So SW thoughts on Playstation Allstars Beta.

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

I played a few arounds today,beta seems kinda smooth so far,I have used Kratos and Radec thus far.So how are some of you liking the game so far.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50645 Posts

You know you're going to just get a bunch of trolls and people who have never played it, right?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I will play it once I get home today.
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Promised_Trini

You know you're going to just get a bunch of trolls and people who have never played it, right?

Chutebox

Hell yes I know that:P...You mean the morons who's names I wont speak...

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Reposting what I already did in the one thta got locked for whatever reason.

I have to say I like it too. It is a considerable amount like SSB, but there are significant differences that are done very well. The strategy is essentially flipped upsidedown with the stage design and emphasis on supers changing the entire philosophy of how you battle. As soon as I changed my thinking to accomodate the strategy, I found myself winning a lot of my matches.

The biggest issue I can say is that the matching servers went offline a couple times. While annoying, it was obviously part of an adjustment period.

Overall, it was fun and I find myself a lot more hyped for this game than I was before. Also, I love Sly's invisibility.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Promised_Trini

Reposting what I already did in the one thta got locked for whatever reason.

I have to say I like it too. It is a considerable amount like SSB, but there are significant differences that are done very well. The strategy is essentially flipped upsidedown with the stage design and emphasis on supers changing the entire philosophy of how you battle. As soon as I changed my thinking to accomodate the strategy, I found myself winning a lot of my matches.

The biggest issue I can say is that the matching servers went offline a couple times. While annoying, it was obviously part of an adjustment period.

Overall, it was fun and I find myself a lot more hyped for this game than I was before. Also, I love Sly's invisibility.

lx_theo

Yeah same here I won about 3 in a row.Yeah the game is really built around the building up your super meter.

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
I was playing it last night. I thought it was extremely fun. Each character controlled fairly differently. Just gotta get use to not pushing up to jump. Oh, and for some reason GS locked my thread on this same topic earlier. Not sure why. :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

Is the beta available to everyone or PS Plus only?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

XVision84
Plus only now. Next week for everyone.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lx_theo

XVision84
Plus and everyone with a Vita now. Like kuraimen said, everyone else next week
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Going to download it tonight. Can you play as Sly Cooper?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lx_theo

Wanderer5
Sly Kratos Radec Fat princess Parappa Sweet tooth So basically the characters they announced when they initially announced the game
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Promised_Trini

Wanderer5

Yup you can.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

XVision84

Yes its only for us the VIP people :cool:.. the rest getting it next week.

As for the beta i gotta say i was surprised by how good it is, had major fun playing it and i only used Kratos so far, very fast, smooth and fun to play.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Ah good, I definitely will mostly play with Sly (course I give a couple other characters a chance).

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
Played a few rounds and not a fan so far.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
I'm looking forward to it, but more so to play against my daughter who loves SSBB.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RyanShazam
Anyone want to play?
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I had a lot of fun with it, this beta is a lot better than the previous one, considerable level of polish was added. Some characters need balancing, specifically Radec's sniper rifle. Overall it seems like a solid title though, I just hope the final product includes a lot of nice touches SSB has, like character bios (trophies), music selection, stage creator, and mini games.

My PS+ subscription expired, so I only have the Vita version as of now, however I was in the previous beta that was both PS3 and Vita...and I got to say the Vita version holds up extremely well, in fact I actually enjoy it more on the Vita (party chat helps a lot with setting up matches with friends).

I'm not sure if I'll be picking it up day one, but if I have the money I will.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jonwh18
Member since 2009 • 9350 Posts

I don't have PS+, but my friend does. Overall it is about what I expected. The combat works decently, better then I thought. After playing the biggest con is the roster. I really wich they had fought for some of the classic sony charcters that didn't make it. Also most of the movesets are good, a few moves are overpowered, Some moves I think there are better things that they could have done to represent a character then what they did.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Patrick_92-

I don't have PS+, but my friend does. Overall it is about what I expected. The combat works decently, better then I thought. After playing the biggest con is the roster. I really wich they had fought for some of the classic sony charcters that didn't make it. Also most of the movesets are good, a few moves are overpowered, Some moves I think there are better things that they could have done to represent a character then what they did.

Jonwh18

Yeah it's too bad characters like Crash or Spyro aren't in the game, but I believe Superbot did try for them, but apparently Activision wouldn't allow it. Hopefully they will get a deal done in the near future, as free DLC (one can hope :P). Sony did it with Starhawk by allowing LBI to give out their DLC maps for free, what better way for this game to build a solid fan base by promising future DLC for free.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jonwh18

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

-Patrick_92-

Yeah it's too bad characters like Crash or Spyro aren't in the game, but I believe Superbot did try for them, but apparently Activision wouldn't allow it. Hopefully they will get a deal done in the near future, as free DLC (one can hope :P) Sony did it with Starhawk by allowing LBI to give out their DLC maps for free, what better way for this game to build a solid fan base by promising future DLC for free.

those were the characters I wanted :( I also wish instead of evil cole they did kesler since he would play different then evil cole. They also should have added more villians no tsuch a focus on heros. I would have liked to see Dr Nafarious, kesler, Zeus, etc.

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -Patrick_92-

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

Jonwh18

Yeah it's too bad characters like Crash or Spyro aren't in the game, but I believe Superbot did try for them, but apparently Activision wouldn't allow it. Hopefully they will get a deal done in the near future, as free DLC (one can hope :P) Sony did it with Starhawk by allowing LBI to give out their DLC maps for free, what better way for this game to build a solid fan base by promising future DLC for free.

those were the characters I wanted :( I also wish instead of evil cole they did kesler since he would play different then evil cole. They also should have added more villians no tsuch a focus on heros. I would have liked to see Dr Nafarious, kesler, Zeus, etc.

Yeah more villains would have been welcome. Maybe in PSABR2? :lol:

I do get why they do Evil Cole though, his moveset is entirely different than Good Cole. Pressing a button and going from good to evil wouldn't make as much sense as Zelda changing costumes and becoming Sheik.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Anyone want to play? RyanShazam
If you add BroknOath to PSN, I will once beta goes to the public, I don't have PSN+.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Terrible. As expected.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RyanShazam
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"]Anyone want to play? Heil68
If you add BroknOath to PSN, I will once beta goes to the public, I don't have PSN+.

I'll add you right now.
Z-Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Z-Fatalis
Member since 2012 • 1058 Posts

Its not even showing up on my PSN for some reason even though I got PS+

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lx_theo
Terrible. As expected.RR360DD
As if anyone is going to believe you played it or even have a PS+ account. Obvious troll is obvious.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
no interest in it. from all the videos i've seen of it it looks pretty boring.
Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts

Its not even showing up on my PSN for some reason even though I got PS+

Z-Fatalis
I had a hard time finding it also. Do a search for "Allstars Battle Royal Beta." Not sure why Sony didn't put it right on the front page.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Hate it just as much as I hate Smash Bros, as expected. I really don't get the appeal of this sort of game....I'll stick to my traditional fighters thanks. But at least the roster is good.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
SO what you're saying is that you own either a PS3 or a PSVITA and actually downloaded the game. If PS3, that means you actually paid for PS+ to get it and if Vita......well that means you have a Vita. Tell me, how much is M$ paying you again? :lol:
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
You know what? All Sony hatred aside, it was actually pretty shiity. Just like I thought it would be. GOTY for sure. Thank you Ninten-oh wait, I mean Sony.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RyanShazam
If you have the choice or playing Brawl or this Brawl will still be the #1 choice. I don't see m and my friends sitting in front of a TV for hours playing this game.
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Patrick_92-
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Terrible. As expected.game_masta14
SO what you're saying is that you own either a PS3 or a PSVITA and actually downloaded the game. If PS3, that means you actually paid for PS+ to get it and if Vita......well that means you have a Vita. Tell me, how much is M$ paying you again? :lol:

*waits for the typical response* "I played it at my friends house" The todd2r response "I played it at my friends house, then took a dump on is PS3 for showing me this turd of game. He thanked me and threw his PS3 out the window, smashed it to pieces then peed on the remains."
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

playing it on my vita, I love it

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Wish I had PS+ :(

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lx_theo
You know what? All Sony hatred aside, it was actually pretty shiity. Just like I thought it would be. GOTY for sure. Thank you Ninten-oh wait, I mean Sony. todd2r
Sounds legit
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
You know what? All Sony hatred aside, it was actually pretty shiity. Just like I thought it would be. GOTY for sure. Thank you Ninten-oh wait, I mean Sony. todd2r
Wow, that must mean he's being unbiased about this even with his sig picture. /sarcasm :lol:
xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

Its fun to me.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#41 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

I played it last night, will play it again later when I get off work. I find it very fun, it's basically Smash Bros just slighty different. Is it better than Smash? In some ways yes so far like the online, but overall no.

But it's not worse than Smash Bros either. Both of these games have a right to exist to each other, if you like Smash Bros you will enjoy this. My favorite character so far is Radec. I'm happy the beta will be going public to eveyone soon too, I noticed that most of the people that actually play it and give it a chance end up loving it.

Haters are gonna hate, but most of that hate comes from dumb fanboys that can't play it in the first place.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
I'm only good with Kratos :P In the previous beta I mained Kratos and Radec. I tried Sly in the new beta and had a good impression I'll be trying him out more later. It plays surprisingly well on the Vita the only problem is that it gets kind of hard to tell whats going on or where you are when things get hectic on the smaller screen.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52451 Posts
I don't even feel like downloading it.
Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jonwh18

I played it last night, will play it again later when I get off work. I find it very fun, it's basically Smash Bros just slighty different. Is it better than Smash? In some ways yes so far like the online, but overall no.

But it's not worse than Smash Bros either. Both of these games have a right to exist to each other, if you like Smash Bros you will enjoy this. My favorite character so far is Radec. I'm happy the beta will be going public to eveyone soon too, I noticed that most of the people that actually play it and give it a chance end up loving it.

Haters are gonna hate, but most of that hate comes from dumb fanboys that can't play it in the first place.

ShadowMoses900

No bro it is definately worse then smash bros. Its good but not Smash bros level. Its nothing to be ashamed of as this is superbots first try, but you are kidding yoursef if you think that this game is on the same level as SSB already.

Jonwh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jonwh18

You know what? All Sony hatred aside, it was actually pretty shiity. Just like I thought it would be. GOTY for sure. Thank you Ninten-oh wait, I mean Sony.todd2r
Implying you could confuse this with nintendo's SSB? :lol:

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

How many of you liking the game has bad mouthed Smash Bros? Be honest now! :lol:

-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Patrick_92-

How many of you liking the game has bad mouthed Smash Bros? Be honest now! :lol:

yellonet
Does anyone bad mouth Smash? lol
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShadowMoses900

My only complaints about this game are as follows:

1) Missed character opportunities. I was hoping for Cloud, Spyro, Crash etc.....the current lineup is good for what it is, but it could have been better.

2) Seems a little unbalanced with some of the characters and specials.

3) It's hard to keep track of your character, the game is very chaotic, it's like Smash Bros on crack. And in this chaos it's hard to follow your fighter. They need to make it easier, and when you play with a friend and they are the same character there is not enough vareity in the different outfits.

The special kill only system actually works better in gameplay than it sounds. I am having fun with the beta but I would like to see if it has good SP porion first, and if it has a good amount of unlocks like items, costumes etc.....

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Jonwh18

No bro it is definately worse then smash bros. Its good but not Smash bros level. Its nothing to be ashamed of as this is superbots first try, but you are kidding yoursef if you think that this game is on the same level as SSB already.

It's my opinion, many people share it. Not dumb fanboys on SW, but regardless I do not care what other people think. Smash Bros has a crap online, this game has good online. I have the same amount of fun with this as I do with Smash Bros. Your fanboy bias isn't going to change my opinion.

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

wasn't there a thread just like this a few seconds ago?

anyhow... like i said in the similar thread: it's a fine piece of art, i will get it day 1.