So Sony is copying MS with TV and voice recognition and now the Oculus Rift

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

Before you say anything...of course they are copying. They are noticing the hype going towards the OR and want to make one of their own...as tacked on and gimmicky their version may be. :)

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
The PS4 and Xbox One are very similar consoles
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Innovation-->Technology-->Value-FUN, the hallmarks of Sony. Greatness awaits TC. Sony. PS4.
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 legalize82
Member since 2013 • 2293 Posts
MS copys sony after buying nokia, and the eye toy oh and my sony VCR
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

Because Voice recognition didn't exist long before X1 (it did), and neither did VR (it did), :lol:

Come on little lemming, you can do better than that.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 percech

Because Voice recognition didn't exist long before X1 (it did), and neither did VR (it did), :lol:

lx_theo
Like I said, Sony noticed the hype and are trying to attain it by making their own crummy version. Please learn to read, dumbass. :)
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lx_theo
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

percech
Like I said, Sony noticed the hype and are trying to attain it by making their own crummy version. Please learn to read, dumbass. :)

:lol: So?
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 percech
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"]

lx_theo

Exactly, now go away you horrible fanboy. You have an excuse for everything Sony does. :)
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 legalize82
[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

percech

makes ps4 the all in one system obviously nice job sony ... only for 399
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
voice recognition was not even a MS thing.........
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 percech
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"]

legalize82

You must be that stupid. The voice recognition features will cost you more than that. :)
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] Like I said, Sony noticed the hype and are trying to attain it by making their own crummy version. Please learn to read, dumbass. :)

Exactly, now go away you horrible fanboy. You have an excuse for everything Sony does. :)

So you admit your entire thread is based on absolutely nothing but your fanboyism? Great. Glad that's settled, little lemming.
omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Free games for live ... nuf said :lol:

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Yes but all will be inferior compared to XBO

legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 legalize82
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="percech"] Like I said, Sony noticed the hype and are trying to attain it by making their own crummy version. Please learn to read, dumbass. :)

You must be that stupid. The voice recognition features will cost you more than that. :)

have fun with kinect we do virtualreality :)
legalize82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 legalize82

Yes but all will be inferior compared to XBO

XBOunity
VR>>>>>>> Kinect
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 percech
[QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="legalize82"] makes ps4 the all in one system obviously nice job sony ... only for 399

You mean a gimped virtual reality that isn't even worth the trouble? :)
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12351 Posts
Sony's primary R&D department has been working on Augmented and Virtual Reality for years now; way before Oculus Rift.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Because Oculus Rift and Kinect were the first virtual reality/voice recognition software for games :roll:

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

considering VR is the future (Lol 3d), I fail to see how further exploration in this area is a bad thing.

PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

Since when was voice recognition exclusively a Microsoft thing?

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 percech

Since when was voice recognition exclusively a Microsoft thing?

PraetorianMan
Since Sony had no interest in it until they found out MS was doing it. :)
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="legalize82"][QUOTE="percech"] You must be that stupid. The voice recognition features will cost you more than that. :)

Oh, have you used Sony's VR system now? Come on lemming, its like you don't even try when you talk out of your ass.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

lx_theo

No the features did not mean anything till MS said so :lol:

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 percech
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="legalize82"] have fun with kinect we do virtualreality :)

Oh, have you used Sony's VR system now? Come on lemming, its like you don't even try when you talk out of your ass.

Over-used terms will not help you gain anything in an argument. :)
OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

Before you say anything...of course they are copying. They are noticing the hype going towards the OR and want to make one of their own...as tacked on and gimmicky their version may be. :)

percech

Who the f**k cares,lol.

I just want a kick ass games console.........and PS4 will do the job!

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] You mean a gimped virtual reality that isn't even worth the trouble? :)

I'm waiting for an actual answer, little lemming. Did you actually use it? Or are you just going full-fanboy mode today?
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 percech
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Oh, have you used Sony's VR system now? Come on lemming, its like you don't even try when you talk out of your ass.

I'm waiting for an actual answer, little lemming. Did you actually use it? Or are you just going full-fanboy mode today?

I'm basing this off of Sony's previous products/features. They do not have a good history. :)
lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts

Innovation-->Technology-->Value-FUN, the hallmarks of Sony. Greatness awaits TC. Sony. PS4. Heil68

Your posting history is probably the most awesome of anyone on SW. All variations of the same post, haha. Love it.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Funny how the Gameboy Camera never existed to these fanboys. :lol:
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] Over-used terms will not help you gain anything in an argument. :)

I'm basing this off of Sony's previous products/features. They do not have a good history. :)

Okay, so full-fanboy. Good to know :lol:
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] Over-used terms will not help you gain anything in an argument. :)percech

Can you pick the next lotto number for me based off all the past lottery numbers with that skill :lol:

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 percech
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] I'm waiting for an actual answer, little lemming. Did you actually use it? Or are you just going full-fanboy mode today?

So many gimmicks Sony brought to the table in the past decade that did nothing. :)
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

A lot of the they stole this from me, we stole that from them can be summed up pretty easily when it comes to Sony and Microsoft, the PC. That is all.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] I'm waiting for an actual answer, little lemming. Did you actually use it? Or are you just going full-fanboy mode today? no-scope-AK47

Can you pick the next lotto number for me based off all the past lottery numbers with that skill :lol:

Can you pick the next game Lebron plays in where he will showcase his diving/ballerina moves to the world again?
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] I'm basing this off of Sony's previous products/features. They do not have a good history. :)

So many gimmicks Sony brought to the table in the past decade that did nothing. :)

What a common lemming phrase. Yep, that PS Eyetoy that MS copied was such a horrible gimmick. And dual analogue sticks? Darn shame. I love how you lemming are just as much of hypocrites as you claim cows to be. :lol:
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 percech
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] Okay, so full-fanboy. Good to know :lol:

What a common lemming phrase. Yep, that PS Eyetoy that MS copied was such a horrible gimmick. And dual analogue sticks? Darn shame. I love how you lemming are just as much of hypocrites as you claim cows to be. :lol:

Yes and that sixaxis feature worked wonders, just like the Remote Play feature they abandoned and blatantly lied about to make it a selling point on the Vita. :)
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

eh thats how Sony rolls they have never really been original themselves even the disc formats were created by other developers but sony just kind of jumped on board so as to have cotrolling interest.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Not surprising at all. Sony has historically always ripped off other peoples' ideas. Whether it's making a blatant ripoff of Smash Bros or creating a half-assed Wii/Kinect peripheral, you can be sure of one thing: if your idea is remotely interesting, Sony is gonna copy you and make a shittier version of your product. 

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] So many gimmicks Sony brought to the table in the past decade that did nothing. :)

Yes and that sixaxis feature worked wonders, just like the Remote Play feature they abandoned and blatantly lied about to make it a selling point on the Vita. :)

Like how every game that doesn't use the camera has remote play on the PS4? Yeah, totally abandoned, lol. Love the desperation. Keep it up. Now how does some working out and some not mean anything in your predictions again? Countdown to percech full fanboy mode... 3... 2... 1...
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 percech
[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] What a common lemming phrase. Yep, that PS Eyetoy that MS copied was such a horrible gimmick. And dual analogue sticks? Darn shame. I love how you lemming are just as much of hypocrites as you claim cows to be. :lol:

Like how every game that doesn't use the camera has remote play on the PS4? Yeah, totally abandoned, lol. Love the desperation. Keep it up. Now how does some working out and some not mean anything in your predictions again? Countdown to percech full fanboy mode... 3... 2... 1...

Well another reason is how poor Sony is and they may not be fully committed in the project simply because they can't get enough investors. :)
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
What fanboys call copying matters nothing to consumers. They merely want good products they don't care who did it first they only care who does it best.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lx_theo
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] Yes and that sixaxis feature worked wonders, just like the Remote Play feature they abandoned and blatantly lied about to make it a selling point on the Vita. :)

Well another reason is how poor Sony is and they may not be fully committed in the project simply because they can't get enough investors. :)

:lol: I called it. I JUST called it. How do you actually go full fanboy mode when I do a COUNTDOWN? My goodness, man.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Sony has always offered solid consoles over the years, but it's no secret that they are mostly trend followers rather than trend setters.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 percech
[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"]Like how every game that doesn't use the camera has remote play on the PS4? Yeah, totally abandoned, lol. Love the desperation. Keep it up. Now how does some working out and some not mean anything in your predictions again? Countdown to percech full fanboy mode... 3... 2... 1...lx_theo

:lol: I called it. I JUST called it. How do you actually go full fanboy mode when I do a COUNTDOWN? My goodness, man.

Also it's funny how you bring up the PS4's Remote Play integration. So what you're saying is now I gotta pay an extra $400 to finally use it properly? You have atrocious debate skills, btw. :)
tumle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tumle
Member since 2004 • 1274 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] Like I said, Sony noticed the hype and are trying to attain it by making their own crummy version. Please learn to read, dumbass. :)percech

and you having a problem with everything Sony does = better?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10635 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] I'm basing this off of Sony's previous products/features. They do not have a good history. :)percech

The Eye-Toy clearly doesn't fit into that list, seeing as Kinect is a higher variation of the Eye-Toy altogether.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="percech"] Well another reason is how poor Sony is and they may not be fully committed in the project simply because they can't get enough investors. :)percech

Also it's funny how you bring up the PS4's Remote Play integration. So what you're saying is now I gotta pay an extra $400 to finally use it properly? You have atrocious debate skills, btw. :)

You're debate skills can be quite good. Except its more like your arguing against yourself. Keep it up with the stereotypical lemming catchphrases. Of course you have to pay for both devices to use a features that uses both. Are you new to the industry?

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 percech

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="lx_theo"] :lol: I called it. I JUST called it. How do you actually go full fanboy mode when I do a COUNTDOWN? My goodness, man. lx_theo

You're debate skills can be quite good. Except its more like your arguing against yourself. Keep it up with the stereotypical lemming catchphrases. Of course you have to pay for both devices to use a features that uses both. Are you new to the industry?

lol now you're copying my own jibes I already did earlier in the thread against you? Wow, you really ARE a Sony fanboy. :)

EDIT: Oh and I realize you need both but this feature was suppose to be fully available when the Vita was out to work with the PS3. It never did.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lx_theo

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

[QUOTE="percech"] Also it's funny how you bring up the PS4's Remote Play integration. So what you're saying is now I gotta pay an extra $400 to finally use it properly? You have atrocious debate skills, btw. :)percech

lol now you're copying my own jibes I already did earlier in the thread against you? Wow, you really ARE a Sony fanboy. :)

EDIT: Oh and I realize you need both but this feature was suppose to be fully available when the Vita was out to work with the PS3. It never did.

Okay, so you admit you're being a hypocrite. Amazing. :lol: I love it, keep it coming. Fanboy logic like yours is so bad its like holding a ball of yarn just out of the grasp of a stupid cat.