Sigma: Constant 60 FPS 1080p & Real Time Self-Shadowing

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

I thought 1080p and 60fps was impossible ;)

Nike_Air
no, if it's a game where very little is going on (two tennis players, two fighters), it's not that hard. When the game gets more complicated (huge armies, etc) the framerate will drop, the textures will be less detailed, OR, the resolution will drop to 720P.
gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

I see no link to the Interview you posted. I suspect it's an old one.

Sigma USED to be 1080p, then they confirmed that it would be 720p.

I see nothing in that article that suggests that the game was going to be 1080p, then 720p and now they have changed their minds again and are going with 1080p.

So I'll ask for a link, and if I get it, I'm sure I'll find that this is quite an old Interview.

UpSwing

I can't provide a link to the interview since I have no idea where the TC got it from but it is confirmed in the IGN preview posted less than five days ago.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/775/775292p1.html

"Tecmo said that it has just recently managed to implement full 1080p support into the game, and at a full 60fps to boot. Yes, this is one slick-looking title."

elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

I see nothing in that article that suggests that the game was going to be 1080p, then 720p and now they have changed their minds again and are going with 1080p.

So I'll ask for a link, and if I get it, I'm sure I'll find that this is quite an old Interview.

UpSwing

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=107423

CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 CalmityDaunt
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

UpSwing
Gotta love those "DAY OLD" interviews, owned.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

Has it been difficult to develop for the PS3 overall?

The developers that say it's too hard to develop for and complain about it are missing the point. It sounds like an excuse to the consumer to usHiyashi

Gotta love that, I totally agree with good ol Hiyashi I mean if developers are complaining about the difficulty why did they join the games industry, everything is hard at first and then you get used to it and it becomes easier as time pases by.

I think Team Ninja are a great  company and I feel happy that I finally get to play one of their games (the last Team Ninja game I played was DOA2) after a long time. Last gen I always admired NG and I really wanted to play it, unfortunately I felt that one game is not enough to buy another console. I'm glad I finally will get to play TN best game, I CAN'T WAIT !

SuperMouse1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SuperMouse1986
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

PS3_3DO

NG 2 will be 1080p and 60fps on the X360!  :)

Sony will be PWNT than! :lol:

If the xflop heater can handle it. :lol:
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts

For us it's not a question of being easily to develop for, that's a relative term. When we first got our hands on the hardware it took us a while to get back into the flow of working with Sony, because they way they do things is a little different. The developers that say it's too hard to develop for and complain about it are missing the point. It sounds like an excuse to the consumer to us.

There are a lot of people out there that bought the PS3, and it's not a question of whether it's easy or hard. If your going to do a project you have to do the best you can. It's like if you bought a CD and it sounded bad and the singer said it was because the studio and the engineer were no good. Ultimately it's up to that person to make sure they have the quality that's needed. Look at what were able to do and the quality we are able to achieve and that speaks for it self. I think people will be satisfied with what we were able to do. If we can do it then other people will be able to do it as well.

elementz28

this part made me laugh. they pretty much punked all the devs that are complaining because they do not want to work lol. also he wants to play heavnely sword .

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Nike_Air
I heard on the 1upshow, which was given a copy of the game, that it's 720p. But that was last weeks episode. Maybe it's changed. I hope so, but remain skeptical.
CalmityDaunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CalmityDaunt
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts
[QUOTE="elementz28"]

For us it's not a question of being easily to develop for, that's a relative term. When we first got our hands on the hardware it took us a while to get back into the flow of working with Sony, because they way they do things is a little different. The developers that say it's too hard to develop for and complain about it are missing the point. It sounds like an excuse to the consumer to us.

There are a lot of people out there that bought the PS3, and it's not a question of whether it's easy or hard. If your going to do a project you have to do the best you can. It's like if you bought a CD and it sounded bad and the singer said it was because the studio and the engineer were no good. Ultimately it's up to that person to make sure they have the quality that's needed. Look at what were able to do and the quality we are able to achieve and that speaks for it self. I think people will be satisfied with what we were able to do. If we can do it then other people will be able to do it as well.

alfy13

this part made me laugh. they pretty much punked all the devs that are complaining because they do not want to work lol. also he wants to play heavnely sword .

The thing is now though, with the "edge" tools being made available won't that make it easier for games to be developed on the PS3 now. So no excuses devs, get cracking!