Should Microsoft start off gen 9 earlier than expected?

• 173 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@Pedro said:

The logic in this thread is lacking. Why would MS release a new console earlier? Since when is console power a driving factor? This gen focus on hardware is stupid and sidetracking. The only people that care about resolution and hardware are gamers who recently discovered how stuff works. The average consumer don't care and will continue to not care. 1080 or 900p is negligible. The fact is that the same folks who are complaining about hardware now will be complaining about hardware in the future. Also the graphical gains will be even smaller next gen further increasing the level of whining. The reality is that games are the focus and will continue to be the focus regardless technical prowess. We don't need prettier versions of the same game.

You think the PS4 is winning because it has better games? Sorry, but people are more tech-savvy these days than before. To an extent resolution actually matters to people these days. Its one of the big selling points for the PS4 over the XB1. On average you can expect the PS4 version of games to run at a higher resolution than the XB1 version. The fact that both consoles are priced the same makes the purchase even easier for the consumer. The PS4 and XB1 game library share over 90% of the same games so why pick the XB1 unless you really need to play Halo?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By emgesp

You guys forget that going with X86 makes it easier than ever to transition to the next generation. BC will be standard again to make the transition very smooth for XB1 owners.

I want shorter life cycles for hardware. Take more of an Apple like approach to hardware. Maybe every 4 yrs release updated more powerful boxes that can still play the previous gen games and keep the price tag at around $299.99 - $349.99 max.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes I want a link. If you are so sure of the numbers then you should provide them. Otherwise your post is worthless..........

Of course you'd want a link because I'm attacking your precious PS4s weak hardware. You're feeling very butthurt at this moment. Can't fathom that there is more PCs in the market that trump the PS4s power than there are PS4s and X1s combined. Keep the butthurt up

Sorry dude I don't make a cent on PS4s so they aren't mine. I'm willing to take a cut of the profits though if you can wrangle that. I'm console agnostic dude. Just because I criticize one doesn't mean I love them less. You are such a fan boy that you can't understand constructive criticism or being annoyed with a product. I swear MS could shit in a box and you'd praise it.

As to the link in question we can just assume you're talking out of you ass again since you have nothing to back up your statement. Again.

All you do is criticize the other console even when both deserve it at times. You're a fanboy even if you continue to deny it.

When your critiques are actually constructive then I won't say a word but since they're not even close..........

Because I run around praising everything MS does right? Care to link a post where I blindly praise MS? Didn't think so.

Can we agree that there are lots of video cards and CPUs stronger than the PS4 from both Nvidia and AMD? That's a lot of video cards on the market and have been for a few years now. I'm not going to try and research sales for every single card that's stronger just because you prefer to play def, dumb and blind. Hell even the steam survey showed that millions of the latest Nvidia cards were sold and that's just from 1 manufacturer. You keep clinging to that hope though.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yes I want a link. If you are so sure of the numbers then you should provide them. Otherwise your post is worthless..........

Of course you'd want a link because I'm attacking your precious PS4s weak hardware. You're feeling very butthurt at this moment. Can't fathom that there is more PCs in the market that trump the PS4s power than there are PS4s and X1s combined. Keep the butthurt up

Sorry dude I don't make a cent on PS4s so they aren't mine. I'm willing to take a cut of the profits though if you can wrangle that. I'm console agnostic dude. Just because I criticize one doesn't mean I love them less. You are such a fan boy that you can't understand constructive criticism or being annoyed with a product. I swear MS could shit in a box and you'd praise it.

As to the link in question we can just assume you're talking out of you ass again since you have nothing to back up your statement. Again.

All you do is criticize the other console even when both deserve it at times. You're a fanboy even if you continue to deny it.

When your critiques are actually constructive then I won't say a word but since they're not even close..........

Because I run around praising everything MS does right? Care to link a post where I blindly praise MS? Didn't think so.

How is that different what you do to the PS4?

"Could this be another genius Sony move in delaying it a few weeks? They delayed it this year because they didn't want it going up against the big hitters or so cows have been saying. Can Sony BE anym.."

"It had horrible laggy controls. Don't tell me it didn't as pretty much everyone here agrees with it."

"I don't give Sony credit for Bloodborne being a great game."

ect ect...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 kingtito

@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

"Could this be another genius Sony move in delaying it a few weeks? They delayed it this year because they didn't want it going up against the big hitters or so cows have been saying. Can Sony BE anym.."

"It had horrible laggy controls. Don't tell me it didn't as pretty much everyone here agrees with it."

ect ect...

I didn't criticize Sony, I laughed at cows claiming Sony was genius for delaying the game. Nice try troll

Criticizing the games controls is NOT criticizing Sony. KZ2 had crappy lag infested controls as been mentioned by several other users. Once again not a blind criticism of Sony.

Again making fun of cows giving credit for a game that From Soft created, not Sony. Doesn't matter if Sony funded the game BB is an almost carbon copy of the DS series.
Once again no blind criticism of Sony but more criticizing the blind Sony fans.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Heil68

@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

ect ect...

I didn't criticize Sony, I laughed at cows claiming Sony was genius for delaying the game. Nice try troll

Criticizing the games controls is NOT criticizing Sony. KZ2 had crappy lag infested controls as been mentioned by several other users. Once again not a blind criticism of Sony.

Again making fun of cows giving credit for a game that From Soft created, not Sony. Doesn't matter if Sony funded the game BB is an almost carbon copy of the DS series.

Ok, so its ok for you to criticize :cows:, their systems and games but leave your precious piece of plastic alone.

OK

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 kingtito

@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

ect ect...

Ok, so its ok for you to criticize :cows:, their systems and games but leave your precious piece of plastic alone.

OK

Yeah it's ok to criticize cows because cows are easy to criticize when they make asinine statements which is about 90% of the time. Once again where have I blindly criticized the PS4 besides saying it's hardware is weak which I've also said about the X1?

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#158  Edited By gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

@emgesp said:

I want shorter life cycles for hardware.

Then go buy a PC and upgrade it as often as you wish.

Not going to happen in the console market thankfully. Ever.

The console market is so big and popular with developers and publishers for the very reason that it provides a stable know platform where development costs are reduced by being amortized over the six to seven year lifespan for the target console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Heil68

@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

ect ect...

OK

Yeah it's ok to criticize cows because cows are easy to criticize when they make asinine statements which is about 90% of the time. Once again where have I blindly criticized the PS4 besides saying it's hardware is weak which I've also said about the X1?

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

I liked KZ SF aiming too, I found it pretty good actually. I cruised through the toughest spots with plenty of headshots. I dont see your while calvary for lems who make similar "asinine statements which is about 90% of the time"

Wonder why?

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Like it or not, we're 2 years into another 10 year console cycle and unless the sales of both PS4 and Xbox One plummet to nothing and MS/Sony predict when that will happen, then the earliest a new, non Nintendo, console will arrive is 2020. That is, of course, providing that the next console 'generation' is anything more than an online streaming service.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 kingtito

@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

OK

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

I liked KZ SF aiming too, I found it pretty good actually. I cruised through the toughest spots with plenty of headshots. I dont see your while calvary for lems who make similar "asinine statements which is about 90% of the time"

Wonder why?

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

Good for you, I hated it as did many others but that's all opinions and I've stated mine.

Well 1 because, you know, I'm a lem and 2 because there are enough cows here to do it for me. Probably the same reason YOU don't say anything to when cows make those "asinine" statements and boy do they do it a lot.

Wonder all you like amigo. I wonder why you don't say anything to cows hmmmmm inquiring minds would like to know.....honestly, I couldn't care less why you do or don't say anything to cows.

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Heil68

@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

OK

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

Wonder why?

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

Good for you, I hated it as did many others but that's all opinions and I've stated mine.

Well 1 because, you know, I'm a lem and 2 because there are enough cows here to do it for me. Probably the same reason YOU don't say anything to when cows make those "asinine" statements and boy do they do it a lot.

Wonder all you like amigo. I wonder why you don't say anything to cows hmmmmm inquiring minds would like to know.....honestly, I couldn't care less why you do or don't say anything to cows.

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy

so no reason other than it bothers you even though lems such as yourself do it too?

I do say stuff to cows, for instance I dont like Bloodborne and will never buy it.

I dont like how the PS4 DNLA streams media when the PS3 did it fine.

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#163 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

Wonder why?

Yeah OOOOOKKKKKK

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy

so no reason other than it bothers you even though lems such as yourself do it too?

I do say stuff to cows, for instance I dont like Bloodborne and will never buy it.

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy.

Halo 5 is more superior than KZ: SF! Drive Club sucked and is nowhere as good as both Forza 6 and Forza Horizon 2. Xbox One is for the gamers and PS4 is for corporate slaves! Xbox is the way of life, and Generation 9 will be all about Xbox! :P

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#164 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

No, not at all. They spend an enormous amount of resources trying to get the customers' trust back after botching it with the Xbox One announcement, and I'm not sure they want to screw them over and say, "Well, forgot about that console. Here's a new one for you to buy!" Personally, a generation should be no shorter than five years with at least two more years of support for the previous console.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 kingtito

@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy.

It bothers me? I guess stupid, ignorant statements made by cows does bother me or I do what everyone else does here? Same reason you like posting the same shit over and over and over again. I'd call it trolling but you may have another name for what it is.

Does it bother you that I called the PS4 weak? Does it bother you that I said there are more sales of more powerful graphics cards than there are of the PS4 and X1 combined?

I've never seen you say stuff to cows and no saying you don't like BB isn't saying something to cows. Say something when someone like gfxpipeline makes another lame comment regarding the X1.

Yes sir

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Heil68

@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy.

It bothers me? I guess stupid, ignorant statements made by cows does bother me or I do what everyone else does here? Same reason you like posting the same shit over and over and over again. I'd call it trolling but you may have another name for what it is.

Does it bother you that I called the PS4 weak? Does it bother you that I said there are more sales of more powerful graphics cards than there are of the PS4 and X1 combined?

I've never seen you say stuff to cows and no saying you don't like BB isn't saying something to cows. Say something when someone like gfxpipeline makes another lame comment regarding the X1.

Yes sir

PS4 isn't weak though, it's the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games. And that's a root'n toot'm impressive by golly!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kingtito

@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:
@Heil68 said:
@kingtito said:

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy

Yeah OOOOKKKKKK buddy.

Yes sir

PS4 isn't weak though, it's the world's most powerful video game console in the history of video games. And that's a root'n toot'm impressive by golly!

Ok that made me laugh

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 emgesp

@gfxpipeline said:
@emgesp said:

I want shorter life cycles for hardware.

Then go buy a PC and upgrade it as often as you wish.

Not going to happen in the console market thankfully. Ever.

The console market is so big and popular with developers and publishers for the very reason that it provides a stable know platform where development costs are reduced by being amortized over the six to seven year lifespan for the target console.

We are not gonna have to wait 6 - 7 yrs again for the next generation of consoles. These consoles are already profitable and neither Sony or Microsoft are dealing with any RROD level issues. They will refresh the hardware sooner rather than later.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@emgesp said:
@Chozofication said:
@nyadc said:

They should just release in 2018 or 2019 like most expect and create a powerhouse console, something unbelievable that they will absolutely lose money on but make it reasonable to the consumer. They will make money back in the long run with games, sales and the eventual reduction in hardware costs, but they need to do something they know Sony cannot, and that is initially lose a metric **** ton of money.

Those days are long gone, both the Ps4 and Xb1 are outpacing their predecessors and they didn't have to loss lead to do it.

You're right that MS can do that more so than Sony, but the Xbox brand is just starting to make MS money and I don't know why they'd blow that. More likely I see them coming out with a $500 console like they did this time but have all that money go to the hardware and not some gimmick. If we are to see more powerful hardware we'll need to pay more...

I don't want new consoles anyway things are just getting worse and worse in development time, dlc, number of patches, new ideas and development costs, I just want good games for the hardware we have now.

A $500 Xbox is not happening. $399.99 is the sweet spot. Anything more and you just alienate potential customers.

Agreed.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

@halvedlife said:

@emgesp: ....Their CEO is focused on their software and trimming fat; fat being their mobile division

This is just one of the many reason i hate ms, they take over nokia and get rid of a lot of the employees there, they then build a shit phone and because it doesnt sell in big numbers they try to sell off the company after ruining many peoples lives.

**** you microsoft, selfish greedy assholes.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

@emgesp said:
@Pedro said:

The logic in this thread is lacking. Why would MS release a new console earlier? Since when is console power a driving factor? This gen focus on hardware is stupid and sidetracking. The only people that care about resolution and hardware are gamers who recently discovered how stuff works. The average consumer don't care and will continue to not care. 1080 or 900p is negligible. The fact is that the same folks who are complaining about hardware now will be complaining about hardware in the future. Also the graphical gains will be even smaller next gen further increasing the level of whining. The reality is that games are the focus and will continue to be the focus regardless technical prowess. We don't need prettier versions of the same game.

You think the PS4 is winning because it has better games? Sorry, but people are more tech-savvy these days than before. To an extent resolution actually matters to people these days. Its one of the big selling points for the PS4 over the XB1. On average you can expect the PS4 version of games to run at a higher resolution than the XB1 version. The fact that both consoles are priced the same makes the purchase even easier for the consumer. The PS4 and XB1 game library share over 90% of the same games so why pick the XB1 unless you really need to play Halo?

I doubt that average gamers are more tech savvy and pay attention to resolutions to the degree SW does. Average gamers go for the games. And for the brand they think will provide said games for a decent amount of time that they don't have to invest in another console.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

@emgesp said:

You guys forget that going with X86 makes it easier than ever to transition to the next generation. BC will be standard again to make the transition very smooth for XB1 owners.

I want shorter life cycles for hardware. Take more of an Apple like approach to hardware. Maybe every 4 yrs release updated more powerful boxes that can still play the previous gen games and keep the price tag at around $299.99 - $349.99 max.

Then get a PC and upgrade at will. Console gamers don't want to continually upgrade. It's why they game on a console and not a PC.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#173 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

Other than throwing a tantrum over how badly Microsoft is once again failing in the console market with the Xbox One and wanting to once again hit the reset button, what has changed for Microsoft that will lead them to success where they have failed for the past fifteen years?

The Xbox One is bombing exactly the same way the first Xbox fifteen years ago bombed and on track to hit only 25 million worldwide unless they let console live an extra year or so beyond the first Xbox.

The Xbox One is dead all over the world outside the US and UK just like the first Xbox.

Halo and Forza are a complete joke. The rest of Microsoft's first party isn't worth mentioning.

Microsoft's dream of turning their poorly designed and dudebro targeted Xbox 360 into some sort of worldwide sales phenomenon like the Wii by bolting on a crappy Sony EyeToy clone is dead.

Microsoft hasn't developed their own internal design and manufacturing capabilities to be able to compete with Sony on hardware.

That clown 'Phil' blew the mind boggling amount of two billion on the Fing Minecraft developer. And people thought Microsoft buying Rare after they were dead was dumb. That's two billion dollars that might as well be just thrown in the garbage.

Dump the Xbox One early - piss off the tiny Xbox fanbase and developers and publishers. Launch an extremely underpowered console that will be absolutely destroyed by the PS5 that Sony can launch at their leisure?

Limp along with the Xbox One for years with its sales dwindling to insignificance while Sony locks in the majority of the third party developers and publishers? Microsoft and Sony launched their hardware at the same time and the PS4 is crushing the Xbox One in graphical power. Other than delusional fanboy hope what possible reason is there to think Microsoft will be able to do what they haven't before?

Debating when Microsoft should launch is like the fat chick trying to decide if she should wear the black dress or the red dress to the dance.

I'm sure Ballmer desperately wants another Xbox. He's not in charge of the purse strings at Microsoft anymore.