jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

I saw IGN gave the games a 9.3 and people in the comments are saying it’s a lie, the games suck and are bare bones basic. The video has 24k dislikes. What’s going on? Are the games actually awful?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#2 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Well the game isn’t out yet so..... 🤷‍♂️

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

This video I posted on the other thread explain some of the stuff going on.

Basically some review copy got leaked and got data mined, and the game is apparently full of copy/paste content from older games, while removing features from older games with the excuse that they are removing them because it takes to many resources to create all this "new" content.

Loading Video...

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Its just toxic fandom pissed about the universal pokedex not in the game, guarentee it, game releases tomorrow

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@BassMan: lol

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

When a game is targeted for children but 90% of players are adults....

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

As a whole, we need to chill on the outrage over every new release

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@speedytimsi said:

When a game is targeted for children but 90% of players are adults....

that nintendo magic baby...

AJuiceMatts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AJuiceMatts
Member since 2019 • 88 Posts

nope, 9 on gamespot. game is a gem

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Much like Death Stranding, this game is going to get meta bombed HARD.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@jeezers said:

Its just toxic fandom pissed about the universal pokedex not in the game, guarentee it, game releases tomorrow

It's pretty much this.

I totally understand where the devs are coming from. It's just too time consuming to include them all, and that time would be better spent trying new things in the game. Imo anyway.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

The game is pretty boring so far and the new Pokémon look god awful. I'm hoping it gets better. I keep falling for the Pokémon hype but after sun/moon, the games are going in the wrong direction imo. If this doesn't get any better I think I'm done...

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Yes and you should hate it too for some reason.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Seeing some footage and it looks lazy as hell. Multi-billion dollar franchise loved throughout the world, and the end result looks abhorrent. But it's Pokémon, so quality doesn't matter.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

They don't suck.

Fans just create a fantasy of what the game will be and then have a shrieking, weeping meltdown when reality doesn't match their fantasy.

Some gamers will be disappointed in them, I don't doubt, and wish they had more content/innovation/production values/whatever. But they obviously aren't 1/10 disasters, like the fanboy review bombs whinge.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#19 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Copy-paste from the other thread:

@Jag85 said:

Out of all the toxic gaming fanbases on the Internet, I'm afraid the Pokemon fanbase takes the cake... which is a surprising turn for what used to be seen as one of the nicer fanbases

They're bitching over 400 frickin' Pokemon. The original Pokemon only had 150 Pokemon, and it's still a classic. Hell, other great JRPGs barely get a dozen characters or summons. Yet Pokemon fans seem to think 400 is too little. What a bunch of spoilt brats.

Also, this only goes to show that MC user scores are utterly worthless trash. MC should either get rid of user scores, or implement a similar system to Rotten Tomatoes where only confirmed buyers (and maybe renters) rate the product. That would be a good way to weed out the actual players from the fakes who never played it.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

The game is good, unlike Days Gone. lol

Blazepanzer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blazepanzer24
Member since 2018 • 437 Posts

Guys...here's a quote from 10 year old me that sums up my thoughts.

Blazepanzer- "I don't care how much I like the game, a kid from rural Arkansas is not going to trek all the way to New-York city just to get some Pokemon who should have been in the game from the gecko" (Blazepanzer in reference to the Pokemon Red and Blue "Mew" event Pokemon. )

So basically the "National Dex" thing never really was a thing for me. Granted, the number of cut Pokemon is a bit... eyebrow raising in my book, but I'm more interested in whether or not the game is fun and relatively glitch free.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jag85

What sucks is working in game development. You have to work under shitty condictions. And on top of that, you have to make games for gamers, who are some of the most shitty entitled audiences.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#23 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41533 Posts

@Jag85 said:

What sucks is working in game development. You have to work under shitty condictions. And on top of that, you have to make games for gamers, who are some of the most shitty entitled audiences.

Good on Hasan to cover this.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

Pokefans be raving mad

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mojito1988

I'm 12 hours in and having a great time. It has been a great few weeks of me not listening much to all the haters. (Pokémon + Death Stranding = 2 great games that are very different from each other.)

Feels good to not fall into the hate trap.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

I guess. The game supposedly "sucks" but the sales have been insane so far. So much for that boycott. LOL!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

I doubt it's worse than other Pokemon games. To me, it looks too basic and low budget to spend 60 bucks on. But that usually goes for Pokemon. Not sure why they put so little effort in the games. The name sells itself, I guess. Or Gamefreak just can't do better.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

Gamefreak claimed that they were cutting pokemon, moves, and features because they were updating the models and such for the pokemon, but the whole game appears to be an upscaled 3ds game with rebalanced moves. This made a lot of people upset.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

The N64 game "Pokemon Stadium" had better animations.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Probably because Game Freak/Nintendo are super lazy, incompetent and cheap to produce the game fans want.

It’s one of the best selling franchises of all time making Billions of dollars....

But they refuse to put any time, money or effort into making the games. They are seeking maximum profit and cutting things while copy/pasting others.

This is not what Pokémon should be in 2019. It is just trash compared to the rest of the industry.

This game is on the same level as WWE2K20 types of bad.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Wait... there are 400 pokemon and people are complaining? lol... wow. 400 characters in just about any game is damn good. From the look of all the crying I was thinking there was only like 60-80. 400 though? I want a MVC game with more characters than 2, but it will likely never happen... I'll still get it and enjoy it as long as the roster is as big as 3 and they take that ultimate shit and shove it.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The graphics are just unforgivably bad. That's all I know about the game, though. Everything else could be great.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#33 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Its Pokémon, of course it blows. Turn based blobs fighting each other? LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Surely people had to realize that they couldn’t possibly continue to put every single Pokémon into each successive game in this ever growing franchise indefinitely. Right?

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@Archangel3371: You should read up on what actually happened before you defend GameFreak. They didn't update anything. It uses the exact same models as the 3DS Pokemon, and there are absolutely no animations in battle. Compare this to Pokemon Stadium on N64, which had animations for each Pokemon, for each move. Not only are GameFreak lazy when it comes to the presentation of the game, but they are horrible at programming as well.

If anything, Pokemon Sword and Shield have exposed how much of a joke video game "journalism" really is. There are hordes of people who are furious that GameFreak openly lied about needing more space for updated models, and it turns out they didn't add any animations or anything and they are reusing models from the 3DS. People in here are calling dedicated fans "toxic." You know who's actually toxic? GameFreak

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

@mojito1988 said:

I'm 12 hours in and having a great time. It has been a great few weeks of me not listening much to all the haters. (Pokémon + Death Stranding = 2 great games that are very different from each other.)

There is no hate trap at all. Also, u fell into the WORST trap of all, I call it Mr. 'im always right' trap. Just because YOU find them 'great' doesnt objetively and factually make them good.

They are trash period.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@GiveMeSomething: my friend has it and wants me to buy it, all he says is “if you like Pokémon games you will like this game”. I am having a hard time justifying $60 for it based on gameplay impressions. Though I doubt the game will ever really drop in price.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

@GiveMeSomething said:
@mojito1988 said:

There is no hate trap at all. Also, u fell into the WORST trap of all, I call it Mr. 'im always right' trap. Just because YOU find them 'great' doesnt objetively and factually make them good.

They are trash period.

But because YOU find them 'trash' objectively and factually make them bad?

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

@mazuiface: That's weird, because I have definitely seen my pokemon use different animations for a range of different moves.

The animations are certainly limited (which makes sense - the 400ish pokemon can each learn around 25-50 different moves), but there are a lot of nice new animations in the game.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@jeezers said:

It's pretty much this.

I totally understand where the devs are coming from. It's just too time consuming to include them all, and that time would be better spent trying new things in the game. Imo anyway.

But isn't the point of new games to have something actually new? I mean, plenty of other games get dinged for recycling concepts in sequels, but none of the S+S reviews I've read have said much about how Dynamaxing is basically recycling Z-moves/Mega evolutions. And most other games would get points taken off for having bare bones graphics and a bare open world, but apparently not Pokemon. And it would all be understandable if they were adding a bunch of new things but, again, that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems rushed and a little lazy, which completely tracks with the fact that Gamefreak took most of their staff off of it to make their new IP, but again, you wouldn't know that from reading reviews. I also get that it takes a lot of effort to re-render all of the old pokemon in 3-D models, but for one a lot of that work could have been carried over from Let's Go and two, from what I hear, they didn't fully animate the moves anyway so that's way less work than if they had to make separate animations for each move for each pokemon. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on the national dex, but catching them all has been one of the selling points of the game since Gold and Silver. To cut that feature when the rest of the game feels so rushed seems like a poor design decisions.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@mazuiface: Other then Stadium for the N64, what other Pokemon games have actually fight animations? From my memory none.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mojito1988

@GiveMeSomething said:
@mojito1988 said:

They are trash period.

You think they are trash, I actually play them and think they are good. One would think that objectively my opinion would carry somewhat more weight as my opinion is based on actual playtime and your opinion is based mainly on....not sure what to be honest.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Jag85

@mazuiface said:

Gamefreak claimed that they were cutting pokemon, moves, and features because they were updating the models and such for the pokemon, but the whole game appears to be an upscaled 3ds game with rebalanced moves. This made a lot of people upset.

That's not what GF said. This is what they actually said:

The Pokemon Sword and Shield Interview: "We Knew at Some Point We Weren't Going to be Able to Keep Indefinitely Supporting All of the Pokemon"

Junichi Masuda, Producer: There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there's going to be more added in these games. And now that they're on the Nintendo Switch, we're creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it's coming down to the battle system. We're making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine.

We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system. It isn't just going to be all-new Pokemon in the Galar region Pokedex; there's still going to be a lot of favorites that fans will be able to bring over that they've adventured with previously. But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing and getting this optimal selection of Pokemon for the adventure we wanted to provide.

The main reason was to balance the battle system. But the "GameFreak lied" propaganda campaign deliberately ignored this and instead focused on "zeh animations". So it's not GF that lied. It's the insane Pokefans waging this "GameFreak lied" campaign who are the real liars.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@mazuiface said:

That's not what GF said. This is what they actually said:

The Pokemon Sword and Shield Interview: "We Knew at Some Point We Weren't Going to be Able to Keep Indefinitely Supporting All of the Pokemon"

Junichi Masuda, Producer: There are a couple of different parts to the thinking behind it, but really the biggest reason for it is just the sheer number of Pokemon. We already have well over 800 Pokemon species, and there's going to be more added in these games. And now that they're on the Nintendo Switch, we're creating it with much higher fidelity with higher quality animations. But even more than that, it's coming down to the battle system. We're making sure we can keep everything balanced and give all the Pokemon that appear in the games a chance to shine.

We knew at some point we weren't going to be able to indefinitely keep supporting all of the Pokemon, and we just found that Sword and Shield would probably be a good point to go back and reevaluate what would be the best selection of Pokemon that appeal to the widest audience while keeping into consideration the balance of the battle system. It isn't just going to be all-new Pokemon in the Galar region Pokedex; there's still going to be a lot of favorites that fans will be able to bring over that they've adventured with previously. But yeah, it was pretty much just balancing and getting this optimal selection of Pokemon for the adventure we wanted to provide.

The main reason was to balance the battle system. But the "GameFreak lied" propaganda campaign deliberately ignored this and instead focused on "zeh animations". So it's not GF that lied. It's the insane Pokefans waging this "GameFreak lied" campaign who are the real liars.

What battle system exactly is that referring to? Are you talking about the meta-game? Because that just brings up more questions. They already restrict levels for when you battle other players, why not have restrictions for which pokemon you can use? Or why not create leagues for separate generations, so you still can't use all the pokemon in S+S battles, but you can still use, say, Blastoise in a non S+S match? If it refers to the single play game then I have to wonder why balance would be a problem. It's a single player game, if player want to import Mewto, Alakazam, and the birds and totally cheese the game then I don't see how that's a concern.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#45 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

The games are unpolished as hell, and Ninty's corporate slaves can't take the criticism. If this was about a Bethesda game you wouldn't be called "toxic" for calling a spade a spade.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

The game is fun, but deeply flawed.

I expected a near Fallout 76 level of blunder, but it is more like... FF15.

Bring back the Chikorita line, and do something about the damn online (G6 > G7 > G8). And I might change this from a 6 or 7 out of 10 to a 8 out of 10.

For the Online

To make it competent,

Add an option to turn off notifications from random strangers.
Add a proper friends list
Add an option to disable Dynamaxing for Pokemon Battles.

To make it great

Add Communities
Add Player Made Leagues for easy access to popular rules (say a Smogon OU league, ect)