Say what you will, the Wii has won this gen.

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

The Wii has sold a friggin 54 million units worldwide as of June, and it has the maximum number of software sales recorded of the three current gen home consoles.

By all means, so far as solid facts are concerned, the Wii has won this gen, and done so convincingly.

Sure, go ahead and quote your review scores- you'd be right in claiming that the Wii has by far the worst library of the three (based solely on review scores, not on personal opinion).

However, as far as clear tangible facts go, the Wii has won this gen: maximum hardware sales. Maximum software sales. And the system that spins the most profit.

Discuss.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
Yeah, it sold the most. How does that affect me? As far as I am concerned, if everyone says a game is bad, it isn't really an opinion. It's just bad. And that seems to happen a lot with the wii.
akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already, it's just too bad the Wii didn't have as many good games as the other two consoles

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
consoles never win the PC wins consoles just fight for second place so congratulations wii: you are the first loser
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 eveileb-ekam
Member since 2009 • 1578 Posts

The Wii has enough good games to warrent a purchase, and thats all that really matters.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

The Wii has enough good games to warrent a purchase, and thats all that really matters.

eveileb-ekam

I agree.

As for sales: I still feel the Wii is not in direct competition with both the HD consoles. They're aiming at different target audiences.

akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

eveileb-ekam

Personally not enough good games for me. Where's F-zero/Zelda/Yoshi's Island etc?

I would like to see how many of the wii sales are casuals? 50%?75%?

jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jessesalinas
Member since 2007 • 2935 Posts
consoles never win the PC wins consoles just fight for second place so congratulations wii: you are the first losershadow_hosi
Please Explain. I didnt know PC's were included when comparing console sales.. is so I've never heard of this before..do you have numbers to back that up as well?
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shadow_hosi
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]consoles never win the PC wins consoles just fight for second place so congratulations wii: you are the first loserjessesalinas
Please Explain. I didnt know PC's were included when comparing console sales.. is so I've never heard of this before..do you have numbers to back that up as well?

this is system wars pc is a system
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

eveileb-ekam

i agree... if a console has the most sales but doesnt offer great games it means nothing to us gamers.. luckily for Wii owners there are many great titles available and some others coming up..

personally i own a 360 & PS3 which are not in 1st place when it comes to sales but have such great games libraries that for me being simply a gamer doesnt effect me..

eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eveileb-ekam

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

NielsNL

I agree.

As for sales: I still feel the Wii is not in direct competition with both the HD consoles. They're aiming at different target audiences.

But they arent, not really. Sony has relied on an expanded audience since they entered the market, and their demographic with the PS2 consisted of movie watchers, people who play buzz, singstar, eyetoy, ect - the same kind of gamers that the WIi attracts with its styIe of games. Microsoft has had its own fair share of games for more casual players, too. Both companies want to reach out to as many people as possible, have always wanted to, and will now probably redouble their efforts thanks to the Wii. The problem with the Wii is that, outside of first party titles and some third party offerrings, there is not a lot of traditional material, which gives the appearance that it isnt competing.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 eveileb-ekam

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

Malta_1980

i agree... if a console has the most sales but doesnt offer great games it means nothing to us gamers.. luckily for Wii owners there are many great titles available and some others coming up..

personally i own a 360 & PS3 which are not in 1st place when it comes to sales but have such great games libraries that for me beingsimply gamerdoesnt effect me..

Anybody owning a single console this gen, whatever it is, is going to be happy, as they all have an abundance of fantastic software. Maybe not PS2 level quality, but things are a bit different this gen :D
Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Nintendo did won but gamers who own a Wii did they won by getting 0-2 good games per year? that the real question.
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jessesalinas
So TC you say Nintendo Wii Wins because of Sales? LOL Do Wii owners just sit around congratulating eachother on Sales..Do you have Stock with the Company.. how are we supposed to be benefiting from this? Nintendo Fans here can Pretend the Wii had a great Year and all but compared to 360/PS3 in terms of games = LOL Face it,it is not a good time to be a Wii owner,especially with all these AAA games coming out on PS3/360
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadow_hosi
Nintendo did won but gamers who own a Wii did they won by getting 0-2 good games per year? that the real question.Syferonik
thats all you need. a good game can last you years really. happens to pc gamers all the time. sure, we get new games. but we still play the old ones doesn't happen on consoles though. you guys forget things a week after it comes out for another game
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jessesalinas

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"][QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]consoles never win the PC wins consoles just fight for second place so congratulations wii: you are the first losershadow_hosi

So you have Number to back that up or are we counting all computers???...

or just computers that can Run at high settings...,Crysis,DIRT etc

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
Yeah, it sold the most. How does that affect me? tylergamereview
you're on system wars. that's how it effects you most directly. clearly the wii is not the side of the war you're on.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 eveileb-ekam

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

akira2465

Personally not enough good games for me. Where's F-zero/Zelda/Yoshi's Island etc?

I would like to see how many of the wii sales are casuals? 50%?75%?

Thats fair enough. I doubt we will see a Yoshi's Island, considerring we havent seen one since the N64, and even then its link to the SNES game was.... euch. We know for definite that Zelda Wii is being worked on, and the snippets of info we get have me hyped already. As for F-Zero, I really hope for a new game. Nintendo have a lot more time, and a lot of other franchises to tap into. I am a little bit disappointed they went for more Mario / Metroid / Zelda rather than exploiting their lesser franchises, but then we have had many great revivals since the Wii has launched, and I am confident that these games will make an appearance... at some point.

I would like to see what percentage of the PS2s userbase are casuals, too. Im sure the numbers are similar.

Nintendo did won but gamers who own a Wii did they won by getting 0-2 good games per year? that the real question.Syferonik

Do some research, and you will realise that there are more games available for the system than that.

So TC you say Nintendo Wii Wins because of Sales? LOL

Do Wii owners just sit around congratulating eachother on Sales..Do you have Stock with the Company..

how are we supposed to be benefiting from this?

Nintendo Fans here can Pretend the Wii had a great Year and all but compared to 360/PS3 in terms of games = LOL

Face it,it is not a good time to be a Wii owner,especially with all these AAA games coming out on PS3/360jessesalinas

We play the games we have for our system? Im not pretending it was a great year, but Im saying I dont regret the purchase of the console, and have consistently bought new software for it. What more can you ask for? How much money do you guys have to play every AAA / AA game?

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

The gen is over already? :shock:

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

The Wii has certainly sold well, but I would still wait to look at the finish line rather than the 3-year line. And the finish line will be in 7 more years. Will the Wii stand up to the test of time, or will it soon become outdated in a market that has finally accepted HD as the mainstream?

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shadow_hosi

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"][QUOTE="jessesalinas"] Please Explain. I didnt know PC's were included when comparing console sales.. is so I've never heard of this before..do you have numbers to back that up as well?jessesalinas

sure who here on system was doesn't have a pc? i rest my case
jessesalinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jessesalinas

We play the games we have for our system? Im not pretending it was a great year, but Im saying I dont regret the purchase of the console, and have consistently bought new software for it. What more can you ask for? How much money do you guys have to play every AAA / AA game?

eveileb-ekam

its not about having money to buy them all,heck i can rent them all if i want to. its about having a large collection of Great games to play...not a bunch of party games and a few good games.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ontain

The Wii has certainly sold well, but I would still wait to look at the finish line rather than the 3-year line. And the finish line will be in 7 more years. Will the Wii stand up to the test of time, or will it soon become outdated in a market that has finally accepted HD as the mainstream?

SakusEnvoy
you think the wii will still be around in 7 more years? i'm sure that a Wii HD will come out but for then. that's when we would finally judge.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eveileb-ekam

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]We play the games we have for our system? Im not pretending it was a great year, but Im saying I dont regret the purchase of the console, and have consistently bought new software for it. What more can you ask for? How much money do you guys have to play every AAA / AA game?

jessesalinas

its not about having money to buy them all,heck i can rent them all if i want to. its about having a large collection of Great games to play...not a bunch of party games and a few good games.

But the Wii does have a large collection of great games to play. It might not be as extensive as the list for the other consoles, but its enough for the people who enjoy the type of traditional experiences the Wii offers.
Avatar image for SexySasquatch11
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SexySasquatch11
Member since 2008 • 500 Posts

Yeah, it sold the most. How does that affect me? As far as I am concerned, if everyone says a game is bad, it isn't really an opinion. It's just bad. And that seems to happen a lot with the wii.tylergamereview

Then I guess everyone can agree that SMG >>>> all PC/PS3/360 exclusive game then? Because everyone else agrees right?

Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#26 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

consoles never win the PC wins consoles just fight for second place so congratulations wii: you are the first losershadow_hosi

I may have reccomended the use of more tact, but this is the basic truth. Consoles can never compete with the PC in terms of the best quality gaming experience overall, which is why they are so vicious towards one another in fighting for second place.

COSMICX815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 COSMICX815
Member since 2009 • 1053 Posts

the reason Wii has more sales is that the goal of the console was to create a family based console, this brought an audience of mixed ages, the main ages are children and older adults, but guess what, what are the teenagers playing? you guessed it PS3 and 360. the wii doesn't even have a good multiplayer online, the reason it has more software sold because of the controller itself, it is a remote and nunchuk, SOLD SEPERATELY and the Wii Fit board is also software. The wii is probably in every Japanese household. Old people play the wii because is has wii sports(probably the most played wii game), the wii won in sales, but it did not win any entertainment awards. The wii is just a way that grandparents play with their grandchildren, or parents play with their children. Meant for family, barely any violence or gore, just crappy graphics in an awkward playability. They make the wii seem simple enough that anyone could play it, their main way to market the console. Im glad i didn't waste my time or my money on the worst waste of a console ever made!!! Gamecube at least had the same variety of games as PS2 and Xbox, but now wii only has crappy exclusives, (more sales, yay:roll:) the wii is a fluke and shouldn't be considered a GOOD console. Oh another reason why it attracts people, the classic arcade. Yes old school is what brought the console a bigger audience as well. I give the wii props for its innovations but thats it, nothing is great on the wii. I get more entertainment from reality TV. LOL:lol:

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#28 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

[QUOTE="jessesalinas"]

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"] this is system wars pc is a systemshadow_hosi

I have a Mac :P

SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SexySasquatch11

sure who here on system was doesn't have a pc? i rest my caseshadow_hosi
But how many of those PC can game? Hell the PC my mom uses can barely play RE2! It's old but it works for her! Chalk one up sell up there! PC sales are the worst arguement ever. Sure theres like 1 billion computers out there but only a fraction of them are used for gaming. There's no way to determine which PC was bought or built for what purpose. That why no one tracks PC sales.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ontain

the wii won in sales, but it did not win any entertainment awards.

COSMICX815
sure it has. GOTY comes to mind. also Wii sports won many innovation awards.
eveileb-ekam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eveileb-ekam

the reason Wii has more sales is that the goal of the console was to create a family based console, this brought an audience of mixed ages, the main ages are children and older adults, but guess what, what are the teenagers playing? you guessed it PS3 and 360. the wii doesn't even have a good multiplayer online, the reason it has more software sold because of the controller itself, it is a remote and nunchuk, SOLD SEPERATELY and the Wii Fit board is also software. The wii is probably in every Japanese household. Old people play the wii because is has wii sports(probably the most played wii game), the wii won in sales, but it did not win any entertainment awards. The wii is just a way that grandparents play with their grandchildren, or parents play with their children. Meant for family, barely any violence or gore, just crappy graphics in an awkward playability. They make the wii seem simple enough that anyone could play it, their main way to market the console. Im glad i didn't waste my time or my money on the worst waste of a console ever made!!! Gamecube at least had the same variety of games as PS2 and Xbox, but now wii only has crappy exclusives, (more sales, yay:roll:) the wii is a fluke and shouldn't be considered a GOOD console. Oh another reason why it attracts people, the classic arcade. Yes old school is what brought the console a bigger audience as well. I give the wii props for its innovations but thats it, nothing is great on the wii. I get more entertainment from reality TV. LOL:lol:

COSMICX815

Teenagers have to be the smallest target market in the world, yet they are the most vocal, and the most self centered. They think that because they prefer one thing, than everything else totally sucks, and the people that use it are just so totally uncool. The fact is, there are a lot more people that do play, and want to play, videogames, and your snobby and whiny attitude just goes to show why focussing on such a narrowminded and fickel market leads to hemorrhaging money.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ontain

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"][QUOTE="jessesalinas"] So you have Number to back that up or are we counting all computers???...

AzelKosMos

which is just a PC with OSx on it and made by apple.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 AzelKosMos
[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"]

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"] sure who here on system was doesn't have a pc? i rest my caseOntain

which is just a PC with OSx on it and made by apple.

Meh, he said PC, I pointed out i don't really own one. There is a big difference due to the OS for me to play games unless i also run windows or try out boot camp.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ontain
Meh, he said PC, I pointed out i don't really own one. There is a big difference due to the OS for me to play games unless i also run windows or try out boot camp.AzelKosMos
but you do own a PC. just not a windows pc. the fact that you can install windows on it says as much.
AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AzelKosMos
[QUOTE="AzelKosMos"] Meh, he said PC, I pointed out i don't really own one. There is a big difference due to the OS for me to play games unless i also run windows or try out boot camp.Ontain
but you do own a PC. just not a windows pc. the fact that you can install windows on it says as much.

I was just kidding in the first place you know...hence the ":P" Down cowboy!
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts
This gen. is wierd. We have had it easy previosly because the console that sold the most ALSO had the best library. This is not the case this gen. So how do we determine who wins, by how many consoles sold or who has the best library. Me personally, I own a Wii and a PS3 and it's clear that LIBRARY is more important to me then Nintendo cramming the system in more homes.
SexySasquatch11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SexySasquatch11

This gen. is wierd. We have had it easy previosly because the console that sold the most ALSO had the best library. This is not the case this gen. So how do we determine who wins, by how many consoles sold or who has the best library. Me personally, I own a Wii and a PS3 and it's clear that LIBRARY is more important to me then Nintendo cramming the system in more homes.Javy03
But you're taste in games != everyones. I thought the PS2 had a a horrid library. For me last gen it as Dreamcast > Gameube > PS2 and the Xbox wasn't even a factor. But some people liked the Xbox more than the PS2. This gen for me it's 360 > Wii > PS3. But if Nintendo would release 1/2 the games I wanted in states I'd easly be Wii > 360. And I play games not scores so don't even try to throw that **** at me. My opinion > any GS reviewer. Just like your opinion > anyones.

I find it funny how people say "I don't care how much the Wii sells, I can't play sells!", but the same person will posts "The PS3 has 19 AAAAE's this year and the Wii has -126 LOL Wii suxz!". It's the same damn thing just in a different coat of paint. I play games not sells or scores. Because we all know PD0 and Warioware >>> Uncharted 1.

tjvrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tjvrx
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

Good for Wii owners. I had the wii for about 2 months, and sold it. I guess maybe I have changed as a gamer? I had galaxy and zelda, but it just wasnt the same to me. I'm glad nintendo is doing good they have been my favorite company since I was a kid, maybe I'm a graphics whore, I just dont dig the wii.

NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

[QUOTE="NielsNL"]

[QUOTE="eveileb-ekam"]

eveileb-ekam

I agree.

But they arent, not really. Sony has relied on an expanded audience since they entered the market, and their demographic with the PS2 consisted of movie watchers, people who play buzz, singstar, eyetoy, ect - the same kind of gamers that the WIi attracts with its styIe of games. Microsoft has had its own fair share of games for more casual players, too. Both companies want to reach out to as many people as possible, have always wanted to, and will now probably redouble their efforts thanks to the Wii. The problem with the Wii is that, outside of first party titles and some third party offerrings, there is not a lot of traditional material, which gives the appearance that it isnt competing.

Well, you're right that there's definately some overlap in target audiences, but the focus is clearly different for the Wii on one side and PS3/360 on the other. I'd compare it to orange juice competing with coke. Anyone who's thirsty enough will drink either (or both), but one clearly aims at people who like juices whereas the other clearly targets people who liek soda.

souljagirl11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 souljagirl11
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

I'm pretty sure everyone knows this already, it's just too bad the Wii didn't have as many good games as the other two consoles

akira2465

this is how i feel. the wii could have been truly great with proper 3rd party support. ATM nintendo has the burden of carrying the hardcore market with the occasional zelda, metroid, and mario games.

Nintendo needs to buy back RARE. its become clear that microsoft doesnt know what they are doing with them. none of RAREs xbox projects have even come close to the perfection that they provided for the N64

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

yey the wii sold alot. but they also lost a lot of love from the gaming world

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

[QUOTE="akira2465"]

souljagirl11

this is how i feel. the wii could have been truly great with proper 3rd party support. ATM nintendo has the burden of carrying the hardcore market with the occasional zelda, metroid, and mario games.

Nintendo needs to buy back RARE. its become clear that microsoft doesnt know what they are doing with them. none of RAREs xbox projects have even come close to the perfection that they provided for the N64

hmmmm

PDZ- 9.0

Kameo- 8.7

Viva Pinata- 8.3

Viva Pinata 2- 8.5

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts- 8.5

Say What?

gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts
Yeah, it sold the most. How does that affect me? As far as I am concerned, if everyone says a game is bad, it isn't really an opinion. It's just bad. And that seems to happen a lot with the wii.tylergamereview
No thats just a bias, because the only consistent complaint is its "graphics" output, which countless people are always saying "this game would have been awesome with HD Visuals!" That is flat out bias and jealousy. The no good games argument is an opinion that isn't as widely spoken as you might think.
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

SakusEnvoy
The next gen will come in three years, tops (or else cheap PCs will trounce them all). But that doesn't mean the current gen will just fall off the map (and yes, that includes Microsoft--why kill off a moneymaker?).
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

[QUOTE="souljagirl11"]

[QUOTE="akira2465"]

chikenfriedrice

hmmmm

PDZ- 9.0

Kameo- 8.7

Viva Pinata- 8.3

Viva Pinata 2- 8.5

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts- 8.5

Say What?

If Nintendo really wanted to get the old Rare back on the map, they need to consult Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical, composed of a lot of ex-Rare people).
Generalmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 Generalmojo
Member since 2008 • 3670 Posts

"Its not over till its over" - Solid Snake

payne6705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#47 payne6705
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts

For me its hard to say because this generation is not over yet when a new system comes out then this generation is over from what I am hearing Nintendo said it is lagging behind and I think consumers are done with the Wii it appeased the casual crowd for a couple of years but now they move onto new things like ipod or itouches its like the cellphone crowd one year the sidekick is the phone to have then its the envy etc etc the Wii to me is a huge dissapointment I bought one with the millions of other people and stopped playing it the gimmicks, graphics, controls,lack luster games,got old and fast for me I would love to ask all the people who bought a Wii if they still use it and are satisfied with their purchase I know I am not I used my PS2 more than this white box with limited memory sure it might have all the sales of this generation you are 100% right on that but no matter how you slice it the Wii is a less than compentant system with no or basic online support VERY limited harddrive space, library of garbage, wii motion plus garbage, and innacurate sensors I find it the worse this generation I have more use with my PS3 and 360 and btw I know some people (who aren't gamers in the least) with only a Wii and don't play with it anymore because and I quote "the games suck or the game is exactly the same!! (mentioning animal crossing city folk)" which I find funny since they aren't gamers and even they see the shallowness of a Nintendo game

payne6705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#48 payne6705
Member since 2006 • 1145 Posts

COSMICX815

I am so happy noone else is drinking the Nintendo kool-aid you are so right

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Sales don't mean anything to the gamer, especially the gamer on system wars.

Besides, the PC wins this gen because of the sheer mountains of AAE's and AAAE's. I think there's almost 100 now.

CPM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 CPM_basic
Member since 2002 • 4247 Posts

I'm sure the game attachment rate is very low. Probably the lowest among consoles. How many games sell more than a million on the Wii? Probably not many. Many devs don't make games for the Wii because no one buys them. Yes it did win in console sales but if it can't sell any games it failed in my books. Games are where the money is made, consoles are usually sold at a loss (well maybe not in Wii's case lol).