seriously, PS3 is a great console, even for its price

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Warp_2567
Member since 2004 • 11701 Posts
seriously, I wouldn't buy into this negative news/hype its been receiving....complete bullcrap I must say. 
the console itself is great, and Resistance is underrated as well....Best online FPS out right now IMO.
If you have all three consoles, you'll realize that they all specialize in different areas which justifies their prices. For instance, the Wii specializes in interactive gameplay as well as fun party games. The 360 specializes in online gameplay and great graphics. The PS3 specializes in multimedia, online interaction, and great graphics.
but I don't expect fanboys to read this, and they'll probably cross this whole paragrah out and say "TCHB0" 
o well
MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MR_SMI13Y
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts
Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.
Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts
it just needs the killer app we've all been waiting for...MGS4 :)
firestorm91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 firestorm91
Member since 2006 • 4538 Posts
You're right on the last line there. I do believe it's good for it's price but I also believe that many people will not be able to use most of the features the PS3 offers.
MCGSMB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MCGSMB
Member since 2007 • 2149 Posts
Even though you say all these things, the fact remains that it costs 600 dollars, which is more than the average consumer is willing to pay.
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Warp_2567
Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.MR_SMI13Y
well the bad thing about the new PS3 model that will be released is that it won't have any backwards compatiblity, but it will have a 80 gig hardrive and the games will look a tad bit better. 
So....if you want B/C, then get a PS3 now
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

Good? Maybe.

Overpriced? Most definitely. 

MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MR_SMI13Y

[QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.Warp_2567
well the bad thing about the new PS3 model that will be released is that it won't have any backwards compatiblity, but it will have a 80 gig hardrive and the games will look a tad bit better.

REally. BC is one of the main reasons I want to get a ps3 since I never got a ps2. 

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts
In all honesty, i think it has some good games right now, its not doing as bad as the media and fanboys may make people think but like most said, the games most definatly dont justify the 600 price tag, thats alot of money for a gaming console.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

[QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.Warp_2567

And where did you get this never been announced news?  

MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MR_SMI13Y

Good? Maybe.

Warfust
I would not say its overpriced. Look at the bigger picture in what your really buying. A 360 with all those features is probably 100 dollars more.
gamer0100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 gamer0100
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
Its shiny. Games look shiny. Blu-ray looks shiny. Its a shiny console and it great to look at. That is the only thing it appeals to with me. Theres nothing i want to play on it.
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Warp_2567

[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.MR_SMI13Y

REally. BC is one of the main reasons I want to get a ps3 since I never got a ps2. 

Yea, the new PS3 model will not have the chip inside that gives it BC. Instead, they will replace it with a slightly modified chip that gives it a little more processing power. I even confirmed this with an employee at GameCrazy, who told me that.
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

yea its a great console for its price

0 AAA exlusive and 1 exlusive AA.

sweet

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

That model was only released in Korea I think. And the new ones do have backwards compatability through emulation with over 1000 games working now. Just like 360 more and more will be compatible with updates too. 

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Warp_2567

[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.Lazy_Boy88

That model was only released in Korea I think. And the new ones do have backwards compatability through emulation with over 1000 games working now. Just like 360 more and more will be compatible with updates too. 

hmmm well maybe I have to research more about it since I had an employee at GameCrazy tell me this. He made it sound like the new PS3 models that are releasing in NA will not have BC. 
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Warp_2567

yea its a great console for its price

0 AAA exlusive and 1 exlusive AA.

sweet

tree-branch
the console itself is great. The games are good enough imo.....just try out resistance if you can

bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
[QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]

[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.Warp_2567

Yea, the new PS3 model will not have the chip inside that gives it BC. Instead, they will replace it with a slightly modified chip that gives it a little more processing power. I even confirmed this with an employee at GameCrazy, who told me that.

Wow you are misinformed. And why do you confirm your info with game store employees, some are equally uninformed too. Best place for info is either that game console's forum or SW.

Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Warp_2567
[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]

[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.bsin94

Wow you are misinformed. And why do you confirm your info with game store employees, some are equally uninformed too. Best place for info is either that game console's forum or SW.

gamesites would be the best place for info......and SW? lol....I doubt its a reliable source of information. So, do you know for sure that I'm misinformed?
diggyzoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 diggyzoom
Member since 2005 • 19616 Posts

It is too early to throw around "great". I am sure it will get there after a price drop and better games. People won't be able to deny it then.

MR_SMI13Y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MR_SMI13Y
[QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]

[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.Warp_2567

So they are remaking the cell and u got this info from a gamecrazy employee. Today is your lucky day. I will teach u something that can affect u ur whole life. DOnt ever believe everything u hear from game store employees. More than half the time they are full of s***. 

bsin94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bsin94
Member since 2005 • 1497 Posts
[QUOTE="bsin94"][QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]

gamesites would be the best place for info......and SW? lol....I doubt its a reliable source of information. So, do you know for sure that I'm misinformed?

Trust me, whenever news is released, SW is where it usually shows up first.  

JiveT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 JiveT
Member since 2005 • 8619 Posts
Sony did a good job with the PS3 in terms of making a cheap Blu-ray player and its a huge step up from the PS2 but unfortunately the competition in the form of the 360 is trouncing it as an overall gaming machine. I like the fact it comes with rechargeable controllers, wifi, blu-ray, and a good sized hard drive that allows you add another third party one if you choose but for now I'm holding out for a price drop.
Warp_2567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Warp_2567
[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="bsin94"][QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]

[QUOTE="Warp_2567"][QUOTE="MR_SMI13Y"]Its a great console but its better to make the jump in 2008 when more of its bigger games have been released.bsin94

Trust me, whenever news is released, SW is where it usually shows up first.  

well, as long as someone posts a link to a reliable site, then yea...its legit....otherwise.....
Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts
seriously, I wouldn't buy into this negative news/hype its been receiving....complete bullcrap I must say. 
the console itself is great, and Resistance is underrated as well....Best online FPS out right now IMO.
If you have all three consoles, you'll realize that they all specialize in different areas which justifies their prices. For instance, the Wii specializes in interactive gameplay as well as fun party games. The 360 specializes in online gameplay and great graphics. The PS3 specializes in multimedia, online interaction, and great graphics.
but I don't expect fanboys to read this, and they'll probably cross this whole paragrah out and say "TCHB0" 
o wellWarp_2567
I got a PS3 last week and am enjoying RFOM.  I can't wait for NGS on June 26 and Lair, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, and Haze are all looking nice.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
Its a very good system thats for sure. I mean so far since launch not much news of anything faulty for the system, and it is a reliable machine, only thing hurting it, is the price tag, and not having much games. I think it has alot of good games RFOM and Oblivion leading the pack but yeah its small library needs to be added to. Its coming though, only ppl saying the machine is a failure is those who are fanboys or those who dont own one, but fact is the ppl that really own one, actually know its a great system.
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Needs better games.
kvnmitnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kvnmitnick
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

Good? Maybe.

Warfust

Good? Sure.

Overpriced? Definitely not. The price is actually set low for what your given, maybe they put just too much into it, that's another thing.

kvnmitnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kvnmitnick
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

Needs better games.lucas_kelly

Yes, guys who don't like the console will always say that,

but actually you've got some good games out right now. 

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts
I stopped reading when the TC said RFOM is the best FPS out right now
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#31 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

it IS a good console, it's just over-priced, it has less of the great games people are expecting,..bottom line it's just too expensive for the average consumer as someone said. you can't expect everyone else to buy it by saying, "cant afford it? get a job." how about no? because not everyone is willing to work their a$$es for a game console, when they can buy a cheaper one (360) with more games and online play no less.

it's just overpriced. and right now, not everyone thinks well of blue ray. i mean, most people have DVD, you can't expect them to change to blue ray just yet.

_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts
the ps3 is yes and awesome console. people critisize it just cuz of the press. if any person actually plays it 90% of them will think its good or cool. it isn't showing its true colours yet cuz the good games (hyped) are yet to come. then we will see
hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
Lack of games i like the look of puts me off atm.  The console is fine as it is, the price need cutting, and the controller needs re-designing, and there needs to be a decent online network, and there needs to be some exclusive AAA's.  Yep i think thats it.
redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

o wellWarp_2567

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Supply-and-demand.svg

Look, the PS3 is at the very top of the "D1" right now, things such as branding and advertisng help but since sony can't make a good adverisment to save their lives......

Untill a price drop comes there is no way it can appeal to the mass market the way the wii has and to some extent the 360. 

redstormrisen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 redstormrisen
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

o wellWarp_2567

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Supply-and-demand.svg

Look, the PS3 is at the very top of the "D1" right now, things such as branding and advertisng help but since sony can't make a good adverisment to save their lives......

Untill a price drop comes there is no way it can appeal to the mass market the way the wii has and to some extent the 360. 

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I bought a PS3 yesterday and I love it. Awesome console.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I stopped reading when the TC said RFOM is the best FPS out right nowParadiddleFill

I wouldnt go that far and say its the best fps out there, but I will say that I think it is as fun as any fps out there right now for next gen systems. Multiplayer is where RFOM shines, and is the first game to introduce the bubble grenade and the spike grenades, which halo 3 has now, so just for halo 3 having those, I think bungie seen that Insomniac had a few great ideas and added it into there game to make halo 3 even better, with variety of weapons.

ParadiddleFill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ParadiddleFill
Member since 2007 • 3506 Posts

[QUOTE="ParadiddleFill"]I stopped reading when the TC said RFOM is the best FPS out right nowsquallff8_fan

I wouldnt go that far and say its the best fps out there, but I will say that I think it is as fun as any fps out there right now for next gen systems. Multiplayer is where RFOM shines, and is the first game to introduce the bubble grenade and the spike grenades, which halo 3 has now, so just for halo 3 having those, I think bungie seen that Insomniac had a few great ideas and added it into there game to make halo 3 even better, with variety of weapons.

Im not saying RFOM is a bad game but its nowhere near the best fps out there