RUMOR: Leaked info About Sonys Killzone 4

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I highly enjoyed KZ3 mp and its basicly my second favorite fps mp with BF3 being first. So more KZ aint a bad thing.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I don't get the KZ controll bashing, I thought they were fine. They added a very fun feel to it, the guns feel great when you shoot them, they feel powerful. Something that Halo or COD or no other shooter can do. People b!tching about the controls are just over exaggerating, I doubt they even played the game.

And if it was the layout that they didn't like, they could have changed it in the options to being more standard ones. It's like you guys didn't even give the game a chance. It's like you said "Oh it's a high scoring PS3 FPS Exclusive, we're going to hate it just because we can't play it".

ShadowMoses900

How can someone give the game a chance if they can't play it?

KZ2 was good. I liked the campaign and the online was great, though they missed the mark by not letting servers be region locked and by allowing players to choose which servers to play on.

KZ3 had the same problem in that it allowed players to play on any servers, but it didn't have any of the good things KZ2 had MP wise. They put zero thought and effort into KZ3. All you have to look at to see it is the squads. You can form a party of 8 players for matches that cap out at 24 players... WTF?

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

The games get a lot of hate on here (that means it's good, the best games get hate) and it makes no sense. Wether people want to admit it or not, KZ has earned it's place among the big dogs of the FPS genre, it stands right up there with Halo and COD.

Sure it may not be as popualr as those games in terms of sales or numbers, but it's gameplay and tech rivals every FPS out there. It also has some of the best online MP this gen. I would love to see a new KZ game, Sony just needs to market the hell out of it.

And docking points for the weak storyline is just dumb, it's not like COD or Halo or ANY OTHER FPS game out there has a good storyline either, so if you want to dock KZ down for it's storyline then your going to have to dock them all. Though I heard GG was working on a fantasy FPS.

mems_1224

kz2 was awful. The controls were such s*** for that game. It looked good even though it had like one color but its nowhere near being a top fps. and the first halo has a pretty great story, reach and odst arent bad either

From what I played of halo 1 the story was boring as dirt.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I don't get the KZ controll bashing, I thought they were fine. They added a very fun feel to it, the guns feel great when you shoot them, they feel powerful. Something that Halo or COD or no other shooter can do. People b!tching about the controls are just over exaggerating, I doubt they even played the game.

And if it was the layout that they didn't like, they could have changed it in the options to being more standard ones. It's like you guys didn't even give the game a chance. It's like you said "Oh it's a high scoring PS3 FPS Exclusive, we're going to hate it just because we can't play it".

Pug-Nasty

KZ2 was good. I liked the campaign and the online was great, though they missed the mark by not letting servers be region locked and by allowing players to choose which servers to play on.

KZ3 had the same problem in that it allowed players to play on any servers, but it didn't have any of the good things KZ2 had MP wise. They put zero thought and effort into KZ3. All you have to look at to see it is the squads. You can form a party of 8 players for matches that cap out at 24 players... WTF?

I saw no problem with this region locked thing. It never affected any of my games. I personly found the gameplay experiance of KZ3 better then KZ2. KZ2 felt more like a giant cluster and every match and dont get me started on the craptastic spawn genades and rocket/greanade class.

DISSESHOWEDO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 DISSESHOWEDO
Member since 2010 • 1775 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

The games get a lot of hate on here (that means it's good, the best games get hate) and it makes no sense. Wether people want to admit it or not, KZ has earned it's place among the big dogs of the FPS genre, it stands right up there with Halo and COD.

Sure it may not be as popualr as those games in terms of sales or numbers, but it's gameplay and tech rivals every FPS out there. It also has some of the best online MP this gen. I would love to see a new KZ game, Sony just needs to market the hell out of it.

And docking points for the weak storyline is just dumb, it's not like COD or Halo or ANY OTHER FPS game out there has a good storyline either, so if you want to dock KZ down for it's storyline then your going to have to dock them all. Though I heard GG was working on a fantasy FPS.

mems_1224

kz2 was awful. The controls were such s*** for that game. It looked good even though it had like one color but its nowhere near being a top fps. and the first halo has a pretty great story, reach and odst arent bad either

The fisrt Halo has story, buhahahha, start your medication right now !!!

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I really liked Killzone 2, but after the changes they made to ruin Killzone 3, I think I'm done with the franchise.

NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
It's probably just Killzone vita. SonySmashBrosBR
this is what I was thinking
ebrezzy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ebrezzy1
Member since 2012 • 1427 Posts

oh killzone 4...*leaves*.....but since i clicked it here is my 2 cents....

the online was pretty fun

single player sucked

killzone 1-2-3

and 4

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#59 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

Pug-Nasty

I don't see the problem with region servers, you can just change it to a different region if you want to play with a bigger community (US and Europe, Middle East is the only one that's usually empty. But you can play and team up with Isralis on it so it's cool).

And I never had any issues with squads, I have no idea what your talking about. And lol at zero effort, KZ3 got great reviews, if they didn't try it wouldn't have gotten 8.5 from GS, 9.4 from Game Trailers ect....it got great scores.

And did you even play it? The gameplay was much improved, like melee combat and whatnot. I loved KZ2 but I thought KZ3 was much better. I would give the game a 9.5.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

I don't see the problem with region servers, you can just change it to a different region if you want to play with a bigger community (US and Europe, Middle East is the only one that's usually empty. But you can play and team up with Isralis on it so it's cool).

And I never had any issues with squads, I have no idea what your talking about. And lol at zero effort, KZ3 got great reviews, if they didn't try it wouldn't have gotten 8.5 from GS, 9.4 from Game Trailers ect....it got great scores.

And did you even play it? The gameplay was much improved, like melee combat and whatnot. I loved KZ2 but I thought KZ3 was much better. I would give the game a 9.5.

I agree on the KZ3 was a better mp experiance. This coming from a guy who spent hrs on both 2 and 3. What I missed from 2 was the mix skills and setting up matches. Matchmaking just sucked.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

finalfantasy94

I agree on the KZ3 was a better mp experiance. This coming from a guy who spent hrs on both 2 and 3. What I missed from 2 was the mix skills and setting up matches. Matchmaking just sucked.

KZ2 had a rank system like Halo 3 when it came to matchmaking, so it made more challenging I guess. Only problem I have with KZ3 is the matches are a bit too easy, especially ever since Sony camem out with the KZ3 MP demo/download. There are a lot of new guys on it and they feel just like XP farming lol.

Still the gameplay is top notch and I'm not mean to new players, I help them out and stuff. Everyone is new at one point or another.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

ShadowMoses900

The gameplay was excellent in 3. It's the one area that felt like an improvement to me. Actually, I'd say it has the best FPS gameplay I've ever felt.

What I am talking about with the squads is you get 8 people together for 24 player matches. That means if there are 3 squads, one of them has to be split in half. What monkey did the math on this? KZ2 made much more sense. KZ2 didn't have a party system, but you could create matches so it wasn't even an issue.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Killzone Vita? If so... HELL YEAH!

Also, I like how it's probably going to be Helghast based, I hate the human characters in KZ1-3.

BTW... [spoiler] Please tell me Rico dies in KZ3, he's one of the worst characters I've seen in any game [/spoiler]

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Pug-Nasty

The gameplay was excellent in 3. It's the one area that felt like an improvement to me. Actually, I'd say it has the best FPS gameplay I've ever felt.

What I am talking about with the squads is you get 8 people together for 24 player matches. That means if there are 3 squads, one of them has to be split in half. What monkey did the math on this? KZ2 made much more sense. KZ2 didn't have a party system, but you could create matches so it wasn't even an issue.

Oh I see your point, to be fair KZ2 did have squads and you could join friends and stuff. Still I thought KZ3 was better, despite the squad issue. But I don't play in a full squad, it's usually just me and a few buddies.

KZ2 did have a Halo 3 like matchmaking system which I thought made the game pretty challenging.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Loved both KZ2 and KZ3 , enjoyed boths SP and MP , and contrary to everybody elses opinions i prefer the latters MP solely because of Operations , it is awesome!

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Only decent KZ game was 2. Controls ruined it though. KZ3 was just a complete snooze fest. Not a single original bone in its body.

walkingdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 walkingdream
Member since 2009 • 4883 Posts
I'm interested despite my love for Halo LOL@ the Killzone and Halo Haters
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts

boooringRR360DD

Says the Halo nerd. :roll:

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts

The "jelly" is strong with the lems in this thread.:lol:

If only the Fable series had as much success to bounce back from a flop like the KZ series had, and what's worst is that KZ is striving at a over saturated market, while Fable isn't.:lol:

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10655 Posts

Another one of those

I wonder why Sony is wasting money in garbage like Resistance, Killzone and Infamous and dont support real games like Demons Souls

loosingENDS

because to take your opinion seriously would be blasphemous.

WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I like the Killzone franchise. To bad they screwed up Killzone 3;s multiplayer. But I like Killzone. I also like Blue Heelers and coitus.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#72 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

here's a hint: It'll be pretty but shallow gameplay. That was Killzone 2 anyways, still haven't played the 3rd cause my PS3 freezes EVERYTIME I try to. Only game it does it too.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

The "jelly" is strong with the lems in this thread.:lol:

If only the Fable series had as much success to bounce back from a flop like the KZ series had, and what's worst is that KZ is striving at a over saturated market, while Fable isn't.:lol:

ermacness

Success, in what capacity?

You do realize that Fable 3 is approaching 5 million units, and it outsold its predecessor, Fable 2 (which also sold 4+ million) while Killzone 3 sold LESS than its predecessor right? :|

You also realize that its currently outsold EVERY Killzone game ever made, along with every Uncharted game except for 2, and God of War 3?

Notsureifsrs. :lol:

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

probably for vita

but KZ4 needs to go back to killzone 2 setup. KZ3 catered to the cod fanbase a little too much

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
Meh; Killzone 2 was awful, Killzone 3 was even worst. Miroku32
Actually Killzone 2 is one of the best current FPS multiplayer games, gamespot gave it multiplayer of the year for a reason, and Killzone 3 was great as well.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

I'm up for another Killzone. I enjoyed 3 quite a bit.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I see KZ keeps rustling lems' jimmies.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Enough with Killzone already Sony. It's your worst franchise by far, make something new.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Enough with Killzone already Sony. It's your worst franchise by far, make something new.

Vari3ty

actually, Resistance was their worst franchise (bar the third game) and when it ACTUALLY becomes good, they cancel the series:|

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
sounds like a prequel to me....
Chuubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chuubby
Member since 2012 • 251 Posts

I would really like Killzone 4 on new hardware, preferably on the PS4 but the vita would also suffice. I skipped Killzone 3 due to what seemed like a lack of polish in all areas so hopefully GG can really nail everything in this next installment but in particular, if they could really fine tune the multiplayer which made Killzone 2 one of the best multiplayer experiences of the generation then I could see myself playing Killzone competitevely once more. ;)

UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

*yawn*

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Helghast campaign.

KZ3 controls

Everything else KZ2.

Good writiers.

Realise potential of setting and make a good story.

Thank you

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Helghast campaign.

KZ3 controls

Everything else KZ2.

Good writiers.

Realise potential of setting and make a good story.

Thank you

OB-47
as much as the helghast are better than the ISA... if we play as the helghast...then that will mean that we will have to kill boring generic ISA soldiers. No cool orange eyes to shoot!
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
I would like to see the series rise above mediocrity.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

If it's a Vita game, I don't care. If it's a PS3 game, they better not f*ck it up.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Love the Killzone universe! didnt like KZ3 but the universe is amazing, please give us Helghast campaign, im fed up of ISA

and please go back to Killzone 2 mechanics while keeping the good stuff from KZ3.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Vari3ty

facepalm

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

killzone 1 sucked before what made you think we wanted more?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#90 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] alot of people actually mems_1224
I thought people would be playing Gears...Reach is old news by now, infact, entire Halo franchise was old news when Halo 2 launched. People actually having a taste in online multiplayer shooters would have been playing Team Fortress 2 the last couple of years.

nah, that game was boring

Agree with DrTrafalgarLaw personally, TF2 >>>>> Halo

And no im not a halo hater, I own every Halo released, its not on TF2's level of fun though for me personally.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Awesome news......can't wait for the next Killzone 4 game.KZ2&3 are some of the best games this gen.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Good KZ3 is one of the best games this gen. Maybe all time.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#93 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

... I like Killzone ....

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 AtariKidX

themajormayor
I agree......it is a really amazing game for the PS3 only.
AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AtariKidX

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

sts106mat

not sure if serious charles

KZ games are 10times better than any Halo boring game.
CarnageHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 CarnageHeart
Member since 2002 • 18316 Posts
I liked a lot of KZ3 (IMHO the high point was the MAWLR) but I really disliked the lighter feel of the game. In KZ2 your guy handled like a guy wearing heavy armor and carrying heavy weapons (often with heavy recoil). In KZ3 your guy was lighter than a feather and able to carry even heavy cannons with ease and recoil was very minimal. On a related note, I was disappointed that the Big Daddy in Bioshock 2 felt and controlled nothing like the Big Daddies of Bioshock 1. I've got no problem with shooters which star jumpy boys, but does every single shooter need to 'feel' the same?
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]

[QUOTE="themajormayor"]

AtariKidX

not sure if serious charles

KZ games are 10times better than any Halo boring game.

Agreed I've played some Halo and it was really boring. I was thinking about buying an xbox 360 just for Halo. But after this I'm not so sure anymore...