Remember "Wii won't get another 9.5" after the SMG review?

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

:lol:

Before that, I also used to remember "Wii won't get an 9.5, AT ALL". It's funny how we're here with 2 today.

And again, I can already see people saying "Wii will go downhill from here" and the glorious "No more 9.5s from here, 4 REALZ THIS TIME GUYS!!!"

I can remember someone saying the amazing quote yesterday: "All anti-Wii arguements are tarnished by time". :bow: to whoever said that.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts
Honestly, there were skeptics from every side. I expected AAA, but certainly not 9.5, I'm sure a lot of sheep doubted its AAA status due to GS's history with the Smash Bros series. Still, you'd have to be a blind fanboy to think the Wii wouldn't get another 9.5 after SMG.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Eponique

Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
haris12121212

I hyped it AAAA (AAA in official hype thread), so I'm immune to this :o

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
haris12121212
And?
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 haris12121212

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
Eponique

Well I don't hype games, but I saw many posts where people were simply saying "On GS AA on Gamerankings AAA" I think the official hype thread was even an AA result.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Eponique

Honestly, there were skeptics from every side. I expected AAA, but certainly not 9.5, I'm sure a lot of sheep doubted its AAA status due to GS's history with the Smash Bros series. Still, you'd have to be a blind fanboy to think the Wii wouldn't get another 9.5 after SMG.glitchgeeman

What I find is amusing is though, it's the SAME damage control, and mostly from the SAME people, who are proven wrong, time and time again.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 haris12121212
[QUOTE="haris12121212"]Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
LINKloco
And?

And what? Read the TC's first post.
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"]

haris12121212

Well I don't hype games, but I saw many posts where people were simply saying "On GS AA on Gamerankings AAA" I think the official hype thread was even an AA result.

I believe the hype thread was AAA. But yeah you do have a point. Anti-Nintendo fanboys said it wouldnt get AAA because it wouldnt deserve it and Nintendo fanboys hyped it AA as a pre-launch damage control.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

haris12121212

THATS BECAUSE OF gs NOT BRAWL

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 haris12121212

Cyber-

THATS BECAUSE OF gs NOT BRAWL

Thats what I said. Everyone was sceptic about GS review scoring high.

Anyways I don't even see why I bother explaining this the point is 9.5 games on Wii are more than possible especially when the Big N is making them.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="haris12121212"]Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
haris12121212
And?

What you said had nothing to do with the tc pointing out haters claiming the Wii won't EVER get a 9.5 rated game again.
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 haris12121212
[QUOTE="haris12121212"][QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="haris12121212"]Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
LINKloco
And?

What you said had nothing to do with the tc pointing out haters claiming the Wii won't EVER get a 9.5 rated game again.

But brawl got 9.5, so obiously the fanboys were wrong (as usual) but I just said that sheep were somewhat sceptic of Brawl getting 9.5 on Gamespot... Personally if I had to guess before the brawl review a game that has a chance of getting 9.5 on Wii, I would go with the Next zelda game (most likely to get that).
Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
I can't say I do, since I don't care for either SMG or brawl
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="haris12121212"][QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="haris12121212"]Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
haris12121212
And?

But brawl got 9.5, so obiously the fanboys were wrong (as usual) but I just said that sheep were somewhat sceptic of Brawl getting 9.5 on Gamespot... Personally if I had to guess before the brawl review a game that has a chance of getting 9.5 on Wii, I would go with the Next zelda game (most likely to get that).

Yeah, sheep were. I was skeptical myself.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eponique

I can't say I do, since I don't care for either SMG or brawlLonelynight

I don't see why that's relevant :?

SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

No I don't remember. Link?

glitchgeeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 glitchgeeman
Member since 2005 • 5638 Posts

SgtWhiskeyjack

I don't have a specific link, but when SMG came out, one of the most prominent forms of damage control was usually a comment along the lines of, "Enjoy your SMG now, because that's the only decent game Sheep will have for the rest of the Wii's lifetime."

You could probably find a bunch if you really wanted to by digging up the old official SMG review thread.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cyber-
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

glitchgeeman

I don't have a specific link, but when SMG came out, one of the most prominent forms of damage control was usually a comment along the lines of, "Enjoy your SMG now, because that's the only decent game Sheep will have for the rest of the Wii's lifetime."

You could probably find a bunch if you really wanted to by digging up the old official SMG review thread.

on top of that there were games in between SMG and SSBB

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Eponique

SgtWhiskeyjack

Well it was in the official SMG getting a 9.5 thread, I can't remember where that is.

Avatar image for dragon_master11
dragon_master11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dragon_master11
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts
[QUOTE="SgtWhiskeyjack"]

Eponique

Well it was in the official SMG getting a 9.5 thread, I can't remember where that is.

OK, I'll take all your words for it. Stupid claim really, Mario Kart Wii could also do as well. It's about time they made a really good MK.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eponique

Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.dragon_master11

Depends on Famitsu review.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#24 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts

So Much Ownage So Little Time

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Cyber-

Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.dragon_master11

nope

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
haris12121212
this is really irrelevent since he's talking about Wii in general, whereas this is restricted to brawl.
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nintendo-4life
maybe, but i won't hold my breath, the experience will be AAA no doubt about it, BUT will it be rated AAA? who knows?
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Cyber-

[QUOTE="dragon_master11"]Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.nintendo-4life
maybe, but i won't hold my breath, the experience will be AAA no doubt about it, BUT will it be rated AAA? who knows?

so far from what we have seen i would be surprised if it got AA. Its an arcade racer not particularly valued in the industry besides the consumers who absolutely love it.

There always extremely fun and totally a system seller but they wont rate well. The visuals are lacking and the online is not as exstensive as we thought. Still it will be loads of fun.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nintendo-4life

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="dragon_master11"]Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.Cyber-

so far from what we have seen i would be surprised if it got AA. Its an arcade racer not particularly valued in the industry besides the consumers who absolutely love it.

There always extremely fun and totally a system seller but they wont rate well. The visuals are lacking and the online is not as exstensive as we thought. Still it will be loads of fun.

other than voice chatting, what else is disappointing in it's online mode?

and i agree with all the rest BTW.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="haris12121212"][QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="haris12121212"]Remember when sheep said Brawl won't get AAA status here but everywhere else... Guess everyone was sceptic of brawl geting 9.5 here on GS
haris12121212
And?

It's normal to be a little sceptical about GS reviews. There's a difference between that, and knowing it will be an awesome game either way.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="dragon_master11"]Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.nintendo-4life

You have to decide between either playing with friends or seperately playing with random people. You cant join up with some friends then go against random people. No LAN is a damn shame being that MK DD and it would be very convenient on Wii.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="dragon_master11"]Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.Cyber-

You have to decide between either playing with friends or seperately playing with random people. You cant join up with some friends then go against random people. No LAN is a damn shame being that MK DD and it would be very convenient on Wii.

WHAT!!!!! :o

dude..... that sucks, i really don't get why nintendo can't just make it online play like any other gaddamn game, it's not hard and it would make the game THAT much better :\

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="dragon_master11"]Do you think Mario kart will get also get AAA? Because if it does then... I'm definately gonna get a wii.nintendo-4life

dude..... that sucks, i really don't get why nintendo can't just make it online play like any other gaddamn game, it's not hard and it would make the game THAT much better :\

its most likely because their dev teams are running around the clock with s many games coming consequtive months.

I really hope they delay MK Wii and improve the visuals and fix the online to perfection.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

its most likely because their dev teams are running around the clock with s many games coming consequtive months.

I really hope they delay MK Wii and improve the visuals and fix the online to perfection.

i can live with the visuals, honestly they aren't that bad, but the online NEEDS to be prefect in this game, i'll buy it regardless since i just want a new MK, but i won't mind a delay :)
Tsug_Ze_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tsug_Ze_Wind
Member since 2006 • 9511 Posts

It's the endless cycle. As long as it keeps moving we're all good. ;)

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

i can live with the visuals, honestly they aren't that bad, but the online NEEDS to be prefect in this game, i'll buy it regardless since i just want a new MK, but i won't mind a delay :)

well the visuals arent terrible but if you look at Brawl and SMG its kinda of a let down to see how little its improved over MK DD. It should look more like MK on the arcade.

if they delayed it they could do alot of work with it and give some room for those third party games Nintendo fans are too foolish to pay attention to.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"][QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

well the visuals arent terrible but if you look at Brawl and SMG its kinda of a let down to see how little its improved over MK DD. It should look more like MK on the arcade.

if they delayed it they could do alot of work with it and give some room for those third party games Nintendo fans are too foolish to pay attention to.

you mean this?  is really that much better than this?
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cyber-

i guess from certain sites. IGN specifically they are saying the arcade version(which happens to be badass0 looks nicer esp up close.

They havae like a month left in development. i just feel that from what we have seent he overall package is lacking majorly.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
Man...WiC 9.5.....Halo 3 9.5...Orange Box 9.5....Crysis .5....SMG 9.5..... Brawl 9.5..... 9.5s are starting to look really worthless to me. They're given out like it's a lolly scramble. Who wants to bet GTAIV will get 9.5?
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nintendo-4life

i guess from certain sites. IGN specifically they are saying the arcade version(which happens to be badass0 looks nicer esp up close.

They havae like a month left in development. i just feel that from what we have seent he overall package is lacking majorly.

Cyber-

IGN really said so? hmm... might have to do some MK hunting afterall :P

hamidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hamidious
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
I never doubted that Wii will get great games, mainly first party. However, I doubt it will get many good games. I think that the ratio of good games will be very small compared to the ratio of ports and crap.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

nintendo-4life

it just makes more sense to me that they would delay it and really rework the visuals and the online.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

Hell I remember a time when people used to say in this forums that Wii would never get a game of the year award period...

In the end, it's a completely normal procedure here... Nothing to make you gasp about. Well, at least not often...

Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts

lol no offense dude but that review is a joke, almost as bad as the MP3/R&C FTOD/ Halo 3 reviews

i believe SSBB deserved a 9.0

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nintendo-4life
[QUOTE="nintendo-4life"][QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Cyber-

it just makes more sense to me that they would delay it and really rework the visuals and the online.

you and me both man, you and me both.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Man...WiC 9.5.....Halo 3 9.5...Orange Box 9.5....Crysis .5....SMG 9.5..... Brawl 9.5..... 9.5s are starting to look really worthless to me. They're given out like it's a lolly scramble. Who wants to bet GTAIV will get 9.5?FrozenLiquid

You've listed 6 of the best games in recent history, and you're calling them worthless? :|

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

I can't say I do, since I don't care for either SMG or brawlLonelynight

If they were on the PS3, you would have pre-ordered them both, because you're game starved.

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zenfoldor

lol no offense dude but that review is a joke, almost as bad as the MP3/R&C FTOD/ Halo 3 reviews

i believe SSBB deserved a 9.0

mistervengeance

No offense, but the game has had 12 perfect reviews, counting famitsu, and has an average rating of over 9.5.

You've never played Brawl, and are just upset with the 9.5 score(which gamespot also gave it) because your a Nintendo hater, and wanted Brawl to be written off as a GotY contender, and wanted to say there are better games out this gen on your system.

Well, there aren't. Gamespot owned fanboys, to be honest, and I think its great.

Anyone who says a difference of .5 from what they would begrudgingly give the game is "a joke" obviously has no business reviewing anything.

Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
I remember when Sheep went crazy over the Zelda TP review. Thats what this thread is about, right? Remembering.
Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zenfoldor

It's normal to be a little sceptical about GS reviews. There's a difference between that, and knowing it will be an awesome game either way.
EuroMafia

It got a 9.5 from IGN and Gamespot, and has an average ratio of 9.6. If we're not going by metacritic, gamerankings, gamespot, IGN, Xplay, or Famitsu, how are we supposed to rate the game? How can you be skeptical about the gamespot review when its dead in the middle, or actually, much lower than the average review(since the game has many more 7 10's than 3 9's.)