So 4 games just been announced for Vita ( localizations )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

For those who didnt know about 4 games just been recently announced for the PSVita ( more like confirmed for a localization ).

but you know PSVita has no games.

1- Mind Zero:

This is the game that im most excited about, its an RPG that uses some sort of Souls monsters to fight other monsters ( in a similar way to Persona )

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/30/mind-zero-acquires-persona-like-dungeon-crawler-will-localized-west/

2- XBlaze Code:

Is one of the first Visual Novel by the BlazBlue team to be coming over in English and it was only announced today.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/11/xblaze-code-embryo-visual-novel-set-in-blazblue-universe-coming-to-ps3/

3- BlazBlue Chrono:

While im no fighting fan but blazblue sure has proved itself too be a pretty good and fun fighting game and vita version has far more content than the PS3 version.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/10/blazblue-chrono-phantasma-vita-beach-scenario-coming-north-america-summer/

4- Murasaki Baby:

While this game was announced earlier last year it was never mentioned if it will ever leave Japan and just recently it was confirmed that the game will be coming out in english.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/10/murasaki-baby-confirmed-for-ps-vita-in-north-america/

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Mind Zero looks pretty good, but thats about it. One of them isn't even a game imo, and another looks like a idie game on a Iphone.

Its not that the Vita doesn't have any games. Its that the majority/ most of them don't stand out/ aren't system sellers. If it did have such software it would selling along the lines of the 3DS, but its not.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#3  Edited By benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Mind Zero does look impressive for a PS Vita game, I do hope they release more games like these for the system

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46479 Posts

Not really the biggest fighting fan myself, but the Vita is perfect for it. I'm really enjoying Mortal Kombat and UMVC 3, so I'm definitely interested in more.

Saw the trailer of Murasaki, it definitely looks ... interesting.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@benleslie5 said:

Mind Zero does look impressive for a PS Vita game, I do hope they release more games like these for the system

This

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

No games, confirmed

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well, mind zero and murasaki baby getting picked up right here ^^ kind of worried as to why my Vita so far has gotten so many more games then the PS4 it came with. :\ ah well ^^

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Don't forget potentially Dangan Ronpa 2:

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

They look trashy and too Japanese

Vita does have lots of trash and reharses, noone ever said it has not got games

It just does not have a single exlusive game i would buy the system for

Definitly not for the garbage posted in the OP

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

"vita has no games"

Zidski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Zidski
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

XBlaze I might try. I love BlazBlue but oh man Calamity Trigger gave me a headache trying to understand the story. I understand it more now but a whole game on more story!? Characters have all been great so far and hopefully this one introduces good ones too. My Vita pretty much only plays BlazBlue now and I can't wait for the new one!

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

meh mind zero looks interesting if its any good though at the moment im using my vita to replay tarraria after spending 80 hours on the steam version, i i picked up spelunky on my vita as well though i have it on steam it seems more suited to a handheld :)

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Mind zero looks cool. I was interested in the BB novel till I heard it was JPN voice only and all interest went away. Im getting the actual fighter for my ps3.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

I'm really starting to get back logged.

Getting close to platinuming Dragon's Crown.

Started Persona 4 a few days ago.

Have got Toukiden and Dangan Ronpa arriving in a few days.

Guh... not enough time.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@TrappedInABox91 said:

Mind Zero looks pretty good, but thats about it. One of them isn't even a game imo, and another looks like a idie game on a Iphone.

Its not that the Vita doesn't have any games. Its that the majority/ most of them don't stand out/ aren't system sellers. If it did have such software it would selling along the lines of the 3DS, but its not.

I assume you mean the xblaze. Well 999 on the DS wasn't technically a game either but it was one of the best games on the DS. And yes, it is a game. Just because you aren't passing a ball, shoot down helicopters or chopping up guys doesn't mean it isn't a game....unless of course youre very narrow minded and unwilling to accept or acknowledge anything outside of a tiny window of whats normal

And yes those are systems sellers to millions of people, but youre narrow mind comes into play again. Millions of people in other countries (you know they exist right) don't all love what America passes off as mainstream gaming. If I didn't already own a vita I would buy one for those games, well except blazblue because I don't care for fighting games really.

So just because you don't like them doesn't mean they aren't any good.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By finalstar2007

@Slashkice said:

Murasaki Baby is from a EU dev and it was announced at Gamescom - the game was always in English. :p

Anyways, I'll probably get all four.

I shall get all except the fighting game as im hoping it will be offered by PS+ down the road like the second blazblue ( which i loved ).

oh i dont know why i kept thinking it was announced in Japan :P but game looks really interesting and has this unique art to it

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalstar2007
@SonicNextGen2 said:

Don't forget potentially Dangan Ronpa 2:

While it would be nice for this game to come out but its still a rumor so far and seeing how well the first game is doing ( in terms of reviews ) im 99.9% sure the second is going to come too ( i think we'll see it getting announced next week at the NISA conference i believe on the 17th )

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Meh

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

I'm getting blazblue and mind zero. It's great that the vita is getting more games localized, but for the vita to grow beyond just a niche group of weeaboo's, Sony needs the bigger publishers to step up too like Namco, Sega and Square.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15948 Posts

I don't mind me some JRPGS ! though I really miss monster hunter :(

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Vita <3

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#24  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19609 Posts

@TrappedInABox91 said:

Assuming you mean XBlaze Code: Embryo, the OP's link already showed that it does involve quite a bit of gameplay:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/11/xblaze-code-embryo-visual-novel-set-in-blazblue-universe-coming-to-ps3/

"As for the game itself, XBlaze is a visual novel with a number of twists on the formula. One of the biggest differences is that, unlike most games in the genre that simple use static character images during conversation scenes, story scenes in XBlaze are more akin to an animated feature, complete with shifting camera angles, dramatic music cues, and all sorts of various trickery to make an already great story just that much more engrossing. Also, players can control the course of the story via the TOi System, the in-game information aggregation program used by the characters in the game. By choosing to read (or ignore) the various articles and blog postings recommended by TOi, different story paths will open and close. Not sure which articles to read? Just pay attention to what the other characters are reading…

There’s a lot more that I could write about right now (alternate endings, possible gag routes, etc.), but I figured it’d be better if I just let you, the reader, ask your own questions in the comments section below."

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Sadly all 4 of those games look like crap.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@mrintro said:

"vita has no games"

you guys don't get it. vita has games…every console has games.

but the games that come out for it are so niche or minuscule nobody wants to play them besides .5% of the vita population

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@Mario1331: niche? It has shooters, it has sports games, it has racers, it has adventure, it has RPGs, it has indie games, it has platformers, it has co-op, etc etc etc. The real problem is people who fail to do just a little bit of research or actually try the system out before passing judgement

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

They all look good with the exception of Mind Zero.

Hate to be a party-pooper but by all accounts the game is terrible. It's going to get demolished by Metacritic scores. And I worry that the localization outfit behind it might take that (and poor sales) to mean that people don't want RPGs on the system when the truth is they don't want play low quality games.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#29 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

All Hentai crap.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Thanks for the news. Mind Zero and Murasaki Baby both look like games I'll keep an eye on.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

Dangan Ronpa 2 should comeout on the 3ds and i loved the anime of it

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@mrintro said:

@Mario1331: niche? It has shooters, it has sports games, it has racers, it has adventure, it has RPGs, it has indie games, it has platformers, it has co-op, etc etc etc. The real problem is people who fail to do just a little bit of research or actually try the system out before passing judgement

niche isn't a genre….its a demographic. shooters,rpgs,etc games can all be niche

just look at all those games Finalstar just posted. they will only be bought by like .5% of the vita population.

i love my vita but when ppl say it has no games they just means it has no games that attract many vita gamers