RE5 demo screens - killzone 2 am cry

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
good looking game, but KZ2 looks better.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
[QUOTE="haze_blaze"][QUOTE="Gamersince81"]

Only in textures on dudes tricepts. MGS4 looks better in pics and thats sad so imagine actually comparing games in motion. RE5 looks like Ninjas Gaiden to Sigma upgrade from last gen. KZ2 wipes the floor with RE5 and is right behind the mighty Crysis as far as graphics goes. Im going to download RE5 demo now but those screens are not THAT impressive imo. Console graphics king KZ2 comfirmed for now.

Ren_eko
Naw, I think this looks as good as MGS4 gameplay... MGS4 of course kills this during the cutscenes, but as far as actual gameplay I think RE5 is on par with it.

MGS4 cutscenes and gameplay look the same, the cutscenes just give the illusion of looking better because they have rigged camera angles and lightning, but if you close up to Snakes face during normal gameplay you would notice they look the same. Chris looks too butch I WANT MAH LEON BACK :'(.

Have to disagree with you there... while most of the assets are the same during gameplay... nothing during the gameplay looks as good as the big cutscene in Act IV. I'm not trying to take away from the game... it is still one of the best looking titles this gen. Just saying that I think RE5 competes with the gameplay portions... but nothing I saw competes with MGS4's cutscenes. Some of MGS4's gameplay lacked primarily b/c of some low res textures on some surfaces... I thought the lighting during gameplay was just as great as it was during cutscenes... but the textures throughout cutscenes was pretty excellent throughout.
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts
If by better graphics you mean the main character model? When you talk graphics it has to be everything. KZ2 still looks better and it's pretty funny to see some editorials actually finally start saying it's the best graphics they have ssen on a console. Judging from videos I've seen from both games, KZ2 is better overall in the grahpics but RE5 looks very close.
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
Just played the demo. It is RE4 in higher res. The only thing that stood out was the explosions particle effects were cool and Chris's tris had nice textures. The executioner when he swung his axe had a nice blur effect as well. RE5 is a very good looking game definitely in the ranks of Uncharted, GEARS2 and MGS4 but its not in same league as KZ2 or Crysis....(Crysis being higher of the two).
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ren_eko
Member since 2008 • 764 Posts
[QUOTE="Ren_eko"][QUOTE="haze_blaze"] Naw, I think this looks as good as MGS4 gameplay... MGS4 of course kills this during the cutscenes, but as far as actual gameplay I think RE5 is on par with it.haze_blaze
MGS4 cutscenes and gameplay look the same, the cutscenes just give the illusion of looking better because they have rigged camera angles and lightning, but if you close up to Snakes face during normal gameplay you would notice they look the same. Chris looks too butch I WANT MAH LEON BACK :'(.

Have to disagree with you there... while most of the assets are the same during gameplay... nothing during the gameplay looks as good as the big cutscene in Act IV. I'm not trying to take away from the game... it is still one of the best looking titles this gen. Just saying that I think RE5 competes with the gameplay portions... but nothing I saw competes with MGS4's cutscenes. Some of MGS4's gameplay lacked primarily b/c of some low res textures on some surfaces... I thought the lighting during gameplay was just as great as it was during cutscenes... but the textures throughout cutscenes was pretty excellent throughout.

The textures looking better is also part of that camera angles thing, they plan every camera angle so no worse textures will appear in cuscenes , like i said this makes the illusion of the cutscenes "looking" better but since everything is rendered using the ingame engine(except for a cutscene at the end of act3 and one at the end of actV that are CGI)the game itself looks the same as the cutscenes.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
I like these GFX more, but I'll have to say, KillZone 2 does look technically better.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts

Looks good for it being the Wii version. Now show us the ps360 version.

Nike_Air
I see whut you did thar. >_> I think it looks amazing. I dont understand all the hatin' to be honest.
xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts

im sorry but while i do like the game ,the controls take away from the experience IMO.....i guess its because i've played dead space and games like gears1&2 since i last played R4....but the tank controls are more than annoying to me nowadays

other than that i liked the demo....amazing graphics and a tense atmosphere....the co-op gameplay is nicely intergrated into both multi and single

oh yea and killzone2 looks better

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
So, wait, is the RE5 demo available?
def_mode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 def_mode
Member since 2005 • 4237 Posts

Without playing either I would have to agree. Also RE5 has a much better atmosphere since it is not just a ton of gray and there is far more to the arearybe1025

although I loves RE5, i disagree about what you have said.

RE5's setting is somewhere in earth. KZ2's setting isnt. so dont expect a sun or even a rainbow in KZ2

A war on a different planet + a wasteland looking setting of helghan territory shouldnt be colorful. gray pallete color is telling us that that place is evil/dead and it existed just because of militarism.

Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Ren_eko
So, wait, is the RE5 demo available?Jandurin
Ya needz a JPN XBL account or else....youre screwed.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="Jandurin"]So, wait, is the RE5 demo available?Ren_eko
Ya needz a JPN XBL account or else....youre screwed.

I actually don't care enough to bother. :P
Ren_eko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Ren_eko
Those pics are just alpha footage,motion bluring is very high in RE5 as well, the enemies in RE5 look meh...just like everything else except the main character models.
Avatar image for Simulator_Shock
Simulator_Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#65 Simulator_Shock
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts
Epic Win
Uptown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Uptown
Member since 2002 • 10348 Posts

.....RE5 looks clean in screenshots (Although I still question them as there isnt a single jaggy in them).......but in motion Killzone 2 simply wipes the floor with it. Polygon counts, lighting, particle effects, everything thats going on at once makes it look like a more believeable scenario. Not to mention RE5 in motion looks like RE4 HD with all those recycled shooting, knife weilding, enemy dying/walking animations.

Killzone 2:http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/killzone_entering_the_fray.html

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50588 Posts
My Lord Chris looks stupid, absolutely hate what they did with him. But I still think KZ2 looks better, animation makes KZ2 case for me.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Chutebox
[QUOTE="haze_blaze"]

Killzone 2 says go home & try again:P-Mad_Rhetoric-

looks good but it only has 3 shads of grey, and excessive motion blur to cover up low res textures,

RE5 has 30 enemies on screen at once, beautiful in door and outdoor environments, better character models

it's funny you say that because you sound like all the people who hate on this game just because they can. All the sites and magazines that have actually played the game say the exact opposite of you. Hmmmmm

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
Lol, okay. I'm not even sure if you're serious... have you even seen the new KZ2 vids or screens. This looks closer to MGS4... no where near KZ2 homie. Still, the demo was fun enough and I expect it to be a great game. You guys really just need to accept that the better looking game is not going to be on your system though... you're making yourselves look kind of silly with such threads. haze_blaze
Yeah, the better looking game will be on the PC. Consoles can fight for 2nd place.
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="haze_blaze"]

Killzone 2 says go home & try again:PChutebox

looks good but it only has 3 shads of grey, and excessive motion blur to cover up low res textures,

RE5 has 30 enemies on screen at once, beautiful in door and outdoor environments, better character models

it's funny you say that because you sound like all the people who hate on this game just because they can. All the sites and magazines that have actually played the game say the exact opposite of you. Hmmmmm

Ignore their opinions, this dude with an RE sig pic says KZ2 is bad.
Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts

it does look better than kz2 graphically.

but kz2 has a better design.

mr_mozilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 mr_mozilla
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
The main character models look great ..but otherwise I'm not all that impressed, it does look good but nothing to wet your pants over.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

that second screen looks really good

I'm going to download it right now, but I have to navigate the japanese dashboard first. that could be troublesome.

Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74 Al3x_n90
Member since 2007 • 2561 Posts
[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"][QUOTE="haze_blaze"]

Killzone 2 says go home & try again:PChutebox

Wow i never thought TC was such a KZ2 hater.

TC...listen, KZ2 has much bigger environments and a better draw distance. RE5 has awesome looking character models but that's about it :) Probably the PC version will look better than the console version. So all in all KZ2 looks better and it's more of a technical masterpiece(i avoid using that word but it describes it best). :)

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts
Um, the graphics got downgraded. PC version, here i come :)loco145
Yeah PC version ftw \m/
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Oh so now RE5 is being compared to KZ2....Gee, I wonder what will come next. If its not one thing its another; KZ2 needs to come out now and do either amazing or flop really bad so we can get the bulk of topics done and over with and quit talking about it...

And yes, just judging from screens of both games from the past, Re5 does appear to look better. However neither are out and screens can be decieving no matter the quality so its best to save judgement until both games are literally out(as in retail). Fortunately ps3 owners get to experience both games when they do infact come out so why anyone with a ps3 at least, should care enough to damage control is unknown by me.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#77 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Killzone 2 still wins.

Also on gamespot's show on the spot they have a great bit showing killzone 2's campaign.

The rumor about easy AI, lol yeah thats out the window, that video is on normal mode, theres 2 moded above that :P

boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts
Looks pretty good, When does the demo arrive in europe?
akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#79 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
beautiful that resi engine is amazing think of how they maximised RE4 for GC .. prob the best looking game on the console might be a similar story here
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Killzone 2 still wins.

Also on gamespot's show on the spot they have a great bit showing killzone 2's campaign.

The rumor about easy AI, lol yeah thats out the window, that video is on normal mode, theres 2 moded above that :P

NinjaMunkey01

Whud'ya mean? I understand the A.I isnt as easy as once thought but did you say there are 2 more difficulty setting above normal? Or something else lol...Im just not comprehending. Forgive me.

starfxxxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 starfxxxer
Member since 2004 • 3295 Posts
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"]

Killzone 2 still wins.

mccoyca112

Whud'ya mean? I understand the A.I isnt as easy as once thought but did you say there are 2 more difficulty setting above normal? Or something else lol...Im just not comprehending. Forgive me.

yes ...2 more above normal ...+ one on easy
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
KZ2 looks better.
Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Al3x_n90

Here are some Developer vids from gt, quite good videos :)

Tech interview - Wow at the reflections :o

Art &audio interview

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Everything just looks good to me now. It all looks good.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#86 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Looks splendiriffic. Killzone 2 still has a slight edge I think.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Color me unimpressed. RE5 is average looking (judging by screenshots).
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

What, is the title a joke? Sure the character models look amazing but the environments in KZ2 are just bigger and have a lot more stuff going on :P

Plus...what's up with that draw distance and those feet?

And i also hate that HUD :|

Al3x_n90

my god you people complain about the smallest little details...

imo RE5 looks better then KZ2

not o mention artistically it blows KZ2 outa the water, im not in to the whole Grey thing

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Chutebox
[QUOTE="Al3x_n90"]

What, is the title a joke? Sure the character models look amazing but the environments in KZ2 are just bigger and have a lot more stuff going on :P

legend26

not o mention artistically it blows KZ2 outa the water, im not in to the whole Grey thing

Not arguing against your opinion, but the gray thing, have you seen the latest pictures/videos?
Gamersince81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Gamersince81
Member since 2007 • 1787 Posts
[QUOTE="Al3x_n90"]

legend26

Have you played the demo like me? Keep it real son. RE5 is RE4 in HD. The only impressive things i saw were Chris's tris, hair, explosions and some blur effect when the executioner swung his axe. I played both missions BTW...the one with the executioner and the chainsaw freak. For you to say RE5 looks better than KZ2 in any way says you havent played the demo. Oh yea, i didnt like the controls at all but RE5 will be a very solid game overall. RE5 cant even hold KZ2's jock strap in pure graphical prowess. Matter a fact we should compare KZ2 to Crysis now, the gap has closen and KZ2 is the only game we can actually compare to the great Crysis.. (i played Crysis on low settings by the way).

Give GG some credit, they are pulling off amazing sh*t with the PS3.

Al3x_n90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Al3x_n90
[QUOTE="Al3x_n90"]

legend26

I think the HUD is quite large :lol:

Artistically i like KZ2 more, grey? really....

And you need to see more KZ2 vids dude, in terms of character models, RE5 looks amazing, in terms of environment...not so great.It kinda looks like mgs4 if you ask me :P

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
What a suprise, it dosn't look as good as the trailers that where probably rendered on ultra high end computers and touched up.
Khoaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Khoaki
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Gonna have to agree with pretty much everyone here that Killzone 2 looks better. Both games are probably the best looking console titles though. :D
destro123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 destro123
Member since 2005 • 755 Posts
you people have your standerds WAY to high. its video game graphics not CGI, what the hell do you expect. The game still looks good so quite whining
bleehum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 bleehum
Member since 2004 • 5321 Posts
A simple no is all that is needed to answer to your thread.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

It is a shame that Killzone 2 and RE 5 are both playable on PS3. I must really be missing out.

I will enjoy KZ late Feb and continue to play it for ages as well as pick up and enjoy RE 5 too.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
yuu honestly think thats better then killzone 2 :?
gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts
From the screens that I have seen, they both look equally unimpressive. We will see how they look in motion. That's what matters in the end.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#99 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
From the screens that I have seen, they both look equally unimpressive. We will see how they look in motion. That's what matters in the end.gdp72
i agree with you
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#100 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
they look good, but not as good as gears or kz2 imo.