#51 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@emgesp said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@emgesp said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@emgesp said:

@thehig1 said:

A quick cheap cash in, might also remind the world what Survival Horror is. Although I'm not sure newer gamers who have only played the new Resident Evil games would be able to put up with the controls.

If you wanna play Resident Evil Remake in HD now, use dolphin emulator and play it at 1080p.

Running the original Gamecube game using Dolphin won't look anywhere near as good as this true HD remaster. Gamecube's backgrounds will always be low res since they are prerendered. The new HD remaster is rendering the backgrounds in real-time at a higher resolution and character models have higher res textures as well.

uh...

I guess we should wait for this Release to come out to see how it checks out with Dolphin.

You can't rerender prerendered backgrounds using Dolphin. It is impossible. You can upres, but that isn't the same as rerendering. Capcom has the original assets, so they can rerender everything in native 1080p without any upresing. I will bet you a $100 that the HD remake will look better than Dolphin.

but have they actually said they are going to re-render? judging from the screenshots they are just upresing because the released hd screenshot looks identical to the dolphin version

If that is true then that is lame. Why rerender only the real-time visuals, if you have the assets to rerender the backgrounds as well? That is why I can't stand playing old school games with prerendered environments on emulators because the higher res real-time graphics stick out like a sore thumb with the crappy low-res backgrounds.

nothing is confirmed yet but if they were going to re-render the backgrounds then u know crapcom would have stated this much in the press release. very unlikely its happening, certainly not for x360/ps3 version, maybe they do it for ps4/x1/pc because that is releasing next year. its probably too much work to re-render everything and they want to make a easy cash grab

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@emgesp said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@emgesp said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@emgesp said:

@thehig1 said:

A quick cheap cash in, might also remind the world what Survival Horror is. Although I'm not sure newer gamers who have only played the new Resident Evil games would be able to put up with the controls.

If you wanna play Resident Evil Remake in HD now, use dolphin emulator and play it at 1080p.

Running the original Gamecube game using Dolphin won't look anywhere near as good as this true HD remaster. Gamecube's backgrounds will always be low res since they are prerendered. The new HD remaster is rendering the backgrounds in real-time at a higher resolution and character models have higher res textures as well.

uh...

I guess we should wait for this Release to come out to see how it checks out with Dolphin.

You can't rerender prerendered backgrounds using Dolphin. It is impossible. You can upres, but that isn't the same as rerendering. Capcom has the original assets, so they can rerender everything in native 1080p without any upresing. I will bet you a $100 that the HD remake will look better than Dolphin.

but have they actually said they are going to re-render? judging from the screenshots they are just upresing because the released hd screenshot looks identical to the dolphin version

If that is true then that is lame. Why rerender only the real-time visuals, if you have the assets to rerender the backgrounds as well? That is why I can't stand playing old school games with prerendered environments on emulators because the higher res real-time graphics stick out like a sore thumb with the crappy low-res backgrounds.

nothing is confirmed yet but if they were going to re-render the backgrounds then u know crapcom would have stated this much in the press release. very unlikely its happening, certainly not for x360/ps3 version, maybe they do it for ps4/x1/pc because that is releasing next year. its probably too much work to re-render everything and they want to make a easy cash grab

If they don't rerender the backgrounds than the game will look like crap on a HD display. Sure, the character models will look solid, but the low res backgrounds will stick out like a sore thumb. I don't care how good their upressing algorithms are, you can't make 480p prerendered backgrounds look as good as native 1080p backgrounds.

I'll just stick with playing the Gamecube version on my Sony CRT if that is the case.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

One of my favorite games of all times...easily. I will purchase day 1, but it would be interesting to see Nemesis in full hd glory. That game was intense.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@gameofthering said:

I was hoping for Code Veronica to appear on the PC, but REmake is just as good :)

Same here.

Veronica is one of my top 3 REs easily

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Iv bought RE1 so many times and this will be no different. I still say Remake is the cream of the crop when it comes to RE games.Though im kinda pissed that the west gets no LE like japan.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I will be buying this for sure. If for nothing else, I will buy it in hopes they redo RE2, which is my favorite in the series. Not that I don't like RE1, because it is my second favorite.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

so this is just the gamecube game in 1080p?

well...guess finally everyone gets to play it.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

My body is ready

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Eh, dunno what to think about this.

If it had been a disc and contained HD versions of REMake, 2, Nemesis and Zero, it would have been a day one buy, but I dunno if i'll be rushing to download this anytime soon, will probably just wait until it ends up on offer.

That said if Capcom would go ahead and do this for Dino Crisis 1 & 2, then I would love them forever, seriously these two need this more than Resident Evil.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

What about this?

http://www.residentevil.com/2hd/

and

http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-2-HD-PlayStation-4/dp/C30BI93ETZ/?tag=viglink20241-20
http://www.amazon.com/Resident-Evil-2-HD-PlayStation-4/dp/C30BI93ETZ/?tag=viglink20241-20

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

RE2 would take a lot more work and need to be completely redone for new platforms. No guarantee we get one, even if this sells well.

From what I understand, this is still using GC assets an it's not a complete remake.

Also TSHBO.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Awesome, now I just need Code Veronica HD PC port.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

Here's some screenshots to compare. Looks nice.

SCREENSHOT COMPARISON INSIDE

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6059 Posts

It's a shame that it skipped Wii u. I will take fatal frame over RE any day.I guess I'll get this on the quad.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Here's some screenshots to compare. Looks nice.

SCREENSHOT COMPARISON INSIDE

The new version looks worse than the gamecube version.

All the backgrounds are horribly over sharpened with heavily crushed blacks.

I will stick with the emulated version.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@clone01 said:

@SolidTy said:

Cool, just what I wanted although I would prefer a disc option over DD.

I've been redoing this series lately. RE1, RE2, and RE3 on PSOne is done. RE:CVX is done. RE4 is currently next in line. I was going to do the GC RE0 and REmake on the GC in a different room, but I think I'll wait for this HD REmake instead. Still use the 'cube fore RE:0 though.

I always enjoyed RE0...thought it was fairly underrated.

I did enjoy RE0 as well. I'm biased though as a long time RE fan since RE1 first released on PS1. I've owned the whole series since it started.

I think the old school RE elements like the controls were starting to bog down critics by the time RE0 released, but I'm going to be doing RE0 again either way. I'm playing with two lady friends and we are doing every main game. It's taken a few months to get everyone together. I'm looking forward to REmake as we've already played the original RE1 so it's going to be neat seeing the deliberate changes Mikami added to Remake and how they react to "familiar territory" lol.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45370 Posts

I love this game, but I already played it so many times on the best version (GC). I wish Capcom would move on already.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21703 Posts

Yuck, REmake is one of the worst games I've ever played. How people can enjoy playing with such shitty controls is beyond me.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#69 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Meh, I've already got the Definitive Wii Edition.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

RE4>RE2>REmake. IMO

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts

I still have the original copy on gamecube version. I have some itch to play it after this news.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#72 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@gameofthering said:

What about this?

and

OH MY SWEET JESUS!

Please be PC!

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

So they're making a remake of the REmake? :P Okay, sure, it's just an HD upgrade.

Honestly I'd be way more interested in a Resident Evil 2 (or 3!) remake. But it's still really nice to see Capcom giving their older pre-TPS games some attention. Maybe if this sells well they're do a REmake 2 or 3.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

I have been playing REmake alot using dolphin emulator on PC. It's a great game, and it looks really good. With this new version I hope they add surround sound with added and improved sound effects, and some new content aswell.

But I am a bit disappointed, because most fans including me want a RE2/3 remake. Those games has soooo much potential.

Cubs360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Cubs360
Member since 2006 • 3771 Posts

@resevl4rlz: cool!

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Looks to be another rushed hack job like RE4 and Code Veronica on PS3/360. People weren't even sure those were "HD remasters" at all, since practically nothing about the game was HD and it was clearly worse than other HD remasters. Nothing to get excited about here.

Those pics looks like more of the same from Capcom. Very slight bump in sharpness, but it still seems like it can't really be native 1080p. Also since they are re-composing the original 4:3 image for widescreen, you will note that we are actually LOSING part of the picture (looks like they are just cropping it from the top and bottom of the screen?). I realize this has happened with other HD remasters, but considering the lack of visual upgrade I'd almost prefer they just let us play 4:3 if we wanted to. Give us the option at least.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@2Chalupas: I was pretty happy with Resident Evil 4 HD edition on Steam. It looked great to me.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the funny thing about this remaster is that the only thing they can improve is the character models because the rest of the game is pre-rendered. They can't even make the game 60 frames because the background animations were animated at 30 frames. This will be nothing but a repacked 15 years old game with a lot of sharpening (because backgrounds are handmade with a fixed resolution), crushed blacks (to make lighting stand out because is baked) and cropped window (because backgrounds are handmade with a fixed aspect ratio). If they sell this shit for more than $10 they are just fucking with us.

ccagracing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ccagracing
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts
@Gue1 said:

the funny thing about this remaster is that the only thing they can improve is the character models because the rest of the game is pre-rendered. They can't even make the game 60 frames because the background animations were animated at 30 frames. This will be nothing but a repacked 15 years old game with a lot of sharpening (because backgrounds are handmade with a fixed resolution), crushed blacks (to make lighting stand out because is baked) and cropped window (because backgrounds are handmade with a fixed aspect ratio). If they sell this shit for more than $10 they are just fucking with us.

If its a remaster to the state you say above then it can only be an Arcade priced title £6.99-£9.99, if it gets the Halo Anniversary treatment then it could be worth a bit more. I would rather see them remake the game using new assets, add an extra few hours of new story to it and everyone is a winner.