So Crysis on consoles look better than on PC?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts

Wow, I thought the PC hadsupposedly better graphics. But take a look at this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-face-off?page=1 console version is better.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
It's better on the consoles..if you like blurry textures and the color blue.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Obvious troll thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Wow, I thought the PC hadsupposedly better graphics. But take a look at this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-face-off?page=1 console version is better.

RickTophen
No
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RickTophen

Obvious troll thread.

Fizzman

You didn't even go to the site.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Blue PEOPLE!!!
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Obvious troll thread.

RickTophen

I dont have to.

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
It's better if you discount the mods and compare the game to a low setting on the PC. Only then.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts
Blue PEOPLE!!!ShadowDeathX
Bloom People!!!!
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RickTophen
[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]

[QUOTE="Fizzman"]

Obvious troll thread.

I dont have to.

Who is trolling now? :P
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

RickTophen

you clearly dont know anything about anything

TrapJak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TrapJak
Member since 2011 • 2933 Posts

I guess if you like th-

Oh, it was already said...

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

I'll give it that the console versions has better lighting at times, but overall it's still goes with the PC. Consoles just aren't powerful enough to run it at the same exact settings as the PC.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]Blue PEOPLE!!!lostrib
Bloom People!!!!

I thought we called them low-res people!!!!

Anyway TC they used low settings for the PC version. Console version doesn't hold a candle to PC.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

The lighting looks pretty good, but the bloom is just ridiculous. I'm also not a huge fan of the blue tint.

Everything else is superior on the PC though.

Avatar image for soiheardyoulike
soiheardyoulike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 soiheardyoulike
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

1/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Better lighting and a couple other effects. Everything else, and overall, better on PC, not even counting mods which make PC crysis laugh at the console version.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

That site siad they had PC on very high even tho it was not. just letting u know that, and even on low PC version still looks better in numerous areas

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
No... please stop with these stupid threads.
Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Is there actually people that seriously think the console version looks better? It looks like crap.

nsctsunomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nsctsunomi
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

RickTophen

Check this link: http://gamingbolt.com/crysis-console-vs-pc-comparison-which-version-looks-better

"PC version is going to smoke the console version due to the RAM advantage and hence we see better draw distance and tremendous amount of vegetation even at 720p on the PC. However, the console versions do not look that shabby and we think it will actually be graphically decent."

http://au.ign.com/videos/2011/10/13/crysis-ps3-vs-360-vs-pc-graphic-comparison

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RickTophen
Please, can you guys read the article and watch the comparaison video before you comment.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23 iamrob7
Member since 2007 • 2138 Posts

Please, can you guys read the article and watch the comparaison video before you comment.RickTophen

Seriously, is this supposed to be a joke? Crysis on the consoles runs in a resolution most PC's were using 10 years ago. Aside from that and the framerate the graphics look terrible compared to the PC.

The clip you sent is of a high brightness, blueish tiny screen comparison. It's a complete joke. Sadly most comparisons are because the videos are not in the same resolution as the PC, i.e. 1080p. However even ignoring the fact that the PC runs the game in far sharper resolution. It is easy to see the difference;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_1mcnH2yQ

Honestly I've seen both and it isn't even close. That's why no one is taking you seriously.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#24 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Joke thread is a joke.

The console version of Crysis looks VERY good, I am impressed with how good they got it to look. With that said though, PC version looks alot better.

RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RickTophen

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]Please, can you guys read the article and watch the comparaison video before you comment.iamrob7

Seriously, is this supposed to be a joke? Crysis on the consoles runs in a resolution most PC's were using 10 years ago. Aside from that and the framerate the graphics look terrible compared to the PC.

The clip you sent is of a high brightness, blueish tiny screen comparison. It's a complete joke. Sadly most comparisons are because the videos are not in the same resolution as the PC, i.e. 1080p. However even ignoring the fact that the PC runs the game in far sharper resolution. It is easy to see the difference;

Honestly I've seen both and it isn't even close. That's why no one is taking you seriously.

Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications." So your word vs his word?

Huh? PC graphics ten years ago were like ...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]Please, can you guys read the article and watch the comparaison video before you comment.RickTophen

Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications." So your word vs his word?

Yes. For a while now Crytek has been known to spout BS or contradict themselves whenever it sutes them.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChubbyGuy40

Crytek president and director Cevat Yerli declared with confidence that "when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications." So your word vs his word?RickTophen

"From an artistic perspective." That's what he said, but that doesn't hold any ground when you overuse bloom and blue to the max.

There's nothing the console versions do better, except maybe rocks. They used low settings on PC to compare.

nsctsunomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nsctsunomi
Member since 2010 • 234 Posts

Please, can you guys read the article and watch the comparaison video before you comment.RickTophen

I did read your 1st post and you have said

"Wow, I thought the PC hadsupposedly better graphics. But take a look at this http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-face-off?page=1 console version is better." - RickTophen

"While much of the texturing quality on consoles mixes assets from the Medium and High quality settings on PC, there are surfaces which have been tweaked for a cleaner, if not technically superior, look while still respecting the imposing RAM restrictions. When compared side-by-side with the best that the PC can offer, however, these limitations on console can show an inevitable disparity." - Face-Off

iano-87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iano-87
Member since 2010 • 685 Posts

So Crysis is still a major talking point on gamespot? Get over it. Crysis on PC looks better than real life, runs faster than the speed of light, and is made up from go-zillions of yet to be discovered 'god particles' (Higgs boson).

iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 iamrob7

[QUOTE="iamrob7"]

[QUOTE="RickTophen"]Please, can you guys read the article and watch the comparaison video before you comment.RickTophen

Huh? PC graphics ten years ago were like ...

You don't have to take my word for it, watch any number of videos, have a look at the screenshots (which will show the resolution difference the videos don't). Ask absolutely anyone who has played both, they will tell you the same. Crytek said that because it is good publicity to sell the game. Basic marketing 101, make the consumer feel special.

As for 10 years ago, I am talking about the resolution...do you understand what resolution is? Consoles struggle to run games in 720p and often they are upscaled to 720p. I was running games in higher resolutions than that 10 years ago. Resolution is how many pixels are on the screen i.e how sharp and clear the image is, no jagged lines etc etc. The idea of running a game in anything like that low of a resolution these days on the PC is a joke. The most popular resolution for gaming on the PC is 1080p, according to the Steam survey. The difference between that and console resolution is vast.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#31 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Huh? PC graphics ten years ago were like

RickTophen

If you would've bothered to read his post, you would see that he said resolution, which is true. Many people were playing at about the same resolutions that consoles play at now 10 years ago.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

RickTophen

saw the video...PC looks better to me.

Avatar image for 19elderscroll86
19elderscroll86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 19elderscroll86
Member since 2011 • 751 Posts

Everyone is blind, it is better than pc crysis WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, not now, and I dont care what you pc fanboys say, it looks fantastic.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
No it does not.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Is there actually people that seriously think the console version looks better? It looks like crap.

Darkslayer16
Well, I would HOPE no one seriously believes that...but I think there are people who try to draw attention just by saying it
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
Better lighting and a couple other effects. Everything else, and overall, better on PC, not even counting mods which make PC crysis laugh at the console version.ferret-gamer
I think it's already laughing on low settings.
iamrob7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 iamrob7

Everyone is blind, it is better than pc crysis WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT, not now, and I dont care what you pc fanboys say, it looks fantastic.

19elderscroll86

It isn't even close to Crysis on the PC when it came out. This seems relevant. Also since when was stating the facts fanboyism? Your delusions seem far more like fanboyism to me. I'll just leave you with this, enjoy.

picture is large, save as and view it that way, this forum has horrible width constraints.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" border="0" alt="Crysis unmodded v Xbox" />

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61511 Posts

19elderscroll86

In a few small ways, yes. The lighting is better, and possibly a few other things. It seems you want to compare this against the game that was released 4 years ago, yet you do not consider the fact that the game runs on an updated engine for the consoles.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Crytek and digital foundry now both konfirm that Crysis looks better on consoles. Any forum goer claiming otherwise is flying in the face of reason and factual evidence.

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Crytek and digital foundry now both konfirm that Crysis looks better on consoles. Any forum goer claiming otherwise is flying in the face of reason and factual evidence.

Pray_to_me

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pray_to_me

Hermits still spamming that bogus comparison based off youtube trailers?

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Hermits still spamming that bogus comparison based off youtube trailers?

Pray_to_me

Youtube trailers cause deforestation?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChubbyGuy40

Pray_to_me

Listen to the greedy corporations, not the facts :roll:

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pray_to_me

Here's a better comparison. Lighting looks alot better in the console version as you can see:

It's ok Crysis PC but you'll always be the graphic king of 2007 in my eyes.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts
I cannot objectively look at ANY comparisons of anything when people have to state they lowered quality of game from the start to match the opposite. From then on.. any comparison is flawed.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

This seems more like a comparison of video sequences rather than actual game screens with a couple of token PC shots. I want actual game screens comparisons.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ChubbyGuy40

Here's a better comparison. Lighting looks alot better in the console version as you can see

Pray_to_me

It's not better. It's REALLY over-exaggerated. That's ok though, because console users love the extreme overuse of bloom to hide their crappy graphic.

Anyone have the picture that shows the horrid low-res textures on the Koreans?

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

I have Crysis on PS3 aswell as PC and I can tell you the PS3 version looks absolutely repulsive. Never in my life have I seen a game so blurry and aliased. How could Crytek release this game for more than a few dollars is beyond me. The game also plays MUCH worse than it looks. Nanosuit 2 wasn't made for anything outside Crysis 2 which was so linear and the framerate makes Dark Souls look good.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#50 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Its better on consoles...

If you discount high, very high and ultra settings. Otherwise, it is not looking better.