Should Microsoft AND Sony both go third party next gen?

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

With Sony's video game business model losing money with their expensive consoles and handhelds flopping, and Microsoft also not being very profitable in the console department, wouldn't it make sense for them to just develop and publish software? Microsoft consoles end up sharing most of their games with PC, and Sony franchises always end up on their handhelds.

With Nintendo having so much money in the bank that they can't fail, they really have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and a strong presence in the handheld market. People are going to want the Wii U for the popular Nintendo franchises, and Sony and Microsoft will to have to make weak systems just to compete, and then they might not sell enough to be profitable, so why not just put their software on the Wii U and PC?

Wouldn't fans of those companies be happier if they could focus on making software from the franchises you love, instead of having to compete and fail in the hardware market? Wouldn't PC fans be more happy with devs focusing on games for them that aren't watered-down ports?

It's win-win for everybody.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#2 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Microsoft would have to havegames in order to go third party. :3

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
Nintendo monopoly? I'm down.
Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

Nintendo monopoly? I'm down.ZumaJones07

Why their hardware is terrible?

They make behemoth controllers... Wait is that what you want? The world's largest controller... Wii U 2 will be a national monument in japan where everyone is the controller and there is one console...

THE SCREEN IS IN YOUR MIND! TEH INNOVATION!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Nintendo monopoly? I'm down.Banjo_Kongfooie

Why their hardware is terrible.

Only young gamers believe this since they weren't gaming in previous generations.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tikeio
Member since 2011 • 5332 Posts

Simply, NO.

And what exactly would Microsoft have to offer besides Halo and Forza? They don't own many IP's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Slashless
Beat me to it :x
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

Microsoft putting their focus on the PC platform and Sony going third party would be ideal, but Nintendo would have to get it right with their next console. If Nintendo's intention with the Wii U is to become the go to gaming platform, they have to deliver.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Banjo_Kongfooie"]

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Nintendo monopoly? I'm down.Bigboi500

Only young gamers believe this since they weren't gaming in previous generations.

SNES, N64 (even though I love the console to death), Gamecube... All came out at a later date. Nintendo never was a tech powerhouse.

The Gameboy was a pathetic piece of **** hardware wise compared to competition... Playstation consoles aside from the portables are the same way.

Microsoft are always the tech powerhouses.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Banjo_Kongfooie

Simply, NO.

And what exactly would Microsoft have to offer besides Halo and Forza? They don't own many IP's.

Tikeio

Rare IPs say hi

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts
No. No. Really really no.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
That would be lovely
gamer-adam1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamer-adam1
Member since 2008 • 4188 Posts

Sony doesn't make any games.

MS might

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bigboi500

Simply, NO.

Tikeio

Then they could focus on Kinect for PC. :)

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

With Sony's video game business model losing money with their expensive consoles and handhelds flopping, and Microsoft also not being very profitable in the console department, wouldn't it make sense for them to just develop and publish software? Microsoft consoles end up sharing most of their games with PC, and Sony franchises always end up on their handhelds.

With Nintendo having so much money in the bank that they can't fail, they really have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and a strong presence in the handheld market. People are going to want the Wii U for the popular Nintendo franchises, and Sony and Microsoft will to have to make weak systems just to compete, and then they might not sell enough to be profitable, so why not just put their software on the Wii U and PC?

Wouldn't fans of those companies be happier if they could focus on making software from the franchises you love, instead of having to compete and fail in the hardware market? Wouldn't PC fans be more happy with devs focusing on games for them that aren't watered-down ports?

Bigboi500
I'm going to assume you've never taken economics. One single company having a monopoly on gaming consoles, or anything for that matter, is usually not good. Competition drives excellence. I was also under the impression that the Xbox division has started making MS quite a healthy profit in recent years, maybe I'm mistaken. The xbox dethroning the playstation for #1 HD console is quite impressive, especially considering the massive market share that the PS2 had last generation. Also, MS's market capitalization is like 14x larger than Nintendo's. They'll spend money just to prevent other companies from gaining too much power.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bigboi500

No. No. Really really no.Ravensmash
Compelling argument. Translation: I gotta have mah Sony and Microsoft hardware just becuz!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bruin1986

I'm going to assume you've never taken economics. One single company having a monopoly on gaming consoles, or anything for that matter, is usually not good. Competition drives excellence. I was also under the impression that the Xbox division has started making MS quite a healthy profit in recent years, maybe I'm mistaken. The xbox dethroning the playstation for #1 HD console is quite impressive, especially considering the massive market share that the PS2 had last generation. Also, MS's market capitalization is like 14x larger than Nintendo's. They'll spend money just to prevent other companies from gaining too much power.

That's all in the past. The markets have changed. Sony and Microsoft really don't contribute much on their own without the help of third party software. I wonder if share holders are tired of them going up and down so much?

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

Slashless

lol, I know right? Microsoft only has...

343 Studios

Turn 10

Lionhead

Rare

(8 Kinect based studios)

(2 mobile gaming studios)

... that is their only first party. Sony would shame them.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
no, competition is good. nintendo sucks at hardware and people aren't going to want to play on pcs because they're annoying to set up the way things are now is fine
Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

Simply, NO.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Rare IPs say hi

Rare makes shovelware now. If they were going to use what they already had, they would have done so by now.

That, and the last good game they made was in 2005. Rare fell off.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

[QUOTE="Bruin1986"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Bigboi500

That's all in the past. The markets have changed. Sony and Microsoft really don't contribute much on their own without the help of third party software. I wonder if share holders are tired of them going up and down so much?

What's "all in the past"? That competition drives excellence? That has existed forever, and always will. If Nintendo has a monopoly on gaming consoles, the company WILL get lazy and stop innovating. It's 100% inevitable. Nintendo only exists to make money, just like any other company. If their product is the ONLY option for someone that wants a console, they'll stop investing as much money and resources into the product because the customer is forced to buy their product regardless. "Don't contribute much on their own"? What? Microsoft has gone a ton to change the console market. Heavy online incorporation via Xbox live being the biggest. Halo, a 1st party title, is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the explosion of the console FPS that we've seen in recent years. Kinect, regardless of how much the system wars "cool kids" (with zero knowledge of the real world) like to mock it, is a really intriguing technology that has already been adapted to numerous fields outside of gaming.
InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 InfinityMugen

I will also say that Sega was the best competitor for Nintendo because they were just as talented and made significant contributions to the gaming medium; especially arcade gaming. I feel with Sony and Microsoft they just want to sit on 3rd party support/online fees and push gimped pc's into the living room to use as a media hub.

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Slashless

343 Studios

Turn 10

Lionhead

Rare

(8 Kinect based studios)

DireOwl

tbf they also have Twisted Pixel though there current direction is unknown :P

Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Slashless

Rare makes shovelware now. If they were going to use what they already had, they would have done so by now.

Tikeio

Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise came out in 2008. :3

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Then who's going to make the hardware? Nintendo obviously sucks at that.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]Nintendo monopoly? I'm down.Bigboi500

yeah until the wii nintendo had the best controllers, i couldnt even get used to dualshocks until wii left me no other choice

DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts

[QUOTE="DireOwl"]

343 Studios

Turn 10

Lionhead

Rare

(8 Kinect based studios)

Slashless

tbf they also have Twisted Pixel though there current direction is unknown :P

True, but they made Gunstringer, so I kinda cheated and threw them in as one of the Kinect studios.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

Simply, NO.

Bigboi500

Didn't you hear? PC gamers are supposedly too "hardcore" for motion controls. :roll:

But seriously, I doubt that MS would make much profit from Kinect on PC. But that's just me...

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Bruin1986"] I'm going to assume you've never taken economics. One single company having a monopoly on gaming consoles, or anything for that matter, is usually not good. Competition drives excellence. I was also under the impression that the Xbox division has started making MS quite a healthy profit in recent years, maybe I'm mistaken. The xbox dethroning the playstation for #1 HD console is quite impressive, especially considering the massive market share that the PS2 had last generation. Also, MS's market capitalization is like 14x larger than Nintendo's. They'll spend money just to prevent other companies from gaining too much power. Bruin1986

What's "all in the past"? That competition drives excellence? That has existed forever, and always will. If Nintendo has a monopoly on gaming consoles, the company WILL get lazy and stop innovating. It's 100% inevitable. Nintendo only exists to make money, just like any other company. If their product is the ONLY option for someone that wants a console, they'll stop investing as much money and resources into the product because the customer is forced to buy their product regardless. "Don't contribute much on their own"? What? Microsoft has gone a ton to change the console market. Heavy online incorporation via Xbox live being the biggest. Halo, a 1st party title, is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the explosion of the console FPS that we've seen in recent years. Kinect, regardless of how much the system wars "cool kids" (with zero knowledge of the real world) like to mock it, is a really intriguing technology that has already been adapted to numerous fields outside of gaming.

I agree. Plus if anything, Microsoft has been making a profit on their gaming division & have been since 2008. And there's a fat chance that either MS or Sony would go 3rd party. If anything, Sony would most likely exit the gaming division more so than MS would, because MS has got plenty of money to help keep their gaming division going.

I don't see Sony going 3rd party at all. They would most likely either sell off their IP's, or just discard them off.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

Simply, NO.

Tikeio

Didn't you hear? PC gamers are supposedly too "hardcore" for motion controls. :roll:

But seriously, I doubt that MS would make much profit from Kinect on PC. But that's just me...

PC is the king of casuals. Many more casual PC gamers than anything else. It would be HUGE... HUGE!

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 InfinityMugen
[QUOTE="Bruin1986"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

I'm going to assume you've never taken economics. One single company having a monopoly on gaming consoles, or anything for that matter, is usually not good. Competition drives excellence. I was also under the impression that the Xbox division has started making MS quite a healthy profit in recent years, maybe I'm mistaken. The xbox dethroning the playstation for #1 HD console is quite impressive, especially considering the massive market share that the PS2 had last generation. Also, MS's market capitalization is like 14x larger than Nintendo's. They'll spend money just to prevent other companies from gaining too much power. Bruin1986

I'm certainly glad after getting spanked for two gens Nintendo has stepped it up with Wii and we'll see if Wii U can do the same. However Microsoft really didnt contribute much to the gaming market imo. Halo wasn't a Microsoft creation, but their insight on securing it for their system practically saved the disaster that was the Xbox 1. Kinect is also a creation that didn't originate from Microsoft but they bought to turn it into a hit. Microsoft made the investment in Live because they knew they could create a nest egg if they could get enough people to pay premium for online gaming, I'll give them credit for that. While 360 is a signifcant improvement over the predecessor, it was mainly due to Sony's arrogance and failure to secure their 3rd party exclusives.
RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
I wouldn't mind playing HALO on the Wii-U if it controls like Metroid Prime 3. (but not like Killzone 3, oh man the Move sucks soooo bad)
Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

Hm... sure.

Nintendo/MS/Sony would make the games and we all play them on the pc, why?

-vastly superior hardware (any pc you buy today outperforms a console), plus you can still upgrade it whenever you want (making it easier to upgrade it bit by bit instead of spending 600$ upfront each gen).

-k&m (the best controllers for most of the games hands down), but you can still use ANY controller

-No fees to play online, you can still subscribe thou if you want extra benefits (like ps+ free games)

-Sweet steam deals and better prices overall (Steam is god's gift to gamers)

-You can chose to purchase the game digitally or not (removes the hassle of disc swapping)

-No need to buy a full piece of hardware everytime the machine dies (YLOD, RROD)

But we all know it ain't happening, MS will stay in business because shooters sell in there (especially COD and in the USA) and Sony will stay in business because they have along with Nintendo (althou i dislike Nintendo's) better exclusives.

TwoFace-BS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TwoFace-BS
Member since 2011 • 9531 Posts
MS have no reason to And any company having a monopoly would be bad for us,even Nintendo
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
MS couldn't do it..lol
theuncharted34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 theuncharted34
Member since 2010 • 14529 Posts

Slashless

This, they can only succeed as a console maker, otherwise they have nothing to bring to the industry.

Not that they have anything right now though xD

Sony, no. We need Sony.And they'll bounce back financially next gen.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shinobi120

[QUOTE="Bruin1986"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]That's all in the past. The markets have changed. Sony and Microsoft really don't contribute much on their own without the help of third party software. I wonder if share holders are tired of them going up and down so much?

InfinityMugen

I'm certainly glad after getting spanked for two gens Nintendo has stepped it up with Wii and we'll see if Wii U can do the same. However Microsoft really didnt contribute much to the gaming market imo. Halo wasn't a Microsoft creation, but their insight on securing it for their system practically saved the disaster that was the Xbox 1. Kinect is also a creation that didn't originate from Microsoft but they bought to turn it into a hit. Microsoft made the investment in Live because they knew they could create a nest egg if they could get enough people to pay premium for online gaming, I'll give them credit for that. While 360 is a signifcant improvement over the predecessor, it was mainly due to Sony's arrogance and failure to secure their 3rd party exclusives.

You could say the same about Sony during the PS1 & PS2 days. And really, Sony didn't have any REAL competition during those two consoles because Nintendo, Sega, & Microsoft all fumbled so badly & because Sony came into the gaming division at the right time. Not only that, but they won on the PS2 mostly due to the DVD drive. They won those two gens due to luck.

If Sony had real, true competition like the Genesis Vs. SNES war, the PS3/360/Wii war, & the DS Vs. PSP war back with the PS1/N64/Saturn era, plus if Nintendo would've stuck with CD's for their 3rd console, then Sony wouldn't have even made it so far into the gaming industry.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

Simply, NO.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Rare IPs say hi

LOL....Rare....they died long ago.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

That would mean that the sheep have won System Wars. For real :P

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

Banjo_Kongfooie

SNES, N64 (even though I love the console to death), Gamecube... All came out at a later date. Nintendo never was a tech powerhouse.

The Gameboy was a pathetic piece of **** hardware wise compared to competition... Playstation consoles aside from the portables are the same way.

The Game Boy's weak power is the reason why it outsold all its competition by a large margin. Gunpei Yokoi desgined a system that had excellent battery life, was durable, and could be sold at a lower price then any of its competitors. Had it been desgined with the same power as the Game Gear, there is a large possibility it would have never gotten close to the level of success that it saw.

The SNES was superior to the Genesis in terms of graphics, sound, technical effects, and overall power. About the only edge the Genesis had was a faster processor. Despite being a huge Genesis fan and an owner of one back in the day, I will admit the SNES was the superior system.

As for the Gamecube, it was vastly superior to the PS2 and just barely falls short of matching the Xbox in terms of power.

One final thing I should note is that only the ogrinial Xbox is the tech powerhouse. The 360 is less powerful then the PS3.

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 InfinityMugen

[QUOTE="InfinityMugen"][QUOTE="Bruin1986"] What's "all in the past"? That competition drives excellence? That has existed forever, and always will. If Nintendo has a monopoly on gaming consoles, the company WILL get lazy and stop innovating. It's 100% inevitable. Nintendo only exists to make money, just like any other company. If their product is the ONLY option for someone that wants a console, they'll stop investing as much money and resources into the product because the customer is forced to buy their product regardless. "Don't contribute much on their own"? What? Microsoft has gone a ton to change the console market. Heavy online incorporation via Xbox live being the biggest. Halo, a 1st party title, is pretty much single-handedly responsible for the explosion of the console FPS that we've seen in recent years. Kinect, regardless of how much the system wars "cool kids" (with zero knowledge of the real world) like to mock it, is a really intriguing technology that has already been adapted to numerous fields outside of gaming. garland51

You could say the same about Sony during the PS1 & PS2 days. And really, Sony didn't have any REAL competition during those two consoles because Nintendo, Sega, & Microsoft all fumbled so badly & because Sony came into the gaming division at the right time. Not only that, but they won on the PS2 mostly due to the DVD drive. They won those two gens due to luck.

If Sony had real, true competition like the Genesis Vs. SNES war, the PS3/360/Wii war, & the DS Vs. PSP war back with the PS1/N64/Saturn era, plus if Nintendo would've stuck with CD's for their 3rd console, then Sony wouldn't have even made it so far into the gaming industry.

I agree with you 100%. That is why I enjoyed the competition between Sega and Nintendo during the 16 bit era. Sega was real competition and made their own contributions to push the meduim forward rather than exclusively leaning on 3rd parties.

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shinobi120

[QUOTE="garland51"]

[QUOTE="InfinityMugen"]

I'm certainly glad after getting spanked for two gens Nintendo has stepped it up with Wii and we'll see if Wii U can do the same. However Microsoft really didnt contribute much to the gaming market imo. Halo wasn't a Microsoft creation, but their insight on securing it for their system practically saved the disaster that was the Xbox 1. Kinect is also a creation that didn't originate from Microsoft but they bought to turn it into a hit. Microsoft made the investment in Live because they knew they could create a nest egg if they could get enough people to pay premium for online gaming, I'll give them credit for that. While 360 is a signifcant improvement over the predecessor, it was mainly due to Sony's arrogance and failure to secure their 3rd party exclusives.InfinityMugen

I agree with you 100%. That is why I enjoyed the competition between Sega and Nintendo during the 16 bit era. Sega was real competition and made their own contributions to push the meduim forward rather than exclusively leaning on 3rd parties.

Totally agree. Sega was awesome, by the way. :)

I just had to tell the honest truth as to why Sony won with both PS1 & PS2. They won due to luck & were just steamrolling everyone like there was no tomorrow in console sales. Everyone else had much tougher competition (Sega, Nintendo, & Microsoft), & not Sony up until with DS Vs. PSP, Wii Vs. 360 vs. PS3 war, & now with the war between 3DS Vs. Vita. That's when reality sank in for Sony that they were not invincible & didn't truly know anything about gaming. Both Nintendo & Microsoft took notes from last gen, & boom, they came back strong with both the Wii & Xbox 360.

Ravensmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ravensmash
Member since 2010 • 13862 Posts

[QUOTE="Ravensmash"]No. No. Really really no.Bigboi500

Compelling argument. Translation: I gotta have mah Sony and Microsoft hardware just becuz!

Oh look, you caught me out. But yes, I want my hobby to remain a competitive and fast moving industry.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

No need for 2 more Sega's in the market. Variety is a good thing. Plus if the only two choices of gaming were between the Wii and PC, Nintendo moght end up becoming a 3rd party dev. Most of their marketing for the Wii U focuses on that tablet controller's capabilities and so far that Zelda game (if that is a new Zelda) is the best looking thing Wii U has to offer based on what Nintendo has revealed so far. All the other games they showed loos to have dated graphics with kiddie themed games.

Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Banjo_Kongfooie

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Only young gamers believe this since they weren't gaming in previous generations.

caryslan2

The Game Boy's weak power is the reason why it outsold all its competition by a large margin. Gunpei Yokoi desgined a system that had excellent battery life, was durable, and could be sold at a lower price then any of its competitors. Had it been desgined with the same power as the Game Gear, there is a large possibility it would have never gotten close to the level of success that it saw.

The SNES was superior to the Genesis in terms of graphics, sound, technical effects, and overall power. About the only edge the Genesis had was a faster processor. Despite being a huge Genesis fan and an owner of one back in the day, I will admit the SNES was the superior system.

As for the Gamecube, it was vastly superior to the PS2 and just barely falls short of matching the Xbox in terms of power.

One final thing I should note is that only the ogrinial Xbox is the tech powerhouse. The 360 is less powerful then the PS3.

Gameboy's piece of **** tech was the reason the battery life was vastly better than the Gamegear's. You are basically admitting it's ****y technology but making excuses for the Gameboy because you love it.

SNES was stronger than the Genesis because it was out 2 whole ****ing years later and it was not vastly stronger. The CD-i and Commodore64TV were better after a year of SNES's release.

N64 (as much as I love it was out two years after the competition).

The Gamecube was released a year after the PS2 as was the Xbox... The Xbox is the stronger of the two.

Nintendo has always have inferior hardware given the options as Sony had inferior hardware in their consoles.

Tikeio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tikeio

[QUOTE="Tikeio"]

Slashless

Viva Pinata Trouble In Paradise came out in 2008. :3

I stand (un)corrected. ;)

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Bigboi500

If all software went PC they would go broke from piracy.

peterw007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 peterw007
Member since 2005 • 3653 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

ZombieKiller7

If all software went PC they would go broke from piracy.

You be thankful for the pirates...they are the ones preserving video games so that our kids and grandkids can enjoy them too.

Yes I don't expect you to understand, because all you (and video game companies) can think about is short-term profits.