Same guy who leaked PS3 slim has leaked CROSS GAME CHAT info!

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liquid_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Liquid_DC
Member since 2009 • 660 Posts

http://www.blpgaming.com/beta/news/64/crossgame-voice-chat-coming-to-playstation-3/

Super_Secret the guy who leaked all the info on ps3 slim, and had everything right has leaked info about cross game chat for psn, which may be in 3.0,information with held from vids untill later,( if anyone has noticed in every 3.0, video, the person previewing it has refused to go to the friends list at all, even though it states that it has been revamped)

heres what he says about cross game chat:

"Cross-game [voice] chat is in the works as part of Firmware 3.0. It wont be out during the summer, but assuming all goes well, it will be out well before the holidays. Current timeframe places it around September, but it's still very much a WIP(Work In Progress). If there are any major delays, that will slip and if there are very few delays at all, it might even arrive earlier, but don't bank on it as it is a lot more complicated than you might imagine. At this point, it's working quite well in the labs and supports several players at once.It's targeted to work with all past and future games that support ingame XMB, much like text chat.I'm not a betting man, but I wouldn't be surprised if the "slim" shipped with this firmware installed (that doesn't mean the slim will come first, remember)."heres what he said about ps3 slim 2 months before sony annouced it.It still has Bluetooth [TRUE] It still has Gigabit Ethernet [TRUE] "OtherOS" support has been removed [TRUE] You still get 2 USB ports [TRUE] Hard drive sizes will be bigger, it will come in 120Gb and 250Gb flavours [TRUE] It's still replaceable [HDD] and will actually be slightly easier as it has been relocated to the front of the console [TRUE]it will NOT have any "new" features, such as backwards compatibility [PS2] or enhanced peripheral support [TRUE] It's just a PS3, but slightly smaller and cheaper [TRUE] 11. The power supply is still internal, but a different power cable will be used[TRUE] Rear ports are still the same: 1x HDMI, 1x Sony AV port, 1x Optical, 1x Ethernet, and of course a power port [TRUE] It's as cheap as can possibly be, so expect it to launch with a smaller price tag than what you're paying now in your respective territories [TRUE] Internally, several daughter boards have been removed, but all functionality is still there [UNCONFIRMED] A Cheaper Blu-ray drive is being used [TRUE] It wont be any slower, but expect to see similar issues that another competitor had a while ago [UNCONFIRMED] Touch-sensitive buttons on the front for power/eject are gone in favour of cheaper push buttons [TRUE]19. It's about 50% smaller than current PS3s.[TRUE] 20. It wont be called the "PS3 Slim". The PS1 "slim" and the PS2 "slim" were never officially called the "slim", either.[UNCONFIRMED] 21. In short: It's a smaller PS3, but that's it. No new features, no special hardware, just smaller and cheaper.[TRUE] 22. And it wont have sex with you.[SAD FACE]

Even though psn my be late to the game, but the fact that we may be getting this feature, and for free is really surprising!

it may also come later than 3.0, but heres the link to the whole thing

http://www.blpgaming.com/beta/news/64/crossgame-voice-chat-coming-to-playstation-3/

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

He definitely had inside information. We can be pretty sure they have been working on it. He said it was a work in progress. It probably just got delayed. Implimenting cross game chat is quite a big deal.

Liquid_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Liquid_DC
im surprised he was dead on
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Well if true it will be one less thing lemms can use against the PS3, I personally don't care for the feature but it would nice to have.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Pretty sweet.

The PS3 Slim would be a definite buy if it did have sex with you though. :cry:

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

im surprised he was dead onLiquid_DC

Me too. I thought for sure we would at least get backwards compatibility...

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Ditters

TWO VERY INTERESTING THINGS HE SAID:

--that the blue ray was cheaper and it might suffer from similar problems to the other console

--keep an eye on the hard drives that are coming out. something is going to happen in a couple of months (different model/manufacturer?)

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I wonder if that means Playstation cloud is true then.

CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

wow this would be a great feature, it only took sony a few years to catch on to it

MegajerkNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MegajerkNYC
Member since 2009 • 505 Posts

Well..... You still can't see what the bottom of an Avatars shoe looks like so I'd rather pay for XBL cuz... yeah bottom of avatars...shoe...looks...And Halo expansion pack....yeah...

Liquid_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Liquid_DC

wow this would be a great feature, it only took sony a few years to catch on to it

CaptainHarley
does not matter, its free, and its not needed for gameplay..but its a cool feature
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
[QUOTE="CaptainHarley"]

Liquid_DC
does not matter, its free, and its not needed for gameplay..but its a cool feature

It was and has been needed.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, JeuxFrance was the source of the leak, everyone else could have just copycatted them. I despise "anonymous sources." I'm afraid we'll never know the true source of the slim leak because they were cited under condition of anonymity.
Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

damn mad props. If true, then I don't have a clue whats going to stop the Ps3 from selling like crazy. Advertisement maybe :cry: I haven't seen a commercial in years....

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

He seems on the money with the past leaks. But we already know that they are working on chat features (confirmed on the blog) , so claiming it will be part of 3.0 or it will come out after isn't a big stretch. Has to come sometime, right ?

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_Ditters"]

--that the blue ray was cheaper and it might suffer from similar problems to the other console

--keep an eye on the hard drives that are coming out. something is going to happen in a couple of months (different model/manufacturer?)

Hmm, Solid state hdd's for slims in the future to reduce heat hmm? That would be hard to beleive. But would be lovely and I might get me another ps3 if so :)
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Ditters

[QUOTE="CaptainHarley"]

Liquid_DC

You know whats definitely not needed for gameplay? New avatars and themes that you have to purchase. Having four shortcuts to the playstation store in the XMB.

Cross game chat can actually be used during gameplay and helps with matchmaking and teamwork.

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Twig978
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts

[QUOTE="Liquid_DC"]im surprised he was dead onpsn8214

Me too. I thought for sure we would at least get backwards compatibility...

Pretty sweet.

The PS3 Slim would be a definite buy if it did have sex with you though. :cry:

awssk8er716
Yup, that's a deal breaker for me unforunately.
Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr_Ditters

[QUOTE="Mr_Ditters"]

GreyFoXX4

Hmm, Solid state hdd's for slims in the future to reduce heat hmm? That would be hard to beleive. But would be lovely and I might get me another ps3 if so :)

No way that is going to happen. The slim was designed to cut costs. SSD's are way to expensive.

fedor19820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fedor19820
Member since 2009 • 752 Posts

Well if true it will be one less thing lemms can use against the PS3, I personally don't care for the feature but it would nice to have.

Swift_Boss_A

i agree

if i cared about cross chat i would still have xbox live

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Brownesque
Oh boy, it's this idiot forum poster Super-Secret, again? He literally had like 3 posts last time and said he'd change his handle. Can we please ignore him?
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Finally, the only really interesting thing PS3 needs now is the ability to look at friends list, then both consoles can be exactly the same (they really are ya know).

Seriously though, this is great since now I can play a game like Fallout 3 or Skate 2 and talk to my buds who are off playing CoD or Killzone 2.

kkevguy47k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kkevguy47k
Member since 2008 • 900 Posts

[QUOTE="Liquid_DC"][QUOTE="CaptainHarley"]

Mr_Ditters

You know whats definitely not needed for gameplay? New avatars and themes that you have to purchase. Having four shortcuts to the playstation store in the XMB.

Cross game chat can actually be used during gameplay and helps with matchmaking and teamwork.

How does being able to talk to someone playing a different game help matchmaking and teamwork? massive lolz.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

probably a sony employee building some hype for ps3

Liquid_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Liquid_DC

Finally, the only really interesting thing PS3 needs now is the ability to look at friends list, then both consoles can be exactly the same (they really are ya know).

Seriously though, this is great since now I can play a game like Fallout 3 or Skate 2 and talk to my buds who are off playing CoD or Killzone 2.

SPYDER0416
uhhhhhhhh u can already look at friends list during a game...... its called pressing ps button on ds3 and moving over to the right to friends list...... (walks away slowly)
Liquid_DC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Liquid_DC
[QUOTE="Liquid_DC"][QUOTE="CaptainHarley"]

LTomlinson21

It was and has been needed.

uhh how is it needed for gameplay? and the only reason ps3 peeps want it is so that xbots can stop claiming ownage over a feature thats not even needed, also if people havent notic, in game invites are in alot of the new games like re5 and madden. all u have to do is play the game press ps button, go oever to a friend wit re5 being played, and press triangle, and click Send game invite.......... people dont even no this
DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

I'm starting to believe this is Sony leaking things to build hype

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Brownesque

[QUOTE="Mr_Ditters"]

[QUOTE="Liquid_DC"] does not matter, its free, and its not needed for gameplay..but its a cool featurekkevguy47k

How does being able to talk to someone playing a different game help matchmaking and teamwork? massive lolz.

You can invite them into your game and work with them instead of getting in a game with some random joe blows. I know you can chat universally, send PM's and friend invites. A few games support in-game parties on PSN. The problem really is matchmaking IMHO. Makes it impossible to find friends aside from CGI.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Brownesque
CGI are definitely a nice feature in Steam makes it easier to link up.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
I wonder what XBL fanboys have to say now :?
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
Cross game chat? Welcome to 2005.
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

Liquid_DC

uhhhhhhhh u can already look at friends list during a game...... its called pressing ps button on ds3 and moving over to the right to friends list...... (walks away slowly)

Oh WOW, I didn't know that (sarcasm)

I was talking about looking at a friend's friend list, like if you have a friend you can look at his friend list.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Tjeremiah1988

sikanderahmed
wont be surprise. Sony did create a fake website for ps3 to build hype.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tjeremiah1988
Cross game chat? Welcome to 2005.MortalDecay
XBL had cross game chat in 2005??? Also, why does it matter? Ps3 is now getting it, one little tackle XBL fanboys would lay on PSN.
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I wonder what XBL fanboys have to say now :?Tjeremiah1988

Cross game chat? Welcome to 2005.MortalDecay

You got your answer :lol:

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]Cross game chat? Welcome to 2005.Tjeremiah1988
XBL had cross game chat in 2005??? Also, why does it matter? Ps3 is now getting it, one little tackle XBL fanboys would lay on PSN.

Uh, yeah....When the 360 was launched, Live had cross game chat. That's cool that the PS3 is getting it now, though. I mean, the PS3 gets everything the 360 has, eventually. Sony doesn't even need a R&D department. It seems they let MS come up with all the cool features, and then adds them to the PS3 later on down the road. :lol:
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
I'm sure Sony are working on it. It's the one feature that makes Live better than PSN for me. Without it, they're exactly the same.
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MortalDecay
Hey TC, why don't you let us know when Sony offers something NEW. All this news about Sony adding features that MS has had since the beginning is getting kind of old, and embarrassing.
MegajerkNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MegajerkNYC
Member since 2009 • 505 Posts

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="MortalDecay"]Cross game chat? Welcome to 2005.MortalDecay

Uh, yeah....When the 360 was launched, Live had cross game chat. That's cool that the PS3 is getting it now, though. I mean, the PS3 gets everything the 360 has, eventually. Sony doesn't even need a R&D department. It seems they let MS come up with all the cool features, and then adds them to the PS3 later on down the road. :lol:

http://www.teamteabag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/dreamcast.png

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/images/xbox-360.jpg

http://www.factpile.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/nintendo-mii.vs.xbox-avatar.jpg

The only thing original about the x360 is RROD and online gaming fees.

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]Hey TC, why don't you let us know when Sony offers something NEW. All this news about Sony adding features that MS has had since the beginning is getting kind of old, and embarrassing.

You know that could go both ways, there are features on PSN not on LIVE, the difference is I don't see any initiative on Microsofts part to add them. And even if they do it will probably only be for Gold members.
ActivistBike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ActivistBike
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

As an Xbox owner, im glad to hear that the PS3 is getting alot of new features and such. Stupid fanboys....

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

sikanderahmed
No way! Only MS is the conspiracy corp! good god....wtffd (please read sarcasm)