Recently i got a 360 and idk should i also get a ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SICshyte767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SICshyte767
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Unless you're a huge fan of MGS I think it would be somewhat of a waste right now.
Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts
In the long run it woudn't hurt to get a Playstation 3.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
The online thing alone wouldn't be a reason (price of a PS3 would pay 9 years of XBL lol). But if you want the games go for it why you asking us?
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Sure, go for it. Go for the MGS4 bundle (out on June 12th)- that way you get Backwards Compatablility, a Dual Shock 3 and 80Gb hard drive space.
Solid_Tekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solid_Tekken
Member since 2008 • 221 Posts
Well MGS4 is coming up you know
FLamezero991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 FLamezero991
Member since 2005 • 2877 Posts
Unless you really want MGS and FF, I wouldn't advise you to get a PS3.
blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 blackice1983
Member since 2006 • 2021 Posts

if u like movies go ahead

no country is godly on blu-ray

kostmpekir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kostmpekir
Member since 2008 • 780 Posts

I would not touch a PS3 for now, i have one and have played it a few dyas, and 2008 gets even worst

Maybe mid 2009 or 2010 would be the right time IMO

Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts

Unless you really want MGS and FF, I wouldn't advise you to get a PS3.FLamezero991

I don't want either game, and I got a PS3. It's doing fine for me.

MadCat09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MadCat09
Member since 2004 • 739 Posts
Why would you spend 400 dollars for a PS3, when you yourself said it costs money to stay online. Use that money towards Xbox Live and some new games.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 nVidiaGaMer
Member since 2006 • 7793 Posts

Unless you're a huge fan of MGS I think it would be somewhat of a waste right now.Bigboi500

Waste? :lol: This is a joke. PS3 has so many exclusives. Theres Uncharted, Resistance, Motorstorm, Hot Shots Golf, Rachet and Clank, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and soon to be MGS 4 (there are more that I didn't list.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good SICshyte767
Unless you are a huge MGS fan, the PS3 really doesnt offer much over the 360 other than BluRay and that Imo is an overrated option at this point. Heavenly Sword is terribly short and not all that outstanding. Uncharted and Ratchet are both amazing games, but not worthy of buying a console for. It is this simple....

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

Norule04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Norule04
Member since 2004 • 8985 Posts

[QUOTE="SICshyte767"] ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good kungfuchaos

Unless you are a huge MGS fan, the PS3 really doesnt offer much over the 360 other than BluRay and that Imo is an overrated option at this point. Heavenly Sword is terribly short and not all that outstanding. Uncharted and Ratchet are both amazing games, but not worthy of buying a console for. It is this simple....

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

Seriously why did you list HAZE....

Pietrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pietrooper
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts

[QUOTE="SICshyte767"] ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good kungfuchaos

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

lol, you said HAZE. Why not post Hour of Victory for X360 as well?

Deiuos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Deiuos
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts

ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good SICshyte767

I recommend buying an Enter key first. Then deciding on a console.

whackedjob213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17 whackedjob213
Member since 2006 • 2103 Posts

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

Firstly change Haze with Little Big Planer, add Killzone, remove the word prologue as the full version is out soon, add Folklore if you're in to that kind of game. Blu Ray also isn't over rated if you have an HD TV I just got one and then bought Planet Earth and trust me it is freaking amzing. So really it may make sense to get both.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

My friend also is thinking about a PS3 this month, but he's thining he should wait, because at this rate expect for new skus and bundles for cheap. Also E3 is just around the corner. He'll see what's up by then and probably get a PS3 on the holidays. Just wait.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts
Im kind of in the same situation, Im gonna have a ton of cash to put into either getting a Wii or a 360 but Im leaning quit a bit towards the Wii because the two systems are so different from eachother.
Avatar image for HolyHandGrenad3
HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HolyHandGrenad3
Member since 2007 • 932 Posts

The online thing alone wouldn't be a reason (price of a PS3 would pay 9 years of XBL lol). But if you want the games go for it why you asking us?Ilikemyname420

Iwas going to say something very similar to this.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

go for it if the exclusives apeal to you.

that's what I did

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

You can't afford xbl but you can afford a PS3? I don't get it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 crunchUK
Member since 2007 • 3050 Posts
hm just create more gamertags. i belive you get 4 trials inside your 360 ut you can only have 1 per profile. i have yet to pay for XBL this way (with about 6 accounts lol). also if you have a nice amount of MONEIS then yeah get a ps3 why not? the more the merrier but if you're strapped for cash (which seems the case since you can only afford XBL OR a game) don't bother.
Heydanbud92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Heydanbud92
Member since 2007 • 4464 Posts
360 and ps3 is the way to go yes you should
CK_the_gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CK_the_gr8
Member since 2005 • 277 Posts
If I were you, I'd just spend the money on XBL instead of a brand new PS3, and get some new 360 games. But yeah, I went for PS3 because of the free internet thingy anyways, so I have no trouble with that. But in the end, it's all up to you, good luck with your decision
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

halo 3 - overrated game that is for 5 year old kids looking for a FPS

halo wars - RTS?????? WHAT R THEY THINKING!

fable 2 - meh i dont give about fable we got folklore and final fantasy

too human - GOD OF WAR!!!!!!!

banjo and kazooie - its a racing game...not a platformer....LOL

gears of war 2 - wait for a while and get it on PC with bonus stuff

Infinite Undiscovery - if this game is SOOOO GOOD why havent i heard of it???????????

ninja gaiden 2 - GOD OF WAR!!!!!

or

GT5 prolouge - great game with AWSOME graphics

MGS4 - ...do i have to say more?

HAZE - not at **** as u think medicore game

uncharted - its like indiana jones! ...but 2x the awsomenesss

ratchet and clank - PLATFORMER! ...and a VERYYY good one

Resistance 2 - six people online...wait did i say six??? i meant sixTY

motorstorm 2 - AWSOME!!!!!!!!

BTW ur xbox will die soon so get a ps3 while ur waiting for 2 weeks

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

[QUOTE="SICshyte767"] ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good PSfanboy101

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

Infinite Undiscovery - if this game is SOOOO GOOD why havent i heard of it???????????

or

Lol,you are the definition of a fanboy...complete moron

ukillwegrill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ukillwegrill
Member since 2007 • 3528 Posts

I'll get moderated for that i bet,but it's more then worth it.

Idiot

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

[QUOTE="SICshyte767"] ive had my 360 since christmas of 07 and i have loved the games ive played and the achievments have kept me hooked to playing hours on end , but im so freaking tired of paying like 20 dollars every three months to get online it sux when u have to skip out on getting a game just to keep ur self online , and idk i was wondering ive heard u have to like download the game to your ps3 hard drive to play it ?? whats that about , i feel like ive missed out oon quiet a few game that i would have loved like uncharted drakes fortune, heavenly Sword, not to mention prollouge , Do u think i should save and get A ps3 or go crazy and get a bunch more games for 360 ( My b day is in 5 Days) ive got the grid demo and it looks good PSfanboy101

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

or

Ugh.......my respect for Cows has just gone down a notch.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Ugh.......my respect for Cows has just gone down a notch.

Floppy_Jim
Agreed. There are several in this thead alone that have that effect on people.
Avatar image for _Peoples_Champ_
_Peoples_Champ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 _Peoples_Champ_
Member since 2002 • 4695 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Unless you're a huge fan of MGS I think it would be somewhat of a waste right now.nVidiaGaMer

Waste? :lol: This is a joke. PS3 has so many exclusives. Theres Uncharted, Resistance, Motorstorm, Hot Shots Golf, Rachet and Clank, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and soon to be MGS 4 (there are more that I didn't list.

All those exclusives are ranked somewhere along the lines of Kameo elements of power.

Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

Owning a PS3 is not a bad thing, or any of the 3 consoles for that matter....if you dont own a PS3/Wii you'll be mising out on games...they all have their stellar exclusives.

PS3 currently has: Resistance, MotorStorm, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, MLB 08: The Show, Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, SingStar, Hot Shots Golf, Warhawk, Echochrome......

Coming 2008: Metal Gear Solid 4, WipEout HD, SOCOM Confrontation, LittleBigPlanet, MotorStorm 2, Resistance 2, Tekken 6, White Knight Story, PlayStation Home, BioShock Extended, Siren Remake

Coming 2009: Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII, Twisted Metal PS3, Killzone 2

A Real gamer will own all 3 consoles sooner or later. period. Personally, I believe the MGS4 bundle is a great time to buy one. 80GB PS3, DualShock 3, Full Backward Compatibility and a GOTY Contender

Zaeryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 Zaeryn
Member since 2005 • 9070 Posts
MGS is not worth $500, so no.
the_man03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the_man03
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts
http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2008/04/discussing-known-upcoming-360ps3-exclusives.html

This link essentially tells you which exclusives are expected to come out, this article was a little old, so a few games on the list are already out, some of which are better than others.. >.>
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="nVidiaGaMer"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Unless you're a huge fan of MGS I think it would be somewhat of a waste right now._Peoples_Champ_

All those exclusives are ranked somewhere along the lines of Kameo elements of power.

Ratings and Rankings don't mean everything.

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
wait until they are $99 thats all they are worth really.
nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 nVidiaGaMer

wait until they are $99 thats all they are worth really.Nugtoka

teh cell itself is worth more then that.

nVidiaGaMer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nVidiaGaMer
[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

Halo 3

Halo Wars

Fable 2

Too Human

Banjo and Kazooie

Gears of War 2

Infinite Undiscovery

Ninja Gaiden 2

or

Gran Turismo 5 prologue

MGS 4

HAZE

Uncharted

Ratchet and Clank

RFoM 2

Motorstorm 2

or

You couldn't be more right. I would also add Killzone 2 in place of Haze.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts
Unless you're a huge fan of MGS, I wouldn't advise it, unless you're interested in other PS3 exclusives out right now. If you're niether, just get a PS3 during the holidays.
lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts
Come on guys. How many times will you all anwser these questions?:? I see alot of systemwars VET's meaning I see the same user names everyday. As systemwars vets we should regulate this garbage that come in here. I dint know why I conme here other than its the most active board on GS. When someone asks "what's better ps3/.360" on Sw 9/10 hes trolling
myLIFEjustFINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 myLIFEjustFINE
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts

i want a ps3 b/c it's so good looking

Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts
if u enjoy playing games go ahead
Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Either way, I don't see a negative. If you go with PS3 you will have quite a few good exclusives that the 360 won't have...and if you decide against it you get to save a good chunk of money.