So now that State of Decay 2 is $30, are you disappointed?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll So now that State of Decay 2 is $30, are you disappointed? (30 votes)

No, SoD was meant to be a budget experience 83%
Yes, I thought it was going to be a AAA sequel 17%

I thought the game being $30 was a total non-issue since the first game was a low budget indie. But there appears to be some in the Xbox community that are super let down. Why? When did SoD get inflated to major release status for some when it's obvious it doesn't look the part.

I won't lie, I am confused as to why this is a budget game, but Sea of Thieves is full priced though.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Why is any game full price as opposed to budget? Why single out these games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

Hate to tell you this but, ProtossRushX already made a Thread on State of Decay 2 price concern, so this game was already discuss.

But anyways, I'm excited but I must admit am a little nervous only because we haven't seen a lot about this game, and it's 2 months away for that matter but still, I loooove Zombie games! Hoping the PC version turns out well.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52442 Posts

We got bored of digitalfoundry and these systems not hitting 4K, so now we're gonna discuss game prices.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11131 Posts

@davillain- said:

Hate to tell you this but, ProtossRushX already made a Thread on State of Decay 2 price concern, so this game was already discuss.

But anyways, I'm excited but I must admit am a little nervous only because we haven't seen a lot about this game, and it's 2 months away for that matter but still, I loooove Zombie games! Hoping the PC version turns out well.

Yes, but now it's official, so I may as well make a topic. Anyway, the first game was okay, so I don't see why this one shouldn't be. It at least has some multi features to it now. But it was never going to be the title some were trying to make it be.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44143 Posts

The premise of this thread is in a.... State of Decay Too. lol

Anyway, nope, call me crazy but I prefer half the price and twice the bang for the buck.... Baby!! This gon b gud. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@SecretPolice: This and Sea of Thieves are both included in the gamepass. So can check both out for a mere £8!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

@BenjaminBanklin: I'm just more surprise we haven't see much out of Stat of Decay 2 and I'm keeping my expectations to a medium level until I can hear more about it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice

@boycie:

Same here man. I signed up last Friday, had an absolute blast with and beat Gears 4. That game rocks and my oh my is it stunning on X1X. Started playing Mad Max and having some fun with it. Great deal especially since you can cancel anytime. :D

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

Xbox fanboys are upset by this? Not the anti-MS fanboys that keep telling Xbox fanboys how they should feel like always?

Anyhow, pricing wasn't an issue after the announcement that the XB1 exclusives would release via GamePass.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BenjaminBanklin

@boycie said:

@SecretPolice: This and Sea of Thieves are both included in the gamepass. So can check both out for a mere £8!

I know. Game Pass is the second best thing to piracy. New games for mere change, and it's Play Anywhere too.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Saw on twitter, IGN will have a gameplay reveal today. Also been reading hints that farming/community building in-game is pretty deep.

Yeah on the twitter posts, been seeing some people crying foul because of the price and prob these same people are playing a free game called Fortnite Battle Royal and didnt complain about it being free.

With low price point, im just hoping Undead Labs will be doing constant updates(fortnite/sea of thieves style) to give the game longevity.

Although i did read that the game will have a ultimate edition for $49 which will include 2 future dlc packs(guessing maps) and the standard $30 bucks or game pass for 10 bucks.

Im def. Going with the ultimate edition for $49.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice

TC, perhaps you may want to add this hot off the press GS newsfeed about SoD2?

State Of Decay 2 Release Date, Price Announced For Xbox One And PC

The open-world zombie game arrives in May.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/state-of-decay-2-release-date-price-announced-for-/1100-6457191/

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5558 Posts

Whats this now... price shaming?

This looks like another great example of an online co-op game this industry needs. I will gladly support it with my cash.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Some of the greatest games in the world are not $60 games. WTF does the cost of a game make any difference? If a game is good it is good. If it sucks it sucks. Was Rocket League terrible since it was free on release on the PS4?

And WTF does the OP care when he hates Microsoft? He sure does post about Microsoft more then the Lemmings do.

/

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@enzyme36: I honestly cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but as a fan of the first game, I can tell you coop was heavily requested because of the game mechanics and how many of your AI partners helped in the first game, co-op is a perfect fit for this game and was heavily requested by the community, so I'm thrilled that they added it personally and listened to feedback, I just hope the game runs well because the first one had a few lingering glitches.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

the game looks like bull s&&&&

so NFG

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Well it’s day one for me now. Only thirty bucks. Why not

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Oooohhh the state of SWs.........rock.....bottom

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5558 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

@enzyme36: I honestly cannot tell if you are being sarcastic or not, but as a fan of the first game, I can tell you coop was heavily requested because of the game mechanics and how many of your AI partners helped in the first game, co-op is a perfect fit for this game and was heavily requested by the community, so I'm thrilled that they added it personally and listened to feedback, I just hope the game runs well because the first one had a few lingering glitches.

No sarcasim at all... I look for any online co-op I can find. Every single one of my normal gaming comrades are in other states/ countries. We've gone thru most co-op games out there and there are just not enough new experiences. Developers seem to be scared to drop in graphic fidelity to create a fully co-op game... or just think multiplayer has to be PvP only.

Hopefully this looks like its starting to turn around, with games like Monster Hunter, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Alucard_Prime

@enzyme36: Cool, good points....my bad as its not always obvious what people mean in System Wars :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BenjaminBanklin

@Xabiss said:

Some of the greatest games in the world are not $60 games. WTF does the cost of a game make any difference? If a game is good it is good. If it sucks it sucks. Was Rocket League terrible since it was free on release on the PS4?

And WTF does the OP care when he hates Microsoft? He sure does post about Microsoft more then the Lemmings do.

/

This is the point I'm making, genius. Some of the best games aren't $60, but that hasn't stopped the whinging from some of the most notorious Xbox fans out there. What exactly did they want from this game?

For someone who's not a fanboy, you sure are sensitive when people post about Microsoft. You rather everyone ignore them? I'm going to play this game if it's good.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

There is a $50 version that includes 4 days of early access to the game, covers the cost of the two future expansions planned, and includes a copy of State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition. Gotta admit, that's a lot of value there.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

@davillain-: You can get the full scope at IGN on March 7th in their first look program.

And to the TC you lack any form of reason. MS is simply under cutting the competition. MS by there own standards are doing really good but its only when you compare how Sony is doing does there seem to be an issue. MS simply wants to close the gap and draw more people in. This is the best time for any XB fan. Those of us who been XB fans have been reaping none stop rewards because of this little spat.

I already gave the PS4 a shot this gen but the experience was dull, boring and not a great value. The true winners are the XB loyalist. Cows only get to rejoice that their pathetic plastic box has sold nearly twice as much as my plastic box. XB fans get to rejoice because our plastic box gives so much more value in gaming with better performance, a quality exclusive experience rather than a mere quantity one, better online and better services.

Having experienced first hand what a PoS, price whore and limp prick PS4 truley is I almost feel sorry for Cows destiny of being feed grass to inevitably to be turned into ground beef. Thus, from a business perspective they feed you the cheapest forms of games and services (the grass), and you reward them with every dime you can spare (the beef). I mean shoot, I had a steak last night and all that creature needed was some water and a whole lot of grass, thats a hella of a deal!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Whats really funny is that $30 State of Decay will completely embarrass $60 Days Gone in the gameplay department

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#28 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

Is State of Decay 2 up for pre-order yet? Just wondering.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22388 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Xbox fanboys are upset by this? Not the anti-MS fanboys that keep telling Xbox fanboys how they should feel like always?

Anyhow, pricing wasn't an issue after the announcement that the XB1 exclusives would release via GamePass.

Exactly.

It really is unbelievable how obsessed certain people are with everything Xbox on these forums... they must dream about it every night. Weird.

Anyway, SOD isn't really my thing but I'll try it out with Gamepass. That's the beauty of it.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Gameplay over Graphics.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaVillain  Moderator

@Dogmatic923 said:

@davillain-: You can get the full scope at IGN on March 7th in their first look program.

I hardly go to IGN but then again, I haven't log-in, maybe 2-3 years. Guess I'll pay them a visit since you mention there's news/update for State of Decay 2, thanks.

Dogmatic923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dogmatic923
Member since 2006 • 734 Posts

@davillain-: no problem, with the first look program the reveal should be going on the entire month. Also, you don't even need to go to there site, just youtube. There's new a new video out now of the devs playing 4 player co-op. The game is AAA quality for half price. Good luck.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Alucard_Prime

I just saw the IGN footage and it looks great, more polished than the first game, and apparently it runs on a new engine. It should be noted though that it was running on a PC, though the game is X-enhanced with HDR support so it may look even better on the X depending on what settings that clip was at.... will have to wait and see. Pleased with what I saw though, the occasional jerkiness of the 1st game seems negligible here.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

/

This is the point I'm making, genius. Some of the best games aren't $60, but that hasn't stopped the whinging from some of the most notorious Xbox fans out there. What exactly did they want from this game?

For someone who's not a fanboy, you sure are sensitive when people post about Microsoft. You rather everyone ignore them? I'm going to play this game if it's good.

Uhhhh the first part was me talking in general. The second part was directed at you and not surprising at all you got defensive in a hurry. If you actually go through my post history I talk good about all the platforms numb nuts. You notice me more in anti Xbox threads because there are more anti Microsoft threads right now, genius.

Paradocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Paradocs
Member since 2015 • 264 Posts

Am I disappointed in State of Decay 2 being $30? No, but not because I feel like it "should" be a budget experience.. I just don't care, why would I want a video game to be more expensive? As a consumer, that doesn't make any sense. lol, like damn, man, I would've bought this game if it was $30 more. lol

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11802 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

I just saw the IGN footage and it looks great, more polished than the first game, and apparently it runs on a new engine. It should be noted though that it was running on a PC, though the game is X-enhanced with HDR support so it may look even better on the X depending on what settings that clip was at.... will have to wait and see. Pleased with what I saw though, the occasional jerkiness of the 1st game seems negligible here.

State Of Decay 2 runs on Unreal Engine 4 while the first State Of Decay runs on Cryengine 3

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Geez OP your threads are shithouse

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

Not disappointed at all. Loved the first game, and this one is three times bigger with co-op and in 4k - Looks great to me - plus it'll be supported with new content likely for the next two years. I've bought plenty of shitty $60 games over the twenty years plus I've been a gamer. The cost of the game has zero to do with its quality, your enjoyment of it, or its ultimate success commercially. SoD 2 is a day one Game Pass download!

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Wasn't State of Decay 1 a $20 game? Or $30? I don't see this as all that surprising and that's pretty cool to see more midprice games.

AnthonyAutumns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 AnthonyAutumns
Member since 2014 • 1704 Posts

They should think of a way were the finite resource in the first game to be "renewable" without leaving the area. Eventually, you'll run a hard cap on surviving because you had already depleted the map's resources.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

I have no problem with it. The first one wasn't $60. Might as well be mad GoW isn't $70 then.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cainetao11

@davillain-: You know by now that IGN has 25 minutes of gameplay footage up, right?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

If it's good the price won't matter.

The problem though is that MS' games outside of Forza have all been duds this gen. I hope for lems' sake it's a good game because they've been hyping it for so long and it's been delayed like forever. It flopping would be devastating for their morale.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cainetao11

@Alucard_Prime: , I can tell you coop was heavily requested because of the game mechanics and how many of your AI partners helped in the first game, co-op is a perfect fit for this game and was heavily requested by the community, so I'm thrilled that they added it personally and listened to feedback, I just hope the game runs well because the first one had a few lingering glitches"

It another example of MS caring about MP. If they're charging me to access it, it's at least nice that they put some compelling stuff out to play with others.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I didn't know the first game was an indie for $20. Knowing that now, $30 seems right. I did think this was gonna be a AAA game though for $60. Guess it's good they aren't overcharging for half a game.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BenjaminBanklin

@quadknight said:

If it's good the price won't matter.

The problem though is that MS' games outside of Forza have all been duds this gen. I hope for lems' sake it's a good game because they've been hyping it for so long and it's been delayed like forever. It flopping would be devastating for their morale.

Microsoft's had some good games on Xbox One though. GoW4, Cuphead, Forza Horizon 3, Sunset Overdrive, and I even like QB. It's just the fanbase is lukewarm on buying games unless the console is winning NPD or something. They're a weird bunch. Nowadays the only games to play are "the waiting game" and "last gen library". I think this SoD2 will be a good game, it's just there were too many Xbox fans trying to prop it to AAA status when that's not what the franchise is.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cainetao11

@BenjaminBanklin: I see most people on my x1 friends list playing HALO 5 MP, Gears MP, PUBG or Fortnite, not "last gen library".

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By cainetao11

@getyeryayasout: We will be co opping this my brethren.