Reasons not to count Sony out

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ruleklw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ruleklw
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

People definitely need to realize that the loss of great exclusive games does not mean that Sony needs to be counted out of the console war. I have made a list as to why people shouldnt count Sony out.

1. many people are underestimating the power of the Sony name. People say that Sony is losing exclusives 1 by 1, which is true, but alot of the people on these forums forget who decides the console war......casuals. Most casuals arent as informed about the console, and their exclusive games. They see the Sony name, and buy their gaming products.

2. After 2 generations of using a playstation and its controller, people arent going to just drop it as quickly as many of you think. if it were all about games, the dreamcast would still be alive as it had some of the best exclusive games ever made (not to mention the graphics were great.

3. Bluray picking up steam. currently selling hddvd 2:1 

4. Home. It has a lot of potential, and is a great concept.

I am not just a deluded cow. I know many of you who read this will not believe me. I do have a ps3, but I also have a 360, and may even pick up a wii when it gets better games. I actually hope that all of the consoles do well because when companies compete, the consumer wins, and people should realize that.

lzorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 lzorro
Member since 2006 • 7395 Posts
There's much more reasons against them :|
Slyprince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Slyprince
Member since 2004 • 1315 Posts

People definitely need to realize that the loss of great exclusive games does not mean that Sony needs to be counted out of the console war. I have made a list as to why people shouldnt count Sony out.

1.    many people are underestimating the power of the Sony name. People say that Sony is losing exclusives 1 by 1, which is true, but alot of the people on these forums forget who decides the console war......casuals. Most casuals arent as informed about the console, and their exclusive games. They see the Sony name, and buy their gaming products.

2.   After 2 generations of using a playstation and its controller, people arent going to just drop it as quickly as many of you think. if it were all about games, the dreamcast would still be alive as it had some of the best exclusive games ever made (not to mention the graphics were great.

4.   Home. It has a lot of potential, and is a great concept.

I am not just a deluded cow. I know many of you who read this will not believe me. I do have a ps3, but I also have a 360, and may even pick up a wii when it gets better games. I actually hope that all of the consoles do well because when companies compete, the consumer wins, and people should realize that.

ruleklw

1. Casuals are buying the Wii

2. That controller obviously not worth $600 and one exception doesnt prove it isnt all about games. What about (ps2,nes,ps1)

3. where is #3

4. I dont know Home could save it.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

1.    many people are underestimating the power of the Sony name. People say that Sony is losing exclusives 1 by 1, which is true, but alot of the people on these forums forget who decides the console war......casuals. Most casuals arent as informed about the console, and their exclusive games. They see the Sony name, and buy their gaming products.

2.   After 2 generations of using a playstation and its controller, people arent going to just drop it as quickly as many of you think. if it were all about games, the dreamcast would still be alive as it had some of the best exclusive games ever made (not to mention the graphics were great.

4.   Home. It has a lot of potential, and is a great concept.

ruleklw

1. True, casuals own us

2. False, Tell that analogy to the N64.

4?  ummm, I have no idea, its months away, and Phil compared it to Myspace out of the gate which blunted my interest.

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
I think its obvious that SONY will not give up on PS3 for a long time ...

not till PS4 is out imo ...

That combined with excellent 1st party games and a price drop or 2 is reason enough not to count out sony !