So what do 360 owners think?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nasty_butler_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Nasty_butler_9
Member since 2007 • 1540 Posts
Everyone on the PS3 board talks about how 360 will lost and PS3 will win because of it's multiple features. So riddle me this: Do 360 owners think there downfall is iminant? Have they given up or are they still fighting for there beloved system?
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I don't think anyone would care much about the 360 coming third, except maybe Microsoft.

Shazenab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Shazenab
Member since 2004 • 3413 Posts
When games dry up i'll care. I mean really dry up. I was a gamecube owner and still supported the system to the very end and I find it hard to believe that a microsoft console will ever end up like the gamecubes latter years.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
System loyalty is such a strange and pointless thing...
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts

I think PS3 won one month in Jan here in the states. The Wii is selling a lot but hard to get your hands on. I belive the 360 has beaten the PS3 at every turn in 07. This year looks promising for the PS3, I mean people have been saying Just wait till 08 for the past 2 years. After Blu-ray won the format war there was a spike in PS3 sells, but those early buyers will be slapping their foreheads hard after $ony releases new bundles, new skus, and of course new controlers.

The 360 will be on top in the states; one of the biggiest, if not the biggiest gaming market in the world; maybe untill the PS3 drops to $300. When that will happen is anyones guess. "Just Wait till 09"

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts

if you look at the numbers and ignore fanboyness its impossible for the 360 to come in last...

also another price drop is coming soon

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

It's basically inevitable that the 360 will be in fourth place, getting upset over that is as futile as getting upset over fiddy cent bulletproof outselling Ico, Okami and SotC.

I never regretted owning a Genesis, Dreamcast, Xbox, Turbographix-16 or any of the others that I had fun with that eventually lost a console battle.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
All I know is that my 360 still gets the most playtime of the 3. The console war is a joke. Play games, not consoles. Why does anyone care about sales anyway? Are you guys shareholders or something?
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#10 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

This is why I think of all the fanboys the "Cows" are by far the most deillusional.

I have had a PS3 since launch, and while its nice to have a Blu-Ray player I didn't buy to be a Blu-Ray player first and a gaming console second.

It also erks me that the two best games of 2007 in Uncharted and Heavenly Sword combine took me less time to complete combine then Mass Effect or Mario Galaxy.

Now all I am hearing about is that "2008 FTW"? Last January it was 2007 FTW, and now we are almost through the first quarter for PS3 and nadda.

Kameo was released on November 7th 2005 it was the FIRST 360 game on the market,

And to this day not a SINGLE PS3 exlcusive has outscored it?

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was released on November 19th 2006

And yet again, not a single PS3 exlcusive has outscored it.

Sony has lost GTA and DMC as exclusives

Yet somehow PS3 has "dominated" this generation? because of "whats coming"

If PS3 fanboys want to take their arguement to a Multimedia forum, by all means the PS3 is the only Blu-Ray player that will be firmware updated to profile 2.0, so they can "pwn" all the stand alone Blu-Ray player owners they want,

But when it comes to games, I don't think in my lifetime as a gamer I have seen such a terrible drought and utter lack of titles I can't play elsewhere from a console nearly a year and a half out of launch.

If MGS solid lives up to expectations then sure, Cows can call the PS3 a gaming console yet again.

But then what? Killzone 2? the follow up to the classic shooter that scored a 6.9?

Final Fantasy? The game with no release date?

GOW3 a Q3 2009 title???

Consoles are measured by games, and even now that the Cows have developed a loyalty to Gamerankings and IGN because they get what they want to hear, the gaming Library on the PS3 is not remotely close to being the strongest.

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
I expect the 360 to lose but, like the xbox before it, to still supply a great selection of games. I am content.
mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts
as long as i have games to play i don't care in which place the 360 ends up in
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts

System loyalty is such a strange and pointless thing...Verge_6

Agreed. When the 360 stops putting out games, then it will be done for. Doesn't appear to be happening any time soon.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

This is why I think of all the fanboys the "Cows" are by far the most deillusional.

I have had a PS3 since launch, and while its nice to have a Blu-Ray player I didn't buy to be a Blu-Ray player first and a gaming console second.

It also erks me that the two best games of 2007 in Uncharted and Heavenly Sword combine took me less time to complete combine then Mass Effect or Mario Galaxy.

Now all I am hearing about is that "2008 FTW"? Last January it was 2007 FTW, and now we are almost through the first quarter for PS3 and nadda.

Kameo was released on November 7th 2005 it was the FIRST 360 game on the market,

If PS3 fanboys want to take their arguement to a Multimedia forum, by all means the PS3 is the only Blu-Ray player that will be firmware updated to profile 2.0, so they can "pwn" all the stand alone Blu-Ray player owners they want,

But when it comes to games, I don't think in my lifetime as a gamer I have seen such a terrible drought and utter lack of titles I can't play elsewhere from a console nearly a year and a half out of launch.

If MGS solid lives up to expectations then sure, Cows can call the PS3 a gaming console yet again.

But then what? Killzone 2? the follow up to the classic shooter that scored a 6.9?

GOW3 a Q3 2009 title???

Consoles are measured by games, and even now that the Cows have developed a loyalty to Gamerankings and IGN because they get what they want to hear, the gaming Library on the PS3 is not remotely close to being the strongest.

cosmostein77
Great post - I can't find any fault here what so ever as you seem to be right on the spot and to argue the points you made will make the cows look even more delusional then before this thread was created - Nice. :)
StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StringGuard
Member since 2008 • 619 Posts
Holy crap! Do you think a 360 owner is going to think this is over? They have some great titles. Bad question, TC.
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
I don't think any system is going anywhere anytime soon
player_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 player_leo
Member since 2002 • 1483 Posts
I thinks cows are claiming victory with only the "promise" of 'great games' in the future. Well the games have to be out in order to play them, and they have to actually be fun to play. The PS3's claim to future fame was its 08 line of games, but M$ dropped a big one on them when the announced their line up 08 at the GDC. The big difference between the PS3 line up and the 360 line up is that you can believe the release date on a game for the 360, where as the release date on the PS3 you have to 'just wait'.
Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts
It is so funny how about a year ago the 36o fanboys were talking about how the PS3 was going to fail within its first year and the Cows were defending their system to the bitter end. Now it is the opposite, and based on what, two months of marginal sales lead between the two and blu-ray's victory? Common people! PS3 isn't going to fail and neither is 360, and who ever gets 2nd place(the Wii will win most likely) will probably get it by no more then a few million units.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d773aa56272
deactivated-57d773aa56272

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 deactivated-57d773aa56272
Member since 2006 • 2292 Posts
Dude, the PlayStation 3 has a lot of ground to cover and considering Sony's recent track history it won't be easy.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I dont care. Last I checked the 360 has the far better library and it wont change much after this year either.

Sure I will buy a PS3 for MGS 4, but the 360 games coming soon are no slouch.

If the console with the best games is meant to finish 3rd than so be it.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts
I want to be able to play games without having to say "wait for this" and "wait for that". Therefore, I believe the 360 is the best choice for me.
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#22 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts

Nah, definatley not. I think the overal sales between all home consoles will be pretty tight. 360 just needs to really fix those hardware problems and it would sell much better.

Those hardware stories have been scaring people off.

StringGuard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StringGuard
Member since 2008 • 619 Posts

I want to be able to play games without having to say "wait for this" and "wait for that". Therefore, I believe the 360 is the best choice for me. bezaire2005

Cause everything the 360 offers this entire gen has already been released? There's waiting on any console.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice

Nah, definatley not. I think the overal sales between all home consoles will be pretty tight. 360 just needs to really fix those hardware problems and it would sell much better.

PelekotansDream
And thankfully fanboys haven't exaggerated the problem on sites such as this one. :roll:
megaton3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 megaton3k
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

But then what? Killzone 2? the follow up to the ****c shooter that scored a 6.9?

GOW3 a Q3 2009 title???

cosmostein77

DMC3 appeared on the PC couple years back, and the GTA series has showed up on the PC and original Xbox . How has it "lost" exclusives. Also, stop pretending to own a PS3 please.

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts
i play the 360 cause it has the best games for hardcore gamers... those games usually don't sell too well.
Avatar image for PelekotansDream
PelekotansDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#27 PelekotansDream
Member since 2005 • 7602 Posts
[QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

SecretPolice

And thankfully fanboys haven't exaggerated the problem on sites such as this one. :roll:

Well it is a serious problem, I think it is good if people were to rally and voice their opinions, let MS realise the mistake they made and it had payed off. MS started with a 3 year warranty and I am sure they are trying other things, but is it too late?

I personally think so.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SecretPolice
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="PelekotansDream"]

PelekotansDream

Well it is a serious problem, I think it is good if people were to rally and voice their opinions, let MS realise the mistake they made and it had payed off. MS started with a 3 year warranty and I am sure they are trying other things, but is it too late?

I personally think so.

As President Ronald Reagan would say: there he goes again. ;)
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts
I bought a 360 and it had red rings when I tried to start it the first time, returned it for another, same thing. Got my money back, waited, bought a Wii, now I have a Wii that sits on my shelf. I play the PS3 at my cousins house and all the games blow. So... they all lose, it would be nice to try and play the games on a 360 until then I just have to stick with my ps2/pc
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SecretPolice
I bought a 360 and it had red rings when I tried to start it the first time, returned it for another, same thing. Got my money back, waited, bought a Wii, now I have a Wii that sits on my shelf. I play the PS3 at my cousins house and all the games blow. So... they all lose, it would be nice to try and play the games on a 360 until then I just have to stick with my ps2/pcrobokill
Yeah like I said ! :roll:
robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 robokill

[QUOTE="robokill"]I bought a 360 and it had red rings when I tried to start it the first time, returned it for another, same thing. Got my money back, waited, bought a Wii, now I have a Wii that sits on my shelf. I play the PS3 at my cousins house and all the games blow. So... they all lose, it would be nice to try and play the games on a 360 until then I just have to stick with my ps2/pcSecretPolice

what does that mean? not rhetorical, I rarely come here and I'm just pissed I don't get to play any good games, I'm a fanboy of none, but honestly what am I supposed to think when a product doesn't work twice out of the box.

black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts

IF PS3 was ever going to overtake 360, 08 is the year. It has a few things in its corner.

1. The winning HD format. Wont do much for games, but will definetly increase Hardware sales.

2. AAAEs: PS3 had very few last year (if you dont count only GS) but this year it has a few AAAE almost gurantees.

3. Multiplat problems are a thing of the past. Multipalt plat problems are no where as near as bad as last years. The 360 adn PS3 multiplats are Equal now in terms of performance and looks. with PS3somtimes having the better version of a multipalt. (very rare case though)

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dhjohns

I bought a 360 and it had red rings when I tried to start it the first time, returned it for another, same thing. Got my money back, waited, bought a Wii, now I have a Wii that sits on my shelf. I play the PS3 at my cousins house and all the games blow. So... they all lose, it would be nice to try and play the games on a 360 until then I just have to stick with my ps2/pcrobokill

Clear BS!! Does 360 have problems? Yes, but no way two units in a row failed on its first power up. Nice try.

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dhjohns

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="robokill"]I bought a 360 and it had red rings when I tried to start it the first time, returned it for another, same thing. Got my money back, waited, bought a Wii, now I have a Wii that sits on my shelf. I play the PS3 at my cousins house and all the games blow. So... they all lose, it would be nice to try and play the games on a 360 until then I just have to stick with my ps2/pcrobokill

what does that mean? not rhetorical, I rarely come here and I'm just pissed I don't get to play any good games, I'm a fanboy of none, but honestly what am I supposed to think when a product doesn't work twice out of the box.

I don't believe you. That simple. I would believe that a person has two 360s that fail, but out of the box? Nope, can't buy that one.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"][QUOTE="robokill"]I bought a 360 and it had red rings when I tried to start it the first time, returned it for another, same thing. Got my money back, waited, bought a Wii, now I have a Wii that sits on my shelf. I play the PS3 at my cousins house and all the games blow. So... they all lose, it would be nice to try and play the games on a 360 until then I just have to stick with my ps2/pcrobokill

And we should all believe that you're telling the truth ? I don't think so which is my prerogative and there are way too many of us who own 360, many which even had a problem including myself but when MS covers the damn thing for three years and you're a true gamer wanting the best library of games to choose from; me thinks posts like yours scream...... Unbelievable ! :?
aemena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aemena
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

I don't care, I am a gamer not a fanboy that's why I am a Wii60, the reason I didn't go PSWii is because the biggest game library out there and the hardcore games that appeal to me the most are on the 360 and not on the PS3, I can live without playing FFXIII, I have never liked the MGS franchise so I don't lose anything by not being able to play it. As long as the 360 continues to deliver excellent games, I really don't care if it sells less than the Jaguar or the Dreamcast (awesome console btw), I am too busy trying to play every great hit that the 360 has right now, and with the ones coming this year all I can say is "So much to do and so little time"

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts

Ok I don't get why all the Cows think the Xbox 360 is done because the PS3 is actually getting its big games after the huge wait. My prediction is that the PS3 will pass the Xbox 360 in sales, but I wouldn't call the Xbox 360 done in anyway. The console war just started and no system has a big enough lead that we can declare a winner.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 robokill

simple. I would believe that a person has two 360s that fail, but out of the box? Nope, can't buy that one.dhjohns

well then you're an idiot, because I have absolutely no reason to lie. That's just the dumbest argument I've ever heard; you know why I'm right, because I don't believe you....

I guess I'll just sit here in frustration and realize I should've expected as much coming in here. I have no reason to make up a lie like that, you're just a stubborn fool.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

Everyone on the PS3 board talks about how 360 will lost and PS3 will win because of it's multiple features. So riddle me this: Do 360 owners think there downfall is iminant? Have they given up or are they still fighting for there beloved system?Nasty_butler_9

Fighting for 360 ?

I am buying 20+ 360 games this year, and 1-2 on PS3, of VASTLY less interest to me too !!!! Imagine how mediocre PS3 games and lineup is for 2008 to me

Try searching for people that still defend the mediocre so far PS3, not gamers that have melted their eyes in gaming on 360 for years now, and gaming that MATTERS, not shallow action filler games, or shooters mostly, like PS3 mostly has

With 360 i get amazing JRPG', stunning WRPG's, action like NG2, platformers like Banjo, Startegy titles, adventures like Alan Wake, 99% of the best PC games i want, the best world of PC and consoles and covering all genres especially in 2008

Best console of all time for me easilly

What do i get with PS3 ? No action, RPG's, platformers, startegy, adventures etc for 2008, laughable if you ask me at best

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dhjohns

[QUOTE="dhjohns"] simple. I would believe that a person has two 360s that fail, but out of the box? Nope, can't buy that one.robokill

well then you're an idiot, because I have absolutely no reason to lie. That's just the dumbest argument I've ever heard; you know why I'm right, because I don't believe you....

I guess I'll just sit here in frustration and realize I should've expected as much coming in here. I have no reason to make up a lie like that, you're just a stubborn fool.

Call me names all you want, I don't believe you. BTW, not believing you is not an argument. Rather, it is a statement of my belief. Don't get so worked up, this is the internet. How am I really suppose to believe that two 360s failed for you straight out of the box? Seriously. 360 has issues but not right out of the box times 2.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 robokill
ok, so put yourself in the shoes of someone who actually had it happen 2 times in a row. How frustrated am I supposed to be. I voice my opinion and how I'm frustrated with videogames, and people just say no that's not possible you're lying. Ok then...
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dhjohns

ok, so put yourself in the shoes of someone who actually had it happen 2 times in a row. How frustrated am I supposed to be. I voice my opinion and how I'm frustrated with videogames, and people just say no that's not possible you're lying. Ok then...robokill

But with the problem you described you could have just returned it to the store and got a new one. The store return policy would have covered this. Also, twice??? Just have problem with that. Maybe true, but don't take it personal. This is SW and unless people know you from a history of posts, most claims aren't believed.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 robokill
I did return it, twice, after the second I just said screw it, and got a Wii. This was right after Metriod came out. Whatever though, I'm just a disgruntled gamer at the moment, I blew too much money on a video card to have crysis run like crap.
Ithrewupfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ithrewupfire
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

GOW3 a Q3 2009 title???

cosmostein77

Wow excellent post, qft.

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts

360 will lose sales wise....but for me it will always be one of the greatest console ever!

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts
i could really care less.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#47 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Everyone on the PS3 board talks about how 360 will lost and PS3 will win because of it's multiple features. So riddle me this: Do 360 owners think there downfall is iminant? Have they given up or are they still fighting for there beloved system?Nasty_butler_9

I hate my 360. I'm on my fourth one, and will soon be on my fifth. The ONLY reason I have mine is because of my extended 2yr warranty from Best Buy. If not for that, I would have scrapped the 360 a long time ago. I couldn't care less if it comes in 3rd.

razu_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 razu_gamer
Member since 2006 • 4131 Posts
who cares for the 360?
Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
[QUOTE="cosmostein77"]

GOW3 a Q3 2009 title???

Ithrewupfire

Wow excellent post, qft.

Agreed. While they are waiting for games, we have them right now to play. Not that exclusives coming to ps3 are bad or anything like that, but they arent there yet, and you can't call a win if the gold isnt in your hands. Its like saying a bird can fly higher than any man, yet a man can get to the moon?

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
As long as they keep coming out with awesome games Ill keep my 360 and keep buying games for it.