So I'm playing Shivering Isles for my 360...

• 148 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
*tut* *tut*
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?AfterShafter
I dunno. How are you enjoying your graphically inferior, longer loading time version? Each version has its merits. Thanks for bringing up an old and beaten-to-death argument. Dismissed.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?asmallchild
I dunno. How are you enjoying your graphically inferior, longer loading time version? Each version has its merits. Thanks for bringing up an old and beaten-to-death argument. Dismissed.

Pardon? What are you talking about?
Nteks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nteks
Member since 2007 • 673 Posts
... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?AfterShafter
I play it on my Xbox 360 while my PS3 is curing cancer. I have both Wii Wii.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="Nteks"] I play it on my Xbox 360 while my PS3 is curing cancer. I have both Wii Wii.

Well at least your $600 purchase is pulling its weight.
metalmonkey268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 metalmonkey268
Member since 2004 • 480 Posts

Oblivion just came out for the PS3.

How could they even be anywhere close to needing an expansion a week after they all got it?

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
[QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?AfterShafter

Read the review here on GameSpot. The PS3 version has better graphics, as well as better framerates, and faster load times. But wait : I'll save you the typical response : "Well, they had an extra year to work on it! Of course the PS3 version will be better!"
XxTRIFORCExX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XxTRIFORCExX
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?asmallchild

Of course it's going to have better textures and load times; Betheseda have had a whole year to polish it up. But Shivering Isles should have been with PS3 Oblivion, especially since the PS3 uses Blu-Ray. If they wanted to charge for it they should have at least put it up for download. Shivering Isles really does show the game in a whole new way, it's an extremely worthwhile expansion.
EDIT: To the person above me: Would you really expect them NOT to improve the graphics? I'm 200% confident that the 360 can handle the PS3 Oblivion easily. It has nothing to do with inferior hardware.

Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Resident_Fan_
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts

sorry but Shivering Isles looks better than oblivion on the ps3
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dhjohns
Member since 2003 • 5105 Posts
Uncalled for bodyblow; PS3 owners could come back and say we are enjoying Oblivion with the improved graphics and less loadin times, hows yours?
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?flazzle

Read the review here on GameSpot. The PS3 version has better graphics, as well as better framerates, and faster load times. But wait : I'll save you the typical response : "Well, they had an extra year to work on it! Of course the PS3 version will be better!"

I know that... A year work for a marginal improvement, and the console only costs $200 more, with me having already beaten its only AAA game a year ago on a cheaper console.. But what I was asking about was the "beaten to death argument"? What is it?
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 asmallchild
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?dhjohns
Uncalled for bodyblow; PS3 owners could come back and say we are enjoying Oblivion with the improved graphics and less loadin times, hows yours?

That was my response :)
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?dhjohns

Can't even remember - I beat it a year ago. I'm asking about Shivering Isles - are the load times and better graphics working out for them there?
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

SHivering Isles is superior to regular Oblivion on both 360 and PS3.
dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

Crap i need to go get that today, cant wait!

dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dhjohns
[QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?turgore

SHivering Isles is superior to regular Oblivion on both 360 and PS3.

That is what I heard but IGN gove it an 8.3 I think. I can;t wait to dl it tonight.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 asmallchild
I'm 200% confident that the 360 can handle the PS3 Oblivion easily.XxTRIFORCExX
According to IGN.com, the patched version of Oblivion on the 360 is still not up to par graphically with that of the version of Oblivion on the PS3.
surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 surferdude17
Member since 2003 • 599 Posts
[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?AfterShafter

I know that... A year work for a marginal improvement, and the console only costs $200 more, with me having already beaten its only AAA game a year ago on a cheaper console.. But what I was asking about was the "beaten to death argument"? What is it?

Why do you care if people spent $600 dollars on the ps3. It is not affecting you in anyway, so why? This topic fails, and so do you.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="surferdude17"] Why do you care if people spent $600 dollars on the ps3. It is not affecting you in anyway, so why? This topics fails, and so do you.

New to System Wars, eh?
Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Resident_Fan_
[QUOTE="XxTRIFORCExX"] I'm 200% confident that the 360 can handle the PS3 Oblivion easily.asmallchild
According to IGN.com, the patched version of Oblivion on the 360 is still not up to par graphically with that of the version of Oblivion on the PS3.

Shivering Isles still looks better than the ps3 version.
dhjohns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dhjohns
[QUOTE="XxTRIFORCExX"] I'm 200% confident that the 360 can handle the PS3 Oblivion easily.asmallchild

While that maybe true (have both systems but don't feel like buying Oblivion for a comparison), I do think the PS3 version of Oblivion could be done on the 360. I think the PS3 benefited from more time in dev. I maybe wrong, I think future games will have the bigger differances.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 asmallchild
Why do you care if people spent $600 dollars on the ps3. It is not affecting you in anyway, so why? This topics fails, and so do you. surferdude17
I'll tell you why. It's because he doesn't have $600 for the PS3. So the best way to make yourself feel better about that is to bash the system you cannot attain. That basic philosophy is why Systems War exists.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="asmallchild"] I'll tell you why. It's because he doesn't have $600 for the PS3. So the best way to make yourself feel better about that is to bash the system you cannot attain. That basic philosophy is why Systems War exists.

Actually, the PS3 is cheap compared to the 360. Just look at all the money you'll save on account of it having almost no good games... 360 is such a drag, constantly having to buy new ones.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
[QUOTE="surferdude17"]Why do you care if people spent $600 dollars on the ps3. It is not affecting you in anyway, so why? This topics fails, and so do you. asmallchild
I'll tell you why. It's because he doesn't have $600 for the PS3. So the best way to make yourself feel better about that is to bash the system you cannot attain. That basic philosophy is why Systems War exists.

not necessarily true
surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 surferdude17
No. I like my 360 better than my ps3 right now, but that can change. I bought oblivion on the ps3, and shivering isles on the 360. They are both good. It is as simple as that.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AfterShafter
No. I like my 360 better than my ps3 right now. I bought oblivion on the ps3, and shivering isles on the 360. They are both good. It is as simple as that. surferdude17
Why not play Shivering Isles on your PS3?
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 asmallchild
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="asmallchild"] I'll tell you why. It's because he doesn't have $600 for the PS3. So the best way to make yourself feel better about that is to bash the system you cannot attain. That basic philosophy is why Systems War exists.

Actually, the PS3 is cheap compared to the 360. Just look at all the money you'll save on account of it having almost no good games... 360 is such a drag, constantly having to buy new ones.

Hey, if it makes you feel any better about not being able to get a PS3, knock yourself out. Keep posting. The pain might actually go away.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="asmallchild"] Hey, if it makes you feel any better about not being able to get a PS3, knock yourself out. Keep posting. The pain might actually go away.

I think I'll scrape by somehow. So, why hasn't anyone told me how Shivering Isles is for the PS3?
surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 surferdude17
Maybe because it's not out. That's why I bought it for the 360.
dracolich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dracolich666
Member since 2005 • 4426 Posts

[QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="XxTRIFORCExX"] I'm 200% confident that the 360 can handle the PS3 Oblivion easily.Resident_Fan_

Yup and when is the PS3 finally getting this game?

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AfterShafter
Maybe because it's not out. That's why I bought it for the 360.surferdude17
WHAT? They made you wait a whole bloody year and you can't even get the expansion on it?
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

[QUOTE="surferdude17"]No. I like my 360 better than my ps3 right now. I bought oblivion on the ps3, and shivering isles on the 360. They are both good. It is as simple as that. AfterShafter
Why not play Shivering Isles on your PS3?

Oblivion just came out for the PS3..I dont get it, you guys waited 1 year for an expansion why did you even make this topic?

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

[QUOTE="surferdude17"]Maybe because it's not out. That's why I bought it for the 360.AfterShafter
WHAT? They made you wait a whole bloody year and you can't even get the expansion on it?

PS3 has been out for 5 months...who has waited 1 year?

surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 surferdude17
Knights of the nine is on it. Thats an expansion.
tcc024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tcc024
Member since 2003 • 197 Posts

HEY GUYS LETS MAKE STUPID TOPICS AND ACT IGNORANT WHEN PEOPLE RESPOND!!!!

yea thats pretty cool....

Resident_Fan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Resident_Fan_

[QUOTE="Resident_Fan_"][QUOTE="asmallchild"][QUOTE="XxTRIFORCExX"] I'm 200% confident that the 360 can handle the PS3 Oblivion easily.dracolich666

Yup and when is the PS3 finally getting this game?

If u mean Shivering Isles? Never
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

[QUOTE="surferdude17"]Maybe because it's not out. That's why I bought it for the 360.AfterShafter

PS3 version of oblivion only has knights of the nine added on.  Shivering Isles is only available for PC and 360 right now.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AfterShafter

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"][QUOTE="surferdude17"]Maybe because it's not out. That's why I bought it for the 360.sirk1264

PS3 version of oblivion only has knights of the nine added on.  Shivering Isles is only available for PC and 360 right now.

So when's it coming out? It's great so far.
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
hehehe *runs*
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
what a pointless ****ing topic! Why bother posting in threads like these? Just let it die!
surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 surferdude17
Probably in a few months.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

PS

360 inferior ???

Not in

AA
HDR
lighting
colors
shadows
saturation
DL content
framerates
most textures
town textures especially

so, PS3 .......better ??? Are you dillusional or something ? BTW Shivering Isles looks FAR better than both version, PS3 and 360 by far in textures and visibility

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
The question should be:How will we be enjoying Shivering Isles :wink: ? The answer is with better graphics and faster load times.
Kreean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kreean
Member since 2006 • 683 Posts
If you would enjoy it, you would play it, and not hang around posting in this thread.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 AfterShafter
[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]... how are all of you PS3 Oblivion owners enjoying Shivering Isles?Dualshockin
The question should be:How will we be enjoying Shivering Isles :wink: ? The answer is with better graphics and faster load times.

Oh? What's the release date?
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AfterShafter
If you would enjoy it, you would play it, and not hang around posting in this thread.Kreean
I need a break. Been playing for hours :)
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Dude this topic is so retarded. Yes Oblivion looks better on the PS3. And yes the majority of people who wanted to play Oblivion probably already did before the PS3 version was even announced so I want everyone to just quiet down now.
surferdude17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 surferdude17
Why do you care what the release date is. You have it on 360, so who cares.
AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AfterShafter
Why do you care what the release date is. You have it on 360, so who cares.surferdude17
I'm just curious. You're all saying that the PS3 version of Shivering Isles will be so much better - perhaps I should wait for that? When is it coming out?