Rumor: First Mass Effect 2 details.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

These features looks promising if true, I can't wait to see official details of the game.

Rumored Mass Effect 2 details:
-Platforms: Xbox 360, PC

-Release date: Xbox 360 - November 2009 (Worldwide), PC - TBA 2010

-Developer: BioWare, with support from EA and Microsoft Games Studios

-Publisher: EA

-Engine: Unreal Engine 3 (Custom)

-Mass Effect 2 is a 6-month timed exclusive game for the Xbox 360

-The same team that worked on Mass Effect is working on Mass Effect 2

-Mass Effect 2 has been in development since July 2007,
total development time for Mass Effect 2 will be 28 Months

-The story in Mass Effect 2 will continue 2 months after Mass Effect

-The story will not continue depending on the last decision made by the player in Mass Effect, it will however continue after the PC version ending

-The character created in Mass Effect can be transported into Mass Effect 2 via save-files

-Level cap has been increased to Level 120

-Physics will be power by Havok

-Bioware has spent an enormous time on facial animations and charater movement animations, so expect animation quality to be at the very top.

-BioWare is using the Unreal Engnine 3 for graphics, with many custom changes made, graphics will be better than in Gears of War 2

-Water is confirmed to have fluid simulation, also, if a player or NPC dies on water, the players body will slowly sink, this also applies to weapons and certain objects

-The Game Over sequence has been reduced to 1.78 Seconds, due to complains from fans over the long Game Over sequence in Mass Effect

-Mass Effect 2 will have up to 5-player CO-OP, depending on the host players decision of how many players will be able to assist him/her

-There will be a Multiplayer component called Survival, where players will crash on a planet and battle to survive against endless hordes of enemies, the score will be determined on how many enemies will be killed and how much time players will be able to survive, there is no end to this mode, it's a very similar mode to Gears of War 2's Horde.

-Armor has to be repaired, armor will also react to different weapons,
bullets will damage it, fire will melt it, ice will freeze it,...

-The player can now lead a squad of 2-5 members, the player decides how many squad members will be on each mission

-The Citadel is now much larger, and whenever a player visits the Citadel all members of the players squad go with him/her, the squad will interact with other NPC's if you allow them to

-Battles wil be on a much larger scale, reported scale is the same as in Gears of War 2

-There will 2 more clas$es added to the aditional cla$$es from the first game

-The Galaxy has been expanded, you can now explore 8 times more planets than in Mass Effect, also, every planet now has a bigger scale, players will be able to set up small bases on planets with a sustainable atmosphere

-The player will be able to create mines near resources and send resources to Earth or by the decision of the player mine illegaly and collect all resources for him/her self

-Weapons can be upgraded and customized, the weapon arsenal has been expanded, the player can now carry a bionic arm on each arm, the player can dual wield not just pistols, but also shotguns and semi-automatic weapons

-One new weapon is called "The Scilary", it's a missile based weapon, the player marks a targed on the ground and then shoots a missile into the air, the missile is then split into multiple pieces and hits the target and an area around it

-The player can now equip a knife, the knife can be customized and upgraded, the knife can also be used with different powers, i.e. the knife can be thrown and then brought back, the knife will also react to environment hazards, i.e. a knife over fire will cause it to catch fire and eventually melt

-There will be Boss Battles in the game

-Depending on the decision made by the player on Noveria to either spare or kill the Rachni, they will assist you during a crucial time or you will be left alone

-Preston Watamaniuk, the Lead Designer hints at more and larger environment hazards,
for example a volcano erruption than can destroy a base built by the player, another example is an ice storm of different colors, dependning on the planets atmosphere

-The primary planetary exploration vehicle can now be upgraded and customized,
it can also be expanded to carry up to 4 members of your squad

-The armor can now be upgraded and customized to the players liking, similar to the weapon customization, the player can now select a certain part of the armor, i.e. the left shoulder and put a small picture on it, i.e. the Earth's flag

-The second mission will be to save a squad member that was believed to be dead in Mass Effect, depending on the decision made on planet Virmire (the cloning facility mission), you will have to rescue the squad member left behind,
the story will explain how the squad member survived the detonation

-Planet Eden Prime can now be visited, explored and the player can now build his own house on the planet, same with many other planets

-The total number of interactive NPC's you can talk to is around 3000,
total number of NPC's in Mass Effect 2 is unknown.

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=32395

Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts

I didn't enjoy the first mass effect (flame sheild on), so I am not sure if I will even bother getting mass effect 2.

Edit: Thanks for Bolding.

Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts
Pretty sure this is fake. I remember seeing this list at the forums at GameTrailers a week or two ago and the source was a link to GameSpot that didn't work with the excuse that "it was taken down"
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
really, given the amount of time it takes for RPG's to be developed, and the fact that Bioware has so much in develoment right now (inclduing a full fledged RPG, and an MMO (which is obviously gonna be taking up most of their recources)) I cant see Mass Effect 2 coming out next year, or probably even the year after that.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
lets hope atleast half of the things on that list are true
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I bet EA can't wait to free up Bioware from this Contractual deal. This is a well received game, but the sales aren't the juggernaut people were expecting.

If allowed to go multiplatform (EA's Specialty), this game, or Bioware's Future endeavors will have a bigger impact for EA and Bioware.

I'm looking forward to this though, should be fun...and now we actually have a game we can talk about for 360's Xmas Next year.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lawlessx

really, given the amount of time it takes for RPG's to be developed, and the fact that Bioware has so much in develoment right now (inclduing a full fledged RPG, and an MMO (which is obviously gonna be taking up most of their recources)) I cant see Mass Effect 2 coming out next year, or probably even the year after that.cobrax75

bioware did say to expect mass effect 2 "soon,but not to soon"

that was said once the game was relesed.

lantus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 lantus
Member since 2006 • 10591 Posts
The PC version had a different ending? Someone mind filling me in on this?
Il_Exile_lI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Il_Exile_lI
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts
this is fake, if you follow the links, it ends up at a dead gamespot link
DeadSpaceXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DeadSpaceXIII
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts
I saw this post before earlier today. I think its fake if not YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ME2
Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Sounds awesome. Can't wait already
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I didn't enjoy the first game, hopefully this one will fix my problems with it.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HAZE-Unit

lets hope atleast half of the things on that list are true lawlessx

I hope so too, the 5 co-op mode would be amazing and I think continuing with the same character is believable.

thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
As much as I loved Mass Effect, I am not particularly excited for the new features mentioned in the rumor. All I want is unique items, at least some non-leveled planets that have insanely good loot, a story of similar caliber to the first, and, of course, better explorable worlds. In ME1, they set an amazing framework for future games, but I'm not sure I'm really liking what this rumor claims is being built on this framework.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Well if that's true some of the stuff was kind of a spoiler:(
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
I've played through Mass Effect four complete times now (considering a fifth), so this kind of news excites me. I look forward to putting another 100+ hours in the sequel.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HAZE-Unit

really, given the amount of time it takes for RPG's to be developed, and the fact that Bioware has so much in develoment right now (inclduing a full fledged RPG, and an MMO (which is obviously gonna be taking up most of their recources)) I cant see Mass Effect 2 coming out next year, or probably even the year after that.cobrax75

The game was released in 2007 and the next game is rumoured to be released next Xmass, it is not so hard to believe it could happen, the engine is there ready.

dsan224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 dsan224
Member since 2006 • 1552 Posts
will the game be rated T or M? i really thought the first game was cool but i could never get it cuz its rated M which sucks.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lawlessx

will the game be rated T or M? i really thought the first game was cool but i could never get it cuz its rated M which sucks.dsan224

i'd assumed it will be rated M like the first game.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]lets hope atleast half of the things on that list are true HAZE-Unit

I hope so too, the 5 co-op mode would be amazing and I think continuing with the same character is believable.

bioware already told us that we would be able to use the same character from the first game and that the level cap would increase to 120.

the 5 player co-op however is something i do not believe.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 HAZE-Unit

As much as I loved Mass Effect, I am not particularly excited for the new features mentioned in the rumor. All I want is unique items, at least some non-leveled planets that have insanely good loot, a story of similar caliber to the first, and, of course, better explorable worlds. In ME1, they set an amazing framework for future games, but I'm not sure I'm really liking what this rumor claims is being built on this framework.thepwninator

Yea I think they should make every planet more engaging rather than going to one place only where there are 4-10 enemies to kill then going back to the Normandy.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
O_O Whew. All I need is a confirmation and this will be my most anticipated game for 2009. Loved the first Mass Effect.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]As much as I loved Mass Effect, I am not particularly excited for the new features mentioned in the rumor. All I want is unique items, at least some non-leveled planets that have insanely good loot, a story of similar caliber to the first, and, of course, better explorable worlds. In ME1, they set an amazing framework for future games, but I'm not sure I'm really liking what this rumor claims is being built on this framework.HAZE-Unit

Yea I think they should make every planet more engaging rather than going to one place only where there are 4-10 enemies to kill then going back to the Normandy.

Yeah. I loved the original, but there were places where it definitely needed work.

I want deep and involved sidequests, dammit!

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]lets hope atleast half of the things on that list are true lawlessx

bioware already told us that we would be able to use the same character from the first game and that the level cap would increase to 120.

the 5 player co-op however is something i do not believe.

I didn't know about that, good news, The level cap is really something cool.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lawlessx
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]As much as I loved Mass Effect, I am not particularly excited for the new features mentioned in the rumor. All I want is unique items, at least some non-leveled planets that have insanely good loot, a story of similar caliber to the first, and, of course, better explorable worlds. In ME1, they set an amazing framework for future games, but I'm not sure I'm really liking what this rumor claims is being built on this framework.thepwninator

Yeah. I loved the original, but there were places where it definitely needed work.

and more "point gun at NPC" moments :twisted:

hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts

I bet EA can't wait to free up Bioware from this Contractual deal. This is a well received game, but the sales aren't the juggernaut people were expecting.

If allowed to go multiplatform (EA's Specialty), this game, or Bioware's Future endeavors will have a bigger impact for EA and Bioware.

I'm looking forward to this though, should be fun...and now we actually have a game we can talk about for 360's Xmas Next year.

SolidTy
If anything, people were skeptical to buy it because it was an unproven franchise. The first had an amazing story, and I think the majority that bought the first will buy the second, plus people on the fence of the first may be inclined to get this after seeing how the first was embraced for the most part.
HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HAZE-Unit
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

[QUOTE="thepwninator"]As much as I loved Mass Effect, I am not particularly excited for the new features mentioned in the rumor. All I want is unique items, at least some non-leveled planets that have insanely good loot, a story of similar caliber to the first, and, of course, better explorable worlds. In ME1, they set an amazing framework for future games, but I'm not sure I'm really liking what this rumor claims is being built on this framework.thepwninator

I loved the sidequests, it reminded me somehow of the past fallout games but in fallout it was so deep and engaging just like you said, that is what we need to see in ME2.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
I havn't even brought myself to finish the first Mass Effect. I played it for a good 4-5 hours and havn't touched it in months. Got so bored :cry:
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lawlessx

I havn't even brought myself to finish the first Mass Effect. I played it for a good 4-5 hours and havn't touched it in months. Got so bored :cry:Couth_

do you remember what class you picked?

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Couth_

[QUOTE="Couth_"]I havn't even brought myself to finish the first Mass Effect. I played it for a good 4-5 hours and havn't touched it in months. Got so bored :cry:lawlessx

No actually I don't. How much of a difference does it make? :o
hopesfall2own

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hopesfall2own
Member since 2008 • 2714 Posts
[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Couth_"]I havn't even brought myself to finish the first Mass Effect. I played it for a good 4-5 hours and havn't touched it in months. Got so bored :cry:Couth_

alot..the engineer class is bad. The soldier and vangard are the best..
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts
I'll bet a lot of that isn't true, but still it sounds cool. Can someone explain how the pc version ended since it says it uses that ending and not the one you chose in the 360 version?
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Couth_
alot..the engineer class is bad. The soldier and vangard are the best..hopesfall2own
I remember I definitely didn't pick the engineer... I'm usually a soldier type guy, that's probably what I chose
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Couth_"][QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Couth_"]I havn't even brought myself to finish the first Mass Effect. I played it for a good 4-5 hours and havn't touched it in months. Got so bored :cry:hopesfall2own

alot..the engineer class is bad. The soldier and vangard are the best..

being an engineer isnt that bad,but being a sentinel is just boring.

best class to start the game out in my opinion is a vanguard.8)

mephisto_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mephisto_11
Member since 2008 • 1880 Posts
a lot of that sounds fake. can't see coop in mass effect
TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
Awesome!!! Mass Effect is the second best RPG of the gen, IMO. ;)
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

If allowed to go multiplatform (EA's Specialty),

SolidTy

According to SW it already is Multiplatform, there is no such thing as console exclusive.

Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts

I didn't enjoy the first mass effect (flame sheild on), so I am not sure if I will even bother getting mass effect 2.

Dr_Snood

Yeah, I found the first Mass Effect to be pretty lacking as well.

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lolkie_81
[QUOTE="Dr_Snood"]

Zhengi

Yeah, I found the first Mass Effect to be pretty lacking as well.

I wasnt expecting to like it, but I really enjoyed the game. I couldnt bring myself to replay the game, I tried but the fun was no longer there for me.

blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MASS EFFECT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just beat the first one the other day, amazing game

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

lolkie_81

According to SW it already is Multiplatform, there is no such thing as console exclusive.

Forget SW, I was talking the real world in that post.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

A sequel to an excellent rpg is always welcomed but I want a KOTOR game first though.

violent_spinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 violent_spinal
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts
best class to start the game out in my opinion is a vanguard.8)lawlessx

8)

The biggest thing I'd like to see, if waaay better side-quests.
Just not seeing the same planet, same mines, with a different name.
That's really the only problem I had with ME.

And, a lot of that sounds cool, but I'm a little confused about how the story stuff would work.
What if you played multiple times? Would what happened on your last play-through count towards what would happen in-game? Well, I think I answered my own question lol.

It looks like it's fake anyways.
Oh, wells.
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lolkie_81
[QUOTE="lolkie_81"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Forget SW, I was talking the real world in that post.

Sorry I forgot my :P face. I was being sarcastic, I had a huge argument about that very subject today.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts

-The second mission will be to save a squad member that was believed to be dead in Mass Effect, depending on the decision made on planet Virmire (the cloning facility mission), you will have to rescue the squad member left behind,

HAZE-Unit

That's a VERY stupid idea

Xire_XII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#46 Xire_XII
Member since 2007 • 3092 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Juggernaut140

Agreed. A lot of this sounds fake and or just silly. Why would I want a "house" on Eden Prime? It just doesn't sound appealing to me. The feeling of Mass Effect that I had was I was always on the run, always on the chase, always exploring while aboard my ship with my crew. Having a place to settle down doesn't make much sense to me. Then again, they could always change the pacing of it.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts
[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"][spoiler] -The second mission will be to save a squad member that was believed to be dead in Mass Effect, depending on the decision made on planet Virmire (the cloning facility mission), you will have to rescue the squad member left behind,the story will explain how the squad member survived the detonation [/spoiler] Juggernaut140

Agreed. Kind of takes away from one of the ideas behind the name "Mass Effect". The fact that there were only a few 'real' choices doesn't help either.
WillieBeamish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WillieBeamish
Member since 2008 • 1289 Posts

Mass Effect 2 will be RPGOTY, hands-down for 2009. Mass Effect 1 was epic, all haters can hate, it doesn't effect me at all :P

having said that, this rumor is complete BS. There is no such thing as a planned 28 month development cycle. Dev cycles are calculated in quarters (ie 3 months) 28 months = 9 quarters plus an extra month. Nobody in the industry makes crap up like that. If it goes a month over schedule, that's one thing, but to plan it that way 2 years in advance is a made-up lie.

blackdreamhunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blackdreamhunk
Member since 2007 • 3880 Posts
that is sweet news i am getting it for pc for sure :) any I have to thank you MS mass effect rocks.
blackeneddeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blackeneddeath
Member since 2008 • 930 Posts

[QUOTE="HAZE-Unit"]

Juggernaut140

I thought the main thing would be is to hunt out the remaining "ships"... I could see that as a sub plot though...