So can we now say Kz2 killer and halo 3 killed

• 151 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhenPicklezFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 WhenPicklezFly
Member since 2009 • 914 Posts

When we compare fps should we now be saying Kz2 killer instead of halo 3

mtradr43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mtradr43
Member since 2005 • 5272 Posts
nope, halo 3 has more options for single and mp, and sales were way better. until that is matched on both parts, it isnt dead.
-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

I don't see why. It scored less, sold less, and is played online less.

Anyways, game killers are lame. If people can co-exist (most of the time), why can't games?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
Nothing should try to kill anything.
RM84x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RM84x
Member since 2009 • 1012 Posts

KillZone2 is the best FPS IMO

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

why must one game be dead?

cant have 2 good games in the same genre, is that it?

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

i still havent played nothing better then battle field 2

cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

Not really. It didn't kill halo. Like Traveller said, it sold less and scored less.

But how does one game kill another anyway?

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts

Anyways, game killers are lame. If people can co-exist (most of the time), why can't games?

-Traveller-
Exactly, why can't fanboys have two games co-exist with each other? Sure we all have our own preference but still that doesn't mean the opposing game has to die. I guess it's a fanboy rule nowadays.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
TC in what way did it kill halo 3?
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Neither of those first person shooters are the best of the genre.
vlens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vlens
Member since 2003 • 497 Posts

i think halo:ce is still the king of console FPS's! Since then i never had that awsome feeling, knowing you are playing something special, when playing a FPS.

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

I think if people would stop mentioning Halo 3 that people around here would stop caring about it.

Seriously. There's maybe 3 or 4 people I see per day that mention Halo 3, and if they wouldn't mention it then Halo 3 would not be the topic of conversation around here ever.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

nope, halo 3 has more options for single and mp, and sales were way better. until that is matched on both parts, it isnt dead.mtradr43
Actually sales mean nothing with judging a game. A game selling a lot doesn't mean it is good and a game selling bad doesn't mean it is bad.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]nope, halo 3 has more options for single and mp, and sales were way better. until that is matched on both parts, it isnt dead.TheGreatOutdoor

Actually sales mean nothing with judging a game. A game selling a lot doesn't mean it is good and a game selling bad doesn't mean it is bad.

actually sales mean quite alot when it comes to the quality of a game, people wont purchase in this day and age a truely crap game just like they will purchase a ""truely"" good game, halo 3 outsold, outscored killzone 2 it has a far larger online community and more options. There are all ways certain circumstances but simply put sales can be quite a great impression of a games quality.

TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheGreatOutdoor

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]nope, halo 3 has more options for single and mp, and sales were way better. until that is matched on both parts, it isnt dead.WilliamRLBaker

actually sales mean quite alot when it comes to the quality of a game, people wont purchase in this day and age a truely crap game just like they will purchase a ""truely"" good game, halo 3 outsold, outscored killzone 2 it has a far larger online community and more options. There are all ways certain circumstances but simply put sales can be quite a great impression of a games quality.

"A game selling a lot doesn't mean it is good and a game selling bad doesn't mean it is bad"......What part of that is hard to understand? :?

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]Actually sales mean nothing with judging a game. A game selling a lot doesn't mean it is good and a game selling bad doesn't mean it is bad.

TheGreatOutdoor

"A game selling a lot doesn't mean it is good and a game selling bad doesn't mean it is bad"......What part of that is hard to understand? :?

then I guess halo 1 2 and 3 being good games aren't the reasons they sold loads, I guess every game for the most part something like 90% of them that received good scores 8-10 getting good sales has aboslutely no connection. Infact If a game sucks so much that it gets 1.0 at every site, is basically just a stick figure running over a black line for 5000 screens and he does nothing then that means that game at times sells millions right? Sales mean quite alot when it comes to telling the quality of a game, people more so then ever before have access to the information to tell them a game sucks or is good, so a TRUELY bad game is not going to sell much and a TRUELY good game is going to sell alot, people aren't dumb for the most part they want to play quality.

There are all ways certain circumstances its called life, but the MAJORITY of time what i've said is a simple fact.

rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
So the critics like Halo 3 better even going by this website and Metacritic. Halo 3 has sold far more. More people play Halo 3 even after all this time then KZ2 So pretty much KZ2 got nothing. Just enjoy your KZ2 and stop trying to compare it to a game icon like Halo
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WilliamRLBaker
[QUOTE="rybe1025"]So the critics like Halo 3 better even going by this website and Metacritic. Halo 3 has sold far more. More people play Halo 3 even after all this time then KZ2 So pretty much KZ2 got nothing. Just enjoy your KZ2 and stop trying to compare it to a game icon like Halo

they cant help it though killzone 2 isn't competing againest halo 3 its competing againest halo 1 hence Killzone 2 war perfected and halo combat evolved...
gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Halo is the more successful franchise, score wise and sales wise and also community wise compared to Killzone 2.

StreetRacer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StreetRacer91
Member since 2003 • 622 Posts

Come on seriously now? There's no way that Killzone killed Halo. Halo is one of the most polished FPSs ever and the multiplayer is unmatched.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
No, seeing as the majority opinion seems to be that it failed to kill halo. :?
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

why must one game be dead?

cant have 2 good games in the same genre, is that it?

Sword-Demon
Apparently it's too much for fanboys to handle. :lol:
AdmiralBison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AdmiralBison
Member since 2008 • 3970 Posts

I think if people would stop mentioning Halo 3 that people around here would stop caring about it.

Seriously. There's maybe 3 or 4 people I see per day that mention Halo 3, and if they wouldn't mention it then Halo 3 would not be the topic of conversation around here ever.

Mr_Nordquist

Maybe they should mention KillZone 2 more.

If it''s worth mentioning that much

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

No, KZ2 didn't kill Halo 3.

thepoop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thepoop7
Member since 2003 • 1391 Posts
When Kz has three successful games in a row that scores 9.0 and above , then maybe you have an argument. Halo 3 was a great game , with questionable multiplayer , but over all the game has a great story . I have nothing against Kz2 , I almost bought a PS3 because of it , but nothing has killed anything yet.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

KZ2 looks better and plays better, but that's to be expected when comparing a relatively new game with a game that's got a couple of years on it. There's no denying Halo 3's success with online multiplayer though. They'll both remain the top FPS title for PS3 and 360 until something else better come along...LP2 maybe but not crossing my fingers.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Best singleplayer FPS is Bioshock and best multiplayer FPS is CoD4

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts
I really liked the original Halo, not so much the second.... or the third. And I never liked the multiplayer on Halo. Well actually the 3rd was interesting. Never beat it though.
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#31 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

No we can not. Halo 3 has scored better and sold more than KZ2.

Doesn't matter to me anyway. Both of them are awesome shooters.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]nope, halo 3 has more options for single and mp, and sales were way better. until that is matched on both parts, it isnt dead.TheGreatOutdoor

They sure as hell mean a lot when one game is supposed to "kill" another.
sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

No, games don't kill other games.

A Xbox player with Halo 3 is not going to stop playing Halo, buy a PS3(assuming they don't already have one), and buy Killzone because it was titled "Halo Killer"(TM)

2-10-08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34 2-10-08
Member since 2008 • 2775 Posts

I guess it didn't actually kill it after all. Thanks for the confirmation man.

KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

KZ2 didn't kill Halo. Halo is too big a franchise already but the KZ franchise is on the rise.

However having played both, I did enjoy KZ2 much more than Halo 3. Just a better experience for me personally.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Even though I prefaired K2 over Halo 3, 9.5>>>9.0 so Halo 3 is still the FPS to beat, the only thing K2 has going for it is that it's the game to beat for console graphics right now.

TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheGreatOutdoor

[QUOTE="TheGreatOutdoor"]

[QUOTE="mtradr43"]nope, halo 3 has more options for single and mp, and sales were way better. until that is matched on both parts, it isnt dead.ithilgore2006

They sure as hell mean a lot when one game is supposed to "kill" another.

Again sales mean nothing when it comes to the quality of a game. There are games that are crap that sell well and there are awesome games that don't sell well. When I think of game A killing game B, I think of the game itself, not how many units it has sold. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying Killzone 2 is better than Halo 3, nor am I saying Halo 3 is better than Killzone 2. I have played Halo 3 and it is just a everyday average shooter to me. I have not played Killzone 2. Gameplay people, gameplay. Sales do not determine which game is better.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
I can only hope you're joking.
omarsh94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 omarsh94
Member since 2008 • 224 Posts

Counter-Strike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2 and Halo 3

WhenPicklezFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WhenPicklezFly
Member since 2009 • 914 Posts

Come on seriously now? There's no way that Killzone killed Halo. Halo is one of the most polished FPSs ever and the multiplayer is unmatched.

StreetRacer91

Most fps are the same now days

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

When we compare fps should we now be saying Kz2 killer instead of halo 3

WhenPicklezFly
KZ2 failed to out score Halo 3. So no. Halo 3 is still the FPS to beat. Besides, everything about KZ2 is weak sauce, with the exception of the graphics.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
[QUOTE="game_masta14"][QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

Exactly, why can't fanboys have two games co-exist with each other? Sure we all have our own preference but still that doesn't mean the opposing game has to die. I guess it's a fanboy rule nowadays.

thats the nature of the beast
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
Pokemon Snap > KZ2 and Halo 3. (Yes its in 1st person and you shoot....... Pictures)
Archaic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Archaic8
Member since 2009 • 343 Posts

How can it be a Halo killer? The definition of Halo killer comes from the games sales, not the quality. If we were judging the game based off quality then thats saying that Halo kills games like Half Life and Call of Duty. Which is laughable.

Kicker_of_Cans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kicker_of_Cans
Member since 2009 • 444 Posts

Counter-Strike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2 and Halo 3

omarsh94
Because a supremely dated FPS that's only a shadow of its former glory is better than 2 current gen FPS titles? Okay then...
HistoricalSD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HistoricalSD
Member since 2009 • 582 Posts

we ALL know every future FPS will be compared to halo, not killzone.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

no. Personally i prefer Halo 3 more. I think Team Fortress 2 is a much better MP game as well.

I think Crysis, Bioshock, Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl do a much better job in the single player department.

So no.....and in general i find the Halo 3 MP more fun(sp was crap in both). Halo 3 certainly wins the content department, and a superior community gaming experience(no not the foul mouths, i mean the addition of user generated content, and theatre)

Which gets to my complaint, why the hell are there no mods in Killzone 2? why is it that only Unreal TOurnament 3 does mods on the PS3? :|

The_Brodeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 The_Brodeo
Member since 2009 • 804 Posts

Clearly Killzone 2 has set the console FPS benchmark for graphics. Halo however is the biggest franchise of the last two gens. Neither game killed the other especially for people with only one console. The XBOX only play Halo and the PS3 only play Killzone 2.

PoppaGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PoppaGamer
Member since 2009 • 1629 Posts
I don't think anyone ever called Halo 3 the FPS king because of graphics. It has been touted as such do to the huge fanbase and the endurance of the online community. In order for KZ2 to win a crown over Halo 3 in that regard it will have to seell a lot more and keep the online community strong for a couple years. I doubt that will happen. As for graphics, Halo 3 isn't even in the running for top 360 game, let alone overall.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
Did i miss the game that beat half life 2 by any chance?