Report: PS4 announcement coming in February

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

http://www.develop-online.net/news/42916/Report-PS4-announcement-coming-in-February

Sony to 'show off pre-release hardware ahead of an expected 2014 launch'

A Sony press conference scheduled for February 25thcould be the launch platform for PS4, one online report has claimed.

Expert Reviewsclaims to have word that Sony will use the Destination PlayStation event to formally unveil its next-generation PlayStation 4 console for the first time, showing off pre-release hardware ahead of an expected 2014 launch.

It further claims that the early reveal is intended to dampen enthusiasm for the Xbox 720, which it believes Microsoft WILL launch by the end of 2013.

You can expect plenty more stories along these lines as 2013 progresses.

Microsoft last weekrevealed a countdown to E3 in June, suggesting that it has pegged the LA showcase for its Next Xbox reveal.

Lol'd @ "dampen enthusiasm for the next Xbox". Theyve had a hard enough time building enthusiasm over the competition for their current platform, let alone a new one :lol:
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Told yah..PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. AWWW YEAH, get ready gaiz, it's gonna be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your TV, feeling the gigawatt of Sony awesomeness run through your veins. Day fuking 1.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Sony comeback!? I believe :shock:
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

i'm going to buy like 5 of those mugs

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
They want to show it off now while they could still wow the crowd. They can't wait for the Xbox and it's Quad GPU's to be shown.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
If they show off the PS4 then, then show-off games at E3!
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fernandmondego_
If they show off the PS4 then, then show-off games at E3!clyde46
Ridge Racer?
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
Every StrongDeadlift thread  Regarding the news, sounds pretty ballsy on Sony's part to say that the PS4 will dampen NextBox enthusiasm. Lets see if they can back up that statement. Also, StrongDeadlift are you like monitoring Sony 24/7 and post the first news you hear about them to bash them? Pretty sad I have to say.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"]If they show off the PS4 then, then show-off games at E3!fernandmondego_
Ridge Racer?

With GIANT ENEMY CRABS!
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

nice, i expect to see Uncharted 4 as like a launch game for that system

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="clyde46"]If they show off the PS4 then, then show-off games at E3!clyde46
Ridge Racer?

With GIANT ENEMY CRABS!

In 4D?
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"]Ridge Racer?fernandmondego_
With GIANT ENEMY CRABS!

In 4D?

120FPS!
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fernandmondego_
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="fernandmondego_"][QUOTE="clyde46"] With GIANT ENEMY CRABS!

In 4D?

$600 an I'm sold. 120FPS!

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#14 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

I like the idea of next gen consoles being announced months before E3. It means E3 will be all about next gen GAMES!!!

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

I like the idea of next gen consoles being announced months before E3. It means E3 will be all about next gen GAMES!!!

PAL360
or Usher
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts
[QUOTE="game_masta14"] Also, StrongDeadlift are you like monitoring Sony 24/7 and post the first news you hear about them to bash them? Pretty sad I have to say.

Or that was at the top of N4G, and I felt like posting it, and added a "System Wars" comment at the last second :roll:
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Chris_Williams
or Usher

Digging the sig.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

it could happen but is not confirmed though, it's just a rumor. =/

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
They are showing it too early I think. By the time holidays come when it will probably release the hype for it will have died down a lot.
Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Can't wait to make fun of the stupid decisions Sony makes with their next console. Should be comedy gold.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
They are showing it too early I think. By the time holidays come when it will probably release the hype for it will have died down a lot.CanYouDiglt
Oh goodness gracious no. Better strap one on big daddy, gonna be balls to the wall, pedal to the muther fuking metal sick. WOOT WOOT, CHUGGA CHUGGA WIN WIN...
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts
Fraudulent preview videos incoming....
Edwin_3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Edwin_3D
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Can't wait to make fun of the stupid decisions Sony makes with their next console. Should be comedy gold.Miketheman83

Well, Kutaragi-sama is gone. Though Sony did announce this PS4 will be 24k resolution for 2d and also 1080p/60 for stereo 3D. It's going to be a MONSTER SUPERCOMPUTER!!!

:cool:

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

killerband55
lol no, what the hell makes you think U4 is going to be a launch tittle for the PS4?
game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="game_masta14"] Also, StrongDeadlift are you like monitoring Sony 24/7 and post the first news you hear about them to bash them? Pretty sad I have to say.

Or that was at the top of N4G, and I felt like posting it, and added a "System Wars" comment at the last second :roll:

Suuuuure you did :roll:
TheDidact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 TheDidact
Member since 2012 • 3986 Posts
Remember my Destination Playstation Thread? Is your body ready? :cool:
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
I guess the ps3 will only have one year for best selling console considering it looks like the HD twins are starting a family of their own
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Ok. Now announce a PS3 price drop and Last Guardian Release date.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#30 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
I can't wait.
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

Told yah..PS4 is a go, locked and loaded. AWWW YEAH, get ready gaiz, it's gonna be like dipping your feet in water and grabbing the back of your TV, feeling the gigawatt of Sony awesomeness run through your veins. Day fuking 1. Heil68

Rofl, was not expecting that :lol:

brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 brofists
Member since 2011 • 2120 Posts
Can't wait to make fun of the stupid decisions Sony makes with their next console. Should be comedy gold.Miketheman83
Judging by the directions Microsoft has been taking (going causual, no focus on exclusives etc) it looks like they (M$) will be making the stupid decisions next gen! You see, by all accounts the 720 is going to be a casual kincet box! Thats going to be the joke! The 360 has been a joke exclusive wise since 2009 in fact! p.s I thought you would have been banned already. Total bummer! Oh well, I cant wait to see you meltdown when the 720 kinect box comes out, and for its life span, all you get are Kinect titles and the same old rehashed Gears, Halo, Forza titles again and again...all over again! I want you around just for that,so we can witness your breakdown! (Im sure im not alone when i say we all view you as the village crazy always hating on playstation. You are a joke!) Hopefully, after some time in the future, you do get banned like the Microsoft troll you are, and then that will be the end of you! Good riddance! Gamepsot would be a much better place with out delsuional Microsoft paid shills such as yourself and the guy above you
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44637 Posts
I think their real motivation for this is not to diminish hype for the next Xbox, though that might be a secondary consideration, I think they really want to keep investor confidence up, which will need some fluffing when the fiscal year ends, especially if the Vita sells only half its target goal for the fiscal year, and the company is in the red, and they might need additional capital to fund production of the PS4 for future inventory before launch, they'll need to look like they have plans or their stock price is going to take a hit, and if that happens it's just going to make another round of issuing convertible bonds worse.
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 brofists
Ok. Now announce a PS3 price drop and Last Guardian Release date.MercenaryMafia
Yep, now that the PS3 has over taken the 360 in sales, M$ is going to want to release the 720 Kinect box as soon as possible Because of that, I see another red ring of death disaster occuring But this time, Microsoft wont get off so easy. I want to see Microsoft burnt to the ground for raping consumers the way they have. Charging 60$ a year for basic online play is unacceptable. In this tough economy its corporate murder of consumer's wallets. Microsoft is evil coporate scum! Anyway, Sony should take their time to perfect their hardware and make sure they have a strong launch line up of solid games from some of their exclusive top tier developers etc If the price of the PS4 is not too high, and they take their time to perfect the hardware and launch they will be good. They can ride the momentum of the PS3 all the way up to launch too. Maybe offer special deals specific to PS3 owners to get them to buy the PS4 etc If Sony does what they do best , and executes, they will have a big and sussessful launch no matter what M$ does M$ will likely shoot themselfes in the foot again while rushing to be the first out to stores again So as a matter of fact, I think Sony should take advantage of that, and should bluff an early launch, so that they can get M$ to jump the gun even earlier Which would result in M$ releasing more incomplete hardware.....AGAIN Microsoft has always been very dirty, so I say Sony should play mind tricks, and mind f@ck M$ into an early and disatrous launch, while Sony sits back with a smile and takes their time to perfect a great launch on their part
Ithrewupfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ithrewupfire
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts

Why would they show it on February??

only to stop people from buying PS3s and its games?

its stupid

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Be funny if it didn't make it to production.
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 brofists
Be funny if it didn't make it to production.Zeviander
Oh it will definently make it To say other wise would be delusional What I think IS going to be funny is when the 720 releases as a casual Kinect box. Lems will be having mental breakdowns. Will be priceless no?
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 brofists

Why would they show it on February??

only to stop people from buying PS3s and its games?

its stupid

Ithrewupfire
If people are set on buying a PS3, it wont effect them. Hell a PS4 ammouncement will generate huge buzz. It might even get people to go out and buy a PS3 for a cheap price right now before the PS4 launches some time in 2014 Sony could even incorporate some nice deals in there!
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
[QUOTE="game_masta14"]Every StrongDeadlift thread  Regarding the news, sounds pretty ballsy on Sony's part to say that the PS4 will dampen NextBox enthusiasm. Lets see if they can back up that statement. Also, StrongDeadlift are you like monitoring Sony 24/7 and post the first news you hear about them to bash them? Pretty sad I have to say.

Sorry, but I can't stand when people bash a company for being cocky or thinking they're the best. What do you expect them to say? They're a business. If they don't have confidence in their product and downplay the competition as much as possible, then consumers won't take as much of a interest. This is their lives; this is what they do for money.
Drasonak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Drasonak
Member since 2012 • 1515 Posts
[QUOTE="killerband55"]

Nengo_Flow
lol no, what the hell makes you think U4 is going to be a launch tittle for the PS4?

Because Naughty Dog's A team will have had two years to work on it at least, assuming the PS4 launches in November, and the fact that Uncharted is one of PlayStation's biggest franchises, so of course they'd try to rope people in early. You don't know what the **** you are talking about. Get over yourself.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

They want to show it off now while they could still wow the crowd. They can't wait for the Xbox and it's Quad GPU's to be shown.fernandmondego_

Just about every source on the market has said the PS4 will be equal or better then the next Xbox in power.

eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

GDC hints then the next time they mention it is after TLOU comes out.

I Still see both next box and ps4 out this year however.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
I still reserve my hype until I know if they will fight used games or charge for online. Either of those would kill the PS4 off for me to make me PC only.
Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14501 Posts

Strategically speaking, I think a pre-E3 announcement for both consoles would serve their best interests. It provides the general public with news that there will be direct competitors to the Wii U, providing them with a reason to hold-off considering a new console purchase until their product hits the market, plus it would allow the games to take center stage @ E3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

http://www.develop-online.net/news/42916/Report-PS4-announcement-coming-in-February

[quote=""]

Sony to 'show off pre-release hardware ahead of an expected 2014 launch'

A Sony press conference scheduled for February 25thcould be the launch platform for PS4, one online report has claimed.

Expert Reviewsclaims to have word that Sony will use the Destination PlayStation event to formally unveil its next-generation PlayStation 4 console for the first time, showing off pre-release hardware ahead of an expected 2014 launch.

It further claims that the early reveal is intended to dampen enthusiasm for the Xbox 720, which it believes Microsoft WILL launch by the end of 2013.

You can expect plenty more stories along these lines as 2013 progresses.

Microsoft last weekrevealed a countdown to E3 in June, suggesting that it has pegged the LA showcase for its Next Xbox reveal.

StrongDeadlift

Lol'd @ "dampen enthusiasm for the next Xbox". Theyve had a hard enough time building enthusiasm over the competition for their current platform, let alone a new one :lol:

And that enthusiasm managed to catch up in a few short years, nearly closing the gap with 360 sales.

Which explains the current butthurt fear & anger among many Lemmings :lol:

Keep trying :lol:

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
that would be siiiiick. cannot wait for true next gen and all these *ps4 graphics>720 LOL graphics* and im not even sarcastic... i want life in SW, right now its dead and dead for years.
brofists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 brofists
I still reserve my hype until I know if they will fight used games or charge for online. Either of those would kill the PS4 off for me to make me PC only.AmazonTreeBoa
Microsoft is already charging for basic online play
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]I still reserve my hype until I know if they will fight used games or charge for online. Either of those would kill the PS4 off for me to make me PC only.brofists
Microsoft is already charging for basic online play

Where did he say he was paying for XBL gold?
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
MakeMeaSammitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MakeMeaSammitch
Member since 2012 • 4889 Posts

do you think the surprise is bankruptcy?

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
looking forward to it