sign here if you think the wiimote is overrated.(It needs true 1:1 sensing)

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
no sheeps in my thread, trolling my posts.

wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak. wii boxing is horrible. It does not mimic your hand movements IRL. Might as well press a button
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hammerofjustice
almost forgot.

/sign
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Gimmick!

DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
It's a mix of overrated and overestimated IMO.

But still, it's fun and it's like 250$. So yeah
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
I don't, the wiimote is a huge leap to gaming.
Megagamer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Megagamer24
Member since 2005 • 74 Posts
i have a 360 and my bro has the wii.... i actually like the wii controller... only downfall is it does take some time mastering it, especially once you get a new game
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hammerofjustice
I don't, the wiimote is a huge leap to gaming.Kev_Unreal
my computer mouse has better motion sensing than the wii.
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
Get prepared to be wii-stroyed!!
edibu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 edibu
Member since 2004 • 8604 Posts
It is overrated by some and underrated by others. The people who say the wiimote makes every game fun are definetely overrating it, but it's certainly not a gimmick either.
BlueSaberWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlueSaberWolf
Member since 2006 • 581 Posts
I think it is a bit overrated.  I prefer simple control, but has very complicated gameplay.  Wii is probably fun, but its not worth $250 imo.  I rather buy a new ps2 $129.99 than to buy a $250 console. 
Zerostatic0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Zerostatic0
Member since 2005 • 4263 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]I don't, the wiimote is a huge leap to gaming.Hammerofjustice
And? My computer mouse has better motion sensing than the wii.

Your computer mouse has 2-d motion sensing, the Wii-mote has 3D motion sensing.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts

i have a 360 and my bro has the wii.... i actually like the wii controller... only downfall is it does take some time mastering it, especially once you get a new gameMegagamer24

Whoa, exact same situation lol

But at least I partially own the Wii, since I paid hakf the money for it. :P

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak.Hammerofjustice
:lol: No no no no no. The tilt is in the Sixaxis, the Wiimote has 3D motion sensing and a pointer. (not to mention rumble, a speaker, and memory in it) So... -1 signs :)
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak.coreygames
:lol: No no no no no. The tilt is in the Sixaxis, the Wiimote has 3D motion sensing and a pointer. (not to mention rumble, a speaker, and memory in it) So... -1 signs :)

if motion sensing is good, then why doesn't your xbox have it?
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak.Hammerofjustice

Because the Wii is so good, doesn't mean the Xbox is any good. It isn't an inverse corrolation of normal controller to "being good". It is just an awesome plus that the Wii has such a great addition to the things it can do, and it does very well. This is especially so in the first party games and a few of the 3rd party games.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]I don't, the wiimote is a huge leap to gaming.Zerostatic0

Ownage Approved.

DragonZ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DragonZ3
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts

[QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak.Hammerofjustice

becuase microsoft can't think of an original idea only nintendo can :)

wii and nintendo ftw,

btw TC your thread failed, people flock ( see what i did there ) to surport the wii where you hoped they would come 2 insult it,

Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hammerofjustice

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]I don't, the wiimote is a huge leap to gaming.Kev_Unreal

Ownage Approved.

ownage denied, Mii's need more customization options, and the ability to make your own skins.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

/sighn

I think its a gimmicky controler.  They had to have it or otherwise NOBODY, not even the most die hard nintendo fanboy, would have spent money on GC 1.2.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I was surprised to find the Wiimote is really comfortable in my hand and that it can manipulate things on the screen very well. It's not overrated to me, but something different and deserving of it's praise.
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
daveg1!
D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts
I don't think it's very overratted, I just think it need to get out games that use it well that aren't party games.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="coreygames"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak.DragonZ3

becuase microsoft can't think of an original idea only nintendo can :)

wii and nintendo ftw,

btw TC your thread failed, people flock ( see what i did there ) to surport the wii where you hoped they would come 2 insult it,

:| Yeah MS has never had a single original idea. In fact, the wiimote is the first original idea in the history of gaming. Now I have to sign a thread made by someone I thought I'd never agree with, just because of what you said. It's obvious now that while the wiimote can be great, its overrated by many people (like you).
carl2tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 carl2tan
Member since 2003 • 1385 Posts
I think the wiimote is a great idea.  The only problem now, is that sony and m$ could easily copy them.  The could put out a motion bar and a remote, and viola!  you have a wii with HD graphics.  This could mean the end of the Wii.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
I think the wiimote is a great idea.  The only problem now, is that sony and m$ could easily copy them.  The could put out a motion bar and a remote, and viola!  you have a wii with HD graphics.  This could mean the end of the Wii.carl2tan
There is always the price though.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
the idea is incredible, i dont think it could be overrated. the actual remote as it is, somewhat overrated imo. it can do alot of really impressive things, but ommisions like 1:1 swordplay and such really hurt it. that was the first thing i dreamt of doing with it years ago and to find that i cant? i give it a solid B, maybe a B+
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hammerofjustice
excactly, if the wii had 1:1 sensing then it would pwn all other systems easily.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
ehhh i mean I got a Wii and it is kinda gimmicky IMO
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
I think it sucks and is only really good for a few games. It would have been good to get a normal controller as the main and then that as a cool add-on thing for games like Wario ware, mario party, red steel ect.
ish_gibbor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31 ish_gibbor
Member since 2004 • 1717 Posts

excactly, if the wii had 1:1 sensing then it would pwn all other systems easily.Hammerofjustice

It already has come close to 1:1 in some games. What a lot of people are not realizing yet, is that the Wii mote is an inovation that will shape the future on how games are played. The next step is fully 1:1 motion sensing and then full body 1:1 motion sensing. Who was the first to come out with an anlogue stick. First to use touch screen for inovated gameplay?

Nintedo tried to shape gaming with inovated gameplay from the beginning with devices like the power glove, which totally sucked. But it was a step in the right direction. Virtual boy was a step in the right direction.

What is it most gamers dream about and movies are based around the concept? To be able to totally interact with a virtual world as though it were real, like a holodeck. All these little steps bring us closer to that goal. I totally look forward to closing my eyes and entering the virtual world. A fully intelligent interactive world. Where I have whatever super powers the main character has. My moves are no longer limited to how fast my fingers can move, but only limited by how fast I can think.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I think it is.
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Hammerofjustice

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]excactly, if the wii had 1:1 sensing then it would pwn all other systems easily.ish_gibbor

It already has come close to 1:1 in some games. What a lot of people are not realizing yet, is that the Wii mote is an inovation that will shape the future on how games are played. The next step is fully 1:1 motion sensing and then full body 1:1 motion sensing. Who was the first to come out with an anlogue stick. First to use touch screen for inovated gameplay?

Nintedo tried to shape gaming with inovated gameplay from the beginning with devices like the power glove, which totally sucked. But it was a step in the right direction. Virtual boy was a step in the right direction.

What is it most gamers dream about and movies are based around the concept? To be able to totally interact with a virtual world as though it were real, like a holodeck. All these little steps bring us closer to that goal. I totally look forward to closing my eyes and entering the virtual world. A fully intelligent interactive world. Where I have whatever super powers the main character has. My moves are no longer limited to how fast my fingers can move, but only limited by how fast I can think.

why not fully 1:1 sensing right now? It is possible, Metroid for the wii is gonna have an extreme mode with true 1:1 sensing. I think nintendo thinks that 1:1 sensing makes it too hard to play the games or most of the devs are idiots for not making all games 1:1.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts
you people aren't explaining what game you played using it and why you thought it was inferior(or overrated, ie a lot of people are saying this game is superior with the wiimote)

how would it be over rated for tennis... the game uses no buttons, and has enough depth to do everything you can do in rockstar table tennis

madden for example also... the wii with no online or next gen graphics had the best version of madden
the wii has 2 "best" multi plats, where as the ps3... has zero.. does that say anything?
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whoisryanmack

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]excactly, if the wii had 1:1 sensing then it would pwn all other systems easily.ish_gibbor

you're right, it is the first step. BUT...fact of the matter is, when they were showing this technology, we wanted 1:1. i think thats what we all imagined for it, and the fact that it can't, is a major let down. next gen, we probably wont be able to say that, and we'll have nintendo to thank, but for now...
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#36 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts
no sheeps in my thread, trolling my posts.

wiimotes tumble and tilt sensing is weak. wii boxing is horrible. It does not mimic your hand movements IRL. Might as well press a button
Hammerofjustice
So, basically you're saying, "No sheep in my thread, disagreeing with me". :| Nice. You're ignoring the pointer function - and the fact that the Wiimote can detect how close it is to the TV screen, in addition to tilt and yaw.
lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
The one flaw I see is the lack of a rechargeable battery pack like the one the 360 has I'm sick of having to recharge my rechargeable batteries.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 whoisryanmack
you people aren't explaining what game you played using it and why you thought it was inferior(or overrated, ie a lot of people are saying this game is superior with the wiimote)

how would it be over rated for tennis... the game uses no buttons, and has enough depth to do everything you can do in rockstar table tennis

madden for example also... the wii with no online or next gen graphics had the best version of madden
the wii has 2 "best" multi plats, where as the ps3... has zero.. does that say anything?
voxware00
it says alot about ps3, not so much about the remote tho. and i think we're all talking "on the whole", not just specific games. sure, it works great for tennis, but grand theft auto? maybe, maybe not.
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts
Wii is about pure and simple fun. Who cares about a game that isn't fun? Nintendo has the market and I hope they shape it to their image. I love most of Nintendo's ideas--even though they make a mistake sometimes (virtual boy). They learn from their mistakes, and make better products in the long run.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

This wiimore is still far away from influencing how future games are played... get real.  The potential is there no doubt, but there is still a lot of guessing involved.

And wouldnt anything that interacted with your brain on that lvl need to be approved by the FDA or something?  You are talking so far in the future that the wiimote will be long forgotten.

Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i have one at my house, and yes, the whole system is overrated for gamers. May be not for casuals.  I always have trouble with the motion sensing.  Super monkey ball is always losing the signal, the controls dont work well for zelda (but I do love using the slingshot and bow and arrow with the wii mote), and the wii mote is hardly responsive on wii sports.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
Probably, but it's because a lot of Wii games out right now can be played using a regular gamepad. I want to see more games that can only be done with the Wiimote (ie: WarioWare: Smooth Moves). Even so, playing Zelda with the Wiimote is pretty fun, and it makes you want to keep coming back. I can't really describe it, but it's just more fun to play with the Wiimote than a GC controller.
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
it is fun but after awhile it does get kinda boring. people are treating it as if it's the next son of god
peaceful_anger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 peaceful_anger
Member since 2007 • 2568 Posts
Some of you people make it sound like you want to play with normal controllers for the rest of yalls lives.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whoisryanmack
Some of you people make it sound like you want to play with normal controllers for the rest of yalls lives.peaceful_anger
and?
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"]no sheeps in my thread, trolling my posts.

HeedleGlavin
So, basically you're saying, "No sheep in my thread, disagreeing with me". :| Nice. You're ignoring the pointer function - and the fact that the Wiimote can detect how close it is to the TV screen, in addition to tilt and yaw.

and acceleration :P
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts
Do any of you realize the true implications of 1:1 motion sensing? How is that possible? Take a 50 lb. sword. Compare this to the
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="peaceful_anger"]Some of you people make it sound like you want to play with normal controllers for the rest of yalls lives.whoisryanmack
and?

lmfao, you couldnt possible want to play with controllers forever :? if the other controllers control as "well" as the wii mote, then HELL YES i want to stick with controllers.
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
i have been impressed when playing it, but it gets maybe a bit too much praise.
bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
[QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]

[QUOTE="Zerostatic0"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Kev_Unreal"]I don't, the wiimote is a huge leap to gaming.Hammerofjustice

Ownage Approved.

ownage denied, Mii's need more customization options, and the ability to make your own skins.

hey at least we have miis. and the mouse doesnt even motion sense. its not sensing your motion. its reading the way you move the mouse across the surface. thats why it needs to be on a surface.