Since PS5 is sold out, will you try to pre order Xbox Series X/S instead?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

Edited By sakaiXx  Online

Poll Since PS5 is sold out, will you try to pre order Xbox Series X/S instead? (17 votes)

Yes! 53%
.... Craig (... No) 29%
I will wait for PS5 18%

Hi, since PS5 is sold out and almost puked by Crapcom decision to return to portable MH on the underpowered Nintendo platform, will fellow gamers be instead loading the walmart, amazon, bestbuy, gamestop (if they still exist beyond this month) and whatever else website to try to get your hands to the very weak Xbox Series S or the trashbox looking Xbox Series X next week?

I am actually quite interested in the Series S. Very highly competitive price that even made me look twice at it.

• 
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Did Sony pull a Nintendo and create an artificial scarcity to boost popularity?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Why is every acting surprised at this. I can't remember the last time a console launch didn't sell out. Even the X1 sold out and we don't even know how many launch consoles are available. We do know it won't be in the millions so I expect both MS versions to sell out as well.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Of course they did. Ony dopes fall for this garbage.

Its like when a photo of a new product out in the wild is "Leaked".

Phlop_Spencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phlop_Spencer
Member since 2020 • 1476 Posts

@kingtito: there were plenty xbones sitting at Walmart when I grabbed my ps4. Like stacks of them

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kingtito

@phlop_spencer said:

@kingtito: there were plenty xbones sitting at Walmart when I grabbed my ps4. Like stacks of them

Sure there was and there wasn't a single one available when I looked and I went all over the place. Nice try but we all know the relatively small launch allocation pretty much guarantees a sellout for all consoles. Yes even the X1 sold out at launch.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sakaiXx  Online
Member since 2013 • 15916 Posts

@phlop_spencer said:

Time to bust out this classic gif

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

No I will not buy something I don't want just because something I want is sold out. I'd wait all day.

@kingtito said:
@phlop_spencer said:

Sure there was and there wasn't a single one available when I looked and I went all over the place. Nice try but we all know the relatively small launch allocation pretty much guarantees a sellout for all consoles. Yes even the X1 sold out at launch.

No remember of all the xbones in stores. There was a buff bald youtuber forgot his name he used to play a lot of CoD. He would go into stores an show everyone all the xb1's in Walmart and the ps4's were usually sold out.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

MS should insure that their devices are readily available and not easily sold out. PS5 having shortages can work to their advantage.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

I was going to anyways. I guess if it were the other way around if I couldn't get Series X but PS5 was available I might grab one of those, but same, was probably getting one of those too eventually.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Will I pre-order? No.

The Xbox will sell out, most likely anyway.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sakaiXx  Online

@Pedro: that is the correct path xbox should take. I hope for this 1st round xbox to double the shipment to its shipping partners and retailers.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Yeah i am sure 15 million units by March 30 show clearly sony was artificially creating scarcity.

There will be more PS5 this holiday than the PS4 in 2013,and there will be allot more by March 30 if that 15 million units number hold,the PS4 by comparison only had 7.5 million by march 2014.

But don't read much into this,most retailers don't even know how many units they will get,so they stopping pre orders have to do more with retailers covering their asses than an actual shortage,they probably had a set number 200 units and pre sold them but maybe they end up getting 500.

Just wait and see and more pre orders get open.

@kuu2 said:

Of course they did. Ony dopes fall for this garbage.

Its like when a photo of a new product out in the wild is "Leaked".

How did sony did that prove it.

Because from what we know they intent to have 15 million units by March 30 which is the end of their fiscal year,that is double the amount of units the PS4 had,and the reason in the other thread i called bullshit to the so call Yield issues.

@kingtito said:

Why is every acting surprised at this. I can't remember the last time a console launch didn't sell out. Even the X1 sold out and we don't even know how many launch consoles are available. We do know it won't be in the millions so I expect both MS versions to sell out as well.

No it did not,and many day 1 units were roaming the market after launch,in fact MS shipped 3.9 million units from November to december 31 and they only sold 3 million.

Who told you that?

PS5 Production Is Ramping Up, And Sony Could Have 9-10 Million Ready By Launch

Sony is reportedly going to order 3 million more PS5 consoles than previously expected due to an increase in demand related to COVID-19.

A new report from the Nikkei Asian Review has some interesting details on the PlayStation 5. The site's sources claim that Sony is significantly increasing its shipment projection for the next-generation console. This comes after a report from April said PS5's launch supply could be lower than that of the PS4, but now that apparently will not be the case.

The company has increased its production orders from 6 million units to 9 million units, though the window of time for their production was not mentioned in the report. These units will be assembled at Sony's new factory in Japan where robots outnumber humans. Separately, Bloomberg reported that Sony is aiming to produce 10 million PS5 consoles by the end of 2020. That wouldn't necessarily mean that 10 million make it to store shelves by the end of the year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-production-is-ramping-up-and-sony-could-have-9/1100-6479737/

I think sony will try to capitalize on the higher than usual demand for consoles,and will flood the market with units,don't be surprise if they have 10 million units shipped or close by the end of this year,i also expect the PS4 to be in short supply which may push some to get a PS5 instead.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sakaiXx  Online

@tormentos: 15m ps5 within 4 month launch that is crazy. Hope the factory staff gets extra for all that hard work.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sakaixx said:

@tormentos: 15m ps5 within 4 month launch that is crazy. Hope the factory staff gets extra for all that hard work.

It sure is which confirm 2 things the speed of the GPU isn't an issue like some try to claim,and yields most be pretty freaking amazing,this machine may in deed end up running silent if this chips are been made in such a high density even with such a high speed.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kingtito

@ProtossRushX said:

No I will not buy something I don't want just because something I want is sold out. I'd wait all day.

@kingtito said:
@phlop_spencer said:

No remember of all the xbones in stores. There was a buff bald youtuber forgot his name he used to play a lot of CoD. He would go into stores an show everyone all the xb1's in Walmart and the ps4's were usually sold out.

No I don't remember cause when I went to purchase on launch every where I went they were sold out. Love how cows remember all the X1s on shelves that they had no intention of buying. Funny how that works

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

Narrative Alert:

"Sony couldn't sell as many units at launch because there was supply constriction."

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By kingtito

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

No it did not,and many day 1 units were roaming the market after launch,in fact MS shipped 3.9 million units from November to december 31 and they only sold 3 million.

Who told you that?

PS5 Production Is Ramping Up, And Sony Could Have 9-10 Million Ready By Launch

Sony is reportedly going to order 3 million more PS5 consoles than previously expected due to an increase in demand related to COVID-19.

A new report from the Nikkei Asian Review has some interesting details on the PlayStation 5. The site's sources claim that Sony is significantly increasing its shipment projection for the next-generation console. This comes after a report from April said PS5's launch supply could be lower than that of the PS4, but now that apparently will not be the case.

The company has increased its production orders from 6 million units to 9 million units, though the window of time for their production was not mentioned in the report. These units will be assembled at Sony's new factory in Japan where robots outnumber humans. Separately, Bloomberg reported that Sony is aiming to produce 10 million PS5 consoles by the end of 2020. That wouldn't necessarily mean that 10 million make it to store shelves by the end of the year.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps5-production-is-ramping-up-and-sony-could-have-9/1100-6479737/

I think sony will try to capitalize on the higher than usual demand for consoles,and will flood the market with units,don't be surprise if they have 10 million units shipped or close by the end of this year,i also expect the PS4 to be in short supply which may push some to get a PS5 instead.

And that has what to do with launch day availability? I didn't say in a specific time frame, I said launch day. I've yet to find a console that didn't sell out at launch. Heard rumors of PS3s a plenty but since I didn't get one at launch I can't confirm.

Oh gee where have I heard that before? PS2, PS3 and PS4 launches perhaps. I remember Sony saying they were going to have enough PS2s for anyone that wanted one. Ummm that was a lie.

It's funny how you think in the middle of a WW pandemic that manufacturing plants are operating at 100% efficiency. I would love for Sony to have 9-10 million at launch cause I might be tempted to pick one up just to play Demon Souls but given past launches, I highly doubt it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

I wasn’t planning on pre-ordering a PS5 anyway, always was intending on getting the Xbox Series X first so nothing has changed for me.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

awww yeahhhh

@sakaixx said:
@phlop_spencer said:

Time to bust out this classic gif

Avatar image for deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5fab1400b2fcc
Member since 2020 • 2126 Posts

I might

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I have a pc for MS games, but getting one for my bedroom may be an option, but probably not.