Scorpio: Short Teaser ( Feel True Power)

• 115 results
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@commander: So, what you're saying is, you're excited for Scorpio but you don't and won't care about graphics? I'm glad we got that out of the way.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#102  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@commander: So, what you're saying is, you're excited for Scorpio but you don't and won't care about graphics? I'm glad we got that out of the way.

of course I care about graphics but I also care about convenience, security and standardization.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Shewgenja

@commander: Then I don't know why you interjected on a conversation that was very clearly about graphics and graphical performance. Like I reiterate, 6ish tflops isn't new territory. In fact, double that is readily available.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 commander

@Shewgenja said:

@commander: Then I don't know why you interjected on a conversation that was very clearly about graphics and graphical performance. Like I reiterate, 6ish tflops isn't new territory. In fact, double that is readily available.

not in a console

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Scorpio has 6 TFLOPS FP32 with double subword Int16/FP16 which increases data processing for Int16/FP16 while keeping math operation per cycle rate the same.

PS4 Pro has 4.2 TFLOPS FP32 with double math operation per cycle rate for Int16/FP16

Proper FP16 feature is missing for GP104 and GP102, but has Int16.

Scorpio is the first PolarisPlus GPU with more than 300 Gbps memory bandwidth and with L2 cache being use for 4K rendering.

PS4 Pro has PolarisPlus GPU with Vega NCU and old school Polaris cache/memory subsystem i.e. Pixel Engine not connected to L2 cache.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Shewgenja

@ronvalencia: And at the snd of July, Vega will be here. Wee!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 commander

@ronvalencia said:
@Shewgenja said:

Scorpio has 6 TFLOPS FP32 with double subword Int16/FP16 which increases data processing for Int16/FP16 while keeping math operation per cycle rate the same.

PS4 Pro has 4.2 TFLOPS FP32 with double subword Int16/FP16 which increases data processing for Int16/FP16 with double math operation per cycle rate.

Scorpio is the first PolarisPlus GPU with more than 300 Gbps memory bandwidth and with L2 cache being use for 4K rendering.

you may want to start with the sentence that the scorpio will get more out of that 6tflops than any pc gpu would.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By ronvalencia

@AzatiS said:
@ronvalencia said:
@AzatiS said:
@Pedro said:

I am not sure what consensus on how powerful people think is based of off. Its going to be a faster Xbox One. That is all. Nothing more nothing less. Its more of a symbol in MS new direction than a ground breaking piece of hardware.

It will be a more fresh and powerful version of PS4 PRO more than anything. Thats what MS aiming imho. And for people to understand that Scorpio is a way better version of PS4 PRO for marketing reasons , MS will run on similar tech as PS4 PRO.

For example , RAM ! PS4 PRO has X amount of THIS specific ram , look at our product , It has X amount of the same specific RAM. That will be the case for all main parts imo. With that in mind will be easy even for the most casual gamer to understand that Scorpio is better than PS4 PRO head 2 head.

The similarities of both with be way more than people think for marketing reasons i beleive ( and with what we know thus far even though i predicted all that before i know shit about Scorpio ).

Geforce 1030 run on similar tech as Titan XP and it doesn't mean they have similar performance.

The difference between PS4 Pro and Scorpio is like RX-470 to GeForce GTX 980 Ti. Scorpio has changes to L2 cache usage and memory setup.

we will see soon , youll get what i mean when we have specs , maybe im off but i really think the differences between PS4 PRO and Scorpio wont be day and night like most people beleive.

RX-470 will run the same games as with any future Vega 11 i.e. Polaris 10 size chip with Vega NCU and Pixel Engine connected to L2 cache.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

We quadrupled the GPU L2 cache size, again for targeting the 4K performance."

XBO version is already tiled render game and GPU's 2MB L2 cache was used to reach 4K in addition to GPU's allocated "more than 300 Gbps memory bandwidth".

Existing AMD GPU's pixel engines are not even connected to L2 cache. MS selected Vega's second major improvement which is not NCU.

When you have a rendering chain like 2 MB L2 cache <--> "more than 300 Gbps memory bandwidth" with 6 TFLOPS GPU, that's effectively cloning GTX 980 Ti's cache/memory setup.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Shewgenja said:

PS4 Pro has 4.2 TFLOPS FP32 with double subword Int16/FP16 which increases data processing for Int16/FP16 with double math operation per cycle rate.

you may want to start with the sentence that the scorpio will get more out of that 6tflops than any pc gpu would.

GTX 980 Ti's 6 TFLOPS result is the closest version.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By ronvalencia

@Shewgenja said:

Apple has Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB and Vega 64 16 GB before PC market.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-pro-vega-56-and-vega-64-spotted-in-imac-pro-specs

https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/specs/

Hopefully, MS releases new Surface Studio SKUs with new GPUs e.g. GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#111 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
@ronvalencia said:
@Shewgenja said:

Apple has Radeon Pro Vega 56 8 GB and Vega 64 16 GB before PC market.

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-radeon-pro-vega-56-and-vega-64-spotted-in-imac-pro-specs

https://www.apple.com/imac-pro/specs/

Hopefully, MS releases new Surface Studio SKUs with new GPUs e.g. GTX 1080 and 1080 Ti.

That is what has kept me from getting the Surface Studio, waiting for a spec bump and newer gpu's to drive that awesome display.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I do feel the true power. On PC.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

Yeah, who ever has cared about power in a console...sheeze

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ronvalencia

@AdobeArtist said:

Only if the owned GPU is greater than GTX 1060 or RX-580 or R9-390X. Anything less is just cheer squad.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I think $399 is all but guaranteed at this point. They killed themselves launching at 500. They would be dumb to make the same mistake twice.