ROUND 1: Gears of war 2 VS killzone 2 witch is better!!!

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bloombergmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bloombergmoney
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
Now what game is better and why... If you can't tell me in detail don't comment....
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#2 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Can't compare.
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Gears 2, co-op campaign, better paced campaign, executions, chainsaw gun.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17461 Posts
Now what game is better and why... If you can't tell me in detail don't comment....bloombergmoney
Id have to go with gears 2 because of the gameplay, and and story. K2 will win in graphics (obviously), but the gameplay is nothing special, and online sucks (it only sucks because im a noob :P) Overall, Gears 2 is the better game, but K2 is not that far behind.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Gears 2.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SparkyProtocol
I have only played against bots in KZ2 but I prefer Gears 2. More competitive, in your face, and badass.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts

KZ2

I'll only compare the SP because I haven't played the MP of Gears 2.

KZ2 SP was FAR more intense. I loved it.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Killzone 2. Playing through it again this time on the 3rd difficulty, the encounters are so much more engaging, online is faaaaaaaaar superior, using the weapons is a much more satisfying experience. And graphically it's just, tops. Gears 2 disappointed me so much, it's hard to put into words.
Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
Where did this come from? Does any one remember that last time we had this same comparison?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50676 Posts
Where did this come from? Does any one remember that last time we had this same comparison?tylergamereview
Check the post count. It's expected...
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SparkyProtocol
Killzone 2. Playing through it again this time on the 3rd difficulty, the encounters are so much more engaging, online is faaaaaaaaar superior, using the weapons is a much more satisfying experience. And graphically it's just, tops. Gears 2 disappointed me so much, it's hard to put into words. inertk
I do not see how you wouldn't like Gears 2 if you liked Gears 1.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"]Killzone 2. Playing through it again this time on the 3rd difficulty, the encounters are so much more engaging, online is faaaaaaaaar superior, using the weapons is a much more satisfying experience. And graphically it's just, tops. Gears 2 disappointed me so much, it's hard to put into words. SparkyProtocol

I could host a 30 minute seminar explaining why. Powerpoint presentations, slides, diagrams. The works.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
I can't say, having not played Killzone 2, but Gears 2 is pretty freaking awesome.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="inertk"]Killzone 2. Playing through it again this time on the 3rd difficulty, the encounters are so much more engaging, online is faaaaaaaaar superior, using the weapons is a much more satisfying experience. And graphically it's just, tops. Gears 2 disappointed me so much, it's hard to put into words. inertk

I could host a 30 minute seminar explaining why. Powerpoint presentations, slides, diagrams. The works.

Please do. Gears 2 out classes Gear 1 in every way. :| (imo)
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] I do not see how you wouldn't like Gears 2 if you liked Gears 1.SparkyProtocol

Yeah, in your opinion. It doesn't in mine. :| Glad we're cleared that up.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="inertk"] I could host a 30 minute seminar explaining why. Powerpoint presentations, slides, diagrams. The works. inertk

Ok... Could you explain why you liked Gears 1 but not Gears 2 now?
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Please do. Gears 2 out classes Gear 1 in every way. :| (imo)SparkyProtocol

I put IMO btw so you didn't need to point it out >.>
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

As someone who bought the first one but isn't sure about picking up the second, I too would like to know.

[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] Please do. Gears 2 out classes Gear 1 in every way. :| (imo)SparkyProtocol

Mr_Ditters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#19 Mr_Ditters
Member since 2008 • 1920 Posts

Gears 2 had too many problems for me to tolerate. I sold it. Slow matchmaking, host advantage, glitches, and bullet lag were awful. That was after all of Epic's so called fixes. Its really a shame. It could have been so awsome.

Haven't sold Killzone 2 yet. The more I play it. The more I like it. I just wish they had team elimination with no respawn.

bloombergmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bloombergmoney
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
To be real I didn't like gears 1 cuz it really didn't have a story at all.. gears 2 I didn't like at all.. could had been way better..
tmntPunchout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tmntPunchout
Member since 2007 • 3770 Posts

KZ2 was a more immersive experience for me. The best thing about GeoW2 was horde mode and if it weren't for coop, I wouldn't have even attempted to complete the easy campaign (easy even on insane but it may have been due to coop).

Either way, I wouldn't say either of those games were really even near to being my favorites this gen.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Killzone 2Love the multiplayer leveling and the more the marrier IMO. Great action through ALL campaign levels.

Didn't like the story fillers in the single player campaign of Gears 2 ex. the whole heart thing felt like a, How can we make the campaign longer? Horrible lag (maybe they fixed it but when it was released the multiplayer lag was crazy) with only 10 people lag should not have been an issue.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 inertk

Urgh. Christ.

1) The difference in the visuals, lost a lot of the "gritty" feel that the original had.

2) The campaign, and more specifically the vehicle sections were horrid. Attempts at being serious were, poor. Had no lasting effect either, but in all fairness that's to be expected. Not to say Killzone's story is any good. It's dreck. But as I was playing through it Co-op with my friend, we both came to the conclusion that Gear's story is dreck, but dreck that doesn't know it's dreck. On rails sections were crap.

3) The game wasn't complete when I bought it, numerous glitches in SP and MP. Hitboxes are EVERYWHERE at once.

4) 2 years later the netcode was just as bad, if not worse than the original. Nowhere near as consistent either. Horrible matchmaking. Yeah.

5) Guess this counts, I don't find chainsaw battles impressive?

6) Maps weren't as good.

7) Changes to the gameplay didn't agree with me, even slight ones like the shotgun nerf. Sticky grenades and smoke bombs.

8) Wasn't as entertaining as the first *The most important part*, probably because the novelty wore off. I say that, but I enjoyed Gears 1 up until I stopped playing it, but since Gears 2 didn't come across as all that fresh it's easy to understand.

9) Bots, though a welcome addition -- were dumb and slow. So basically pointless considering the Gear's gameplay. Not to say there weren't elements I enjoyed, I loved Horde with friends the first time around, but I never touched it again after hitting the last stage. And parts of the campaign were great but everything else, I couldn't handle.

Traded the game in about a month after having it. Never looked back.

gedbyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gedbyz
Member since 2009 • 604 Posts

Gears 2. In no other game can you both shoot and stomp a rivals head off. Also the chainsaw is just the frosting on the cake. It is better than T-bagging someone Imo. It has that total bad ass feel to it.

Grady420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Grady420
Member since 2008 • 430 Posts

I could not even finish Killzone 2 bc I was bored with game. I loved the campaign for GEOW2 and the multiplayer was pretty good besides some online tachnical issues every once and a while.

rwbojorquez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rwbojorquez
Member since 2003 • 1031 Posts
[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="inertk"]Killzone 2. Playing through it again this time on the 3rd difficulty, the encounters are so much more engaging, online is faaaaaaaaar superior, using the weapons is a much more satisfying experience. And graphically it's just, tops. Gears 2 disappointed me so much, it's hard to put into words. inertk

And why would people like kz2 if maybe most people did not like kz1. It just does not make sence right.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] I do not see how you wouldn't like Gears 2 if you liked Gears 1.rwbojorquez

And why would people like kz2 if maybe most people did not like kz1. It just does not make sence right.

Could you re-word that. :P
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tylergamereview
[QUOTE="rwbojorquez"][QUOTE="inertk"] I could host a 30 minute seminar explaining why. Powerpoint presentations, slides, diagrams. The works. SparkyProtocol

Could you re-word that. :P

Please? For the both of us?
StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
killzone 2 online FTW..... GOW single player FTW...... and that the truth
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 inertk
[QUOTE="inertk"][QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"] I do not see how you wouldn't like Gears 2 if you liked Gears 1.rwbojorquez

... eh? Dunno if you meant to quote him or me, but even so -- KZ2 and KZ1 are lightyears apart in terms of design.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SparkyProtocol
Where did this come from? Does any one remember that last time we had this same comparison?tylergamereview
It was back in July 2009. It has been awhile by SW years(which change speed depending on the topic)
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tylergamereview
[QUOTE="tylergamereview"]Where did this come from? Does any one remember that last time we had this same comparison?SparkyProtocol
It was back in July 2009. It has been awhile by SW years(which change speed depending on the topic)

I know. KZ2 and GeOW2 threads lasted a while but they kinda died. Not sure why this is here exactly... Oh, wait. July. Time really does fly in System Wars...
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
For me Gears is definitly winner in most aspects
Maqda7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 Maqda7
Member since 2008 • 3299 Posts
Single player: Gears of War 2> Killzone 2 Online multiplayer: Killzone 2> Gears of War 2
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

comparing a third person shooter to a first person shooter yeah right you cant compare the do

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Gameplay :- though one game is an FPS while the other is a 3rd person shooter, both offer a solid gameplay, so here its a draw..

Visuals :- Both look amazing, however KZ2 wins here, iots not the current console graphics king for nothing... KZ2 wins

Story :- Not an area where both games excel however I prefare the Geow universe and found Geow2 to have a better story.. Geow2 wins

Online :- Both offer a great online, Geow2's HORDE MODE is amazing, however KZ2's online is more immersive with badges/ribbons/upgrades etc ... KZ2 wins

Co-op :- well no contest here, KZ2 doesnt offer co-op while Goew2 has a solid co-op mode.. Geow2 wins

Sound :- KZ2 is great, if you are lucky enough to have a good sound system you'll know why... KZ2 wins

Characters :- Both have varied and interesting characters though they are what to expect from a war-based shooter, so again its a draw..

Its a close battle between these two and its not easy to choose, however for me i'd still say KZ2 was better overall, but its just a matter of personal taste :)

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#37 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts
This is a stupid thread...known lemmings are of course going to say gears2 even though its using the crappy unreal 3 engine and the mp is broken and sucks when it works. The gameplay in KZ2 is great and so are the graphics... and the mp is being supported and upgraded unlike gears... we are about to get our 3rd dlc map pack!! and a major overhaul patch this week. The map pack comes with the bolt gun and flamethrower in mp that any class can use. KZ2 is the graphics king even in mp with spectacular gameplay. Gears series was even crap on the pc with higher resolution.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SparkyProtocol
This is a stupid thread...known lemmings are of course going to say gears2 even though its using the crappy unreal 3 engine and the mp is broken and sucks when it works. The gameplay in KZ2 is great and so are the graphics... and the mp is being supported and upgraded unlike gears... we are about to get our 3rd dlc map pack!! and a major overhaul patch this week. The map pack comes with the bolt gun and flamethrower in mp that any class can use. KZ2 is the graphics king even in mp with spectacular gameplay. Gears series was even crap on the pc with higher resolution. Midnightshade29
The UE3 is crappy? I like how you say KZ2 has better graphics than Gears and right after that you mention KZ2s flamethrower. /facepalm
Magik85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Magik85
Member since 2009 • 1078 Posts
If UE3 is so crappy then KZ2 must look like crap for you also since it looks more less on par with GeOW2 (depends of location_)
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SparkyProtocol
If UE3 is so crappy then KZ2 must look like crap for you also since it looks more less on par with GeOW2 (depends of location_)Magik85
Yeah! Mass Effect 1 and 2 and Bioshock 1 and 2 look crappy! Don't forget about UT3! /sarcasm
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Gears 2 of course. :| KZ2 doesnt hold a candel to it. Typical "we spent all our time and budget making things look grey" mistake and the end result is rubbish controlls with bad unbalanced mulitplayer full of idiots that spawn out of green smoke, opposit your green smoke and fire a freaking rocket at the ground suciding. Then you repeat that tll you win.

I wont go into the forgetable characters and rather forgetable campaign which while fun wasn't as epic as gears 2.

Kurdish-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kurdish-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts
Of course Killzone 2, are you kidding me?
Riotr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Riotr
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

coop is the main selling point for me, so GeOW2 imo is the better game

mceleste11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mceleste11
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

GOW2..

Just a overall cooler game..

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
uncharted would be a better compare because they are both 3rth person and use a cover system... KZ2 is great but the cover system is kinda nonexistent in single player and doesnt exist in multiplayer
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

oh noes.. february's back!

Trmpt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Trmpt
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts

Gears 2 had too many problems for me to tolerate. I sold it. Slow matchmaking, host advantage, glitches, and bullet lag were awful. That was after all of Epic's so called fixes. Its really a shame. It could have been so awsome.

Haven't sold Killzone 2 yet. The more I play it. The more I like it. I just wish they had team elimination with no respawn.

Mr_Ditters
I dont know how recently you sold it but you know they fixed all of those problems right?
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#48 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Gears2. Both have great graphics but imo Gears is more fun. Coop, horde, etc

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
Single Player Gears of War 2, the campaign had better pacing, far more variety with its set pieces, better combat scenarios, worked extremely well especially in Cooperative mode, executions were satisfying Multiplayer Killzone 2 is vastly superior to Gears of War 2 in every way from balance, content, to just being all around better for me. The cla-ss system is just more fun. Overall I say Killzone 2.
sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts
wow i can't beleive what i am seeing, everyone who is saying gears is better actually ownes a 360. hilarious.