SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45105 Posts

https://www.gamesradar.com/resonance-of-fate-one-of-the-weirdest-jrpgs-ever-made-is-coming-to-ps4-and-pc/

Not coming to Xbox for some reason. Any interest, SW? Did you play the original version? I did not, and may get this eventually. I like weird JRPG’s lol.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I haven't played it, but I've seen a lot of people hype it up for years, mainly for its battle system. I'll put it on my steam wishlist for now and wait for a discount.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

It’s one of those games that I was interested in but just never got around to getting it. I’m still interested in trying it one of these days.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

I haven't played it, but I've seen a lot of people hype it up for years, mainly for its battle system. I'll put it on my steam wishlist for now and wait for a discount.

I would say to track down the physical copy, since the ingame tutorial is not translated well and the manual in the case is better.

Or gamefaqs it.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I kept trying to get through it but never got very far. I'll pick it up and go again.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

I would say to track down the physical copy, since the ingame tutorial is not translated well and the manual in the case is better.

Or gamefaqs it.

Yeah, I've heard that it's complicated to figure out, so I will probably gamefaqs it or youtube a tutorial.

Pixel_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7 Pixel_Mage
Member since 2018 • 80 Posts

I really enjoyed this game, and it definitely falls into the "weird" category. The story is told in a way that encourages you to play through twice (with New Game Plus) to fully understand it, if you care to. There's even a trophy for doing so. I do remember the combat being overly complicated, but eventually it just started to click, and it became a lot easier. I would say it's worth getting into.

Melkari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Melkari
Member since 2004 • 595 Posts

The article is accurate -- I don't remember anything about the storyline at all. I do remember it being quite unique and overall pretty cool. If I recall, blue weapons like SMGs and automatic weapons accumulated "temporary" damage rapidly which was only committed as true damage by red weapons like pistols and heavy arms? The gun mods got overly insane as well. Also something about trapping enemies in a triangle between your units.

Dunno, but Tri-Ace tends to have some of the more unique/complicated JRPG battle systems.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Ugh, right, that game. I couldn't get into the game. It's been so long since I last played it but it was definitely more frustrating than fun from what I remember.