So does this mean the 360 looses a exclusive?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts

With Lost Planet going to the PC. Its loosing a exclusive because PC is infact a gaming platform, despite wat some ppl say, and now i dont need a 360 to play it. IMO if a game is shared between a Console and PC its not exclusive, it still is CONSOLE exclusive, but i dont need the console to play it anymore

nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.
beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts

With Lost Planet going to the PC. Its loosing a exclusive because PC is infact a gaming platform, despite wat some ppl say, and now i dont need a 360 to play it. IMO if a game is shared between a Console and PC its not exclusive, it still is CONSOLE exclusive, but i dont need the console to play it anymore

GsSanAndreas

thats good.... but you still need the console to play the rest of the games.

all i see when i see pc is microsoft and when i play 360 microsoft lol.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.nickmag
doesn't help the PS3 or Wii, unless your a Hermit.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts
just like the original Xbox, X360 does not have any exclusive, most of its "exclusives" are also on PC. and yes X360 just lost an exclusive. crap game by the way, I payed it at my friend's, great graphics and cool bosses but crap controls and dull action.
xxThyLordxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxThyLordxx
Member since 2007 • 3200 Posts

[QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.Danthegamingman

does not help X360 either. 

nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
[QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.Danthegamingman

no it doesn't, but that wasn't the point raised... edit: actually it might help the PS3 and Wii because if a PC gamer decided to get a console they aren't going to buy one if they can get it's games on the PC anyway... GeOW, Halo 3 and Lost Planet to name but three...
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GsSanAndreas
I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.nickmag

lol yep, i dont know how i mistaked OT for SW :?
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Who Cares???? So what if it's not an exclusive anymore. I will still buy it.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
yep its no longer exclusive.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

GsSanAndreas
Why would a PC gamer want it? Those guys have way different standards for shooters and I don't believe a mediocre Japanese designed shooter will cut it with that crowd. Only console guys would put up with multiple levels of shoot, collect glowing orb, fight pattern boss, and repeat until done.
MorisUkunRasik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MorisUkunRasik
Member since 2006 • 1511 Posts
no it means they LOSE an exclusive
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.xxThyLordxx

M$ owns PC  gaming also . 

UC_BANDIT009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 UC_BANDIT009
Member since 2007 • 81 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.turgore

M$ owns PC gaming also .

Microsoft and google will own everything.:P 

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts
Is it the same game on more than one platform? Then its not exclusive. Doesnt matter the 2nd platform.
reyad-u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 reyad-u
Member since 2006 • 6960 Posts
[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.turgore

M$ owns PC  gaming also . 

but that doesnt stop the CONSOLE from losing the exclusivity does it?

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 -KinGz-
Member since 2006 • 5232 Posts

GsSanAndreas

U can't play it on ps3 /thread.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.xxThyLordxx

It certainly doesn't hurt them. It's isn't like DMC going to the 360 and the PC.
-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -KinGz-

just like the original Xbox, X360 does not have any exclusive, most of its "exclusives" are also on PC. and yes X360 just lost an exclusive. crap game by the way, I payed it at my friend's, great graphics and cool bosses but crap controls and dull action.xxThyLordxx

This guy makes me laugh, 1st u can't play it on ps3, 2nd, even if games are on pc, can u play them on ur ps3? NO, 3rd, u'venever played lost planet, get outta, here blind fanboy, 4th u = pwned. 

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

*Starts Petition to Boycott Capcom*

:P 

GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GsSanAndreas
[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"]

-KinGz-

I dont need a 360 to play it  /thread
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GsSanAndreas

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]just like the original Xbox, X360 does not have any exclusive, most of its "exclusives" are also on PC. and yes X360 just lost an exclusive. crap game by the way, I payed it at my friend's, great graphics and cool bosses but crap controls and dull action.-KinGz-

This guy makes me laugh, 1st u can't play it on ps3, 2nd, even if games are on pc, can u play them on ur ps3? NO, 3rd, u'venever played lost planet, get outta, here blind fanboy, 4th u = pwned. 

Lol this guy is so funny. 

1st. It doesnt matter if you want play it on the ps3, i can play it on the PC, and i dont need a 360 to play it
2nd.   Again you think its ownag that we dont have it on the ps3, yet i dont need a 360 or PS3 to play it
3rd. I have played it, its a decent game and i might pick it up for PC, not 360
4th  You = pwned
mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

Why would a PC gamer want it? Those guys have way different standards for shooters and I don't believe a mediocre Japanese designed shooter will cut it with that crowd. Only console guys would put up with multiple levels of shoot, collect glowing orb, fight pattern boss, and repeat until done.Riverwolf007

Bingo. 

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]just like the original Xbox, X360 does not have any exclusive, most of its "exclusives" are also on PC. and yes X360 just lost an exclusive. crap game by the way, I payed it at my friend's, great graphics and cool bosses but crap controls and dull action.GsSanAndreas

1st. It doesnt matter if you want play it on the ps3, i can play it on the PC, and i dont need a 360 to play it
2nd.   Again you think its ownag that we dont have it on the ps3, yet i dont need a 360 or PS3 to play it
4th  You = pwned

YOU can play it on a PC. Too bad you aren't everyone. The good thing about the 360 version is that

1. It was designed for the 360 and Capcom hasn't done a PC conversion that's worth playing yet.

2. On the 360 it's a consistant experience. everyone that has a 360 can play Lost Planet and it's exactly the same. Good luck with that on a PC.

I'm not bashing the PC at all.. I love games that were developed for the PC, playing console games on a PC is pure and utter crap. I'd rather play Lost Planet on a 360 anyday over a PC port.

The_SandRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_SandRock
Member since 2004 • 1946 Posts

With Lost Planet going to the PC, the 360 is losing an exclusive because PC is in fact a gaming platform, despite what some people say, and now I don't need a 360 to play it. IMO if a game is shared between a console and PC, it's not exclusive, it is still a CONSOLE exclusive, but I do not need the console to play it anymore.

GsSanAndreas

Fixed.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

Why would a PC gamer want it? Those guys have way different standards for shooters and I don't believe a mediocre Japanese designed shooter will cut it with that crowd. Only console guys would put up with multiple levels of shoot, collect glowing orb, fight pattern boss, and repeat until done.mismajor99

Bingo. 

I'm always a little cautious when critisizing LP the thing sold at least a million or so units so I realize I'm in the minority when griping about it.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
Not an Exclusive.  End of story.
lazerluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 lazerluke
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts
MS exclusive.
squirrel337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 squirrel337
Member since 2007 • 1002 Posts

I know it's cheaper  to get a 360 then a gaming PC.

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

GsSanAndreas
You may have to upgrade your PC to play it.
Consoletant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Consoletant
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts

PS 3 exclusive that is going to the XBox 360 is worst than an XBox 360 exclusive going to the PC and NOT PS 3.

DMC hurt didn't it cows.

I don't see any petitions asking to boycott Capcom from the Lemmings. 

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
yes it does but does it hurt micrsoft no they win no matter which system you buy it for
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
360 has also lost gears of war to the PC
xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

just like the original Xbox, X360 does not have any exclusive, most of its "exclusives" are also on PC. and yes X360 just lost an exclusive. crap game by the way, I payed it at my friend's, great graphics and cool bosses but crap controls and dull action.xxThyLordxx

Most of the 360's exclusives are not on the PC do your homework before you write garbage like that in here! 

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

GsSanAndreas

PC is a gaming platform, but it's not a game console. PC + XBox 360 = M$.

The game is still console exclusive when you are comparing  game consoles (Wii, PS3 & XBox 360).

It PC system exclusive when you're compare sustems (PC, Mac, Linux, Unix, etc..)

ronniemoisture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ronniemoisture
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts
..........and how many "exclusives" has the PS3 lost?
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 blackace

Doesn't hurt XBox 360 either because no one cares that it's on the PC except Capcom. Console gamers don't care about their games going to the PC because it doesn't effect them at all. The game will always sell more copies on the consoles. ;)

Fr3357YL3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Fr3357YL3
Member since 2006 • 646 Posts
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"]

[QUOTE="xxThyLordxx"]just like the original Xbox, X360 does not have any exclusive, most of its "exclusives" are also on PC. and yes X360 just lost an exclusive. crap game by the way, I payed it at my friend's, great graphics and cool bosses but crap controls and dull action.GsSanAndreas

2nd. Again you think its ownag that we dont have it on the ps3, yet i dont need a 360 or PS3 to play it
4th You = pwned

Cow hiding behind the PC? Gee, never seen this before...:roll:

-KinGz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -KinGz-
[QUOTE="-KinGz-"][QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"]

GsSanAndreas

I dont need a 360 to play it /thread

I don't need a pc to play it and PS3 can't /thread.

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts

There have been two (1, 2 ) 200+ post threads about this in the past and in both we've gotten to the conclusion that if a game is on the PS and 360 its NOT exclusive.

Exclusive = 1

PC + 360 = 2

1 =/= 2

PC/360 game = NOT exclusive.

Console exclusive is just a load of BS that lems like to use a some kind of ownage on PS3/Wii owners. If you want to say 360/Console exclusive I could say its PC exclusive or a game on PS3/360 Bluray/Tilt/Cell exclusive or on the Wii, Wiimote exclusive or w/e. 

And for people that say that if its on the PC and 360 its MS exclusive, its not unless you want to say  its also AMD/ATI/NVIDIA/Logitech/Intel exclusive too since MS only makes the OS, not the rest of the comp.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 blackace

360 has also lost gears of war to the PCDahaka-UK

By the time Gears of War and Lost Planet comes to the PC, XBox 360 owners will be playing GoW2 & Lost Planet 2. So, no it doesn't hurt XBox 360 owner and no one really care if these games go to the PC. The game is timed & M$ exclusive on the XBox 360. Nuff said.

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
MS still gets the profits.
Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts

MS still gets the profits.redstormrisen

MS don't get anything when a game goes to the PC. They don't make th PC, they make the OS. The only time they make money on PC games is when they make them. 

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I rather not get into the term of "console exclusive" because if we do that, that will mean that "handheld exclusive," "wii-remote exclusive," "Blue-Ray exclusive," "*Insert compnay name* exclusive," "generation exclusive," "time exclusive," "content exclusive," among other PR terms used for illusion of "exclusive" will need count as well and needless to say - it has, can and will complicate things more than they should be.

And with that being said, for my liking, I am in favor of keeping things simple and saying that, to be simple, not exclusive if it is on anything more than one platform, regardless of what it is - and yes - in my mind, that includes something as obsercure as the Moblie Phone.

Granted, one could make debate on why they feel whether or not it "matters" if it is on different platform, however, regardless - that does not change fact it is indeed on different (second - as in - more than one) platform.

Lazy_not_fat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Lazy_not_fat
Member since 2007 • 240 Posts
[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.nickmag

no it doesn't, but that wasn't the point raised... edit: actually it might help the PS3 and Wii because if a PC gamer decided to get a console they aren't going to buy one if they can get it's games on the PC anyway... GeOW, Halo 3 and Lost Planet to name but three...

please tell me where i can purchase gears and halo 3 for my PC
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Well....since both platforms are owned by Microsoft....hmmm....it's like TP on the Wii and GC...
ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

I still will be playing it on my 360.. especially with my Lost Planet Groups..

-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts

[QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.nickmag

Well should Halo 3 come to PC, PC gamers have to wait years.  How long ago did Halo 2 came out in the Xbox?2004? Its 2007 and Halo 2 for PC isnt out yet (or is it?)

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

[QUOTE="nickmag"][QUOTE="Danthegamingman"][QUOTE="nickmag"]I see it made it over from OT. And yep, it's not exclusive anymore.-L-U-I-S-

Well should Halo 3 come to PC, PC gamers have to wait years.  How long ago did Halo 2 came out in the Xbox?2004? Its 2007 and Halo 2 for PC isnt out yet (or is it?)

Release Date: May 8, 2007