So MGS4 fans hate on halo3

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

I saw this thread about the Halo 3 map pack and EVERY negative comment was posted by some dude with a Snake avatar.

Chew on this though....

When PS2 had install base of 120 million it sold around 3 million copies of snake eater

360 had i think between 10-13 million install base and sold twice as much with Halo 3. Just a little reality for anyone who thought MGS4 was anywhere near as HUGE as halo3.

Bottom line. MGS sales have seriously declined each game since the first. This was largely because of dissapointing sequels. Sons of Liberty especially.

Its obvious why you hate halo 3 :)

Your so proud of your system seller but really the only reason this game will sell will be its bundled with the system people dont by for the games but for blu ray movies lol.

bphan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bphan
Member since 2005 • 1666 Posts

I saw this thread about the Halo 3 map pack and EVERY negative comment was posted by some dude with a Snake avatar.

Chew on this though....

When PS2 had install base of 120 million it sold around 3 million copies of snake eater

360 had i think between 10-13 million install base and sold twice as much.

Bottom line. MGS sales have seriously declined each game since the first.

Your so proud of your system seller but really the only reason this game will sell will be its bundled with the system people dont by for the games but for blu ray movies lol.

L1qu1dSword

Pretty much.

tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts

Chew on this though....

360 had i think between 10-13 million install base and sold twice as much with Halo 3. Just a little reality for anyone who thought MGS4 was anywhere near as HUGE as halo3.

Bottom line. MGS sales have seriously declined each game since the first. This was largely because of dissapointing sequels. Sons of Liberty especially.

L1qu1dSword
try 17 million BTW.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
liquidsword makes another MGS hating thread, how original...
tader-salad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tader-salad
Member since 2008 • 842 Posts
[QUOTE="tader-salad"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Chew on this though....

L1qu1dSword

try 17 million BTW.

link *btw* i wasnt talking current sales anyways.

Look it up, M$ made the statement after halo3 was released.
jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jujutheking
Member since 2006 • 2998 Posts
lol mgs3 came out in05 how was ps2 at 120 mill??mgs2 came outwhenps2 has like18 mill and sold 7.2 mill
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

And we are supposed to think thatt halo is better because it sold more :?. Not all gamers are into first person shooters.

Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

lol mgs3 came out in05 how was ps2 at 120 mill??mgs2 came outwhenps2 has like18 mill and sold 7.2 milljujutheking

MGS2 sold 7 million with a 19 million userbase.

MGS3 sold 3.5 million with a 90 million userbase, 6 million with around a 105 userbase (subsistence)

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 L1qu1dSword

lol mgs3 came out in05 how was ps2 at 120 mill??mgs2 came outwhenps2 has like18 mill and sold 7.2 milljujutheking

lol think about what you are saying....

PS2 has smaller install base for MGS2 and sells 18 million( 7 million actually which means halo 3 allready beat it at 8.1 million lol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Top_20_console_games_of_all_time

Then when it had a much larger install base for MGS3 it sold very poorly( about half as much....hmmm).

I remember Kojima crying and blaming GTA San Andreas and Halo 2. Of course he was at fault with the crappiness of Sons of Liberty.

So if you consider PS2 owners possible PS3 owners then realize 3.5 mill is 2.5 percent of PS2 owners.

So projected MGS4 sales would logically be 2.5 percent of the 9 mil or so ps3's out there which is around 250 thousand. Kojima meanwhile must be crapping his pants because in order to finance making one of the longest movies *cough* i mean "games" ever will need to sell 1 million on the first day......LOLOOLOLOLOL.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 L1qu1dSword

And we are supposed to think thatt halo is better because it sold more :?. Not all gamers are into first person shooters.

AgentA-Mi6

no i am mainly arguing that mgs4 is not a system seller like cows like people to think. halo 3 could be called a system seller since a whopping 50 percent of people with the console bought that game( that is amazing).

the other point is that mgs has been on the decline. it is now old and decrepit like snake.

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

I respect both.

/thread

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
You obviously don't know what a system seller is fanboy. It's a game that moves a large amount of SYSTEMS not software and being bundle MGS4 will do just that.
Blood_Bampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blood_Bampyre
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts
of course halo is gonna sell more, it made the xbox wat it is, all my friends that have a 360 have halo, and some of my ps3 friends arent on the MGS4 hype and are still deciding to get it, MGS is not as big as some people make it, dont get me wrong i loved MGS3 because of the ideas they had, i mean where else can i eat a freaking crocadile
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 L1qu1dSword

You obviously don't know what a system seller is fanboy. It's a game that moves a large amount of SYSTEMS not software and being bundle MGS4 will do just that.Flamestos

in that case the system is game seller not vice-versa. funniest thing about that is that the system doesn't sell itself either, the blu ray player sells it lol.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Dumb topic.... So a few people had a Metal Gear avatar.

You can like both games you know.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts

Halo 3 might sell more no doubt? But metal gear solid 4 will sell a **** as well because the gameplay just looks so damn amazing, You can have you halo3 because we get to play cod4 so no ps3 owner cares about halo 3 and all because cod4 is simply better and it's on our system

But then you have metal gear solid 4 on ps3 and nothing is close to mgs4 on the 360 and nothing ever will be, so it makes 360 owners jelous much

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts

in that case the system is game seller not vice-versa. funniest thing about that is that the system doesn't sell itself either, the blu ray player sells it lol.

People who were going to buy the PS3 just for MGS4 anyway just gets this as a bonus instead of buying them both seperately. Lemming really act like they are superior but Microsoft and their systems haven't really done as much as you guys like to shout about.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
3.7 million copies sold is now bad? if you take any good selling PS2 game, it will look poor against the PS2's userbase.
jaygun007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaygun007
Member since 2005 • 180 Posts
I dont care for snake eater much or halo3, they were both boring sequals n my opinion although Ive spent countless hours with my friends online in halo3. But honestly I think MGS4 is going to be a much better game than halo3 just based off of the time thats been put into it and the fact that Sony knows this is their game that could potentially put them in the # one spot. But if all else fails dude I play Wow lol best game ever
jaygun007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaygun007
Its actually really hard to believe people fight over this kind of thing lol 360 and ps3 are both so awesome
DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarkCloud79
Member since 2006 • 997 Posts

Chew on this though....

L1qu1dSword

Genious post. First he says MGS4 won't sell well, then he says it will sell well because of the bundle. Damage control FTW.

You know, I don't think anyone has ever said that MGS4 will outsell Halo3 Mountain Dew edition.

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

Halo 3 might sell more no doubt? But metal gear solid 4 will sell a **** as well because the gameplay just looks so damn amazing, You can have you halo3 because we get to play cod4 so no ps3 owner cares about halo 3 and all because cod4 is simply better and it's on our system

But then you have metal gear solid 4 on ps3 and nothing is close to mgs4 on the 360 and nothing ever will be, so it makes 360 owners jelous much

bigLLL

If you like FPS, you should really give Halo 3 a try. It was an amazing experience and the online is awesome. Don't get me wrong I like my PS3 and cod4, but I enjoyed Halo 3 more. Give it a try and you might like it, even if it's on the 360 and by the sound of it you don't like the system. I actually enjoy my 360 more than my PS3, but that's just me.

RickLemieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RickLemieux
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

Its actually really hard to believe people fight over this kind of thing lol 360 and ps3 are both so awesome jaygun007

I agree, but this is SW.

jaygun007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jaygun007
True this is sw and as much as I hate it i love it lol I actually didnt really like halo3 much, I must be the only one. I was a bit mroe occupied ith bioshock and Mass effect.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Chew on this though....

DarkCloud79

Genious post. First he says MGS4 won't sell well, then he says it will sell well because of the bundle. Damage control FTW.

You know, I don't think anyone has ever said that MGS4 will outsell Halo3 Mountain Dew edition.

OK so since you are apparently such a brainiac yourself I should not have to explain this to you but the point is that MGS4 is NOT likely a system seller and I am using a contrasting example in halo 3. Need help tying your shoes while Im at it?

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jujutheking

[QUOTE="jujutheking"]lol mgs3 came out in05 how was ps2 at 120 mill??mgs2 came outwhenps2 has like18 mill and sold 7.2 millL1qu1dSword

lol think about what you are saying....

PS2 has smaller install base for MGS2 and sells 18 million( 7 million actually which means halo 3 allready beat it at 8.1 million lol)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#Top_20_console_games_of_all_time

Then when it had a much larger install base for MGS3 it sold very poorly( about half as much....hmmm).

I remember Kojima crying and blaming GTA San Andreas and Halo 2. Of course he was at fault with the crappiness of Sons of Liberty.

So if you consider PS2 owners possible PS3 owners then realize 3.5 mill is 2.5 percent of PS2 owners.

So projected MGS4 sales would logically be 2.5 percent of the 9 mil or so ps3's out there which is around 250 thousand. Kojima meanwhile must be crapping his pants because in order to finance making one of the longest movies *cough* i mean "games" ever will need to sell 1 million on the first day......LOLOOLOLOLOL.

Just because Halo sold more doesn't mean MGS doesn't sell.Let me post fuzzy post

link

One of the most often repeated SW myths is that MGS might be a good game, but it's not a system seller.

Proponents often proceed by way of three arguments, which I'll refute individually.

Argument #1: MGS is not mainstream.

No, it's not, but that doesn't mean it isn't a system seller. The concept of a "system seller" is difficult to define clearly, but we all have some general idea of what it means. If I might make an attempt: a "system seller" is a game or franchise that moves millions of units and is considered one of the most powerful reasons for why people buy a particular platform.

In this sense, MGS most certainly fits the definition.

Sales of Metal Gear Solid (PS) as of 2002 were at 6.6 million worldwide.

Sales of Metal Gear Solid 2: The Sons of Liberty (PS2) as of 2006 were at over 7 million worldwide.

Sales of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2) as of 2007 were at 3.7 million worldwide (not including Subsistence).

On the Playstation, Metal Gear Solid sales followed only Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Tomb Raider, and Crash Bandicoot, all of which are considered system sellers for the Playstation. Out of thousands of Playstation titles, MGS was the seventh best selling game on the platform.

On the Playstation 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 sales followed only Grand Theft and Gran Turismo, both of which are considered major system sellers. It outsold such system moving franchises as Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Dragon Quest. Out of thousands of Playstation 2 titles, Metal Gear Solid 2 was the sixth best selling game on the platform.

Metal Gear Solid 3, the latest and least popular of the MGS games, followed close behind MGS2 in ninth place out of all Playstation 2 games. It still beat popular games like Dragon Quest VIII, Devil May Cry, and Kingdom Hearts II.

No, MGS is not mainstream, but the numbers show that it is beyond question a system seller for Playstation platforms.

Argument #2: MGS sales are only a fraction of Playstation and PS2's huge userbase.

True. But again, this fact does not mean the franchise is not a system seller.

Two things to consider. First, there weren't 130 million PS2 owners when MGS2 launched in November 2001. The Playstation 2 was barely a year old. The fact of the matter is that MGS2 was a tremendous help to get the Playstation 2's momentum going and establish a strong install base.

Second, if MGS2 is only a fraction of the PS2's userbase, so is Grand Theft Auto. And Gran Turismo.

But would anyone venture to suggest that these two franchises are not system sellers? The bare-bones truth is that when evaluating whether a game is a system seller on the Playstation and PS2 platforms, the ratio of game sales to install base is meaningless, because the install bases of those two platforms are gigantic, spread across a huge demographic, and thus diminish any franchise's sales to a fraction of their total.

So just because every franchise on PS and PS2 is a fraction of the install base, the PS and PS2 have no system sellers? That's obviously nonsensical. With install bases that huge, there must have been a healthy amount of system sellers for both PS and PS2.

MGS is one of them because like all the other franchises indubitably considered "system sellers" on Playstation platforms, it moves millions of units per iteration and provides a powerful incentive for people to purchase the platform.

Argument 3: MGS is a system seller, but the series is on the decline

The third argumentative approach is to concede that MGS is a system-selling franchise, but focus on the relatively low sales of MGS3 compared to MGS and MGS2, and hence assert that the series is dropping off the map.

This, I agree, is a possibility, but a highly unlikely one. More likely than not, MGS4 will be the Playstation 3's first big system seller, and I'll explain why.

The argument that MGS3 sold less than MGS2, and therefore MGS4 will sell less than MGS3, assumes a linear slope of decline in sales for the series. This of course, is an entirely unsubstantiated assumption. For example, Gran Turismo (Playstation) sold 10.5 million, GT2 (PS) sold 8.5 million, GT3 (PS2) sold 11 million, and GT4 (PS2) sold 8.79 million. As you can see, sales trends for GT games have been anything but linear, yet no one would suggest that GT is not a system seller, or that GT5 will sell less than GT4 because GT4 sold less than GT3.

Like the Gran Turismo series, MGS games have traditionally been a showcase for Playstation platforms.At trade shows like E3 and TGS, crowds would jam the convention floor with their mouths agape at the technical and aesthetic achievement of the debut MGS trailer.

Given that MGS3 was a late game on the Playstation 2, its debut had nowhere close the impact as MGS or MGS2. Its controls were also more complex than ever, creating a higher than usual learning curve and thus limiting itself to a narrower audience.

Unlike MGS3, MGS4 was a return to form for the series, as its debut at TGS in November 2005 literally brought the industry to a halt (those of you on the forums then will remember).

It had the same impact as MGS and MGS2 in terms of generating that instantaneous and universal reaction of awe at the first time Snake's profile was shown. And Kojima Productions has worked tirelessly to streamline the controls for a broader audience, as evidenced by the ample gameplay footage available.

MGS4's hype continues to this day, and the level of anticipation for this title far exceeds anything prior to MGS3. At Tokyo Game Show this year, Gamespot reported that even with a record 48 kiosks, attendees still waited up to 3 and a half hours to play the demo, and packed the show floor to see the new trailer.

Seasoned industry analyst Michael Pachter even suggests that Sony may adjust its pricing next year to coincide with the launch of "blockbuster games Grand Theft Auto IV and PS3 exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4." Source

Whether Sony will take such action is irrelevant to the purposes of this thread. The purpose is to argue that MGS is a system selling franchise and that MGS4 has tremendous potential to duplicate the success of MGS and MGS2. Analysts support the point by reiterating it and basing their projections on it.

People might say that MGS4 will sell less than MGS3, and that the series is dropping off the map. If I were to bet, I'd say that the MGS series will follow a similar pattern to the GT series. As the technical showcase for the Playstation 3 and the debut MGS title on that console, MGS4 will more likely than not move millions of Playstation 3's and continue its reputation as a system selling franchise for Playstation platforms.

Addendum: A certain poster has challenged me on the point that I did not show a sales spike immediately after the launch of an MGS game, and thus I have not demonstrated that MGS is a system seller. This individual claims that MGS games may have sold in a slow trickle, and thus cannot be said to have pushed sales of the PS2 console.

Given that MGS and MGS2 (the system sellers of the franchise) launched so long ago, it is difficult to obtain data on sales trends. Nevertheless, here is even more evidence to bolster my position, from an article published by gamespot the month after MGS2 launched:

Sony releases more Playstation 2 sales figures

The Playstation 2 is doing quite well despite two new competitors on the market.

Sony Computer Entertainment America has announced that it has sold 1.5 million units of the Playstation 2 since the week of Thanksgiving helping to establish an installed user base of 6.5 million units in the US. Sony also claims that according to TRSTS reports from the NPD Group, Playstation and Playstation 2 software sales have accounted for more than two-thirds of the video game software market during the month of November. Sales from the Playstation family of products, including hardware, software, and peripherals, have generated more than $700 million in revenue during the same time period.

Konami's Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty was the best-selling console game in November, followed by Grand Theft Auto III, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, Harry Potter: The Sorcerer's Stone, Madden NFL 2002, and WWF Smackdown! Just Bring It. In all, the Playstation family of products accounted for five of the top 10 best-selling console games in November and more than 60 percent of that in total revenue.

source

As you can see, Metal Gear Solid 2 was outselling Grand Theft Auto III on its debut, though GTA III (an undisputed system seller) had launched less than a month earlier. As the leading title in December 2001, there is no doubt MGS2 helped establish the PS2 as the dominant system in that month and in the broader generation.

MGS2 sold in a slow trickle? The facts say otherwise

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarkCloud79
[QUOTE="DarkCloud79"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Chew on this though....

L1qu1dSword

OK so since you are apparently such a brainiac yourself I should not have to explain this to you but the point is that MGS4 is NOT likely a system seller and I am using a contrasting example in halo 3. Need help tying your shoes while Im at it?

No, your point was that you are scared of MGS4 so you decided to throw a "we had a game that sold more" and a "it will only sell because of teh bundle".

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 L1qu1dSword

3.7 million copies sold is now bad? if you take any good selling PS2 game, it will look poor against the PS2's userbase.Mordred19

Im simply comparing to halo 3. 8.1 million games sold with between 10 and 17 million user base vs.3.5 million sold with 120 million user base.

Just trying to show you guys this game is not so great and the only reason you hype it is because you are clinging desperately to the sinking SONY raft ready to cheer on any game that rises slightly above mediocrity.

Have you seen the freakin graphics on this? 2 years ago Gears looked way better. last night i saw a thread comparing Gears MP to SP mgs4 and gears looked Wwaaaaayyy better. Wake me when MGS is over.

Besides that I never buy two games in a month and NG2 looks MUCH more interesting that month.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 L1qu1dSword

No, your point was that you are scared of MGS4 so you decided to throw a "we had a game that sold more" and a "it will only sell because of teh bundle".

Is this the level of super intellect im supposed to wish I had? Im starting to wonder if maybe I should just ignore you because your obviously just a little kid. Does mommy know you are using the internet little boy?

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jujutheking

Is this the level of super intellect im supposed to wish I had? Im starting to wonder if maybe I should just ignore you because your obviously just a little kid. Does mommy know you are using the internet little boy?

L1qu1dSword

Why are u ignoring my post above?

white_sox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32 white_sox
Member since 2006 • 17442 Posts
Wow way to generalize off one person, who may actually have hated the maps. Oh, and MGS2 sold better than the first so you're original arguement failed.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mordred19

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]3.7 million copies sold is now bad? if you take any good selling PS2 game, it will look poor against the PS2's userbase.L1qu1dSword

Im simply comparing to halo 3. 8.1 million games sold with between 10 and 17 million user base vs.3.5 million sold with 120 million user base.

Just trying to show you guys this game is not so great and the only reason you hype it is because you are clinging desperately to the sinking SONY raft ready to cheer on any game that rises slightly above mediocrity.

Have you seen the freakin graphics on this? 2 years ago Gears looked way better. last night i saw a thread comparing Gears MP to SP mgs4 and gears looked Wwaaaaayyy better. Wake me when MGS is over.

Besides that I never buy two games in a month and NG2 looks MUCH more interesting that month.

that's all you can say? graphics? how about MGS4's bigger and non-linear enviorments? how about enviorments that aren't static with no player interaction?

MGS4 didn't take the "shallow eye-candy" approach when it was developed. all you can talk about is graphics, textures specifically, and you ignore how MGS4 does a better job of establishing atmosphere. the visual experience is not dependent on shiny textures and linear corridors.

DarkCloud79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DarkCloud79

L1qu1dSword

Lol, now that was very adult indeed.

You get a cookie for pointing out the obvious fact that MGS4 will not sell as much as Halo3.

Did anyone said it would? No.

Does it make it a better game? Oh heck no.

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 jujutheking
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

[QUOTE="Mordred19"]3.7 million copies sold is now bad? if you take any good selling PS2 game, it will look poor against the PS2's userbase.Mordred19

that's all you can say? graphics? how about MGS4's bigger and non-linear enviorments? how about enviorments that aren't static with no player interaction?

MGS4 didn't take the "shallow eye-candy" approach when it was developed. all you can talk about is graphics, textures specifically, and you ignore how MGS4 does a better job of establishing atmosphere. the visual experience is not dependent on shiny textures and linear corridors.

LOL MGS4>>>GOEW in terms of graphics nad don't get angry.He makes two hate MHGS thread per day.No matter wat he will hate.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

jujutheking

A.) because you copied and pasted it from a thread i regarded as useless and frivolous last night.

B.) because it does nothing to dispute my point that the series is not only declining but also not a system seller any where near the calibre of Halo3. Just wait for NG2, Fable 2, and especially Gears 2.

Gta3-fan334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gta3-fan334
Member since 2004 • 1499 Posts

MGS 8.5 AA
MGS2 9.6 AAA
MGS3 8.5 AA

Halo:CE 9.7 AAA
Halo 2 9.4 AAA
Halo 3 9.5 AAA

:?

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#38 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

Just because Halo sold more doesn't mean MGS doesn't sell.Let me post fuzzy postjujutheking

:lol: that's my trophy wife that I whip out during MGS sales arguments.

I tend to hear the same arguments over and over again about this issue, so I think it's suitable to have an all-in-one rebuttal.

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jujutheking
[QUOTE="jujutheking"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

L1qu1dSword

A.) because you copied and pasted it from a thread i regarded as useless and frivolous last night.

B.) because it does nothing to dispute my point that the series is not only declining but also not a system seller any where near the calibre of Halo3. Just wait for NG2, Fable 2, and especially Gears 2.

Did u even read it.LMFAO etc.. The whole post is disputing ur cliam.What does NG2 etc.. has to do with the topic at hand which is MGS is not a system seller?? or if the topic at hand is Halo sells more then yeah ur right Halo does sell more.Doesn't mean MGS doesn't sell tho.

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jujutheking

MGS 8.5 AA
MGS2 9.6 AAA
MGS3 8.5 AA

Halo:CE 9.7 AAA
Halo 2 9.4 AAA
Halo 3 9.5 AAA

:?

Gta3-fan334

hmm who is talking about scores from GS.This topcic is about MGS not being a system seller.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mordred19
[QUOTE="jujutheking"]

Just because Halo sold more doesn't mean MGS doesn't sell.Let me post fuzzy postfuzzysquash

I tend to hear the same arguments over and over again about this issue, so I think it's suitable to have an all-in-one rebuttal.

oh, but they always use that straw-man: "It's not going to on the level of Halo 3! LOL!"

it's like a really annoying enemy in a hack-and-slash game. but all you have to do is mash on the logic button.

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jujutheking
[QUOTE="jujutheking"]

Just because Halo sold more doesn't mean MGS doesn't sell.Let me post fuzzy postfuzzysquash

yep i bookmarked it.

Strongbad_02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Strongbad_02
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]You obviously don't know what a system seller is fanboy. It's a game that moves a large amount of SYSTEMS not software and being bundle MGS4 will do just that.L1qu1dSword

Using "lol" at the end of all your unfunny comments doesn't make them wittier.

Or whatever the crap you're trying to do.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 L1qu1dSword

Unfortunately I did read it and all it really does is show sales and hilarious defenses to people's claims. That post did NOT have to be that long either by the way so you really can't blame someone for not wanting to read it regardless.

You keep chopping my statement in half so that your copy paste argument is applicable.

Ill repeat for the third and final time.

MGS4 does not likely look to be a system seller THE CALIBRE OF HALO 3. Your article does not even mention Halo 3 but mostly brags about how great MGS2 helped PS2. It also tanked the series by being crap. Why do you think 3 sold so much worse? because 2 was crap!

MGS sales are declining. YOUR ARTICLE DOES SHOWS THE NUMBERS AND THEY DON'T LIE.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

[QUOTE="Flamestos"]You obviously don't know what a system seller is fanboy. It's a game that moves a large amount of SYSTEMS not software and being bundle MGS4 will do just that.Strongbad_02

Using "lol" at the end of all your unfunny comments doesn't make them wittier.

Or whatever the crap you're trying to do.

uh no that is generally an online statement emoting that I feel something is humorous. i LOVE people go into useless technicalities like this. you obviously have NOTHING pertinent o say at all.

L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="fuzzysquash"][QUOTE="jujutheking"]

Just because Halo sold more doesn't mean MGS doesn't sell.Let me post fuzzy postjujutheking

yep i bookmarked it.

lol way to be original and have opinions. problem is that one size fits all doesn't. it does not apply to the specific discussion.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

Would I rather play...

Gears of War with its pretty graphics, lame story, lackluster content and little to no depth to gameplay.

or

Halo 3 with its pretty graphics, Alright Story, fun popcorn gameplay and enjoyable multiplayer.

or

Metal Gear Solid 4 with its pretty graphics, fantastic story, depth and content and multiplayer with the same depth and content as the singleplayer game with unlockables and customization.

hmmm I don't know but gears of war seems pretty much on the bottom of the listings here ;)

(probably because outside its graphics the game is terrible by my standards just like uncharted was outside of its graphics).

Halo 3 is a fun game, its a tried and true game that doesn't really try many knew things outside of its core mechanics and while thats fine considering you shouldn't fix what isn't broken specially in concern to the halo franchise the fact remains I'm far more hyped for MGS4 then I was for the release of halo 3.

They are both endings (at least at this time) for there respective franchises and halo 3 went out with a bang, its MGS4 thats the game thats going out in style because till the end the game has been about innovation to its many aspects of gameplay, story telling and even masterful creation.

Sure the game isn't considered a halo or gears of war class system seller but it is still one by the definition of a system seller, it pushed a lot of consoles during the time the second game was released and MGS3 (MGS3 SS and Sub) all together sold many copies.

The problem is you don't take into account the real facts, you just go heres the numbers sold and heres the userbase and thats your final word on the matter.

Hell by your standard mate we can call 50 cent bulletproof a freakin system seller!

jujutheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jujutheking

Unfortunately I did read it and all it really does is show sales and hilarious defenses to people's claims. That post did NOT have to be that long either by the way so you really can't blame someone for not wanting to read it regardless.

You keep chopping my statement in half so that your copy paste argument is applicable.

Ill repeat for the third and final time.

MGS4 does not likely look to be a system seller THE CALIBRE OF HALO 3. Your article does not even mention Halo 3 but mostly brags about how great MGS2 helped PS2. It also tanked the series by being crap. Why do you think 3 sold so much worse? because 2 was crap!

MGS sales are declining. YOUR ARTICLE DOES SHOWS THE NUMBERS AND THEY DON'T LIE.

L1qu1dSword

hmm Didn't mario and GT sales go down?I guess those gms kept declining oh wait.

p2rus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 p2rus
Member since 2005 • 2859 Posts

L1qu1dSword

you: mgs is not a system seller

fuzzy: mgs is a system seller, lots of proof

i agree it doesnt apply at all. fuzzy why do you have to bring your dumb thread about mgs being a system seller into every thread when people dont think it is! its totally not applicable to the conversation at hand!

lol

tonythestudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tonythestudent
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Ah liquid liquid liquid, when is this damage control gunna end, cause you're gunna give yourself heartburn.