REvelations headed to 360,PS3,Wii U, PC on May 21st

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

For 50$ on consoles... lol

CAPCOM CONFIRMS RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS FOR HOME CONSOLE RELEASE IN MAY 2013

London, UK. January 22nd, 2013 Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today confirmed that Resident Evil Revelations will release at retail for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Windows® PC and Nintendos Wii U console across North America on May 21st and Europe on May 24th 2013. The title will also be available to download digitally from the same dates on PlayStation®3 for 49.99 and Windows®PC for 39.99 with details on digital versions for Xbox 360® and Nintendos Wii U console to follow.

Complete with high quality HD visuals, enhanced lighting effects and an immersive sound experience, the fear that was originally brought to players in Resident Evil Revelations on the Nintendo 3DS system returns redefined for home consoles. Furthermore, the home console version will deliver additional content including a terrifying new enemy, extra difficulty mode and improvements to Raid Mode such as new weapons, skill sets and the opportunity to play as Hunk and other characters from the series. Raid Mode, which was first introduced to the series in the original version of Resident Evil Revelations, sees gamers play online in co-op mode or alone in single player, taking on the hordes of enemies across a variety of missions whilst levelling up characters and earning weapon upgrades.

The critically acclaimed survival horror title takes players back to the events that took place between Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 and reveals the truth about the T-Abyss virus. Resident Evil Revelations features series favourites Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield, plus respective BSAA partners Parker Luciani and Jessica Sherawat. The action begins on board a supposedly abandoned cruise ship, the Queen Zenobia, where horrors lurk around every corner, before players head for the mainland and the devastated city of Terragrigia. With limited ammo and weapons available the race is on to survive the horror of Resident Evil Revelations.

Resident Evil Revelations will take full advantage of Residentevil.net with content available to users once the game launches. Players can pre-register on the service from January 24th to gain early access to Resident Evil Revelations themed content with further information about online events to be revealed closer to launch.

Trailer

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#3 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts

I thought Capcom said they weren't going to do belated ports to Wii U.

That being said, seeing that it's going to consoles (I kind of saw it to be on PS360 before the rumors sprouted). INEVITABLE.

Here's hoping it's as good as the console port of MGS: Peace Walker.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Hahaha .... I finished it a year back almost.

Brilliant Game and the best Resident Evil in years (surpasses 4,5,6 by miles).

I suppose it is great news for the guys and girls who never owned a 3DS.

I dont think i will be repurchase this for minor stuff which is being added.

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Nobody cares. Look, its good for a 3DS game. But a good handheld game doesn't make a good console game. Handhelds have lower standards. Granted it's still better than any console RE game we've got since 4, but that's not saying much. This is another case of the PS2 ports of the PSP GTA games or the PS3 ports of teh PSP GOW games. Excellent games for the PSP, but by console standards those games didn't measure up.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

PC!? Hell yes! :)

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NaveedLife

Nobody cares. Look, its good for a 3DS game. But a good handheld game doesn't make a good console game. Handhelds have lower standards. Granted it's still better than any console RE game we've got since 4, but that's not saying much. This is another case of the PS2 ports of the PSP GTA games or the PS3 ports of teh PSP GOW games. Excellent games for the PSP, but by console standards those games didn't measure up.

burgeg

Ummm...no.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Who wants a 3ds port to a conole/pc? not me.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts
Hahaha .... I finished it a year back almost. Brilliant Game and the best Resident Evil in years (surpasses 4,5,6 by miles). I suppose it is great news for the guys and girls who never owned a 3DS.dobzilian
How long is it?
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts
I'd rebuy it if there weren't so many other games coming out.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Alright. Buying it again on PC.
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

NaveedLife

Ummm...no.

Ummm...yes. If Revelations came out for consoles last year instead of 3DS I guarantee the reception would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. Handhelds have lower standards. Deal with it.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Hahaha .... I finished it a year back almost. Brilliant Game and the best Resident Evil in years (surpasses 4,5,6 by miles). I suppose it is great news for the guys and girls who never owned a 3DS.dommeus
How long is it?

Took me about 7 to 8 hours.

EDIT: Just checked my log and apparently it took me 8 hours and 23 minutes.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dobzilian
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Hahaha .... I finished it a year back almost. Brilliant Game and the best Resident Evil in years (surpasses 4,5,6 by miles). I suppose it is great news for the guys and girls who never owned a 3DS.dommeus
How long is it?

Let me just start up my 3DS and will get back to you.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="burgeg"]

burgeg

Ummm...no.

Ummm...yes. If Revelations came out for consoles last year instead of 3DS I guarantee the reception would have been waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. Handhelds have lower standards. Deal with it.

Mario Kart 7 is possibly the best Mario kart to date. Monster Hunter 4 is coming out on 3DS rather than console. Animal Crossing New Leaf looks to be the best in the series, much better than the most recent console iteration. Plenty of full fledged RPG's that are better than many console RPG's. Not to mention the many Console ports/remakes on the 3DS and DS that are better than the originals.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61524 Posts

Buying. It was great on the 3DS.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts

I thought Capcom said they weren't going to do belated ports to Wii U.

nintendoboy16
doesn't really apply here, as they started working on all console versions (presumably) together. a late port would be doing this if revelations had come out for the PS360 together with the 3DS version.
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

How long is it?

First time through should be around 9-10 hours. I've played for 40 which includes S-ranking Raid mode at every difficulty, maxing out my character, and beating the campaign on Normal and Hell.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
Makes me regret my 3DS purchase...
Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xaero_Gravity
Not to mention the many Console ports/remakes on the 3DS and DS that are better than the originals.NaveedLife
Like what? I can't remember any apart from Ocarina of Time, and I don't even know how well it would up by 2013 console standards.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dobzilian

[QUOTE="dommeus"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]Hahaha .... I finished it a year back almost. Brilliant Game and the best Resident Evil in years (surpasses 4,5,6 by miles). I suppose it is great news for the guys and girls who never owned a 3DS.nintendoman562

How long is it?

First time through should be around 9-10 hours. I've played for 40 which includes S-ranking Raid mode at every difficulty, maxing out my character, and beating the campaign on Normal and Hell.

3DS is dead. I'd say the same about 9 - 10 Hours on average. I was just playing through hell mode which is as tough as nails but not got played since before Xmas as been playing other games.
Wild_man_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Wild_man_22
Member since 2010 • 907 Posts
Probably will just wait for a price drop on this one. Already own the 3ds version, and raid mode is perfect for a handheld.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
Who wants a 3ds port to a conole/pc? not me. Heil68
It's a great game i'd suggest trying.
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]Not to mention the many Console ports/remakes on the 3DS and DS that are better than the originals.Xaero_Gravity
Like what? I can't remember any apart from Ocarina of Time, and I don't even know how well it would up by 2013 console standards.

Persona 4 is definitely better on Vita. Starfox 64 is better on 3DS. Really not much but there are some out there.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dobzilian
Can i drop something on to System Wars. Why no Vita Version?! LOL
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Who wants a 3ds port to a conole/pc? not me. Heil68

Well you enjoyed Goldeneye reloaded as you said yourself which is a port of a Wii game...

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Who wants a 3ds port to a conole/pc? not me. SuperFlakeman

Well you enjoyed Goldeneye reloaded as you said yourself which is a port of a Wii game...

HOLY CRAP you changed your profile pic :P. Nice choice ;)

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xaero_Gravity
[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Can i drop something on to System Wars. Why no Vita Version?! LOL

Vita(lol)[spoiler] Sorry Heli. [/spoiler]
ugoo18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ugoo18
Member since 2010 • 1005 Posts

Can i drop something on to System Wars. Why no Vita Version?! LOLdobzilian

Anyone holding out hope for that magic MH4 Vita port should pretty much scrap that now, if it's not even getting RE:R (Which every other system is getting) then i doubt Capcom would put their big seller on a platform that's doing as badly as the Vita is doing in Japan right now.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Makes me regret my 3DS purchase...LongZhiZi

Yeah but simply owning a 3DS makes people regret their 3DS purchase so nothing new there....

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperFlakeman"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]Who wants a 3ds port to a conole/pc? not me. NaveedLife

HOLY CRAP you changed your profile pic :P. Nice choice ;)

haha

Team Fennekin 4 lyf

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="LongZhiZi"]Makes me regret my 3DS purchase...Jaysonguy

Yeah but simply owning a 3DS makes people regret their 3DS purchase so nothing new there....

No regret here. Certain games may not have turned out as I had hoped, but some exceeded expectations and there are some good ones on the way.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dobzilian
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"][QUOTE="dobzilian"]Can i drop something on to System Wars. Why no Vita Version?! LOL

Vita(lol)[spoiler] Sorry Heli. [/spoiler]

Oh that explains why he so Mad.
NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Still haven't played it, I do prefer games like this on consoles though so I'll probably pick it up down the road.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
That's one of the reasons I was going to get a 3dsxl. I'll get it on Wii U instead. I played the demo on the 3ds and thought it was an awesome game but I can't enjoy games like that on screens that small anymore.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Animal-Mother
That's one of the reasons I was going to get a 3dsxl. I'll get it on Wii U instead. I played the demo on the 3ds and thought it was an awesome game but I can't enjoy games like that on screens that small anymore.DaBrainz
It'll be awesome on the Wii-U hopefully it'll be a retail release.
DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

Already own it for the 3DS, but haven't played through it yet. Glad it is coming to other consoles, especially the Wii-U, because I think Revelations will demonstrate further awesome uses of two screens and it is another great Horror title.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Knew this was going to happen. Just didn't know the time.

Capcom has been known to do this for awhile now. Wouldn't surprise me if they even release some sort of ultimate version of DmC as well that has a few changes for full price.

Not saying its a bad thing in general for Capcom. The reason they do it is because people actually buy it and its no skin off their back when it comes to cost.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Got the superior version already :cool:

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

This just in from Capcom, they are completely revamping the game, instead of an atmospheric horror game set on a boat, it is now a Chris Redfield boulder punching simulator full of quick-time events.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Animal-Mother

This just in from Capcom, they are completely revamping the game, instead of an atmospheric horror game set on a boat, it is now a Chris Redfield boulder punching simulator full of quick-time events.

PhazonBlazer
I would love that. It would make some kick ass drinking games.
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
No Vita version, that's interesting.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#43 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
No Vita version, that's interesting.ShuichiChamp24
Great Game, I am still playing the MP on 3DS
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]No Vita version, that's interesting.Nuck81
Great Game, I am still playing the MP on 3DS

Yes it is, and the co-op was really fun. Glad to see more people will get to play it.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Probably still gonna get it on 3DS

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

I beat the game around ending of dec. Imma double dip but after price drop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#47 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Brilliant game, will rebuy.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
:lol: what a ripoff. stay classy capcom
sora16perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sora16perfect
Member since 2007 • 730 Posts
Damn, I was really hoping for a vita version. Oh well.
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

HOW MUCH ? Thought this would be priced like Veronica and 4!