So much for the new falcon chips

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -Maddog-
Member since 2007 • 882 Posts

When will it end?

philcabinet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 philcabinet
Member since 2005 • 4312 Posts
The idea of Falcon chips made me burst out laughing, honestly, I have a 360 as well so I don't get where they come from.. 'You guys paid a lot for your ps3!.. All we had to pay for was a controller charger, a warranty, online, a falcon chip, and many other things that hsould've come wth it!'
zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts
M$ better come up with a solution these coming months, it's not good when your discouraged from buying a console just because of it's faulty hardware. They really dropped the ball -___-
DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DeathIsARight
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(zaid55

Having a PC and a PS3 makes more sense anyway. By not having a 360 what are you really missing?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
My brother bought an Xbox 360 two days ago - it has a faulty hard drive (as he found out when he went to play Halo 3). Microsoft wanted him to pay the shipping costs to send the console in (ridiculous... I thought it was free), of course it's still within thirty days, so back to Toys R Us it goes for an exchange.

That really doesn't bode well with me though... I've defended MS against the wild accusations of 30% failure rates, but I still don't feel comfortable with where the hardware is at.
QuasidodoJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 QuasidodoJr
Member since 2004 • 474 Posts
I've had mine Red Ring three separate times. I finally traded the most recent 360 returned to me towards one of the newer ones with HDMI, but it will probably only last me a good 4 months like the last three.
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kritical_Strike

[QUOTE="zaid55"]the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(DeathIsARight

Having a PC and a PS3 makes more sense anyway. By not having a 360 what are you really missing?

Nah Wii60 combo is more effective.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts

[QUOTE="zaid55"]the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(DeathIsARight

your missing the quality games if you dont get a 360
JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Look at the carpet it's sitting on :lol: The falcon helps keep things cooler, it doesn't make it indestructible.
DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DeathIsARight
[QUOTE="DeathIsARight"]

[QUOTE="zaid55"]the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(Kritical_Strike

Again, getting a 360 is pointless. PSPC makes more sense and get a Wii if you have some cash lying around. But a 360 is a ripoff of epic levels.

QuasidodoJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuasidodoJr

your missing the quality games if you dont get a 360NSR34GTR
Yeah... I mean, C'mon! The PS3 or the PC doesn't have the Halo 3!

:roll:

DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DeathIsARight
[QUOTE="DeathIsARight"]

[QUOTE="zaid55"]the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(NSR34GTR

Like what? Bioshock *pc* gears? *pc*...Halo 3? *pc you know it*

DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DeathIsARight

[QUOTE="NSR34GTR"]
your missing the quality games if you dont get a 360QuasidodoJr

Yeah, because we all know the other 2 Halos NEVER made it to PC. :roll:

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Not all Halo 3 Xbox 360's have the 65nm CPU. Also, you can fake a 3/4 red ring of death by cutting off the power by light switch and then flipping the light switch back on. This proves nothing.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 subrosian
Look at the carpet it's sitting on :lol: The falcon helps keep things cooler, it doesn't make it indestructible.JimmyT2

My PC is sitting on carpet and works fine... so has every console my little brothers have owned. Hell... their GCN lived in a closed wooden cabinet... that would be a coffin for a 360. It's pretty piss poor design to not account for how your customer will use your product. For example, $0.03 worth of foam rubber would have made it so you could move the 360 while in use and not scratch the disc...
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="DeathIsARight"]

Again, getting a 360 is pointless. PSPC makes more sense and get a Wii if you have some cash lying around. But a 360 is a ripoff of epic levels.

Since it's breaking down all the time, I can't help but agree.

But it's not pointless to get one, contrary to popular belief it's faliure rate is far under 30%.....and I'm an NG fan.

QuasidodoJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 QuasidodoJr
[QUOTE="QuasidodoJr"]

[QUOTE="NSR34GTR"]
your missing the quality games if you dont get a 360DeathIsARight

I know. That's why I rolled my eyes. The lemmings will come back at your post with, "But you'll be waiting 2 years for it! LAWL!"
DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DeathIsARight
[QUOTE="DeathIsARight"][QUOTE="QuasidodoJr"]

[QUOTE="NSR34GTR"]
your missing the quality games if you dont get a 360QuasidodoJr

I know. That's why I rolled my eyes. The lemmings will come back at your post with, "But you'll be waiting 2 years for it! LAWL!"

Well it did take Halo 2 almost 3 years to get there. :lol: A long wait unless MS moves faster.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

When will it end?

-Maddog-

1. How do I know that's a 360 fitted with Falcon chips.

2. That 360 must be only days old, someone must want attention. Even on a carpet, it wouldn't die that quickly. I'm guessing it's fake.

Unstoppable_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Unstoppable_1
Member since 2003 • 2005 Posts
If you put the 360 on the floor especially carpet, when you walk around it damages the insides. that's why your 360 has 3 red rings of death. Poor manufacturing leads to it being easily damaged. Put it somewhere like a table not on the floor.
-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 -Maddog-
[QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

When will it end?

SgtWhiskeyjack

2. That 360 must be only days old, someone must want attention. Even on a carpet, it wouldn't die that quickly. I'm guessing it's fake.

Make excuses for your beloved 360....smart.

on carpet IT WILL NOT die....aslong as the vents are clear and theres enough vetilations...it should be fine.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Some of youDO NOT KNOW (if not all)as to what that 360 is actually set on.

LOOK AT THE FREAKING PHOTO. ITS NOT ON THE CARPET!. Look under it for crying out loud and stop damage controlling.

zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts
Well im giving MS a mothn in a half or 2 before i get tired of waiting and buy a PS3, in that case i hope Tekken 6 is out and Haze is good. And my friend brings his 360 over every weekend i wont miss the games that much.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

When will it end?

-Maddog-

on carpet IT WILL NOT die....aslong as the vents are clear and theres enough vetilations...it should be fine.

Sorry bud. Give me a video and show the 65nm CPU inside and I'll believe you. Until then, it's BS. I gave you 2 reasons as to what it can be. People on the internet love causing drama.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts

Also can't any of you use common sense and look at the two different shadows under the 360? There are two. One is made be the 360 and the darker one is made by what it is set on!

USE YOU EYES!!! NOT YOUR GOGLES!

EDIT Fixed spelling. :P

BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts
[QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

When will it end?

SgtWhiskeyjack

It's a well known fact that the new halo edition 360 uses the new falcon cpu however the gpu is the problem so it's not like they fixed the problem. My 360 has RROD twice in under 6 months now I just leave my ac on andpray. The 360 needs a heat pipe on the gpu or a die shrink before this will go away. My ps3 stays on folding and I even put a 7200rpm hard drive in it and it never blinked and it has the psu in the system.

Ms clearly has the psu huge brick outside and it still has issues don't blame it on the user this is ms's fault for shipping faulty hardware. Why would anybody buy a 360 now when they should know it has a 1/3 chance of failure is beyond me ??

-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Maddog-
[QUOTE="-Maddog-"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

When will it end?

BioShockOwnz

Sorry bud. Give me a video and show the 65nm CPU inside and I'll believe you. Until then, it's BS. I gave you 2 reasons as to what it can be. People on the internet love causing drama.

You sure are one of them. Point is, MS need to fix the issue QUICKLY...its no joke. These limited edition SKU are NEW and still suffer.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SgtWhiskeyjack
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

When will it end?

-Maddog-

Not answering my questions...smart.

How do I know that's a falconed 360?

How old is that 360?

How do we know it has not been faked?

The Halo 360's have only been out a week as far as I know, I can't see one dieing that quick.

FYI, blocking the vents so that you get reduced air flow through the unit is not the only problem, you also suck up dust. Add moisture from the atmosphere, it gets hot when you play it - turn it off it cools and therefore moisture in the air is then condensed, soaking the dust that gathers on components, which then causes tracking and short circuits on PCB's.

QuasidodoJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuasidodoJr

Sorry, I think that would be you. This thread was already made and you have nothing credible backing it up. Until I see more reports and factual evidence to back up this photo, it's BS and so far not a widespread issue if it's even legit. Oh yeah, this picture is a joke because not all of these Halo 360's have the 65nm CPU and you have no proof that this one does. So go fetch a picture of this 360's CPU then we'll believe you.

BioShockOwnz
Yeah, dammit! Crack it open and void the warranty!
-Maddog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -Maddog-
[QUOTE="-Maddog-"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

BioShockOwnz

You sure are one of them. Point is, MS need to fix the issue QUICKLY...its no joke. These limited edition SKU are NEW and still suffer.

Sorry, I think that would be you. This thread was already made and you have nothing credible backing it up. Until I see more reports and factual evidence to back up this photo, it's BS and so far not a widespread issue if it's even legit. Oh yeah, this picture is a joke because not all of these Halo 360's have the 65nm CPU and you have no proof that this one does. So go fetch a picture of this 360's CPU then we'll believe you.

Lol, whats with the hostility? Calm down.

Its a new SKU with the red rings of death, that doesn't bother you? Regardless of it having the new chip or not..it still sucks. Why make new units..yet, keep the seriously flawed hardware? and why ONLY add it to some of them?

Geez.

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 subrosian
[QUOTE="-Maddog-"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

=picture of RROD Halo 3 Xbox 360=

When will it end?

SgtWhiskeyjack

Not answering my questions...smart.

How do I know that's a falconed 360?

How old is that 360?

How do we know it has not been faked?

The Halo 360's have only been out a week as far as I know, I can't see one dieing that quick.

FYI, blocking the vents so that you get reduced air flow through the unit is not the only problem, you also suck up dust. Add moisture from the atmosphere, it gets hot when you play it - turn it off it cools and therefore moisture in the air is then condensed, soaking the dust that gathers on components, which then causes tracking and short circuits on PCB's.

That's a damn long-winded excuse that fails to explain how my highly overclocked gaming PC, which sits on the carpet, inhales dust, et cetera - has none of these hardware failures. Obviously it's a quality-control issue, and it'd be quite possible for there to be faulty Halo3 -360s out there.

My brother just bought a 360 two days ago, it came with a faulty hard drive, go figure. Electronic devices have to be manufactured to be tolerant of the atmosphere they're used in. Moisture condensation? What the hell are you talking about? The system doesn't get colder than room temperature. The reason 360s are breaking is due to heat expansion (y'know, hot stuff expands, cool things contract) causing solder to pull away from the board.

I'm not saying you're not an educated guy, just that you don't seem to have *any* idea what you're talking about when it comes to 360 hardware problems. Of course one broken Halo 3 unit isn't statistical evidence of anything, no one claimed that it was, but 360 hardware problems still exist - with all that's happened in the past, Microsoft needs as few breakages in the future as possible.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 subrosian

BioShockOwnz

Unless we've got a reference guide to the numbers on the 360 CPU heat spreader, or he's got a Halo 3 unit, and is going to peel back the heat-spreader, taking a photo is going to do zero good. It would be far more useful to measure the power consumption of this unit, since if it's running a 65nm chip it should be lower - giving us a good indication.
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

subrosian

Unless we've got a reference guide to the numbers on the 360 CPU heat spreader, or he's got a Halo 3 unit, and is going to peel back the heat-spreader, taking a photo is going to do zero good. It would be far more useful to measure the power consumption of this unit, since if it's running a 65nm chip it should be lower - giving us a good indication.

There is actually a website that has done so for their model and the 65nm CPU looked different from the 90nm CPU.

QuasidodoJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuasidodoJr

There is actually a website that has done so for their model and the 65nm CPU looked different from the 90nm CPU.

BioShockOwnz
They probably didn't mind voiding their warranty.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 subrosian
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Nice, that'd be quite an overhaul for the system then. However, reactionaries are too quick to judge. My brother just got a 360 with a faulty hard drive, it's not *at all* impossible for a few faulty units to get shipped out, working units to get damaged in shipping, or simply have an expected failure.

Given how people currently perceive the 360 hardware, MS needs the tighest quality control it can afford right now, they're losing money from people holding off on the system until they're sure the problem is fixed - that's going to mean a few months without reports of faulty hardware.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 subrosian
[QUOTE="subrosian"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

BioShockOwnz

Nice, that'd be quite an overhaul for the system then. However, reactionaries are too quick to judge. My brother just got a 360 with a faulty hard drive, it's not *at all* impossible for a few faulty units to get shipped out, working units to get damaged in shipping, or simply have an expected failure.

Given how people currently perceive the 360 hardware, MS needs the tighest quality control it can afford right now, they're losing money from people holding off on the system until they're sure the problem is fixed - that's going to mean a few months without reports of faulty hardware.
BrooklynBomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrooklynBomber
Member since 2007 • 1507 Posts
Click on my sig my pc is oc's way beyond spec and it still runs fine there is no excuse for a console to die Bioshock you should know better. Who cares what cpu it has it's a new system and it's dead ms makes crappy hardware.
DeathIsARight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DeathIsARight

Some of youDO NOT KNOW (if not all)as to what that 360 is actually set on.

LOOK AT THE FREAKING PHOTO. ITS NOT ON THE CARPET!. Look under it for crying out loud and stop damage controlling.

Cedmln

You earned a cookie, I didn't notice that. Very hard to see.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BioShockOwnz

Click on my sig my pc is oc's way beyond spec and it still runs fine there is no excuse for a console to die Bioshock you should know better. Who cares what cpu it has it's a new system and it's dead ms makes crappy hardware.BrooklynBomber

Yay, your PC runs fine. That's good, I guess.

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SgtWhiskeyjack

That's a damn long-winded excuse that fails to explain how my highly overclocked gaming PC, which sits on the carpet, inhales dust, et cetera - has none of these hardware failures. Obviously it's a quality-control issue, and it'd be quite possible for there to be faulty Halo3 -360s out there.

My brother just bought a 360 two days ago, it came with a faulty hard drive, go figure. Electronic devices have to be manufactured to be tolerant of the atmosphere they're used in. Moisture condensation? What the hell are you talking about? The system doesn't get colder than room temperature. The reason 360s are breaking is due to heat expansion (y'know, hot stuff expands, cool things contract) causing solder to pull away from the board.

I'm not saying you're not an educated guy, just that you don't seem to have *any* idea what you're talking about when it comes to 360 hardware problems. Of course one broken Halo 3 unit isn't statistical evidence of anything, no one claimed that it was, but 360 hardware problems still exist - with all that's happened in the past, Microsoft needs as few breakages in the future as possible.

:| Where is your vent on your PC, mines about a foot of the floor at the back?

The 360's vent is across the back and 2 rows of vent holes on each side as you should know if you've looked at your brothers. The carpet would be poking through some of those holes on the TC's 360.

I didn't say dust would cause a problem in a week, just that it can be the bain of electronics. As for condensation, if you get it on your windows, then you can get it anywhere, especially if some areas are cooler than others. Where you live and humidity have a lot to do with it. I wasn't saying this is the problem, just that dust isn't your friend and since I work with electronics, I see a lot of faults caused by tracking.

I think our arguement is irrelevent, the picture is obviously fake.

Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathIsARight"]

[QUOTE="zaid55"]the falcon chips were put in some of the 360s. IF MS keep this up im a gonna have to buy a PS3 :'(NSR34GTR

You don't have to have a 360 to play "quality" games. The Xbox is not the end-all be-all of gaming, you know.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
I heard its the GPU that causes most of the problems.
Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
Videos bud cause the 360 RROD can be faked, show us from start turning it on to the end, an show us the powersupply whilst your doing it cause otherwise I call as credibly call this thread bs with pictures as proof like people have stated you prove nothing to us. People did the same thing with elite models around here remember and some of them did video proof to prove it cause pictures mean nothing.
JTH_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 JTH_22
Member since 2005 • 1438 Posts
Point is this COULD be faked. I don't know if it is or isn't but a picture isn't proof that the new 360's as a whole are faulty. If a month or two from now I'm seeing widespread reports of failure then shame on MS (again)but this one pic means nothing to me. Of course cows jump all over this because they think it gives them ammo but there's no way to validate this single picture of one new 360, so fail.
naughtydog360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 naughtydog360
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"][QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"][QUOTE="-Maddog-"]

-Maddog-

Lol, whats with the hostility? Calm down.

Its a new SKU with the red rings of death, that doesn't bother you? Regardless of it having the new chip or not..it still sucks. Why make new units..yet, keep the seriously flawed hardware? and why ONLY add it to some of them?

Geez.

.. Damage controle on the max.. Go to N4G, you'l find the guy who posted that picture, he also CONFIRMED AND SHOWED PICS OF THE 65NM EVIDENCE!.. Take a chill pill Xbox fans, this type of thing happens..