Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@bforrester420 said:

On top of all of the launch issues for MS, I'd like to think a lot of consumers learned their lesson from the RROD fiasco from last generation also. Once bitten, twice shy. If I have a bad experience with an electronic product, I usually never end up buying from that company again. I had a POS 2nd generation iPod and have never owned an (cr)Apple product since.

I also think Sony consoles have a more loyal core of consumers than Microsoft.

That's such BS and had little to no effect this gen or else you'd have seen a lot less sales of both the PS2 AND PS3. MS had long fixed that prior to the end of last gen and an overwhelming majority of the user base wasn't effected. Seriously no one would have purchased the PS3 given the amount of issues the PS2 had.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

On top of all of the launch issues for MS, I'd like to think a lot of consumers learned their lesson from the RROD fiasco from last generation also. Once bitten, twice shy. If I have a bad experience with an electronic product, I usually never end up buying from that company again. I had a POS 2nd generation iPod and have never owned an (cr)Apple product since.

That's such BS and had little to no effect this gen or else you'd have seen a lot less sales of both the PS2 AND PS3. MS had long fixed that prior to the end of last gen and an overwhelming majority of the user base wasn't effected. Seriously no one would have purchased the PS3 given the amount of issues the PS2 had.

Original 360's had a 100% failure rate.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

*requires source

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#155 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

RRoD is not the reason for the Xbone's weaker start, it was the DRM announcements at the beginning. Though RRoD was a problem with the 360, 2/3 of my 360's have RRoD-ed...

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

Some consumers are discriminating. While I had both consoles last gen and have always had a Sony console each gen, I'll never touch another piece of Microsoft hardware again due to my experiences with the 360. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Very few people had numerous PS2s (whose DRE issue was fixable) or PS3 (YLOD was pretty much limited to launch 60 GB consoles) die on them like the stories you hear about people going through 3+ 360s.

You might not mind sending in your console every 4 months to get a refurb back until the problem is resolved permanently, but I'm not a putz and will tell companies how I feel with my wallet.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 bforrester420

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

RRoD is not the reason for the Xbone's weaker start, it was the DRM announcements at the beginning. Though RRoD was a problem with the 360, 2/3 of my 360's have RRoD-ed...

Did I not also reference MS's launch stumbles as well (bolded above)? RROD was just another proverbial brick in the wall.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 kingtito

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

Source? How many 360s were sold prior to the fix and how many after? Proof? Yeah didn't think so

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By aigis

@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

Did I not also reference MS's launch stumbles as well (bolded above)? RROD was just another proverbial brick in the wall.

My point was that RRoD had very little sway in the launch of the One (if any)

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#160  Edited By Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

WOW! That's a lot, everyone I know that had a 360 failed due to RROD.

Kisu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Kisu55
Member since 2016 • 14 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: talking about the reason ps4 is so successful this generation its because of the huge jump it got by Nintendo and Microsoft botching their launches. If the wii u had the games line up at launch it has now and if Xbox1 didn't have its many launch problems the console race could look alot different right now.

The wii u is the only of the 3 to innovate but people don't like the game pax,gamers this generation have made it clear that graphics and processing power is what sells right now.

At the start of this generation Sony put out the system people wanted,cheaper with the least amount of flaws and thet got the sales.

Ps1 and 2 are completely different,they were both revolutionary for their time,ps4 is just a graphics boost imo.

I own a ps3 and Sony has yet to produce a game worthy of upgrading to ps4 for me yet and I've never owned a piece of Microsoft hardware that worked properly.

But ps4s success is simple,better graphics lower price,no trainwreck at launch.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 kingtito

@bforrester420 said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

Some consumers are discriminating. While I had both consoles last gen and have always had a Sony console each gen, I'll never touch another piece of Microsoft hardware again due to my experiences with the 360. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

Very few people had numerous PS2s (whose DRE issue was fixable) or PS3 (YLOD was pretty much limited to launch 60 GB consoles) die on them like the stories you hear about people going through 3+ 360s.

You might not mind sending in your console every 4 months to get a refurb back until the problem is resolved permanently, but I'm not a putz and will tell companies how I feel with my wallet.

Who? Cows? I don't know anyone that didn't purchase an X1 because of RROD nor have I seen anyone on the net. I've seen the DRM, no used games, always online $500 and weaker hardware. Not once have I seen "RROD" except for maybe some cows.

I've had 2 RROD of me yet it didn't stop me. I also had a more than a few problems with my PS consoles. The difference, I had to pay for all Sony consoles to either be replaced or buy new. Didn't pay 1 cent for 360 repairs and I got them back quickly.

What? Very few people had DRE issues? Wrong....so many people had DRE issues that Sony was actually sued and no it wasn't fixable. The PS2s also scratched disc to beyond playable. The PS3 had issues with the 60g versions just like the 360 had issues with the launch versions. Both were fixed in time.

What an over exaggeration. I sent mine in twice and my 3rd last until I have it to my step daughter just a few years ago. That's over 5 years of my console working without a problem.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By bforrester420

@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:

It influenced me to not buy one at all, and surely I'm not the lone exception. It's been two years since launch.

We can't keep blaming Xbone's sales relative to Sony's based on the launch anymore. The PS3 launched like a dead bird, but it steadily picked up steam. Considering MS has released some of its biggest exclusive titles and it has had no effect in cutting into PS4's sales lead, I think larger forces are at work beyond their staggering out of the gate.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 kingtito

@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

I think he's being just a little biased here. His logic is flawed. He'll own every single Sony console no matter how many issues each had but will forever boycott MS because of the RROD fiasco. MS not only fixed the issue but they repaired all consoles for free and did it in timely manner. Can't say the same for Sony since not once console was covered and I had issues with the PS1, PS2, PS3 AND my PS4. Sony's track record for reliable hardware is just as sketchy as MSs. His excuse is BS

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By bforrester420

@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

Who? Cows? I don't know anyone that didn't purchase an X1 because of RROD nor have I seen anyone on the net. I've seen the DRM, no used games, always online $500 and weaker hardware. Not once have I seen "RROD" except for maybe some cows.

I've had 2 RROD of me yet it didn't stop me. I also had a more than a few problems with my PS consoles. The difference, I had to pay for all Sony consoles to either be replaced or buy new. Didn't pay 1 cent for 360 repairs and I got them back quickly.

What? Very few people had DRE issues? Wrong....so many people had DRE issues that Sony was actually sued and no it wasn't fixable. The PS2s also scratched disc to beyond playable. The PS3 had issues with the 60g versions just like the 360 had issues with the launch versions. Both were fixed in time.

What an over exaggeration. I sent mine in twice and my 3rd last until I have it to my step daughter just a few years ago. That's over 5 years of my console working without a problem.

1. I didn't purchase an X1 because of RROD.

2. Because you're a poor consumer. If you bought 2 cars that were lemons, would you keep buying cars from the same manufacturer?

3. I didn't say "very few people had DRE issues", I said very few people had "numerous" DRE issues, unlike people going through 3, 4, or 5 Xbox 360s due to RROD. Trying reading next time. I fixed my DRE issue myself by adjusting the laser in the DVD-ROM drive with nothing more than a couple of turns on a screw with a jewler's screwdriver. Yeah, scratched disks were trashed, but I didn't have to repurchase or send my console to Sony numerous times.

The 60 GB PS3 YLOD usually occurred after the console was 3 or 4 years old...not weeks or months old like the 360.

There you have it. You're speaking to one person who was jaded by his Xbox 360 experience to the point that he will never trust Microsoft with his money again. Screw me over once and you've lost a customer for life.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:

I think he's being just a little biased here. His logic is flawed. He'll own every single Sony console no matter how many issues each had but will forever boycott MS because of the RROD fiasco. MS not only fixed the issue but they repaired all consoles for free and did it in timely manner. Can't say the same for Sony since not once console was covered and I had issues with the PS1, PS2, PS3 AND my PS4. Sony's track record for reliable hardware is just as sketchy as MSs. His excuse is BS

Not even close, it's a known fact that the xbox360 was the least reliable console!!!

And the least that Ms can do is fixing its crappy hardware!!!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/171303/xbox_360_least_reliable.html

But if you have any valid numbers that suggest otherwise, you are welcome to share them with us.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kingtito

@bforrester420 said:
@kingtito said:

1. I didn't purchase an X1 because of RROD.

2. Because you're a poor consumer. If you bought 2 cars that were lemons, would you keep buying cars from the same manufacturer?

3. I didn't say "very few people had DRE issues", I said very few people had "numerous" DRE issues, unlike people going through 3, 4, or 5 Xbox 360s due to RROD. Trying reading next time. I fixed my DRE issue myself by adjusting the laser in the DVD-ROM drive with nothing more than a couple of turns on a screw with a jewler's screwdriver. Yeah, scratched disks were trashed, but I didn't have to repurchase or send my console to Sony numerous times.

The 60 GB PS3 YLOD usually occurred after the console was 3 or 4 years old...not weeks or months old like the 360.

There you have it. You're speaking to one person who was jaded by his Xbox 360 experience to the point that he will never trust Microsoft with his money again.

1. YOU don't represent the rest of the world. YOU are also very biased as you've said yourself. "I will never purchase another MS console" says it all right there.

2. I'm a poor consumer because I purchase things based on what they offer and how much fun I had with their product? So should I have not purchased the PS2 because of the bad PS1s I had? PS3 because of the very very bad issues with the PS2s? PS4 because of the problems I've had the PS3s? What about PS5's because of the 2 issues I've had with the PS4?

3. Every PS2 I owned had DRE and disc scratching issues. You have ANY proof that "very few people had multiple DRE issues"? I don't know a single person that didn't. Can you exaggerate more? Funny though cause even IF anyone had that many RROD, MS fixed it for FREE, something Sony DID NOT. MS also did it in a timely manner.

BS, it happened to my 60GB in less than 2 years. You know, just after the warranty period ended. I had to pay to get it repaired OR purchase a new one. You're so full of shit dude it's not even funny.

Yep, I have it. You're 1 person that's biased and makes no logical sense. Sony consoles have issue, that's ok I'll continue to buy from them every time. MS console has issues, I'll never purchase another MS console. Yep....cow confirmed.

Thanks for playing.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:

Not even close, it's a known fact that the xbox360 was the least reliable console!!!

But if you have any valid numbers that suggest otherwise, you are welcome to share them with us.

Yup.

SONY is making people DREAMS come TRUE. Not only giving us the world's most powerful video game console in the HISTORY of video games, they also are standing by the BY gamers FOR gamers mantra.

IT's not surprising they knock MS the **** out at E3 and went on to become current gen 8 console leader.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 kingtito

@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:

You're rght, they're worse. PS1 had PS issues, PS2 had DRE AND disc scratching, PS3 had YOLD laser failures and so far the PS4 has the issue with ejecting disc constantly or not reading. I've had to send in my 1st PS4 to get repaired and it was only a month old when I got it.

MS had RROD. It got fixed after a little while but the OG Xbox was a tank. So far 2 out of 3 had no major issues, can't say the same for Sony's consoles now can I?

BTW never have I disputed the 360 RROD problems BUT they did get it fixed AND it didn't cost anyone a dime. Sony.....not so much.

aia89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#170  Edited By aia89
Member since 2009 • 2828 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

*requires source

I'm still playing on my original 360 and I never had a RROD.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 kingtito

@aia89 said:
@MonsieurX said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kingtito said:
@bforrester420 said:

*requires source

I'm still playing on my original 360 and I never had a RROD.

Shhhhh that'll rekt their whole 100% theory.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18800 Posts

@khoofia_pika:

It does because the majority of those console release 1st right?

The WiiU people say is just an upgraded WiiU in the same league as PS3/360 power wise?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By bforrester420

@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:

The only issue I ever had was with PS2, and that was the DRE/Disk Scratching (that issue was one and the same). Like I said, a couple of turns of a screw with a jeweler's screwdriver and my PS2 was fine. However, when I had to send back three 360s to Microsoft due to RROD, waiting as long as a month from the time it was sent to the time I received a replacement was a headache that I found to be unacceptable. Calling my refusal to patronize Microsoft again is a bit of a stretch. On the contrary, I would call your willingness to accept that to be a little biased.

Just because you're willing to bend over and let a company give it to you doesn't mean others should be expected to accept the same. If you've had issues with every single Playstation you've owned, as you claim, you're a fool for continuing to give Sony your business. The definition of insanity is repeating a behavior and expecting a different result.

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 1

#176 deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

@davillain-: I was working for Future Shop when the PS3 came out and it was a slow painful start. 600$ was too much. Blueray technology was the new thing and many people bought one because of that until a real Blueray player under that price came out.

It took a few revision of the PS3 before it took some momentum. Like giving up on backward compatibility and getting out the slim version.

I think that the PS3 ended with a bang, a powerful bang that some people loved and was looking for on the PS4.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#177  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hype.

That's it.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 kingtito

@bforrester420 said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:
@aigis said:

The only issue I ever had was with PS2, and that was the DRE/Disk Scratching (that issue was one and the same). Like I said, a couple of turns of a screw with a jeweler's screwdriver and my PS2 was fine. However, when I had to send back three 360s to Microsoft due to RROD, waiting as long as a month from the time it was sent to the time I received a replacement was a headache that I found to be unacceptable. Calling my refusal to patronize Microsoft again is a bit of a stretch. On the contrary, I would call your willingness to accept that to be a little biased.

Just because you're willing to bend over and let a company give it to you doesn't mean others should be expected to accept the same. If you've had issues with every single Playstation you've owned, as you claim, you're a fool for continuing to give Sony your business. The definition of insanity is repeating a behavior and expecting a different result.

I call BS. I returned mine twice and it took 7 days from the 1st call, not 1 month.

Biased? I thoroughly enjoyed playing on my 360 for the 8 or so years it was out. How is it bad that I don't have an issue with purchasing another MS console? Waiting a week for my console to be returned? Getting it repaired for free twice? Did Sony afford me the same courtesy? No they didn't yet I purchase the next 2 console gens. Would you call me biased then?

Isn't that what you're doing with Sony? Did they not try and charge $600 for a console AND under promise with that PS3? Wasn't the PS2 riddled with hardware issues? Don't see you talking about being bent over for them? I know Sony can do no wrong, they're the saviors of gaming and MS is the evil. Don't be such a hypocrite.

Those errors with the PS consoles are well documented. PS2 DRE, PS3 YOLD and the PS4 has that strange issue with ejecting disc. Hell there is even a video by Sony on how to resolve the issue temporarily. I've enjoyed my consoles though even if I've had issues from time to time. It's a minor inconvenience for the amount of entertainment I've gotten out of all of them.

You're a fool for singling out 1 company while giving the other a pass like most of the hypocritical cows on this site.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#179 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

PS4 launched as being cheaper.

Better hardware.

Got more sales at the beginning.

My friend has one so I bought a ps4.

1080p vs 720/900p 30/60 fps argument.

pitty8982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 pitty8982
Member since 2008 • 1072 Posts

Playstation is what most people think about when you mention gaming.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#181 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19581 Posts

@khoofia_pika said:

Hardware capabilities are rarely a factor when it comes to a system's commercial success. The strongest systems haven't been the most successful since 1983. NES was weaker than the Master System. SNES and Genesis were both weaker than the PC Engine.

I think you mean the Neo Geo. The PC Engine wasn't as powerful as the SNES or Mega Drive... unless we include add-ons, which complicates things.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

MS will always have an uphill battle outselling a Sony console worldwide.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Honestly, the success of the PS4 was largely based on the strong conclusion of the PS3. Sony did a great job at getting in everyone's good books toward the end of the PS3's lifecycle, that everyone was excited to see what they did next. They capitalised on their following with some great PR and here we are today.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 sovkhan

@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@bforrester420 said:

You're rght, they're worse. PS1 had PS issues, PS2 had DRE AND disc scratching, PS3 had YOLD laser failures and so far the PS4 has the issue with ejecting disc constantly or not reading. I've had to send in my 1st PS4 to get repaired and it was only a month old when I got it.

MS had RROD. It got fixed after a little while but the OG Xbox was a tank. So far 2 out of 3 had no major issues, can't say the same for Sony's consoles now can I?

BTW never have I disputed the 360 RROD problems BUT they did get it fixed AND it didn't cost anyone a dime. Sony.....not so much.

Your own experience with the brand is not a source!!!

Unless you come up with solid sources, that proves that they are worse, your comments are total BS!!!

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Let's be real here the only reason the 360 even did as well as it did was because it was cheaper and came out a year earlier then PS3. 360 was the anomoly, not PS4.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 kingtito

@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

Unless you come up with solid sources, that proves that they are worse, your comments are total BS!!!

Funny because those are WELL documented issues with the PS consoles. Sorry you can't accept it but that's YOUR problem, not mine.

Worse than what? Did I say they were worse than RROD? Are all cows just willfully ignorant? RROD was the worst hardware failure in the history of probably all electronics BUT that was fixed and warrantied by MS and it was only 1 out of 3 consoles. Sony, on the other hand, has launched 4 consoles and so far 3 out of 4 had well documented issues with hardware.

I know i know, it's Sony and Sony can do no wrong yada yada yada........

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By aigis

@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:

Funny because those are WELL documented issues with the PS consoles. Sorry you can't accept it but that's YOUR problem, not mine.

Worse than what? Did I say they were worse than RROD? Are all cows just willfully ignorant? RROD was the worst hardware failure in the history of probably all electronics BUT that was fixed and warrantied by MS and it was only 1 out of 3 consoles. Sony, on the other hand, has launched 4 consoles and so far 3 out of 4 had well documented issues with hardware.

If you take the stats, Xbox 360 is the most prone to failure.

Xbox 360 - 54.2% fail

PS3 - 10.6% fail

Wii - 6.8% fail

Source

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 kingtito

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:

Xbox 360 - 54.2% fail

PS3 - 10.6% fail

Wii - 6.8% fail

Source

That's fantastic BRAVO good job........1 problem, I never said it wasn't. I said Sony has a history of faulty consoles and the PS1, PS2 AND PS3 are proof. Did I say the hardware failure rate was higher? Not once.

Honestly, I bet one could make a case for the DRE error being well beyond the 10% of the PS3 and pretty close to the 54% of the 360. No proof of course but to say DRE was a major problem would be an understatement.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By aigis

@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:

Xbox 360 - 54.2% fail

PS3 - 10.6% fail

Wii - 6.8% fail

Source

That's fantastic BRAVO good job

@kingtito said:

Honestly, I bet one could make a case for the DRE error being well beyond the 10% of the PS3 and pretty close to the 54% of the 360. No proof of course but to say DRE was a major problem would be an understatement.

So pulling stats from nowhere with no proof to back it up?

Side note, the 54% is not just RROD and the 10% isnt just disc reads, its a complete failure rate.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 kingtito

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:

Xbox 360 - 54.2% fail

PS3 - 10.6% fail

Wii - 6.8% fail

Source

That's fantastic BRAVO good job

@kingtito said:

Side note, the 54% is not just RROD and the 10% isnt just disc reads, its a complete failure rate.

But I didn't pull any stats period. I said one could make a case but you do know it was big right?

10% you claimed was PS3 not the PS2 and we don't know for sure how many units were effected because not everyone reported it. I know of the PS2s I had, I never called Sony or complained to anyone. I just purchased a new one. That doesn't get recorded.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:

Xbox 360 - 54.2% fail

PS3 - 10.6% fail

Wii - 6.8% fail

Source

LOL @ the lems getting destroyed in this thread.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By aigis
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

@kingtito said:

we don't know for sure how many units were effected

So anything you say about the ps2 is just conjecture unless you know something I dont and arent sharing.

And i'm not claiming anything, I'm just sharing some stats

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 sovkhan

@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:
@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:

Stop posting; looks like you are lost!!!

Was it me that come up with this??? " You're rght, they're worse "

and then you say "RROD was the worst hardware failure in the history of probably all electronics..."

Where is the logic in here??? All the buuuuuttt and Sony hatred in the world can't fix that.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 kingtito

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

@kingtito said:

So anything you say about the ps2 is just conjecture unless you know something I dont and arent sharing.

No, it's well documented problem with PS2s. What we don't know are the total numbers BUT we do know it was lot. I fully expect cows to now downplay the PS2 issues and act as if it were only a couple of units and was blown out of proportion. Cows have bad memories when it comes to Sony

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 kingtito

@sovkhan said:
@kingtito said:

Stop posting; looks like you are lost!!!

Was it me that come up with this??? "You're rght, they're worse "

and then you say

"RROD was the worst hardware failure in the history of probably all electronics..."

Where is the logic in here??? All the buuuuuttt and Sony hatred in the world can't fix that.

No, it's you that has reading comprehension issues. I said Sony is worse with hardware issues because, you know, more than 1 console had major problems. Let me guess, you think 1 out of 3 consoles having an issue is far worse than 3 out of 4? Typical

Once again reading comprehension. 1 console doesn't negate the entire history of Sony's faulty hardware. I'd rather deal with the RROD 1 time than to have 3 out of 4 consoles have major issues.

All your MS hatred isn't going to change that amigo. Sony's track record for hardware failure is far worse in my eyes given the following

A) All hardware failures happened AFTER the warranty period == money out of my pocket to repair or replace

B) More than 1 console generation had issues, well documented issues

C) MS RROD was covered under warranty for 3 years and by the time the warranty ended the issues were fixed. Didn't cost me a dime, just time and not a lot of time at that

Maybe you can understand now.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 aigis

@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

@kingtito said:

No, it's well documented problem with PS2s. What we don't know are the total numbers BUT we do know it was lot. I fully expect cows to now downplay the PS2 issues and act as if it were only a couple of units and was blown out of proportion. Cows have bad memories when it comes to Sony

All your thoughts are conjecture

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 kingtito

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

@kingtito said:

Play def, dumb and blind all you like. Sony fans know PS consoles have been plague with problems in past gens. It's no secret but whatever floats your boat and helps you sleep at night.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By aigis

@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

Play def, dumb and blind all you like. Sony fans know PS consoles have been plague with problems in past gens. It's no secret but whatever floats your boat and helps you sleep at night.

All im saying is you have nothing to back up your argument. I still have my ps2 (since around launch) and it still works, I was playing it just last week. Nobody I know has had a ps2 they had to send in, so unless you got something that is to the contrary, it just seems like you are being an xbox fanboy... Your 3/4 failure argument holds no water

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 kingtito

@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:
@kingtito said:
@aigis said:

All im saying is you have nothing to back up your argument. I still have my ps2 (since around launch) and it still works, I was playing it just last week. Nobody I know has had a ps2 they had to send in, so unless you got something that is to the contrary, it just seems like you are being an xbox fanboy... Your 3/4 failure argument holds no water

That's great because some people still have their launch 360. Does that mean neither had issues?

No one I know had a PS2 they had to send in either, they just bought new ones. Doesn't mean the problems weren't wide spread and huge,

Have to love peoples selective memories. Like I said, play the def, dumb and blind roll all you like. Won't negate the problems the PS consoles had in the past.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 aigis

@kingtito: mmmk, i'll be "def, dumb and blind" as long as that means I don't use bias to make baseless arguments...