Skyrim>>>Mass Effect 3>>>Witcher 2

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpunkDust
Member since 2011 • 133 Posts
Bethesda>>>Bioware>>>CD Projekt Skyrim is going to own so hard it's not even funny. Mass Effect 3 is going to own so hard becuase Bioware is putting back in some more rpg stuff that was good from Mass Effect 1. Witcher 2 will be good but not great.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

Bethesda>>>CD Projekt Skyrim is going to own so hard it's not even funny. Mass Effect 3 is going to own so hard becuase Bioware is putting back in some more rpg stuff that was good from Mass Effect 1. Witcher 2 will be good but not great.SpunkDust
someone needs to take that damn crystal ball away from him...

the witcher is the only one we have seen anything of really at the moment so no way to tell.

i loved the first witcher game, and the second looks even better.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 haberman13
Member since 2003 • 2414 Posts

Actually Bethesda fails compared to CDP IMO; they simplify, CDP adultifies/complexifies.

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

Beyond that; Skyrim looks to be taking the "streamlined" route (apparently RPGs are too "spreadsheety"), so after the lesson Oblivion showed us (don't trust Beth/Todd H.) I'll be reserving judgment on Skyrim until at least release and some mods are out.

SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SpunkDust

Actually Bethesda fails compared to CDP IMO; they simplify, CDP adultifies/complexifies.

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

Beyond that; Skyrim looks to be taking the "streamlined" route (apparently RPGs are too "spreadsheety"), so after the lesson Oblivion showed us (don't trust Beth/Todd H.) I'll be reserving judgment on Skyrim until at least release and some mods are out.

haberman13
Oblivion was a 9.6 score?
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpunkDust

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

haberman13
JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
ME 1 + 2 were > Oblivion ergo ME3 > Skyrim.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Eh, we is makin' predictions? Well mine will look like this: Mass Effect3 >>> The Withcher 2 > Skyrim Let's face it people, Bethesda knows how to create a huge and fleshed out open world, but their storytelling isn't the best. Its good but not the best. And with Bioware dropping some RPG elements back into Mass Effect 3 (and from what I heard so far about the story) It will surely blow minds. That's my prediction.
SpunkDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SpunkDust
Eh, we is makin' predictions? Well mine will look like this: Mass Effect3 >>> The Withcher 2 > Skyrim Let's face it people, Bethesda knows how to create a huge and fleshed out open world, but their storytelling isn't the best. Its good but not the best. And with Bioware dropping some RPG elements back into Mass Effect 3 (and from what I heard so far about the story) It will surely blow minds. That's my prediction. MrSelf-Destruct
Fallout 3 GOTY so we should expect Skyrim to not be good?
Avatar image for Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Ikuto_Tsukiyomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ikuto_Tsukiyomi
Member since 2010 • 822 Posts

And tommorrow the sky will turn purple and rain chocolate eye balls.

MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"]Eh, we is makin' predictions? Well mine will look like this: Mass Effect3 >>> The Withcher 2 > Skyrim Let's face it people, Bethesda knows how to create a huge and fleshed out open world, but their storytelling isn't the best. Its good but not the best. And with Bioware dropping some RPG elements back into Mass Effect 3 (and from what I heard so far about the story) It will surely blow minds. That's my prediction. SpunkDust
Fallout 3 GOTY so we should expect Skyrim to not be good?

Did I say it wasn't going to be good? I just said the other two will be better. And Witcher and Mass Effect were also GOTY, so I guess that means they all have a shot, no?
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Tough one, can't choose between ME and Skyrim !
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]Bethesda>>>Bioware>>>CD Projekt Skyrim is going to own so hard it's not even funny. Mass Effect 3 is going to own so hard becuase Bioware is putting back in some more rpg stuff that was good from Mass Effect 1. Witcher 2 will be good but not great.

I couldn't disagree with that more. I would flip it (maybe, assuming CD's Witcher 2 is as good as The Witcher) and add about 100 more > before Bethesda.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Witcher 2 > Skyrim > ME3 for me.
supdotcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 supdotcom
Member since 2010 • 1121 Posts

cool. cause you've played all three games.

thebishop27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thebishop27
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Sorely underestimating how epic the witcher 2 is gonna be. If you had the order right, then your arrows are wrong im afraid. Skyrim is on the fence to me. But it has nothing over the witcher 2 atm in terms or artistic style and story. Not to mention the revamped the fighting system. The game is gonna be insanse.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

dark souls >>> *

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Skyrim>>>Mass Effect 3>>>Witcher 2.SpunkDust
FUnny, this list is exactly backwards when judging how good of roleplaying games they will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#18 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

i disagreeSkyrim>>>Witcher 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mass Effect 3

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

Not sure about that. All I know is I'll play all these games where they should be played, PC. 8)

Valiant_Rebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Valiant_Rebel
Member since 2009 • 4197 Posts

They are all going to be great, but I say that The Witcher 2 will dominate the other games.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 haberman13

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

SpunkDust

Uhmmm, yeah. Oblivion being a 9.6 invalidates all reviews for all games across the board.

John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

haberman13
witcher = rapelay 2 = adult game :P
John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts
ME3 = shooter :P
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
Now that The WItcher 2 has been consolized it has a chance to shine like the other two franchises. It will be interesting.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrSelf-Destruct
Now that The WItcher 2 has been consolized it has a chance to shine like the other two franchises. It will be interesting.IronBass
Now, was that necessary? Even if it is consolized console only gamers don't get to play it. :P
thespywholied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thespywholied
Member since 2008 • 3358 Posts

Getting all 3.

All will be awesome.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

If skyrim is anything like oblivion then it's gonna suck for me , it'll be more like ME3>>>Witcher 2>>>>Skyrim

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

If skyrim is anything like oblivion then it's gonna suck for me , it'll be more like ME3>>>Witcher 2>>>>Skyrim

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

I'm better Witcher 2 will be the most RPG oriented out of all 3.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

Oblivion and Fallout 3 were complete and utter crap so I don't have any reason to expect that they'll change that for Skyrim. Mass Effect 1 and 2 were mediocre, and I heard Dragon Age 2 was the same way, so there's no reason to put faith in Bioware for that either. Witcher 1 was decent but had a crapton of game design flaws, and it seems that the developers are going to try to correct a few of those.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

[QUOTE="SpunkDust"]Skyrim>>>Mass Effect 3>>>Witcher 2.AdrianWerner

FUnny, this list is exactly backwards when judging how good of roleplaying games they will be.

Exactly. ;)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23998 Posts

My predictions for personal enjoyment are Witcher 2>Mass Effect 3>Itunes UI Skyrim. However with mods, Witcher 2>Skyrim>Mass Effect 3.

I have disliked all of Bioware's games since Neverwinter Nights and I have disliked all of Bethesda's games since Morrowind, Oblivion was good however, after you modded it and fixed all the bad design choices, 1000s of bugs and poor mechanics.

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

haberman13

its only an adults game b/c of the sexual content. :P of course gameplay wise the witcher kills oblivion's chunky one. However in oblivion you could a lot more in terms of how you approached a situation (i suppose thats b/c its a sandbox world and more of a action game whereas the witcher is more of a traditional rpg) I am very optimistic about skyrim, hopefully they make combat a little more fluid. The witcher does beats oblivion in terms of characters and story.TBH I look at them as completely different games, as rpg's the witcher kills oblivion in every aspect, but as a open ended action game skyrim looks to be better. I too am worried about, as much as i hate the term, "consolization" with skyrim. Not too much to be owrried about since mods will make the game what it was supposed to be after only a couple of months

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

haberman13

its only an adults game b/c of the sexual content. :P of course gameplay wise the witcher kills oblivion's chunky one. However in oblivion you could a lot more in terms of how you approached a situation (i suppose thats b/c its a sandbox world and more of a action game whereas the witcher is more of a traditional rpg) I am very optimistic about skyrim, hopefully they make combat a little more fluid. The witcher does beats oblivion in terms of characters and story.TBH I look at them as completely different games, as rpg's the witcher kills oblivion in every aspect, but as a open ended action game skyrim looks to be better. I too am worried about, as much as i hate the term, "consolization" with skyrim. Not too much to be owrried about since mods will make the game what it was supposed to be after only a couple of months

chrion133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chrion133
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts

Who cares, gimme all 3 for the PC and Ill be in gaming heaven.

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 haberman13

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

tutt3r

I *want* to love Skyrim, Morrowind is one of my favorite games, but after the Oblivion fiasco I just don't trust them.

Oblivion + mods is worthy. Oblivion vanilla is a broken game (compared to Morrow).

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
No, Bethesda sucks, Morrowind was a fluke, essentially only good for it's time, they've not progressed past it. Tbh I think Oblivion represents their quality quite nicely. ME3 is likely to be the best, however TW2 could be a surprise. It's kinda annoying that we've still yet to see any proper gameplay of Skyrim, we know how ME3's gonna play, and we've seen a good amount of TW2.
i5750at4Ghz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 i5750at4Ghz
Member since 2010 • 5839 Posts
Mass Effect 3 will be the game for me. The combat in elder scroll games hasn't changed well ever. That hack and slash gameplay just isn't fun imo, and the witchers combat was even worse. I also enjoy guns far more than blades. Mass Effect is just the better game for someone like myself who wants nothing but non stop action.
Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#43 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

[QUOTE="haberman13"]

Beth == kids game

CDP == adults game

SpunkDust

This post deserves the following:

Double Facepalm

Seriously, have you ever played Morrowind? Have you ever played Oblivion past level 25? Do you realize the extent to which video game journalists don't properly play the games they review, and how much they buy into hype?

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Skyrim >=< ME3 >=< Witcher 2

Meaning I have no idea lol. I feel as though Witcher 2 will be much better than 1, at least in terms of combat, which is making me not want to play 1. Well also probably in everything else, but still :P. They could all be amazing or trash, but likely, amazing.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
Yup, because we played all of these games :roll:
RobbieH1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RobbieH1234
Member since 2005 • 7464 Posts

Do you realize the extent to which video game journalists don't properly play the games they review, and how much they buy into hype?

Brendissimo35

"Every line of dialogue in the game is delivered in full speech, and the quality of the voice acting and the writing is generally excellent...You can actually role-play in this game, something that the vast majority of role-playing games have stopped offering in recent years." - GameSpot's Oblivion review.

It does make you wonder...

haberman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 haberman13

If Oblivion reviews don't convince you that reviewers know a LOT less than your average gamer ... nothing will.

I identified Oblivions problems in ~15 hours ... I wonder if these "reviewers" even played beyond the intro dungeon.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Three things about Skyrim:

1. Only three stats - sorry, I like RPGs to have some complexity.

2. In another thread, Bethesda was quoted that "the game will look the same on PC as it does on consoles". No sale, they are ignoring high-end hardware once again.

3. Bethesda has a rep for leaving a lot of bugs in their games. Oblivion, > 10,000 bugs left. The mod community had to fix all of them.

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#50 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself. It's as if they simply took Todd Howard at his word. Todd is a great guy and a very talented developer, but he is also a salesman, and he has a track record for distorting the truth.