Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Source

company’s next game in the company’s GamesDaily, and said that he had heard the studios next title would be a live service game based on Suicide Squad.

Hmmm. Rocksteady making game based on terrible movie? who would have thoughts.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a
Member since 2020 • 1426 Posts

Harley Quinn + 1

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Another week, another rumor.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

Suicide Squad is not just a mov... oh wait, ALMOST fell for it.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7165 Posts

@Solaryellow said:

Another week, another rumor.

i hope so yuk.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

This is a old rumor probably true since it keeps getting brought up by people in the industry.

https://gamerant.com/suicide-squad-game-rocksteady/

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@ghosts4ever:

They could easily pull it off with the foundation they built on the Arkham series. I actually like Suicide Squad. I don't know why other people didn't.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: The movie? Is objectively a terribly-made movie. You can subjectively enjoy it, however.

There's a lot more to Suicide Squad than just a terrible movie, and I would suspect they'd go along the lines of the comics just like they did with the Arkham games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I love Harley Quinn but Suicide Squad game...ugh.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#10  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

They are probably making a new IP after working on Batman for so long.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

@davillain- said:

Birds of Prey was solid tho :)

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nepu7supastar7

@jaydan:

No it wasn't. Like you said, you can subjectively hate the movie but don't go talking about problems it didn't actually have.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jaydan

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@jaydan:

No it wasn't. Like you said, you can subjectively hate the movie but don't go talking about problems it didn't actually have.

I would love to hear your Suicide Squad analysis on why you think it's objectively a good movie.

All my years of film study must have gone to waste, so I'd love to hear your take I clearly haven't heard yet that must be the secret sauce it takes to enjoy. LOL

It is a bad movie no matter how you try to spin it.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Hard pass.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nepu7supastar7

@jaydan:

Sounds like those lessons didn't teach you the difference between objective and subjective.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaydan

@nepu7supastar7: Great analysis. You have enlightened everyone that thought Suicide Squad is a bad movie.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

They can make a game about paper and I'm in. Their attention to detail and world building are very well done. Great studio!

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nepu7supastar7

@jaydan:

It's not about convincing anyone. What you think about the movie is YOUR opinion. To call it objectively bad is to say that it was written, directed and acted poorly, which it wasn't. Very few mainstream movies even qualify as "objectively bad." A good example of objectively bad would be the movie "The Room" by Tommy Wiseau. A movie full of plot holes, inconsistencies and lack of proper characterization. No matter what you may think of Suicide Squad, it isn't even close to being objectively bad.

But no, I should listen to YOU about this because you took some film study class? That doesn't sound pretentious at all! lol

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

The never ending saga of the rumoured Rocksteady game continues. 😅

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jaydan

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@jaydan:

It's not about convincing anyone. What you think about the movie is YOUR opinion. To call it objectively bad is to say that it was written, directed and acted poorly, which it wasn't. Very few mainstream movies even qualify as "objectively bad." A good example of objectively bad would be the movie "The Room" by Tommy Wiseau. A movie full of plot holes, inconsistencies and lack of proper characterization. No matter what you may think of Suicide Squad, it isn't even close to being objectively bad.

But no, I should listen to YOU about this because you took some film study class? That doesn't sound pretentious at all! lol

It is an objectively bad film when it fails to accomplish its own goals. Suicide Squad did not set out to be a laughably bad movie but it did.

Among the worst film editing I've seen in a modern movie, completely one-dimensional characters that lack motivation and a villain with zero depth. The only saving grace about these characters is one's prerequisite knowledge and liking towards these characters via their comic book counterparts, and Suicide Squad only ever gives an impression of them without ever truly developing them.

This is a problem with most of Zack Snyder's comic book efforts. He's much more obsessed with the logo on a hero's chest than the character behind the logo. Every piece of Zack Snyder's influence in the DCEU show signs he has a lack of understanding of these characters, but he at least loves to wear a Batman shirt.

We might as well object to Suicide Squad with the larger picture: its involvement in the DCEU. Let's face it: the DCEU is a failed copycat attempt at capturing the success of the MCU with the extended universe concept. Issues with Suicide Squad extend beyond its runtime as it is also a failed attempt along with the rest of the DCEU at being even the slightest bit of a competent shared universe.

You might like Suicide Squad if you're underexposed to the greatness of cinema and all you go for is flashy visuals with no substance.

It says a lot when a movie's marketing leaned so heavily on a popular comic book character (Joker) when he hardly had a role or a purpose in the movie at all, just to falsely get people excited enough to buy a ticket. Shameless marketing techniques here that served insignificant purpose to the actual film.

It's so bad the studio had to recast the Joker character completely and give him his own movie to brush the Suicide Squad reputation under the rug. I can guarantee if Suicide Squad wasn't such a train wreck critically, the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie wouldn't even exist. Even the studio knows this so it's really just you and all the other blokes who never appreciated cinema until comic book movies became popular who wants to pretend it's good.

I can handle being called pretentious by people who think because a movie is big-budget and glossy, negates it from being objectively bad at what it set out to be.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I suspected maybe this could have been the direction the studio was heading. They were rumored to be working on a Justice League game, and I imagine WB wanted to capitalize on the DC universe to mimic the the commercial success of the MCU, but they failed on film end, and thus the gaming end didn't have the goodwill to piggyback onto. Looking in the direction of the films that did do better, like Joker or Birds of Prey, or even the success of the Harley Quinn animated series, seems they might have a better chance making a DC villain game.

I feel WB could have had greater success with the DC stuff had they put more resources into their animated productions. I have been getting into those a lot more lately.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

Yeah I'm just going to wait until Rocksteady themselves announce the game they are working on. First it was them making a Superman game, then it was making another Batman game, and now Suicide Squad. I'm sick and tired of these rumors from Gaming websites.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Aw, man its going to like the avengers where you play as different characters with subpar visuals, models, animations, bad story writing. etc.

floppydics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 floppydics
Member since 2014 • 415 Posts

Could be interesting to see a Batman like game with GTA V style protag switching.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@jaydan:

Yeah, you pretty much just confirmed that you can't tell the difference between your opinion and fact. I LIKED Suicide Squad. I didn't love it, nor did I claim that it was brilliant cinema.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I heard a rumour casual4ever posts a lot of rumours.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jaydan

@nepu7supastar7: quit lying to yourself then by acting like you don't understand why people don't enjoy the movie when you already know it's not great cinema.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts

@AcidTango said:

Yeah I'm just going to wait until Rocksteady themselves announce the game they are working on. First it was them making a Superman game, then it was making another Batman game, and now Suicide Squad. I'm sick and tired of these rumors from Gaming websites.

I also heard they were working on a Justice League game. Add that one.

Yeah, rumours are pretty annoying..

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

I heard a rumour they are getting closed.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

I heard a rumour they are getting closed.

I heard a rumour they're re-opening!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

I haven't heard any rumors.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

"a live service game based on suicide squad."

prayers from gamers around the world have finally been answered.

@magnum3000 said:
@davillain- said:

i think you're joking. i mean i'm sure you are... but what if you're not? 😱

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: I'm sorry but Suicide Squad movie was disappointing! The movie was rush. Like really rush, The Joker was wasted, and Suicide Squad had so much potential...but once again, DC throws it in the garbage.

If you want a good Suicide Squad movie, I direct you over to Batman: Assault on Arkham. It's an animated feature (what DC does best quite frankly) and is just way more satisfying from that live action turd. And don't get me started on Birds of Prey either! That movie should have been Gotham City Sirens.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

This is an old ass rumor, and the project has probably been changed by now. That and Suicide Squad as a DC concept predates the movie. And Suicide Squad the comic shit is lit, so when the next Rocksteady game is bad again, it isn't the source material, just like last time, it's because they make shallow gameplay.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

booo suicide squad booo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f9d77f5cef3a

@Macutchi said:

@magnum3000 said:
@davillain- said:

I'm not joking. Enjoyed Birds of Prey

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By jaydan

@davillain- said:

@nepu7supastar7: I'm sorry but Suicide Squad movie was disappointing! The movie was rush. Like really rush, The Joker was wasted, and Suicide Squad had so much potential...but once again, DC throws it in the garbage.

If you want a good Suicide Squad movie, I direct you over to Batman: Assault on Arkham. It's an animated feature (what DC does best quite frankly) and is just way more satisfying from that live action turd. And don't get me started on Birds of Prey either! That movie should have been Gotham City Sirens.

the guy struggles to understand the difference subjective opinion and objective analysis.

I gave objective reasons why Suicide Squad is a bad movie - such as poor editing, poor story with plot holes, shallow one-dimensional characters, etc. - that's not my opinion - I'm just stating the facts that Suicide Squad was a poorly made movie.

A lot more goes into movies than it being big-budget, loud and glossy.

They even grabbed one of Marvel's strongest director's to - not make a sequel - but to reboot Suicide Squad with a new cast. It was that bad.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

@magnum3000 said:
@Macutchi said:

@magnum3000 said:
@davillain- said:

I'm not joking. Enjoyed Birds of Prey

i knew it! i watched some of it earlier this week and thought it was atrocious

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

lol we actually arguing the "quality" of the Suicide Squad movie in here?

I'll admit the shit is a blur at this point, no objective analysis here. But damn, I thought the shit was legit terrible. Worst movie in recent memory, would've left the theater if my girl wasn't with me, but afterwards found out she wanted to leave too.

The scenes didn't flow at all, just felt like a series of strung together trailer snippets with non-characters. Many of the scenes were either redundant or just plain added nothing to the movie. Every attempt at humor fell flat. The movie was the very definition of "tell don't show". And on that note, don't think I've ever seen a movie treat the audience like straight up idiots to such a degree, spelling out every obvious thing, sometimes multiple times over, and often with dialogue that seemed to be written by a child.

Felt like really bad video game story telling in big budget movie form.

I'm the furthest thing from a film snob, not pretending to have high standards here. I just can't think of any redeeming qualities.

Sooo

10/10

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

@Litchie said:
@AcidTango said:

I also heard they were working on a Justice League game. Add that one.

Yeah, rumours are pretty annoying..

Oh yeah I forgot about that rumor. I wonder what the next rumors will be. It's getting ridiculous.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

seems you took no effort and instead trolling... the OG comic series was 80s. i own it.

@ghosts4ever said:

Source

company’s next game in the company’s GamesDaily, and said that he had heard the studios next title would be a live service game based on Suicide Squad.

Hmmm. Rocksteady making game based on terrible movie? who would have thoughts.