Rumor: Death Stranding coming to PC ! Surprise surprise as an epic store exclusive !

• 73 results
GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@true_link said:

Amazing how PC fannies are suddenly excited with movie games.

Actually my reaction to this was /shrug, That's not going to entice me to get behind Epic's shit store.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#52  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Jag85 said:
@davillain- said:

Back then, Kojima wanted to bring Death Stranding to PC before Sony made it official it'll be PS4 exclusive but I'm sure Death Stranding will show it's way to PC at a later date once Death Stranding releases. Kojima knows the PC platform is well love and even himself, he was thrill when Metal Gear Solid 5 looks amazing on PC.

Kojima started his career as a PC developer, developing games for home computers like the MSX and PC-88 in the '80s. And even Metal Gear itself began as a PC game series, on the MSX. But after the 16-bit era, PC became mostly irrelevant in Japan, so he's happy to see PC making a comeback in Japan over the last few years.

I came late to the world of PC (started PC gaming in 2007) but I always thought it was on NES. Thanks for the history lession :)

It's worth noting that Kojima had nothing to do with the NES version, or the NES spin-off Snake's Revenge. The only canon 8-bit MG games are the ones Kojima actually developed, MG1 on the MSX, and its sequel MG2 Solid Snake.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:
@davillain- said:

Back then, Kojima wanted to bring Death Stranding to PC before Sony made it official it'll be PS4 exclusive but I'm sure Death Stranding will show it's way to PC at a later date once Death Stranding releases. Kojima knows the PC platform is well love and even himself, he was thrill when Metal Gear Solid 5 looks amazing on PC.

Kojima started his career as a PC developer, developing games for home computers like the MSX and PC-88 in the '80s. And even Metal Gear itself began as a PC game series, on the MSX. But after the 16-bit era, PC became mostly irrelevant in Japan, so he's happy to see PC making a comeback in Japan over the last few years.

I'm glad you brought that up because people don't realize that Kojima's actual background was in PC or Computer games. If I remember correctly he even said the exact same thing in one of his interviews at the time of MGS V.

Kojima was mainly a PC developer from the '80s to the mid-90s. He had no real interest in developing for consoles until the PS1 came along. And that's only because the PC gaming market was dying in Japan around the mid-90s, forcing many Japanese PC devs to jump ship to consoles.

Yeah and how the times have changed. It's consoles now that are dying in Japan and PC gaming is on the rise.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8488 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@true_link said:

@Dark_sageX: two threads about PC Fannies being excited made that clear.

And they're not going to sell well because they're mediocre? Lmao, we're talking about PC Fannies, they buy visual trash novels, you don't have good taste lol.

why are you mad if its coming to PC recloud?

all japanese games are now coming to PC including JRPGs. who would have though a final fantasy would be release on PC during last gen?

PC market is bigger in Japan now than before. and kojima is huge PC fan.

plus this looks only interesting sony exclusive so far imo.

I thought you hated nudity.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

Good. Anything that angers pc fanboys makes me happy.

I have been saying steam sucks for years. 1 less reason to use it.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127516 Posts

Epic store exclusive? Well look another game I won't bother with.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@ghosts4ever: lol, are you so triggered to the point you're not talking about fps anymore, PC Fanny? LMAO

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#58 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24960 Posts

@true_link said:

@ghosts4ever: lol, are you so triggered to the point you're not talking about fps anymore, PC Fanny? LMAO

because this thread is not about FPS. but i wont be surprise since Japan enter PC, some of thier developer will make a SP FPS.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

I'm cool with this if Epic are the reasons its even coming to PC in the first place, same with the Quantic Dream games.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 NoodleFighter

@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:
@davillain- said:

I'm glad you brought that up because people don't realize that Kojima's actual background was in PC or Computer games. If I remember correctly he even said the exact same thing in one of his interviews at the time of MGS V.

Kojima was mainly a PC developer from the '80s to the mid-90s. He had no real interest in developing for consoles until the PS1 came along. And that's only because the PC gaming market was dying in Japan around the mid-90s, forcing many Japanese PC devs to jump ship to consoles.

Yeah and how the times have changed. It's consoles now that are dying in Japan and PC gaming is on the rise.

Asia's overall Premium PC game market is growing not just China and not just F2P games. I'm starting to see some Asian indie games from Korea and other Asian countries popping up.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#61  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19587 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

Asia's overall Premium PC game market is growing not just China and not just F2P games. I'm starting to see some Asian indie games from Korea and other Asian countries popping up.

Seems like Asian PC gaming culture has been having an impact on Japan lately... For a long time, Japan was the odd one out, the only console-centric nation on an otherwise PC-centric continent.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#62 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

I'm cool with this if Epic are the reasons its even coming to PC in the first place, same with the Quantic Dream games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#63 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

Seems like Asian PC gaming culture has been having an impact on Japan lately... For a long time, Japan was the odd one out, the only console-centric nation on an otherwise PC-centric continent.

Accurate.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 NoodleFighter

@Jag85 said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Jag85 said:

I think Asia's mobile market is also playing a big factor in this. Mobile sits at number 1 in all Asian countries with PC being the only platform that can coexist along side it. A lot of mobile games get ported to PC and vice versa with cross plat play which is likely what gets them to dip their toes into PC gaming and then try out everything else it has to offer once they get familiar enough with it. You can also emulate mobile games on a PC. Some PC online games such as Blade & Soul and Closers have gotten anime adaptions. The Japanese cast for Elsword anime has some pretty prominent voice actors such as Miyuki Sawashiro who voices Kurapika from Hunter X Hunter which is one of the most popular manga series only being outdone by One Piece currently. Korea and the rest of Asia are also making "fake anime" games on PC which are likely to attract Japanese players as well.

Xmanblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Xmanblue
Member since 2019 • 1 Posts

Hopefully

Spider-Man, Bloodborne and Death Stranding make the jump to PC as well.

Spider-Man needs Ultrawide 1440p and 100FPS gameplay

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#66  Edited By Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts
@true_link said:

@Dark_sageX: two threads about PC Fannies being excited made that clear.

And they're not going to sell well because they're mediocre? Lmao, we're talking about PC Fannies, they buy visual trash novels, you don't have good taste lol.

Well cows make Xbox threads everyday, with that logic I guess cows care more about xbox than lems do? or more importantly, they care about the xbox more than they do the playstation?

And visual novels? the most popular games on PC are either shooters or RTSs and a few indie side scrollers, where are these "visual trash novels" you are talking about? that sounds like something only console peasants can tolerate.

My taste is good enough to know that these games are mediocre, actually its difficult to even call them "games".

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#67 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@vfighter: The system requirements for Detroit is already out, its pretty much confirmed already, those games are coming to the epic store (PC basically)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

Didn't Sony send Quantic Dreams packing....of course they were gonna take their old titles and put them on PC now that Sony doesn't give a shit about them.

I do see an angle, that Microsoft spends more time pushing Steam than they do Win10 store, and opposite of Steam is Epic. So maybe Sony wants to throw it in their face, and support Epic while MS supports Steam.

Fact is, cloud gaming is coming, and if Sony wants traditional gaming to survive on PC, supporting Epic makes sense. I checked and Kojima is a 2nd party, so does seem weird, but I could see it happen, maybe.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

What's going to happen when Fortnite dies?

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

didn't kojima pretty much say he wanted to do PC games after he left konami

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@Dark_sageX: Sad Sad Pc Fanny... Sorry there are no threads about the Xbox on the first page so I don't know what you're talking about, meanwhile there are 3 PC Fanny threads about consoles or console exclusives LMAO.

DrSerigala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#72 DrSerigala
Member since 2018 • 208 Posts

Hahah, at this rate next gen we will see all Sony first party coming to PC day one, like what xbox do this gen

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#73 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34670 Posts

It's fine. It's just movie games.