their Kit,,, including the PS3. Like a lot of Japanese firms, they suck at writing easy to use decent software Arrogant, , "we are the best, Japan is best, we will make the best...4blah blah". All this time they lie, make crap software, put rootkits and DRM on peoples computers.
bufu21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bufu21
Member since 2006 • 1214 Posts
Yer i dislike MS but not the X360
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
i don't hate them, just still kinda pissed bout getaway 3 and eight days those 2 could have been so great(no i still haven't forgotten them)
Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#27 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts
I dont hate Sony, just their fanboys. Although Im actually not a big fan of Sony in many ways (there are too many reasons to list, I cant be bothered posting them, but most concern hardware choices and market direction), its just disgust or disdain, not hate. They avoid my hatred for making the occasional good game, and for the fact the ps2 was a decent console. Shame the ps1 and ps3 arent that great.
Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts
people have always hated on sony
ever since they stole the show from the powerhouse nintendo 64 and "killed" dreamcast
killB_O_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killB_O_T
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]the only reason i have any disdain for them is the fact that they constantly lie and deceive the publicsaruman354
That is true. Let me rephrase what I said. I hate the company Sony, but I have nothing against their products

I agreed with you 100%, it not there products that i hate, its the company as a whole

Quofan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#30 Quofan
Member since 2005 • 1606 Posts

people have always hated on sony
ever since they stole the show from the powerhouse nintendo 64 and "killed" dreamcast
Rhubarb9

Are you kidding? Ive heard so many fanboys (even Lemmings) criticise Nintendo for their conduct during the 90's, or at least complain in some way about them 'back in the day'. Sony drew its hate from people by making the same mistakes Nintendo did - only with (slightly) more arrogance, more deception, and less innovation.

Its true hype for the PS2 killed the Dreamcast off, but there were many other factors. In fact, I dont even think it could be considered Sony's fault (and im sure many who dislike Sony will agree) but rather the ignorant masses who fell for the hype. Much l;ke the poor souls falling for their deception over the PS3.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

1. Sony are very arrogant- treating gamers like idiots (remember the we could sell 5 million PS3s at launch even if it had no games)

2. Sony are overconfident

3. Sony lie all the time! all the CGI they used for PS2 & later PS3. plus there's the announcements they made about delaying the PS3- they knew full well spring 2006 wouldnt happen but they lied anyway to keep the gamers away from the Xbox360.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts
:Walks in to room: :Kick Sony off their pedestal the they arrogantly sit on: :Listen to the whine about how they have the best game this gen even though they have yet to prove it: :Kick them again as they're about to stand up: :Show them what a real gaming machine is (PC, Xbox360): :The 360 rrod's: :Kicks Sony again as I call for it's coffin to get free repair: :3
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I don't hate Sony. I do think they're getting what they deserve after their miserable handling of the situation. I do think some of the fans need to lay off the koolaid and stop making ridiculous claims about the PS3 having the best game library this gen. But it's still depressing to see them doing badly.
Kingmohd84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Kingmohd84
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts

thats very simple

*Introduce ideas and games that will be implemented in 2-3 years time, such a long time to wait

*promise false stuff like the chip in the ps3 and blu-ray can do some crazy stuff, the only game 360 MIGHT have problem with is MGS , due large amount of cut-scenes

*lost almost all exclusives

*360 released earlier, is cheaper, and offer equal or better options including better online(even if it is paid for)

*Sony seems to try and suck the consumer out of every last cent in his pocket

*multiple console options made with different storage, backward compatibility, and controller options

PS3 is not a bad console, it just lots of lies and false hype was made for it , while it was not worth it at all. Blu-ray didn't add a thing to gaming still other than MGS huge amount of cut-scenes, bluray is not standard media used to watch movies, infact its very niche market. The chip inside it , we haven't seen anything of it that makes it any more special than 360's.

angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

I don't hate sony, but the PS3 offened me as a consumer.

It inflated price tag suggest an air of superiority, and yet it was full of fail. For ages it had nothing going for it at all, except blu ray. As a gamer this mean NOTHING to me unless it can be used to make better games.

Its got better now, its got a solid line up - but i've been left with a bad taste in my mouth.

FFXIII360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FFXIII360
Member since 2008 • 988 Posts
I hate Sony cause the PS3 was a waste of money
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#37 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Cbot
That's what I hatwe about Sony.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
I don't "hate" them. But they has given us nothing but false promises, massive delays, over priced stuff, bad services and flat out arrogance/lies this generation.
mafain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mafain
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
I once owned a sony playstation, it paused as i was pulverizing Nitros Oxide in CTR after some 10 attempts. It never unpaused. Ive detested Sony ever since
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

i just lol at those who said 'i dont hate sony, i hate its fanboys'.... cause probably their hate towards Sony's fanboys is simply due to them being 360 fanboys or Wii fanboys or else PC fanboys... so their constant arguing in order to defend their beloved system against PS3 fanboys make them hate such people... (truth is those stating to hate a certain group of people are most probably the worst fanboys around) :)

MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts
[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="Cbot"]

Cbot

Those are my reasons I hate them.

Well those reasons aren't true... 1. So it won't turn out c**p... 2. They do :| 3. That's why they have a massive first party game division... 4. So they get more updates so Japan is first? nope...
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#42 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

i just lol at those who said 'i dont hate sony, i hate its fanboys'.... cause probably their hate towards Sony's fanboys is simply due to them being 360 fanboys or Wii fanboys or else PC fanboys... so their constant arguing in order to defend their beloved system against PS3 fanboys make them hate such people... (truth is those stating to hate a certain group of people are most probably the worst fanboys around) :)

Malta_1980
Yeah, probably. It can't just be that our opinions are valid.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I don't hate them, I am just critical of them because I know they can do a lot better.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

I dont understand these, "Why do you hate {insert company}?" threads. Why would you hate the company itself? Its the business actions of {insert company} and direction of their products is what you should gripe about. As a longtime gamer (25+ yrs), I dont like the whole media hub first, gaming a distant second approach Sony has made with the PS3, simple as that. If the same business practices were made my Ninty or MS, I would gripe about their lack of vision for their products as well...

Game On...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#45 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts
I used to like sony but this gen i really hate them. Their arrogance is bigger than M$ pockets....
marcuskickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marcuskickass
Member since 2007 • 839 Posts
I don't hate SONY, I hate their management and their personnel who come up with the BS they spew about their products and their gigantic ego coupled with their annoying arrogance.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I don't hate sony. I have a sony cellphone, stereo, TV and gaming system. ..and batteries..
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#48 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

i own a PS3 and i think its awesome, a good system for veteran gamers like me.

altough for me the PS1 is still be best console ever made.

i can assure you most people who "hate" Sony and the Playstation have never played any good games on it or are just very ignorant.

but i do reckon sony could have done somewhat better this gen

but no one console stays on top for long (1980- 1983- Atari 1986-1994 - Nintendo 1994- 2005 - Sony) so it constantly changes.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
I find it funny how people say sony trash talks loads when MS is always at the front of gaming news trash talking sony whenever they release something good or do something well...
Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#50 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts
My distaste for Sony comes from being a consumer who had a bad experiencce with a product and even worse one wiith their customer service department. My first PS2 broke and they would not honor the warranty on it. This was back when Sony was much more in their "F*** the customer" days. I've heard it's improved a great since then, but I won't have anything to do with them. After that I bought a replacement for my PS2 since I had too big of a library to just discard, but I did decided I wouldn't buy anything else from a company that treated me like that. I'm sure eventually I'll break down since the PS3 is starting to look good, but it won't be for quite some time. Plus all I have to do is look at my PS2 and I get pissed off enough to remind me of the whole experience.