SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45103 Posts

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-11-rumour-has-it-a-persona-3-portable-remaster-is-in-development

Persona 3 Portable may be getting a "multiplatform" remaster.

As spotted by Nintendo Enthusiast, the same leaker that correctly teased that a remaster of Persona 4 Arena Ultimax was on the way has also revealed that a "multiplatform" remaster of Persona 3 Portable is possibly in development.

After posting a selection of "W"s - presumably to celebrate their win over the sceptics - "Zippo" casually finished the post with: "Oh, and Persona 3 Portable is getting a remaster. Multiplatform".

We know that Atlus isn't done with Persona just yet - we're still in the throes of the series' 25th anniversary - but until it's confirmed one way or the other, all we can do is chalk this up to a rumour and server it up a side serving of sceptical salt. If true, though, it'll be welcome news for Persona fans as Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable is itself an enhanced post of the original PlayStation 2 game.

ICYMI, Atlus will be releasing Persona 4 Arena Ultimax on PS4, Steam and Switch as part of the Persona 25th anniversary.

As Ed reported at the time, coming on 17th March 2022, it's a re-release of the 2014 fighting game released on PS3 and Xbox 360, that acts as a follow up to Persona 4 Arena, sequel to the fan-favourite Persona 4.

This would be sweet news. Never played the original. How about you, SW? Would you be interested in a Persona 3 portable remaster?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Persona 3 FES was my first Persona game and I did quite enjoy it. Wouldn’t mind getting this if the rumours prove true.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic

@adsparky said:

Is it better than P4G?

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Storywise definitely. everything else nope, although in my opinion the soundtrack of Persona 3 is one of the best in the industry.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

Lot of work to be done to modernize it but I have full faith in them. Can't wait.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Persona 3 >>>>>>>> other persona games.

Its my fav Persona game and for a long ass time was my ultimate all time fav game ever made. I put over thousands of hours combined into P3, P3Fes and P3P.

Remastering P3P personally is always better than P3Fes simply due to Female route felt like almost another game due to different themes and far better social link meaning you could dive into another 100 hour journey and still feels fresh. Also The Answer in P3Fes sucks.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Never played P3P but I hear it gives players total party control in battle which if true would be nice. Hope it comes to Xbox but given they don't plan on releasing the Arena Ultimax on it then hopefully the Switch is a safe bet.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic

@sakaixx said:

Persona 3 >>>>>>>> other persona games.

Its my fav Persona game and for a long ass time was my ultimate all time fav game ever made. I put over thousands of hours combined into P3, P3Fes and P3P.

Remastering P3P personally is always better than P3Fes simply due to Female route felt like almost another game due to different themes and far better social link meaning you could dive into another 100 hour journey and still feels fresh. Also The Answer in P3Fes sucks.

What do you liken about it compared to other Persona games?

@lamprey263 said:

Never played P3P but I hear it gives players total party control in battle which if true would be nice. Hope it comes to Xbox but given they don't plan on releasing the Arena Ultimax on it then hopefully the Switch is a safe bet.

You would think the Switch version would perform well but I guess you can't assume lol

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

Hmm interesting. I could just boot it up on my retroarch xbox though.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

Mehh.. make some new games already atlas!!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sakaiXx

@SolidGame_basic: the story in Persona 3 appeals more to me back in 2007. The social link (confidant in P5) have more human touch in it personally and the main cast social links added much more to the story.

Personally I especially love the Social link in P3. Quite a lot of mature topics in the social link like Akinari who is very terminally ill and pondering about his life and place. There this mechanic called reverse arcana where basically u fuvking up ur relationships. I really love this mechanic as ur intimate person will actually gets jealous, actively mess ur cheating sunday plan and actually break off relationship (u have to win her heart back). U cannot pursue more than 1 intimate relationship in P3 and FES so no waifu master for you. The social link in P3 felt more natural and not list of waifu checklist and fusion link stat boost in other games.

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

@sakaixx: Screw you buddy! Just because I can't decide between Yukiko and Rise does not make me a bad person, nor does it make P4 not the best Persona game.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Never played Persona 3. I would be very keen on this

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sakaiXx

@Miyomatic: not the best persona game in my book.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@sakaixx: is it one of those things where you can get a bad ending? I remember that almost happened to me in P4G. Luckily I had an old save.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I absolutely loved P4G so that's fantastic news if the rumor is true. I need more Persona in my life!

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sakaiXx

@SolidGame_basic: the bad ending in P3 is very specific event so no. Easy to avoid than answering the 12 samey question in P4 lol but at that point P3 does a good job at making you want to do it like P4. The relationship in P3 have bit more weight cause of what will happen in the end.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

God, I hope not. I hate the way Atlus changed how you moved the characters, going from the "free movement in a 3D environment" like in P4 and P5 to almost a board game perspective.

If they wanted to thoroughly remake it, though? I'd be interested in it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SolidGame_basic

What is this about?!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#21  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

It's worth noting that Persona 3 Portable is essentially a visual novel in the social parts. You don't control and move the player around in the social parts like in P3 FES, but only in the dungeons. If they could make a definitive version combining the free-roaming of FES with the additional content of Portable, that would be ideal.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

^^^^^ What he said. P3P would be DOA if they released it as is in this day and age. They're going to have to make significant improvements so you can at least walk around the environments and not move a stupid cursor. I think P3P is the best version of Persona 3 atm but it'll need a bit more to be accepted in 2021. Atlus isn't stupid, though, and they've seen the blunders from Blizzard, Rockstar, etc. I have faith they won't blow this. ^^^^^