so it looks like I have to spend $600 for a decent reliable console...

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
Okay, **** you MS. I'm sick of you junk consoles. My second 360 is getting ready to die on me and I think its time to invest in a PS3. Why, for the love of god, can't they get their **** together and make something that lasts longer than 3 weeks?
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts
get a wii.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

Okay, **** you MS. I'm sick of you junk consoles. My second 360 is getting ready to die on me and I think its time to invest in a PS3. Why, for the love of god, can't they get their **** together and make something that lasts longer than 3 weeks?
ninjaxams

honestly i think its cause they are so used to not having competition with Windows. so they just churn out crap like they did with windows, and expect everyone to swallow it.

itsallgood29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 itsallgood29
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

ninjaxams

Sounds like its your fault. I have 3 of them and not one has even had a single problem.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Thats my problem with the 360. I've heard of MANY faulty hardware issues from people here. That, and the fact that i dont have a HDTV, is keeping me from buying a 360 right now.
Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts

get a wii.CaseyWegner
Indeed.

How is your 360 even dieing? Somethings are just unlucky. However if its overheating its your fault because you're not giving it large enough space to ventilate.

kittykatz5k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#7 kittykatz5k
Member since 2004 • 32249 Posts

get a wii.CaseyWegner

*nods head*

Btw the way, how is yours 360 "dieing on you" I thought if you get a red ring, they just kinda go without warning...

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
You're mad now, but when Mass Effect and Halo 3 are our, you'll crack and send it in for repairs anyways. And how does the 360 'die' on you? Red rings?
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gzus666

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]get a wii.kittykatz5k

*nods head*

Btw the way, how is yours 360 "dieing on you" I thought if you get a red ring, they just kinda go without warning...

from what i hear, sometimes when the disc drives start going out, they make loud noises, and then kill over

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
get a wii.CaseyWegner
Got it in one.
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
My second 360 is quite reliable.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts

ninjaxams

Mine has lasted since 11/05. As a matter of fact, its been running for the last 10 hours straight. :shock:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]Okay, **** you MS. I'm sick of you junk consoles. My second 360 is getting ready to die on me and I think its time to invest in a PS3. Why, for the love of god, can't they get their **** together and make something that lasts longer than 3 weeks?
Magical_Zebra

Mine has lasted since 11/05. As a matter of fact, its been running for the last 10 hours straight. :shock:

Better go catch it! :o

:P

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
there has to be more too it then just it died ive had one since launch and it hasn't given me any problems at all i just keep it in a well ventalated spot and it works fine you must be leaving it on for a long time because that does make it get very hot
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Verge_6

My second 360 is quite reliable.thirstychainsaw

Hell, the 360 I've had since Nov 05 has worked fine.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gzus666

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]Okay, **** you MS. I'm sick of you junk consoles. My second 360 is getting ready to die on me and I think its time to invest in a PS3. Why, for the love of god, can't they get their **** together and make something that lasts longer than 3 weeks?
Magical_Zebra

but his didnt, so i dont think he gives much of a damn about yours ;)

Hippostrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hippostrike
Member since 2006 • 1014 Posts
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]get a wii.Gzus666

*nods head*

from what i hear, sometimes when the disc drives start going out, they make loud noises, and then kill over

From what I hear everything that uses a disc drive gets that, when its a problem with the disc drive. Hard drives in computers do the same thing.

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Verge_6
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

Gzus666

So why should we care about HIS? :P

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]get a wii.Hippostrike

*nods head*

From what I hear everything that uses a disc drive gets that, when its a problem with the disc drive. Hard drives in computers do the same thing.

you are correct, but i was referring to what is commonly said as the problem, the drive, cause they always say it scratches their disc. it seems to happen more often from what people say, i dont own every 360 that has ever broke, so i cant say for sure, thats why i said from what i hear. jesus, some people

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

Verge_6

Thank You. You beat me to it....

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ninjaxams

itsallgood29

Sounds like its your fault. I have 3 of them and not one has even had a single problem.

I keep it in an open area and don't play it for more than 2hrs at a time. the power brick is not on carpet, and I don't use an intercooler ect ect ect. not my fault in anyway, they just make garbage.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

Magical_Zebra

when did i say you had to? youre in his topic, not the other way around.

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]get a wii.Gzus666

*nods head*

I "heard" that pigs taste like apple pie. :shock:

books83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 books83
Member since 2005 • 3733 Posts
I count my blessings everday that I'm still on my first 360 after a year and half of owning it.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Magical_Zebra

Gzus666

Sorry sir. This "topic" doesnt belong to him. It belongs to CNET. Last time I checked, he was a member just like me... :shock:

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ninjaxams

Magical_Zebra

lol, well I used to say the same thing untill 3 weeks ago. thats when my launch system died on me. I guess I should be happy it lasted that long honostly.

[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

Gzus666

well my launch system died 3 weeks ago. I guess I should be happy it lasted that long honostly. this new one isn't worth 2 ***** though.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]get a wii.Magical_Zebra

*nods head*

you could taste the pig for cheap, and dispel that, i cant buy every broke 360 on the planet to check the problem smartass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
[QUOTE="Gzus666"]

Magical_Zebra

Sorry sir. This "topic" doesnt belong to him. It belongs to CNET. Last time I checked, he was a member just like me... :shock:

Actually, it all belongs to me. :shock:

Bow to me, peons! Send me your virgins, your pittances, and your dough. Especially the dough. I need to bake a cake.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"]

Magical_Zebra

he wrote it, so the thought itself belongs to him. you dont have to click it, if you dont want to read about his broke 360, dont click it. its almost like they arent forcing you to do anything

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Magical_Zebra

well my launch system died 3 weeks ago. I guess I should be happy it lasted that long honostly. this new one isn't worth 2 ***** though.
ninjaxams

Oh dont get me wrong. Im not against you and if your system did die Im sorry to hear that. My "debate" is with that "Gzus" fella.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ninjaxams
[QUOTE="Verge_6"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"]

Magical_Zebra

well the point here is not to so much care about "my console" but for everyone with a 360 to be offended by MSs crap business practices. the failure rate is well above the 5% mark, you would have to be an idiot to think otherwise.
Natural_Mystic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Natural_Mystic
Member since 2003 • 4117 Posts
True, it's a sad fact that you have to pay $600 for a reliable current gen console and an additional $400+ games for somthing to play while you wait for something decent to come out on the PS3.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ninjaxams

[QUOTE="ninjaxams"]Magical_Zebra

Oh dont get me wrong. Im not against you and if your system did die Im sorry to hear that. My "debate" is with that "Gzus" fella.

no, its all good ;)
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

*nods head*

Gzus666

you could taste the pig for cheap, and dispel that, i cant buy every broke 360 on the planet to check the problem smartass

Flaming FTW!! Well in the future, dont try to pass off as if your somebody qualified to troubleshoot someones hardware. Especially going off of "hearsay".

Gzus666

If you owned a 360 and took a step further to read the instructions, it clearly states not TO MOVE the console while the disc is inserted. Im not saying he moved it, but from what you "heard" that 360 is getting ready to die. :shock:

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Magical_Zebra
[QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="Gzus666"]

Gzus666

he wrote it, so the thought itself belongs to him. you dont have to click it, if you dont want to read about his broke 360, dont click it. its almost like they arent forcing you to do anything

Ever thought about taking your own advice? :shock:

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="kittykatz5k"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]get a wii.Magical_Zebra

*nods head*

Flaming FTW!! Well in the future, dont try to pass off as if your somebody qualified to troubleshoot someones hardware. Especially going off of "hearsay".

Gzus666

If you owned a 360 and took a step further to read the instructions, it clearly states not TO MOVE the console while the disc is inserted. Im not saying he moved it, but from what you "heard" that 360 is getting ready to die. :shock:

from what i wrote, i never stated i was a "qualified troubleshooter" of the 360, i merely said most people get disc errors when it starts making noise, and you are being a smartass, that is hardly flaming, thats just like saying youre being overly sarcastic for no reason.

and while it says not to move it while running, anyone who does that has to be rather dumb. i dont grab my computer while its reading a disc and shake it around or move it places, thats just common sense. most of the drive errors i hear about are while people are playing a game, and it starts making noise, then they find their disc is scratched. i didnt proclaim is was gospel, i merely said it was what people say.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gzus666
[QUOTE="Gzus666"][QUOTE="Magical_Zebra"][QUOTE="Gzus666"]

Magical_Zebra

Ever thought about taking your own advice? :shock:

i didnt complain about what you wrote, cause i dont care, i will gladly read whatever. just find it hilarious when someones things break, other people rub in that theirs runs. "my car broke down" "well, my car runs just fine" not really a valid point in any way, just basically rubbing something in someones face.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
get a wii.CaseyWegner
Yeah it's inexpensive and doesn't die. Yes it's lineup of games is pretty good even though some people act like 2 games are good and the rest are trash.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Magical_Zebra

from what i wrote, i never stated i was a "qualified troubleshooter" of the 360, i merely said most people get disc errors when it starts making noise,Gzus666

So your stating this as fact? Do you have a link? Or we going by what people say on GS? :shock:

and you are being a smartass, that is hardly flaming, thats just like saying youre being overly sarcastic for no reason.Gzus666

Smartass? No, merely pointing you in the direction of the error of your ways.

and while it says not to move it while running, anyone who does that has to be rather dumb.Gzus666

You would be surprised.

i dont grab my computer while its reading a disc and shake it around or move it places, thats just common sense. most of the drive errors i hear about are while people are playing a game, and it starts making noise, then they find their disc is scratched. i didnt proclaim is was gospel, i merely said it was what people say.

Gzus666

People "say" if you drive to fast you can go to jail. Can you?

People "say" you can fall out of a plane at 15k feet and survive.

People "say" they are on their 212th 360.

People "say" you can hold your breath for 45 mins and survive.

Is any of this true? Who knows.... :shock:

Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Magical_Zebra

i didnt complain about what you wrote, cause i dont care, i will gladly read whatever. just find it hilarious when someones things break, other people rub in that theirs runs. "my car broke down" "well, my car runs just fine" not really a valid point in any way, just basically rubbing something in someones face.Gzus666

I didnt rub a damn thing is his face. He said his 360 just died, I said mine is a launch system that I abuse on a regular basis. You jumped in as "Captain_Save_A_Member" and here we are. For every person that has an electronic that breaks, you find several people who have no problems. Whats the point of posting "my 360 just died?" Almost the same relevance of posting "my 360 still works." :shock:

Hir0_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hir0_N
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

itsallgood29

Why did you buy 3? :| What a waste of money.

Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gzus666

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]from what i wrote, i never stated i was a "qualified troubleshooter" of the 360, i merely said most people get disc errors when it starts making noise,Magical_Zebra

So your stating this as fact? Do you have a link? Or we going by what people say on GS? :shock:

going by what people say on random sites, including this, and what i have heard from people who own one, and actually have problems

and you are being a smartass, that is hardly flaming, thats just like saying youre being overly sarcastic for no reason.Gzus666

Smartass? No, merely pointing you in the direction of the error of your ways.

and while it says not to move it while running, anyone who does that has to be rather dumb.Gzus666

You would be surprised.

i dont grab my computer while its reading a disc and shake it around or move it places, thats just common sense. most of the drive errors i hear about are while people are playing a game, and it starts making noise, then they find their disc is scratched. i didnt proclaim is was gospel, i merely said it was what people say.

Gzus666

People "say" if you drive to fast you can go to jail. Can you? Yes, thats a law, and its happened to people i know, and many others in the past

People "say" you can fall out of a plane at 15k feet and survive. Its possible, just not plausible

People "say" they are on their 212th 360. Have yet to hear that, but i get what youre hinting at, and some people have gone through a few, i know a kid who has been through a few, and he treats them very well.

People "say" you can hold your breath for 45 mins and survive. Never heard anyone say this, and unless i see otherwise, no its not possible.

Is any of this true? Who knows.... :shock:

wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

I would bet you if this guy took a picture of where he keeps his 360 it will be in a tight VCR-esque spot where there is no ventilation.

Avatar image for PoliticalTheory
PoliticalTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 PoliticalTheory
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The PS3 is a great system. It's quiet and doesn't over heat. Thats not to say the 360 is loud because I have one as well but the PS3 is noticeably less noisy (but that really doesn't matter if your playing Gears with the volume turned up).

I agree with you that we as consumers should demand greater quality of ANY product we purchase wether its the PS3, xbox 360 or Wii.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
Get a PC...at least you get Crysis and the Witcher *drools and a lot of game son the 360 are also on the PC.
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ninjaxams

[QUOTE="Gzus666"]i didnt complain about what you wrote, cause i dont care, i will gladly read whatever. just find it hilarious when someones things break, other people rub in that theirs runs. "my car broke down" "well, my car runs just fine" not really a valid point in any way, just basically rubbing something in someones face.Magical_Zebra

I didnt rub a damn thing is his face. He said his 360 just died, I said mine is a launch system that I abuse on a regular basis. You jumped in as "Captain_Save_A_Member" and here we are. For every person that has an electronic that breaks, you find several people who have no problems. Whats the point of posting "my 360 just died?" Almost the same relevance of posting "my 360 still works." :shock:

I'm thinking that theres maybe 5 ppl in the world that haven't had problems with their 360s ;)
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ninjaxams

I would bet you if this guy took a picture of where he keeps his 360 it will be in a tight VCR-esque spot where there is no ventilation.

wmc540
even if I did keep it in such a spot, if thats all it takes for one of these things to crap out, well, thats pathetic. there is zero excuse for them to produce such delicate hardware. don't spin the blame on me because you think I'm not familar with the problems these things have. besides, putting it into an entertainment center would come natural to 95% of ppl who own them, no one would really think it would be a problem.
Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts

get a wii.CaseyWegner

Don't get a Wii.

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
warrenty much?
ktrotter11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ktrotter11
Member since 2006 • 1140 Posts

Magical_Zebra

And my PS3 has stayed on for weeks time before when i was in my dorm at school. Whipee