Should I sell my Wii? Looks like it aint gonna get any games

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

After the E3 presentation and no new anouncements from 3rd paties made me feel like I should just sell my Wii. I aint gonna play any any games on it for the next months especially after playing Mario Galaxy.

I have no interest in these Wii "waggle like a special kid" games. The only game I'm interested thats coming to the Wii is madworld which looks ok. I dont like the Idea of the game being built around a "game show" theme.

Nintendo seems like they are focusing on the casual market.

And I think this is the best time to sell my Wii while its still hard to find and costs $250. Or give it to this girl I like. I wanted to be a multiconsole owner but I have no reason to own a Wii. Theres just no games.

beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 beast667
Member since 2005 • 3397 Posts
Do what you want. Not like it effects any of us.
Norule04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Norule04
Member since 2004 • 8985 Posts

You know I was thinking of doing the same thing. I wanted to buy a ps3 instead, but since ps3 isn't getting any PS2 BC anymore I'm doubting....

god why are nintendo and sony doing their best for me NOT to enjoy their consoles. At least MS is giving me what I want

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
I gots a list of 30+ quality looking titles coming? Wanna looky?
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beast667

You know I was thinking of doing the same thing. I wanted to buy a ps3 instead, but since ps3 isn't getting any PS2 BC anymore I'm doubting....

god why are nintendo and sony doing their best for me NOT to enjoy their consoles. At least MS is giving me what I want

Norule04
You could always get a used 60gb. I've been thinking about selling my 40gb and getting a used 60gb so I can finally get rid of my PS2
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tamarind_Face

I gots a list of 30+ quality looking titles coming? Wanna looky?air_wolf_cubed

dont bother... I know what games are coming to the Wii. And I dont want this thread to end up into list wars. If you own a PS3 and 360 you'll know how I feel.

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts

yea please, oh and i would want an exclusive list too if you mind

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

Fanboys ignore games if they aren't annouced at E3

MadWorld says Hi.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GundamGuy0

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ quality looking titles coming? Wanna looky?Tamarind_Face

dont bother... I know what games are coming to the Wii. And I dont want this thread to end up into list wars. If you own a PS3 and 360 you'll know how I feel.

Um... No not really... I'm not conneced to your mind threw the PS3... ... Am I using the Cell wrong or something?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ quality looking titles coming? Wanna looky?GundamGuy0

MadWorld says High.

quoted for troof
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tamarind_Face

Norule04

Why would you ant ps2 bc when PS2 games look like crap on a HDTV and most have technical issues?

How can you enjoy PS3 when you dont even own one? and another if you like 360's games then I wonder why you wouldnt withh PS3's?

Crackdown,GTA(sandbox) = Infamous

COD4, Halo 3(shooters) = Killzone 2, Resistance 2

PGR4 = Motorstorm 2

etc etc etc and more.

Norule04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Norule04
[QUOTE="Norule04"]

beast667

You could always get a used 60gb. I've been thinking about selling my 40gb and getting a used 60gb so I can finally get rid of my PS2

I live in Europe and there aren't that many 60 gigs on sale here at ebay and the amount of money they ask for it. Damn

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
Yes, sell it. It's the only logical thing to do.
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
dont sell, i sold mine....a week before galaxy came out >_>
Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Tamarind_Face

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ quality looking titles coming? Wanna looky?GundamGuy0

MadWorld says Hi.

I mentioned Madworld in my OP. It looks ok but I aint gonna play it till next yr. And my wii is seriously collecting dust. I dont want to turn it on next yr and be surprised its not working bec of all the dust its collecting.

I would rather let other people enjoy it rather than it sitting under my sdtv.

GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GundamGuy0
[QUOTE="GundamGuy0"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ quality looking titles coming? Wanna looky?Tamarind_Face

MadWorld says Hi.

I mentioned Madworld in my OP. It looks ok but I aint gonna play it till next yr. And my wii is seriously collecting dust. I dont want to turn it on next yr and be surprised its not working bec of all the dust its collecting.

I would rather let other people enjoy it rather than it sitting under my sdtv.

Fair enough, so play GC games on it, Or use the VC and or Wiiware services. Not Wii games, but stuff that'll keep you busy if you let it.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 devious742
Member since 2003 • 3924 Posts

After the E3 presentation and no new anouncements from 3rd paties made me feel like I should just sell my Wii. I aint gonna play any any games on it for the next months especially after playing Mario Galaxy.

I have no interest in these Wii "waggle like a special kid" games. The only game I'm interested thats coming to the Wii is madworld which looks ok. I dont like the Idea of the game being built around a "game show" theme.

And I think this is the best time to sell my Wii while its still hard to find and costs $250. Or give it to this girl I like. I wanted to be a multiconsole owner but I have no reason to own a Wii. Theres just no games.

Tamarind_Face

i agree with you the Wii has no games....why keep...since you dont want it...give it to me....come on who's going to want it...pff that girl..if you really liked her..you wouldnt give it to her.. here is whats going to happen

Day 1: she is happy for the Wii...start to like u

day 2: she plays the wii and has a blast

day3: she passed all wii games

Day 4: gets bored and hates it..

Day 5: start hating you for giving her a "Bad gift" ...so she goes to your house and gives it back and says"keep your crap to yourself you jerk"

see.. i know this...ive seen it happen many times...look the only solution to your predicament..is to give it to me :P

i will pay for the shipping.. just sent it to me...C'mon.. you dont want it...I BET YOU NO ONE WILL BUY IT FROM YOU SINCE IT HAS TO NO GAMES!! QUOTE ME ON THAT;) ...why do i want it?? you ask... cause i try to help my fellow man anyway I can :)

Norule04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Norule04
[QUOTE="Norule04"]

Tamarind_Face

Why would you ant ps2 bc when PS2 games look like crap on a HDTV and most have technical issues?

How can you enjoy PS3 when you dont even own one? and another if you like 360's games then I wonder why you wouldnt withh PS3's?

Crackdown,GTA(sandbox) = Infamous

COD4, Halo 3(shooters) = Killzone 2, Resistance 2

PGR4 = Motorstorm 2

etc etc etc and more.

I always wanted to play the some of the PS2 classics but I didn't have a lot of money back then to buy one. Now I have a samsung tv and anything that's scart looks fugly on it, colour bleeding, ghosting etc you don't want to know. It has to be at least component or HDMI, so i'd much rather buy a ps3.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 air_wolf_cubed

I dont see what the point of owning a Wii is if your just gunna compare it to the other 2 and say all the upcoming titles arent worth it. Seriously why are you asking if you should sell it if the answer is clearly obvious in your mind?
beast667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 beast667

not really, I have all three and I'm pretty content.

Just sell it if you want, you can get some money for that Wii on ebay.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?air_wolf_cubed

Fixed and no thanks.

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 12345yon

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?heretrix

Fixed and no thanks.

lolz, air_wolf didnt put the list, post the list and then i will believe you, with exclusives

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?heretrix

Fixed and no thanks.

??? you had to change what i said for pwnage? :lol: :lol: :lol: system wars
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 12345yon
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?air_wolf_cubed

Fixed and no thanks.

}

the list?

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?12345yon

Fixed and no thanks.

lolz, air_wolf didnt put the list, post the list and then i will believe you, with exclusives

Fatal Frame 4 Disaster Wario Land Animal Crossing Deadly Creatures MadWorld Animales de la Morte The Conduit Castlevania Fragile Sadness Spore Dead Rising FF;CC MLB Power Pros 2008 Skate it Legend of the Dragon Sword Little Kings Story ToS2 Star Wars Clone Wars Mushroom Men De Blob Face Breaker Kore Rune Factory Tenchu 4 Rygar Sim City Creator Sky Crawlers Spy Borgs Arc Rise Monster Hunter 3
devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 devious742
[QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?air_wolf_cubed

Fixed and no thanks.

Fatal Frame 4 Disaster Wario Land Animal Crossing Deadly Creatures MadWorld Animales de la Morte The Conduit Castlevania Fragile Sadness Spore Dead Rising FF;CC MLB Power Pros 2008 Skate it Legend of the Dragon Sword Little Kings Story ToS2 Star Wars Clone Wars Mushroom Men De Blob Face Breaker Kore Rune Factory Tenchu 4 Rygar Sim City Creator Sky Crawlers Spy Borgs Arc Rise Monster Hunter 3

good list:P (not being sarcastic)

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Goat_Azz
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts
Do it , do it now. i did it to mine. and dont giv it to the girls its stupid.
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 12345yon

Fixed and no thanks.

half of those games are coming at the end of this year or the next, like the ps3 exclusives -.-, sadness seems to be dead, dead rising is coming at the end of this year, spore have just been announced, you need wii fit to play skate, dragon sword is already out, Monster hunter 3 doesnt have atleast a trailer, so maybe it will come next year. Madworld is the only 1 i will buy O_0

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
Simple answer... No.
50shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 50shot
Member since 2003 • 8359 Posts

And I think this is the best time to sell my Wii while its still hard to find and costs $250. Or give it to this girl I like. I wanted to be a multiconsole owner but I have no reason to own a Wii. Theres just no games.Tamarind_Face

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 12345yon
you forgot to add ninjabread man, spy games, and VC consoles that i can get cheaper
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts

you need wii fit to play skate 12345yon

Completely WRONG!!

you forgot to add ninjabread man, spy games, and VC consoles that i can get cheaper12345yon

That was just stupid and fanboyotic.

eklineage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 eklineage
Member since 2008 • 2413 Posts

sell it ....doesnt matter for me. ur loss

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"]

Fixed and no thanks.

Is that what you thought I was doing? I thought I was pretty straightforward in my correction. How is it not true?
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 heretrix

Fixed and no thanks.

See? It was exactly what I said. A bunch of games that you hope will be good, but really have no way of knowing for sure. I wasn't trying to be funny, I was just being honest. You have absolutely no way of knowing that all 30 of those games are going to be quality.

The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Goat_Azz
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Fixed and no thanks.

Is that what you thought I was doing? I thought I was pretty straightforward in my correction. How is it not true?

he didnt get it. all the games were crap

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?The_Goat_Azz

Fixed and no thanks.

...link?
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Fixed and no thanks.

See? It was exactly what I said. A bunch of games that you hope will be good, but really have no way of knowing for sure. I wasn't trying to be funny, I was just being honest. You have absolutely no way of knowing that all 30 of those games are going to be quality.

nor can you say they all suck without having played them
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 The_Goat_Azz
[QUOTE="The_Goat_Azz"][QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Fixed and no thanks.

...link?

u show me the link that the games will be good, not even good but at least not as rubbish as other wii titles.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 air_wolf_cubed
i cant cause they arent review yet....
The_Goat_Azz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The_Goat_Azz

i cant cause they arent review yet....air_wolf_cubed

ok then, i can say they will be crap from looking at previous games of those listed and as usually, games that arent that hyped or popular never score that big like these on the wii. he basically just listed games that were coming out but not the quality games.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 air_wolf_cubed

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]i cant cause they arent review yet....The_Goat_Azz

ok then, i can say they will be crap from looking at previous games of those listed and as usually, games that arent that hyped or popular never score that big like these on the wii. he basically just listed games that were coming out but not the quality games.

do you really think those kind of arguments are convincing? *waits for another one of your intelligent responses*
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts

Fixed and no thanks.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 heretrix
[QUOTE="heretrix"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Fixed and no thanks.

nor can you say they all suck without having played them

I never said they will all be crap.

air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 air_wolf_cubed
[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

[QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"]I gots a list of 30+ titles that I think are good but most will turn out to be crap. Wanna looky?DireToad

Fixed and no thanks.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

System Wars *lowers head in disappointment*
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
[QUOTE="DireToad"][QUOTE="air_wolf_cubed"][QUOTE="12345yon"][QUOTE="heretrix"]

Fixed and no thanks.

System Wars *lowers head in disappointment*

Yeah because of your list of considered "good" games.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 air_wolf_cubed
yupper doodles :)
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#48 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

I feel sry for air wolf. So ima help him out. Iwont put games like the Zelda Wii title on the list cause those games arent in anyones view as of yet.

Wii Love Golf
MLB Power Pros
Sam and Max:Season One
Mario Sluggers
Brothers In Arms:Double Time
Tiger Woods
Harvest Moon
Facebreaker
Monster Lab
Star Wars:Forced Unleashed
De Blob
Wario Land
Call Of Duty
Castlevania
Deadly Creatures
Line Rider
Mushroom Men
Naruto Clash of Ninja 2
Animal Crossing
Little Kings Story
Rygar
Shaun White Snowboarding
Skate It
Staw Wars Clone Wars
Tales of Symphonia 2 (Main reason I will never sell my Wii)
Wii Music

I dont know any other games other than those coming out this year than those, otherthen some other multiplats. Butreally if you dont think your buying anything of those game.....i dont know why you bought a Wii in the first place.

devious742

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 devious742

u show me the link that the games will be good, not even good but at least not as rubbish as other wii titles.

The_Goat_Azz

Fatal Frame 4-
Disaster
Wario Land

Animal Crossing - the series in which you plant trees, fish, and buy and sell goods in order to gentrify your personal town -- will make its way to Wii. As in the GameCube and DS games before it,- these are the score for the Gc version..
Electronic Gaming Monthly 9.17/10
IGN 9.1/10
GameSpot 8.1/10
GameSpy 8.1/10
Nintendo Power 4.4/5
GamePro 4.5/5

Animal Crossing: City Folk looks very similar to the DS version of the game, but it nonetheless remains a highly anticipated title on our retail radar. The game currently has a Q4 2008 release date for the US and Europe, so we hope to see it released before the end of the year. gamespot

Deadly Creatures

MadWorld - IGN Mad World has skyrocketed to the tip-top of our most wanted list and we are officially putting all Wii owners on (blood) red alert: prepare to go 'Mad'

Animales de la Morte
The Conduit
Castlevania judgement-

Castlevania Judgment will offer a change of pace for the action adventure franchise when it hits stores later this year. If Konami manage to hit the right buttons when it comes to solid gameplay, controls, characters, and visual appeal, Judgment may even go on to create its own spin-off series in the process. -GameSpot

Fragile
Sadness

Spore - At E3 2005, the game won the following Game Critics Awards: Best of Show, Best Original Game, Best PC Game, and Best Simulation Game. At E3 2006, Spore was awarded the following Game Critics Awards: Best PC Game, Best Original Game, and Best Simulation

Dead Rising-

The new port, called Dead Rising: Zombie Sacrifice in Japan, will feature all manner of new features and expanded gameplay

FF;CC
MLB Power Pros 2008
Skate it
Legend of the Dragon Sword
Little Kings Story
ToS2
Star Wars Clone Wars -

As if that doesn't sound cool enough, the game looks amazing and captures the exact look of the upcoming film and television shows. The characters are clearly drawn, they animate fluidly, and occasionally, they even crackle with Force power as they unleash devastating attacks on one another. This includes the ability to lift up environmental objects with the Force and hurl them in the direction of foes. If you think that sounds like a nifty environmental detail, you should have seen the level on display. At first, it seemed like a normal battle on a sky-high platform in a sky-high city. Then the first round ended and calamity struck in the form of a falling space ship. It struck the platform's support column, and sent the whole thing crashing down, down, down, as the Jedi pressed on with their dire battle. It looked epic, and so does Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels for the Wii. Although there's still a lot that we don't know about this game, we look forward to training with it when it hits store shelves in the 2008 holiday season. May the Force be with it.-GameSpot

Mushroom Men
De Blob - De Blob is a solid game and introduces some original game mechanics, themes, and art ****. But as a whole, it's developing into quite an interesting and unusual experience, combining the equivalent of modernized finger painting with the fun of music composition within an open-ended world and experience. We'll be following this quirky but endearing game's development with interest. gamespot

At de close of our demo, we were sad to see de Blob go. It's insanely addictive and there's always something to do, which makes for a satisfying experience. De Blob is a game for all ages and all gamers. Casual or hardcore, there's no denying de Blob. gamepro

THQ's platformer has gone from a neat concept that lacked a certain polish to a game that has sleeper all over it, as far as we're concerned. The gameplay mechanics have always been intriguing. Now, though, the title boasts a super-smooth framerate, beautiful new visual effects and an inspired, dynamic soundtrack to match IGN

Face Breaker
Kore
Rune Factory
Tenchu 4
Rygar
Sim City Creator
Sky Crawlers
Spy Borgs
Arc Rise
Monster Hunter 3 -The Monster Hunter series is big in Japan--Monster Hunter Freedom for the PlayStation Portable was the first PSP game to sell over a million copies there, and the series has shipped over 4.5 million units worldwide.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World -

Dawn of the New World is shaping up as a nice role-playing game for those of us who still hold a lot of affection for the Symphonia characters and world. We're anticipating this Wii adventure in fall 2008, so keep watching this gamespace for the latest news. -GameSpot

1UP: Of all the Tales games currently available, why did you choose Symphonia for a sequel?

TK: Tales of Symphonia was the greatest critical success we've had, one that was truly international in nature. Overall it achieved the greatest response we've got from the North American and Japanese marketplace combined, something we felt was a priority to us. Also, we had a very engaging story and set of characters to work with, and we felt that leaving Symphonia as it was would be a terrible waste. We chose Symphonia for this sequel effort because we felt it'd be the best response to all the people who praised the original. -1up

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
do it soon and you could possibly sell it for only a small loss.