So Is Activision no longer worst Gaming company?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Hello friends,

During Last generation, I remember many peoples hated activision. call it worst gaming company due to heavily COD popularity. and many even praising EA for having battlefield and mass effects.

now a coin is flip. nobody talk about activision or COD and many start loving them because of blizzard.

and in my opinion 2 of worst companies today are EA and Ubisoft.

Ubisoft for only focusing on yearly iteration of assassins creed along with some MP titles or destiny clone in third person ie the devision. they were not even bad last gen but this gen they hit the bottom. new AC looks worst in series by far because its no longer action game instead RPG with romance system which means combat will be now more bad. not that it had good gameplay but still.

EA for making incomplete games, lootboxes, microtransactions and rehashing BF over and over again putting emphasize on single player which translate into "who cares mode". then theres star wars games which are just they wanted every developer to work on them. EA bought respawn so they can work on star wars.

so friends, Is Activision no longer that bad? i think so. COD is not as bad as Battlefield if you ask me. and activision are also publishing from software game so they will get more respect than EA and ubisoft.

so friends, whats you take on this?

lets discuss

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nope, they are still bad.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

My take is anything Ghost says is wrong, and we are all better for not listening to it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ghosts4ever

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

My take is anything Ghost says is wrong, and we are all better for not listening to it.

if im wrong than what good ubisoft or EA doing?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Can't say I hate a gaming company if it never forced anything on me. So far, not one has forced me to buy their games. They're out to make a buck just like any company. Sometimes, they get it right. Sometimes, they get it wrong.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

EA is the absolute worst currently.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts

Activision hasn't gotten any better, EA just got worse. Ubisoft has lazily made all of their franchises into Assassin's Creed 2 clones, and bungles their PC ports, but is still a long way above the other two.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#9  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10589 Posts

I think Ubisoft are alright now. Mario & Rabbids XCOM was one of the most pleasant surprises of last year's E3. They stuck by Rainbow Six Siege and turned it into a decent game. General responses to Assassin's Creed Origins and Far Cry 5 were also decent. Uplay is a still horrible, but I did say they're alright, not saintly.

Activision charge insane prices for DLCs and engage in other shady greedy bullshit, but otherwise they're just bland; doing the same thing every year over and over again. Plus they still have the Blizzard side of things to prop them up, who I still have some inkling of respect.

EA cancelled Command & Conquer: Generals 2 and replaced it with a mobile game. F*** EA.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Activision is still bad (looking at you Destiny) but not the worst then EA is.

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

I'm okay with Ghost :)

I do however have a problem when he feels the need to bashes Anime and I won't stand for any of it!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Does it really matter. Companies can be equally as shitty or great as each other.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@davillain- said:

Activision is still bad (looking at you Destiny) but not the worst then EA is.

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

I'm okay with Ghost :)

I do however have a problem when he feels the need to bashes Anime and I won't stand for any of it!!!

I dont hate people who watch animes. but i just cant stand girlish animu stuff.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It's a race to the bottom between EA and Activision and has been for a long time. Activision I think was way worse last gen, but EA has closed the gap this gen. The fact that From is doing a game with Activision is somewhat interesting to me. EA had a few of those type projects last gen that kept them above Activision. We'll see how this project works out.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

They gave us Crash again, so I'm cool with whatever other crap they pull.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

I dont hate people who watch animes. but i just cant stand girlish animu stuff.

Fair enough.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

EA has been the worst company for awhile now. Activision is still a bad company though.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#17 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Hello friends,

During Last generation, I remember many peoples hated activision. call it worst gaming company due to heavily COD popularity. and many even praising EA for having battlefield and mass effects.

now a coin is flip. nobody talk about activision or COD and many start loving them because of blizzard.

and in my opinion 2 of worst companies today are EA and Ubisoft.

Ubisoft for only focusing on yearly iteration of assassins creed along with some MP titles or destiny clone in third person ie the devision. they were not even bad last gen but this gen they hit the bottom. new AC looks worst in series by far because its no longer action game instead RPG with romance system which means combat will be now more bad. not that it had good gameplay but still.

EA for making incomplete games, lootboxes, microtransactions and rehashing BF over and over again putting emphasize on single player which translate into "who cares mode". then theres star wars games which are just they wanted every developer to work on them. EA bought respawn so they can work on star wars.

so friends, Is Activision no longer that bad? i think so. COD is not as bad as Battlefield if you ask me. and activision are also publishing from software game so they will get more respect than EA and ubisoft.

so friends, whats you take on this?

lets discuss

Hmm, I am sure you mean Blizzard-Activision

And considering their only game is COD, I have no idea who would see them as bad? they are not present enough to be relevant.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

EA is worse.

Activation has Blizzard propping them up so they are no longer worst. Although Destiny 1 and 2 were extremely bad cash grabs that run like dog shit on even X1X and PRO, so that almost put Activision at worst again.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Well Activision at least has Blizzard so id ssy in order from the worst to bad its

1. EA

2. Activision

3. Ubisoft

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

They're still fuckers. And the next COD is going to use their fucking microtransaction matchmaking patents too.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I don't think Activision is more hated than any other company, regarding COD I think proportionality is a factor. Say if 10% of gamers if any game or series hate it with a passion, well, if a game sells like 20 million copies then there will be 2 million haters out there who bought the game, and most games out there here would be lucky just to sell 2 million, hence the pool of haters speaking bad about the game will be greater than the entire pool of players for about most other games out there, it just appears it is widely hated.

That being said, I hate the COD series. But I came to terms with that years ago. I don't waste much effort making a big deal about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bcbf3be5b2d9
deactivated-5bcbf3be5b2d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5bcbf3be5b2d9
Member since 2018 • 16 Posts

They're still in the worst of the worst section with EA, Blizzard(which is still Activision), Ubisoft.

Edit: All of these companies put out something kinda worthwhile or decent every once in a while, but their sins and overall shit outweighs their positives, at least in my opinion and in my eyes.

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

I personally love Ubisoft and their conference, along with Microsoft's were the most exciting for me. Microsoft's was exciting because I'm a PC gamer but have the Xbox Game Pass and am looking forward to playing their future games on my PC. Ubisoft's show for the games that are on PC as well looked great, plus I've really enjoyed their games for years now. I'll admit they were in a bad place a few years ago but IMO they've made a huge comeback.

On a side note, really looking forward to break into console gaming with a PS4 this year so I can get my Xbox games on PC and have the Sony exclusives that interest me. As for the Activision being bad thing, I think they've done some harm to Blizzard, but nothing too bad. Depending on how Blops 4 is and how they handle the Destiny 2 expansion this fall will determine if they're still shit in my eyes. I like Destiny 2 a lot and Forsaken looks to add a lot to the table.

EA is pretty meh, I'll admit that but they did do one good thing this e3, and that's Madden 19 on PC. Once I get that PS4 I'll have all my sports games. NBA 2k and Madden on PC, and MLB The Show on PS4.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Still EA for me.

Ubisoft has other games that I find interesting like Starlink, Mario+Rabbids, and Beyond Good and Evil 2. TC failed to mention those.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#25 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Well, they're funding Sekiro wich looks awesome so they have won some points somewhere in there...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

CRAPtivision are the worst by far, they bought and destroyed Bizarre Creations, but Playground Games has risen from those ashes and created the best racing games this gen and dare I say it the best racing series of all time.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

No, MS is now the worst gaming company according to lems ?

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

Activision can get really bad, but they aren't on the same level of bad as EA.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#29 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58953 Posts

The usual suspects.

I think that extended "CnC" showing for a "modern generation", after dungeon keeper, knowing full well how actual fans would feel about it, typifies just how much respect they have for the consumers intelligence.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Nintendo is easily the worst the past 15 years.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

@stuff238 said:

Nintendo is easily the worst the past 15 years.

From anti-Nintendo nutjobs, not ordinary gamers.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

@judaspete said:

Activision hasn't gotten any better, EA just got worse. Ubisoft has lazily made all of their franchises into Assassin's Creed 2 clones, and bungles their PC ports, but is still a long way above the other two.

This.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#34 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69470 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Oh we can take what he says reverse it and we will get the correct version. Its just like the president of my country.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#35 CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

No idea why Ubisoft would be included in this mess. They have attempted multiple new IPs this gen (The Division, For Honour, Child of Light, Valiant Hearts, Skull and Bones, Watch Dogs). They recognized that the Unity/Syndicate approach to Assassins was stale and retooled the franchise.

Ubisoft also managed to breathe life into the Rainbow Six series in a way that probably no one thought was possible. They have attempted to support VR, are working with Nintendo, bringing out another new IP (that toy one that I don't necessarily care for). I have no idea how Ubisoft can be viewed as worse than Activision based on what they have accomplished, all while fighting off an aggressive acquisition by Vivendi.

Activision lives off of two IP's right now - Destiny and COD. The irrelevance of both franchises on PC has forced them to push the IP's onto Battlenet. Both series still have microtransactions, season passes, and heavily split the community. Both EA and Ubisoft are dropping season passes in their newest games over the next year (Anthem, Division 2, Battlefield 5). Blizzard is really the only positive point about the organization. Even then, I'm convinced that Activision just lets them do whatever they want.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

I don't like activation because of they don't pay there devs and been sued multiple times.
I don't like EA because they are greedy and destroy games
I like Ubisoft they make decent games don't destroy them and even though assassins creed has pretty much come out yearly there's still a huge player base otherwise they wouldn't make them and there semi decent games. Plus they have been making decent IP's and taking good risk.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8284346a788
deactivated-5b8284346a788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37 deactivated-5b8284346a788
Member since 2018 • 295 Posts

@scatteh316 lol ur blind hate is sad.

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

I'd put EA at the top of the list based on 2017. Everyone talks about BF2, but they did the same thing with a single player game in NFS. EA access seems like a pretty good deal- so I will give them credit for that.

Activision - I honestly don't pay that much attention to these days, so I can't comment on them.

I don't think Ubisoft should be lumped in with the other 2, but again I'm not quite as informed as other peeps here.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Are you taking into account the Blizzard part of Activision-Blizzard? Or just Activision?

Either way my answer is "no", it's just a "hell no" if it includes the Blizzard part of the company.

Destiny and CoD are not bad games, they're just not great or even good. Destiny 2 has got to be one of the most boring games I've ever played, but it is still a quality product in most other ways. I would be hard-pressed to find a lot of objectively wrong things about it; it's pretty much all subjective. Ditto for CoD.

I think Crytek is pretty terrible, even if they made one of my all-time favorite games. They sue for profit (not for legitimate reasons), they don't pay their workers, and after Crysis they thought they could put on their big-boy pants and go multiplat and make a shitload of different games and make a bunch of smaller companies. BOooooo Crytek. BooooO!

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#40 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9729 Posts

EA is the worst gaming company. Activision is still bad though.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Isn't there some kerfuffle over the season of the new COD? I mean, companies like EA and Activision are constantly doing bad things. Bad for you, bad for the industry. Even if we would rank them, the advise would be the same. Avoid these companies until they better themselves.

And the only reason Take Two isn't part of the most-hated group is because we were looking the other way while they infested GTA online. We'll see with RDR2. They have not learned anything yet. Konami is another good candidate for worst company. To me they are all past a certain point. Exactly how evil they are doesn't matter much anymore.

Luckily there's also lots of good companies that I can enjoy. And BF V sounds like it may be a turn around for EA? Can hardly believe that. But if that's the case I will wholeheartedly welcome them back to reality.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I haven’t seen anyone praise EA in a long time.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Didn't EA "win" the worst company like several years in a row? I hate the practices of Activision, but EA is...just terrible.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

You're a terrible poster and should be banned, sniper.