Should Max Payne continue for the sake of continue or just end?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Should Max Payne continue for the sake of continue or just end? (22 votes)

Max Payne 4: The Last Airbender 41%
No, 3 was a good end, no need for more 59%

Very few movies actually go on and on. Typically the reboot them after X years and in many cases, it' s a disaster with few exceptions.

Games on the other hand, can go on and on and on. Regardless of how awful the story gets. Metal Gear Solid being a good example. 4, a disaster some folk pretend is good, but actually isn't.

Max Payne 3 ends on a high note, he stops bad folk doing bad stuff, has a beer and walks off into the sunset.

Is this a good point to end the franchise or because it's a video game, who cares, keep going?

No Caption Provided
 • 
Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

User Lists: 0

#1 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2953 Posts

They should give it sometime and comeback with a reboot in like, 2025.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

It should come back with a female for equality sake Maxine Payne sounds good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58996 Posts
@boycie said:

Sounds good man.

She won't actually shoot people, pretend to be pals then talk shit about them on the phone to other friends, who she actually hates

Day 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Well now that R* owns it, don't expect an announcement for another 5yrs and in your hands in around 10yrs. They need that time to figure out a way to monetize the shit out of the game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

Max Payne 4 is indeed need it. we need one last hurray.

Its much better than trend of teh open world going on. Max payne 3 is perfect example of why quality of game matter instead of quantity. it has by far best shooting and gameplay mechanics in any third person game ever.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#6 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2953 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@boycie said:

Sounds good man.

She won't actually shoot people, pretend to be pals then talk shit about them on the phone to other friends, who she actually hates

Day 1.

Max Strange

Life is Payne

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Modern stop/walk (for iron sights or zoomed over the shoulder views) and shoot shooters bore me. The open world fad bores me too. The games go on way too long and aren't nearly fun enough to sustain that length. I need another game like Max Payne. The fun and excitement of it is far more important to me than the story, so it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they screwed that up. This is all irrelevant, however. Why would they make another linear shooter as expensive as RDR when their open world games are far more lucrative? The western AAA pure action game is dead. People would rather play watered down RPG hybrid open world games that do a little of everything but aren't great at anything.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@boycie said:

Been there, done that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghosts4ever

@Sam3231 said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@boycie said:

Sounds good man.

Day 1.

Max Strange

Life is Payne

even they have same name but you cant compare badass Max Payne who is most depressing character in gaming history the the max caulfield of life is strange who is teenage collage girl solving mysteries.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts

I don't want Rockstar to just make open world games all the time.

Rather have another linear game from them.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I was okay with it ending with 2. I didn’t really like the third game.

At this point, I’d prefer if they just reboot the series.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#12 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I really liked MP3, and would happily play another.

didn't the studio that made it get shut down? or maybe just moved

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@DrRockso87 said:

Third game was better than second game in every way. 2 was easily worst in series.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I don't want Rockstar to just make open world games all the time.

Rather have another linear game from them.

True that. Although I wouldn't want to pay 60 bucks for their linear games, either. For me, Max Payne 3 was a 1 and done, and I have no urge to ever go back. I would go back to Max Payne 1 and 2, however; those are classics that are just way better than 3, imo.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

I’d rather wait for Agent to come out before Max Payne 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@stuff238 said:

I’d rather wait for Agent to come out before Max Payne 4.

You mean that PS3 exclusive that never came out. Do you really think Rockstar would make an exclusive these days.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#17  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

They have ruined the plot enough. Only way to bring back Max Payne is to reboot the series now. No reason to continue the story. Let it rest.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cloud_imperium
@ghosts4ever said:
@DrRockso87 said:

Third game was better than second game in every way. 2 was easily worst in series.

Two was worst despite having copy paste but improved mechanics of the first one just because there were some sections where you had to play as Mona Sax. It is always about female characters. Everything else is just an excuse to justify sexism

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@DrRockso87 said:

Two was worst despite having copy paste but improved mechanics of the first one just because there were some sections where you had to play as Mona Sax. It is always about female characters. Everything else is just an excuse to justify sexism

my friend, if it was only about female character. I would not like Portal. Portal is Excellent game and you play as female.

other than max payne 2 is less atmospheric and more easier is also the reason why i find it worst. but its not a bad game. worst in series.

watch gggmanlives review he also claim 2 is black sheep of franchise.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup

Once again Sniper has shown us the way.

Max Payne 3 is love.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Max Payne 3 is love.

peoples today are just hype by games that has insane amount of quanity but very less quality. even game is 200 hour open world with side quest. it wont worth a money if GAME DESIGN and Gameplay mechanics are not good. NEVER!!

Max payne 3 might be 8 to 10 hour game but its gameplay mechanics are just so amazing that it worth more than any other boring open world games with RPG elements.

Max Payne 4 is much needed instead of GTA 6.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3227 Posts

After what Rockstar did with Max Payne 3, I don't want any more Max Payne games again. That game was terrible for me.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

Nah. In MP3, we got a tired and equally grumpy Max Payne. Let sleeping dogs lie, and don't bother with a reboot. At this point, the first two have become classics.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3227 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:

my friend, if it was only about female character. I would not like Portal. Portal is Excellent game and you play as female.

other than max payne 2 is less atmospheric and more easier is also the reason why i find it worst. but its not a bad game. worst in series.

I may have to disagree with you Ghost. While I liked Max Payne 1 more then 2, at least MP2 was closer to MP1. Max Payne 3 in my opinion is the black sheep of the trilogy and I always felt that GGGmanlives was wrong to say that MP2 was the blacksheep.

Max Payne 3 is very different from the two because one it takes place in Brazil and only in a short flashback you play in night time New York City which disappointed me because I always felt that the night time NYC setting was right for Max Payne and not Brazil, and plus the levels in daytime also don't fit well in a Max Payne game. Then you can only carry few weapons at a time which unlike the other two games where you can carry all weapons, this game you can't which I'm not a fan of since I like to use every weapon that I find instead of being limited to only few. And finally what I really hated about Max Payne 3 are those cutscenes. Seriously every second you play the game the cutscenes shows up and they are very long and unskippable. It plays more like a movie then a actual game.

These are the main reasons why I hated MP3 so much. MP2 may not of been perfect but it was still a great game and I liked the improved bullet timing mechanics a lot in MP2.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I liked the first two games but didn't really like the third. I'm good with the series being done and I assume it is. I mean... with Rockstar releasing one new game per generation now...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46324 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

True that. Although I wouldn't want to pay 60 bucks for their linear games, either. For me, Max Payne 3 was a 1 and done, and I have no urge to ever go back. I would go back to Max Payne 1 and 2, however; those are classics that are just way better than 3, imo.

Oh man, Max Payne 3 looks amazing in 21:9, you should try it !

But yeah replayability is a bit tough, since there are very long unskippable cutscenes.

You can play arcade mode though: pure gameplay, no cutscenes.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8474 Posts

I'm torn between the options as I really love the franchise and on the other hand I know Rememdy won't have anything to do with it like MP3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

I want to see Max Payne's final journey,salvation saving the helpless as always and ending a bigger tyranny.He dies and reunites with his wife and daughter finally after decades of pain.

Final game should be full of flashbacks,Overdose of Max Payne Theme(Various instrumental),Pain and Suffering of Max,Moral Choices.Max Paynes death should be epic.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@pc_rocks said:

I'm torn between the options as I really love the franchise and on the other hand I know Rememdy won't have anything to do with it like MP3.

Remedy are not same remedy anymore. QB has terrible animation and control looks awful.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8474 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@pc_rocks said:

Remedy are not same remedy anymore. QB has terrible animation and control looks awful.

I guess we should give it to 4A Games, they are clearly at the top of the world when it comes to animation.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cloud_imperium
@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@DrRockso87 said:

Portal's main character is nothing more than avatar and I've never seen Portal in your top lists of anything.

• You say RDR is better than GTA because the latter has more female characters.
  • You like Max Payne 1 and 3 but not 2 (which is basically more refined MP1) because you play as Mona Sax.
  • You hate "movie games" yet you think Uncharted is better and Tomb Raider is worst franchise ever (despite it having deeper gameplay than Uncharted) because it has female protagonist.
  • You often praise Soldier of Fortune 2 but never praised No one lives forever 2 because of female protagonist.
  • You like STALKER because there is not even a single female character in entire game but you hate new Wolfenstein games because it has female characters.
  • You like Doom because Doom guy is a male. You will say you don't like STALKER 2 as much as first one if it is going to feature female characters.
  • You say Dishonored 1 is better than Dishonored 2 because in Dishonored 2 you can play as female.
  • and so on.

That's all what it's about buddy. You change goal posts and grasp for straws to justify it. You say you hate nudity but you don't mind vaginas even if they are in your face (and not optional) because "teh no marketingz of nudityz and they learnz from mistakeszz" (Metro Last Light and Max Payne 3). At the same time you complain about Witcher 3, a game that can be completed entirely without any sex scene and cutscenes can be skipped (unlike Max Payne 3) but suddenly it's a big issue now because there are strong female characters in it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cloud_imperium
@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@DrRockso87 said:

Yeah, black sheep because bullet time is done a bit differently. Going in brazil, taking place during day, and having cover system as well as limited amount of weapons, no grenades or melee combat of Max Payne 3 is not black sheep. Mr gggmanlives also says that Half Life 2 is overrated and Enter the Matrix is almost a masterpiece. Not to mention System Shock 2 "being annoying". And what did he say about Thief Deadly Shadows? "Best in the series".

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, black sheep because bullet time is done a bit differently. Going in brazil, taking place during day, and having cover system as well as limited amount of weapons, no grenades or melee combat of Max Payne 3 is not black sheep. Mr gggmanlives also says that Half Life 2 is overrated and Enter the Matrix is almost a masterpiece. Not to mention System Shock 2 "being annoying". And what did he say about Thief Deadly Shadows? "Best in the series".

True. The man praised Wolfenstein The New Order, a terrible, po-faced overly scripted movie game with every trope of bad modern shooters. . All of a sudden it's sequel (exact same shitty gameplay) starts virtue signaling a bunch of SJW rejects in Trumps literal, subtle as a brick Nazi America, he's against it!

It was never good. RTCW the shit.

-

However Sniper is right, Max Payne 3 is the shit, and many just hated on it before it was even released. Perfect? Nope. Wall cover is pointless. Could have done with less on-da-rail Die Hard sections. But on a whole, a bad ass game designed for men.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Portal's main character is nothing more than avatar and I've never seen Portal in your top lists of anything.

• You say RDR is better than GTA because the latter has more female characters.
  • You like Max Payne 1 and 3 but not 2 (which is basically more refined MP1) because you play as Mona Sax.
  • You hate "movie games" yet you think Uncharted is better and Tomb Raider is worst franchise ever (despite it having deeper gameplay than Uncharted) because it has female protagonist.
  • You often praise Soldier of Fortune 2 but never praised No one lives forever 2 because of female protagonist.
  • You like STALKER because there is not even a single female character in entire game but you hate new Wolfenstein games because it has female characters.
  • You like Doom because Doom guy is a male. You will say you don't like STALKER 2 as much as first one if it is going to feature female characters.
  • You say Dishonored 1 is better than Dishonored 2 because in Dishonored 2 you can play as female.
  • and so on.

That's all what it's about buddy. You change goal posts and grasp for straws to justify it. You say you hate nudity but you don't mind vaginas even if they are in your face (and not optional) because "teh no marketingz of nudityz and they learnz from mistakeszz" (Metro Last Light and Max Payne 3). At the same time you complain about Witcher 3, a game that can be completed entirely without any sex scene and cutscenes can be skipped (unlike Max Payne 3) but suddenly it's a big issue now because there are strong female characters in it.

my friend, its called coincide.

I tried NOLF 2 the legit free version and i didnot liked it. its shooting suck, its stealth is broken, its AI suck, its level design was bland and so fourth.

I like Stalker not because all men in zone but because its most unique and atmospheric game ever ever. and i will like STALKER 2 too even they include few female stalkers but main character will still be male.

also best female character in gaming to me is SHODAN. she is one of the best character imo.

having cover system

Which is entirely pointless because you dont have to use cover system neither it force on us. MP3 is far more challenging game than 2 which i played first time i was child and i barely died.

as well as limited amount of weapons, no grenades or melee combat of Max Payne 3 is not black sheep

They aim for realism so it makes sense. and it works. max rifle on his one hand and pistol on other where he shoot and it looks badass. MP1 also donot have meelee so meelee never play any role. however i missed grenade but still

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I want Max to be able to carry more weapons than in 3, but I also don't want an unrealistic arsenal with guns that I don't see on my character, like in the previous games, in my gritty hard boiled action game. That's just dumb, and it disappoints me that so many people want this cartoon mechanic in a noir like Max Payne. Max could realistically carry a second two-handed weapon like a rifle or shotgun and another sidearm. The cover system isn't useless. I rarely use it, but I don't see any reason to throw it out. What else would I use my Q key for? The melee button and grenades from the multiplayer should absolutely be brought to the single player of MP4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

They should reboot 3. 3 wasn't that great.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

I'd be inclined to go with poll option number 2, but there's no other (recent) third person shooter that felt as satisfying as Max Payne 3 does.

So, gimme the dumb unneeded sequel if that would mean I'd be getting my good tps fix.