So Star Wars Kinect looks...

• 142 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#102 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts
Even that sesame street game looked better.. :lol:
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#103 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

There are zero good Kinect games and by the looks of things, zero good Kinect games coming. Just don't by this trash.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

[QUOTE="ActicEdge"]

I hate to say it looked like garbage but it looked like garbage.

xhawk27

Once again have to disagree. It looked better than I thought it would. Some of the lag might get fixed before releasede lag isn't as bad as you guys are making it out to be.

Its fine if you disagree but to me, that was painful to watch. I hope they fix it since I am a fan of good games but right now it looks like utter crap.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#105 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
It looks wretched. Just horrible. So much lag between attacks it's almost funny, and I'm not even sure if it's the games fault or if Kinect just sucks that bad.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
This, ghost recon custimization, and ME3 voice commands have me very interested.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts
It looks wretched. Just horrible. So much lag between attacks it's almost funny, and I'm not even sure if it's the games fault or if Kinect just sucks that bad.enterawesome
You guys sound like you are jealous you aren't going to get to play this great Star Wars game. It's ok you still have Move games! :lol:
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]Looks atrocious. Lemmings are going to have a terrible year.xhawk27
Yeah keep thinking that. Kinect is the future of gaming and it rocks. Ghost Recon is cool using Kinect and all the other cool stuff you can do using Kinect.

If kinect is the 'future' i'm quitting gaming. I'm not standing up flailing my arms around like a moron to play a video game that's ON RAILS.

This, ghost recon custimization, and ME3 voice commands have me very interested.i5750at4Ghz

I thought the vocie commands in ME3 looked dumb.. you're just selecting the text with your voice, it's not like it skips Shep's part that you just said, and telling your squad mates where to go, although fine, you still aim, so why not just leave a button devoted to it?

As well as the Ghost Recon thing, with the shooting bit.. just looked, sad.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 i5750at4Ghz

[QUOTE="xhawk27"][QUOTE="The_Pacific"]Looks atrocious. Lemmings are going to have a terrible year.Inconsistancy
Yeah keep thinking that. Kinect is the future of gaming and it rocks. Ghost Recon is cool using Kinect and all the other cool stuff you can do using Kinect.

If kinect is the 'future' i'm quitting gaming. I'm not standing up flailing my arms around like a moron to play a video game that's ON RAILS.

Give the platform time to grow. After all consoles started out with these:

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 xhawk27
[QUOTE="xhawk27"][QUOTE="The_Pacific"]Looks atrocious. Lemmings are going to have a terrible year.Inconsistancy

You fling you hand and arms using the Wii controller and Move controllers. So are you saying you are not going to play Sony and Wii games.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Inconsistancy

You fling you hand and arms using the Wii controller and Move controllers. So are you saying you are not going to play Sony and Wii games. xhawk27
Since when do I own a wii, or move? Never did, never will.

Also those have more functionality, as they have a controller attached, so it doesn't have to be on rails. Still want nothing to do with them.

The only motion controller I want is my mouse, it's perfect for what it does.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="xhawk27"]You fling you hand and arms using the Wii controller and Move controllers. So are you saying you are not going to play Sony and Wii games. Inconsistancy
Since when do I own a wii, or move? Never did, never will.

Also those have more functionality, as they have a controller attached, so it doesn't have to be on rails. Still want nothing to do with them.

We're a little young to be so reluctant to change don't you think?
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Is it wrong if I said I laughed throughout all of the gameplay showing?

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Inconsistancy

We're a little young to be so reluctant to change don't you think?i5750at4Ghz
No, I'm old enough to think for myself and don't care about being hip, up with the times. If I end up the old geezer who yells at kids to get off the lawn, then that's fine. I know what I wont do.

Plus, it's not like that garbage is ever going to catch on in certain genre, like rts or racing/sims. Beyond the reasonable functionality of head tracking, which I don't see much need for, a much wider screen would work better (or multi screens), since it wouldn't cut my peripheral vision.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#115 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I think it looks like a lot of fun. Sure there is some lag but overall I like it. Is any motion game ever going to be perfect maybe in the future but for now this is a close you are going to get to being a Jedi. NOW MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!xhawk27
I will bet you thought The Phantom Menace was a good movie too.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]We're a little young to be so reluctant to change don't you think?Inconsistancy
No, I'm old enough to think for myself and don't care about being hip, up with the times. If I end up the old geezer who yells at kids to get off the lawn, then that's fine. I know what I wont do. Plus, it's not like that garbage is ever going to catch on in certain genre, like rts or racing/sims. Beyond the reasonable functionality of head tracking, which I don't see much need for, a much wider screen would work better (or multi screens), since it wouldn't cut my peripheral vision.

Honestly, we have no clue where it will end up. 20 years ago when I was still a baby gamer on my NEs I couldn't have imagined gaming as it is today. I can see you yell at the kids on the lawn already. How is it you dislike something so much yet you don't own any of it? How exactly do you build an opinion of something you can't use?
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

BTW it seemed that the demo was not live, so that might explain the abysmal lag. Game is still horrible though ...

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
Kinnect needs to die like all the other motion control gimmicks... That Star Wars game is an abomination, it was nothing more than on the rails hack & slash and the controls were the exact opposite of sharp and responsive.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 xhawk27
Once again I think it looks pretty good for a motion controlled game. Haters going Hate!
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 xhawk27
Kinnect needs to die like all the other motion control gimmicks... That Star Wars game is an abomination, it was nothing more than on the rails hack & slash and the controls were the exact opposite of sharp and responsive. jdt532
Move First!
mattacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mattacular
Member since 2007 • 363 Posts
Once again I think it looks pretty good for a motion controlled game. Haters going Hate!xhawk27
Oh please! just going from your posts you would think MS was paying you to spew that utter crap. I used to be a huge Xbox fan but even I am not blind enough to pretend this looks good. As for the future of gaming pah this represents a backwards step if anything.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
This, ghost recon custimization, and ME3 voice commands have me very interested.i5750at4Ghz
I don't understand why they are billing ME3 voice commands as Kinect, can't you do that with your 360 headset?
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts

[QUOTE="jdt532"]Kinnect needs to die like all the other motion control gimmicks... That Star Wars game is an abomination, it was nothing more than on the rails hack & slash and the controls were the exact opposite of sharp and responsive. xhawk27
Move First!

That's fine with me but all motion control gimmicks need to go. I'm old school I'll stick with controllers until someone invents the holo-deck.

i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 i5750at4Ghz
[QUOTE="i5750at4Ghz"]This, ghost recon custimization, and ME3 voice commands have me very interested.EmperorSupreme
I don't understand why they are billing ME3 voice commands as Kinect, can't you do that with your 360 headset?

Because it's a kinect feature? Whether or not you can do it without it is moot.
AiurProtoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 AiurProtoss
Member since 2010 • 1080 Posts

[QUOTE="dommeus"]They also went with the Clone Wars CG look, which, for lack of a better work, is f***ing g**.

Ergh...

SaltyMeatballs

Impressive.

Some people wont get that joke but I see what you did thar!!!

The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]Looks atrocious. Lemmings are going to have a terrible year.AncientDozer
Uh, why is that? There's Gears of War and Forza. The Halos, too. An improved service. Vast improvements with Kinect overall. Oh. . oh. Right. Right. I remember. Exclusivity is what matters. Get real. I'm not going to lose any sleep while playing Mass Effect 3 or Battlefield 3 knowing that it's elsewhere. I already own the system, do I need any more incentive (also, let's ignore the fact I have everything)? No. It really doesn't matter if a game is exclusive or not once you purchase a system so any "lemming" as you call it, can enjoy any exclusive or multiplat without real concern.

2 exclusives and a milkage remake ? yeah thats just a sad sad year, You can be happy with bare bones exclusives and milkage kinect titles, but I wont settle for less.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 xhawk27
[QUOTE="xhawk27"]Once again I think it looks pretty good for a motion controlled game. Haters going Hate!mattacular
Oh please! just going from your posts you would think MS was paying you to spew that utter crap. I used to be a huge Xbox fan but even I am not blind enough to pretend this looks good. As for the future of gaming pah this represents a backwards step if anything.

Look I am not a blind MS fanboy that praises everything MS does. Some stuff I don't like so much but as far as Kinect some stuff is pretty cool and this game looks like it could be lots of fun if they improve the lag. I think they can get rid of the lag by the time the game ships and if they do all you haters are going to be PWND! Jedi style. 8)
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
[QUOTE="The_Pacific"]Looks atrocious. Lemmings are going to have a terrible year.xhawk27

Sesame street and Disney are the "future" of gaming :lol: ? You lemmings are funny. All that conference proved was that M$ will shoehorn Kinect into anything they can get their hands on.
mattacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 mattacular
[QUOTE="mattacular"][QUOTE="xhawk27"]Once again I think it looks pretty good for a motion controlled game. Haters going Hate!xhawk27

Look I am not a blind MS fanboy that praises everything MS does. Some stuff I don't like so much but as far as Kinect some stuff is pretty cool and this game looks like it could be lots of fun if they improve the lag. I think they can get rid of the lag by the time the game ships and if they do all you haters are going to be PWND! Jedi style. 8)

Sorry to disappoint but the lag will always be there the developers have said that they didnt want people to be moving around like the star wars kid so the game responds with precanned animations to your movements. It will be impossible to get rid of that lag.
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 xhawk27
[QUOTE="xhawk27"][QUOTE="mattacular"] Oh please! just going from your posts you would think MS was paying you to spew that utter crap. I used to be a huge Xbox fan but even I am not blind enough to pretend this looks good. As for the future of gaming pah this represents a backwards step if anything.mattacular

Sorry to disappoint but the lag will always be there the developers have said that they didnt want people to be moving around like the star wars kid so the game responds with precanned animations to your movements. It will be impossible to get rid of that lag.

Oh didn't know that do you have a link for that? Still I think Lucasarts is going to imporve on the lag. I guess the wait for a great Star Wars game that you can swing a lightsaber continues. :(
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 xhawk27
All I want is a good star wars game that is why I am not giving up on this game. I want to play as a jedi using force powers and whip out my Lightsaber is that so wrong! :cry:
themyth01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#132 themyth01
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Interesting look, it's obvious their target audience is the younger crowd though. Kind of reminds me of LBP.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="mattacular"][QUOTE="xhawk27"]Once again I think it looks pretty good for a motion controlled game. Haters going Hate!xhawk27

Are you kidding me? It looked horrible. The only reason it would okay is if you compared it to the rest of the garbage MS has been shoveling out for the Kinect
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

:lol: I cannot understand how MS or the developers could show that trailer without a feeling of embarrassment. Kinect may be good for navigating menus, but it certainly has no place in games.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 xhawk27

:lol: I cannot understand how MS or the developers could show that trailer without a feeling of embarrassment. Kinect may be good for navigating menus, but it certainly has no place in games.

Asim90
I think the games are getting better. I bet the next gen Xbox and Kinect is going to really shine.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 lx_theo
[QUOTE="Asim90"]

xhawk27
I think the games are getting better. I bet the next gen Xbox and Kinect is going to really shine.

I still don't get how they plan to have people walk. It can never be up to reasonable game standards until thats fixed in a good way.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
All I want is a good star wars game that is why I am not giving up on this game. I want to play as a jedi using force powers and whip out my Lightsaber is that so wrong! :cry:xhawk27
Go play Tie Fighter or something!
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 xhawk27
[QUOTE="xhawk27"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

lx_theo

I still don't get how they plan to have people walk. It can never be up to reasonable game standards until thats fixed in a good way.

They use leg gestures like they do with their hands I think.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 lx_theo
[QUOTE="xhawk27"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="xhawk27"] I think the games are getting better. I bet the next gen Xbox and Kinect is going to really shine.

They use leg gestures like they do with their hands I think.

In all fairness, thats a horrible way to do it. Look at the Kinect Sports guy who was playing wide receiver. No self respecting game would make someone do that.
DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#140 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts

Last E3 I remember saying "that looks alright tbf" when watching the Microsoft conference, this year I'm cringing. Terrible, absolutely terrible.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#141 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
I knew it was going to look like crap. The Kinect has no way to control direction so it was a foregone conclusion that this would be an on-rails game, and it would not have 1:1 controls.
mattacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 mattacular

[QUOTE="mattacular"][QUOTE="xhawk27"] Look I am not a blind MS fanboy that praises everything MS does. Some stuff I don't like so much but as far as Kinect some stuff is pretty cool and this game looks like it could be lots of fun if they improve the lag. I think they can get rid of the lag by the time the game ships and if they do all you haters are going to be PWND! Jedi style. 8)xhawk27

Oh didn't know that do you have a link for that? Still I think Lucasarts is going to imporve on the lag. I guess the wait for a great Star Wars game that you can swing a lightsaber continues. :(

Here is the link they talk of augmented animations but that just sounds **** to me.