Ratchet & Clank debuts at #1

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

on UK charts with only two days on the market for its best debut ever.

It sold 36k in only two days compared to Quantum Break selling only 28k in five days.

This is in line with previous releases like Bloodborne.

Ratchet Reborn

25/Apr/2016

Sony and Insomniac make a triumphant return with a first outing on PS4 for ‘Ratchet & Clank’, the first in the series to debut at No1.

The game debuts just a few days before the movie (UK release date is 29th April). The game series began back in week 45, 2002 on PS2 with ‘Ratchet and Clank’ having held the previous best week 1 for All Formats chart postion (No15). In terms of week 1 sales units the record was held by 2009’s PS3 ‘Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time’, but the current release beats this by a factor of 3. Bandai Namco’s ‘Dark Souls III’ drops to No2 after 1 week at the top (-80%) and EA climb 9 places to No3 with ‘Star Wars Battlefront’ (+177%) – of course this is also the week where ‘Star Wars The Force Awakens’ arrived on DVD/Blu-ray.

Three other new releases make the Top 40 this week. The second is Nintendo’s WiiU ‘Star Fox Zero’ at No6, the third is Alternative’s ‘Rugby Challenge 3’ (No13) and the fourth is Konami’s ‘UEFA Euro 2016 Pro Evolution Soccer’ for PS3/PS4 (No23).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I am glad. It looks like a great game.

Star Fox Zero got a strong debut at number 3 in the individual formats chart, too.

Nu-flaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nu-flaver
Member since 2016 • 28 Posts

All hail Sony God's

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@charizard1605 said:

Star Fox Zero got a strong debut at number 3 in the individual formats chart, too.

Me too. I'm enjoying it so far. Still adjusting because I have not played a game with this kind of art style or even a platformer(which I suck at) in a LONG time. It's a nice change of pace.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:
@charizard1605 said:

Me too. I'm enjoying it so far. Still adjusting because I have not played a game with this kind of art style or even a platformer(which I suck at) in a LONG time. It's a nice change of pace.

I'm getting it this weekend. The original Ratchet is still my favorite. Can't wait to play this reimagining.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

No idea why you're comparing a beloved, we'll established franchise to a new ip on a smaller platform

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I hope the success of Ratchet & Clank will mean a return of this genera on PS consoles. I loved the PS1 because of Crash and Spyro. I loved PS2 because of Sly, Jak & Daxter and Ratchet & Clank. But the PS3 and PS4 have disappointed me because of the lack of these sorts of games.

We need games like this to make a comeback. Make the realistic games like Uncharted sure, make the super gory and "mature" games like God of War thats fine, but give us games like Ratchet & Clank more often too, their is as much of a market for them as their is the other two, it's nice to have games that both adults and kids can enjoy together, and then maybe I'd have a reason to turn my PS4 on more than once a year.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The game is amazing my daughter played an hour of it and she loves it.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224: OK The Order 1886 sold 40k in the same time frame Quantum Break sold 28k. That's a fair comparison.

imt558

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 imt558
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts

@mems_1224:

Heh, such excuse. Btw. QB had a way bigger marketing and more days of tracking in UK.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mems_1224

@StrongBlackVine: not bad for QB considering xbox is outsold 2:1

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224: These numbers are UK only. There are likely more Xbox Ones in homes there now than there were PS4s in February 2015. Install base is not the reason QB isn't measuring up.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mems_1224

@StrongBlackVine: awesome, so the xbox is doing better. Good to hear.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Glad it did well looks great. For sure it will sell more than QB, definitely a game with more mass appeal for all ages and not to mention the bigger install base of the PS4, QB did fine for the kind of game that it is though, especially since it's a new IP too.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224: I guess if tracking more than a year behind your competition is considered doing better.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mems_1224

@Alucard_Prime: yea, pretty much spot on. No idea why TC has his panties in a twist over a game he has no interest in

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 StrongBlackVine

@mems_1224: It was just a fun comparison to see what response I could illicit. I'd rather we make this topic mostly about the game that is actually a success. :)

brn-dn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 brn-dn
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

So exciting and ready for more AAA 3D platformers.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56547 Posts

I always loved the humor and platforming in Ratchet & Clank games but found the combat tedious (despite the rad weapons). Maybe I'll pick this up when it's dropped in price a bit cause I got other games to be finishing up right before Uncharted 4 arrives.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

The game is awesome in all ways. I really love it.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 StrongBlackVine

@davillain-: It's $40 you cheap bastard!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

No idea why you're comparing a beloved, we'll established franchise to a new ip on a smaller platform

I though you lemmings didn't care about those things,specially since many of you didn't care it was a new series to claim it would beat Uncharted..lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaVillain  Moderator

@StrongBlackVine said:

I know that! I was suggesting it'll be on sale for PS+ in the upcoming months and like I said, I got other games to be finishing up before Uncharted 4 releases.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

And it didn't even need to be hyped and promoted for 5 years!

Well deserved, the game is one of the best this gen.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mems_1224

@tormentos: I dont speak stupid. Someone translate to English please

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

one of my favorite games to come out in the last 5 years and a top three this gen. solid insomniac.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@davillain- said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

I know that! I was suggesting it'll be on sale for PS+ in the upcoming months and like I said, I got other games to be finishing up before Uncharted 4 releases.

you bought quantum flop day one at $60 but you need to wait for a sale on a game that's already priced at $40 and is recieving great reviews?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Well deserved. It's the best exclusive between PS4 and Xbone this gen and deserves all the sales and praise it gets.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Gosh, you'd think this game was marketed for for the last four years straight and shown at every E3 or something. .

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NathanDrakeSwag

@mems_1224 said:

He's comparing a budget priced game that has had very little marketing to a game M$ has advertised the hell of and has shown at every single conference since the Xbone reveal. It was the first game they ever showed for the console. R&C is selling on pure word of mouth right now. Quantum Break bombed even with the M$ marketing train fully behind it. I see commercials of it every day. Have yet to see a R&C commercial. If Sony was actually advertising it it would be selling even better than it is.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2154 Posts

Mems is crying again. We should really stop hurting his feelings. Great job, game is straight up awesome. Too bad ill never play it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:

He's comparing a budget priced game that has had very little marketing to a game M$ has advertised the hell of and has shown at every single conference since the Xbone reveal. It was the first game they ever showed for the console. R&C is selling on pure word of mouth right now. Quantum Break bombed even with the M$ marketing train fully behind it. I see commercials of it every day. Have yet to see a R&C commercial. If Sony was actually advertising it it would be selling even better than it is.

Ok, so we're complaining that MS gave Remedy's game every chance to succeed and praising Sony for doing nothing for one of their biggest franchises ever? Seems pretty backwards.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Shewgenja

@mems_1224: There's going to be a Ratchet and Clank movie. Sony is hardly "doing nothing"

It's just that Quantum Break has been around since the XBone reveal. It's a title synonymous with the platform and it's failure is also.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224

@Shewgenja said:

@mems_1224: There's going to be a Ratchet and Clank movie. Sony is hardly "doing nothing"

It's just that Quantum Break has been around since the XBone reveal. It's a title synonymous with the platform and it's failure is also.

Ok, it was a failure. So what?

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NathanDrakeSwag

@mems_1224 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:

Ok, so we're complaining that MS gave Remedy's game every chance to succeed and praising Sony for doing nothing for one of their biggest franchises ever? Seems pretty backwards.

I'm just saying that despite QB having more opportunity to succeed R&C still managed to perform better even with bare minimum advertising. I'm actually annoyed at Sony for spending so much advertising money on a piece of shit like The Order 1886 but then doing nothing for a great game like R&C. Luckily gamers stepped up and showed that good games can still be rewarded and that throwing ads in your face constantly for mediocre games doesn't always translate to sales.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shewgenja

@mems_1224: This is why Titan Fall 2 is coming to ps4. The Xbox brand has an anti-Midas touch. What it touches turns to shit. Even Halo is meh riffic.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mems_1224 said:

I'm just saying that despite QB having more opportunity to succeed R&C still managed to perform better even with bare minimum advertising. I'm actually annoyed at Sony for spending so much advertising money on a piece of shit like The Order 1886 but then doing nothing for a great game like R&C. Luckily gamers stepped up and showed that good games can still be rewarded and that throwing ads in your face constantly for mediocre games doesn't always translate to sales.

R&C is still more known than QB and is on a way more popular system and they're about to release a big shitty movie for R&C. Its not really all that impressive that it outsold a mediocre game.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By casharmy

@Shewgenja said:

Gosh, you'd think this game was marketed for for the last four years straight and shown at every E3 or something. .

Can't be helped, it's released on the system that people flock to who are actual gamers.

Sony is known for supporting their platforms with wide variety of games that carry a high degree of quality across various genres that appeal to multiple gamers tastes and demographics not just a select focus group.

That is why Sony consoles are more popular world wide and after gamers gave MS a chance last gen with 360 and the Halo/Forza/Gears recycle treatment people realize there is no substitute.

If you want to play great games and not be confined to the focus group mentality treatment for quality titles and exclusives then playstation is the platform of choice for you.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By mems_1224

@Shewgenja said:

@mems_1224: This is why Titan Fall 2 is coming to ps4. The Xbox brand has an anti-Midas touch. What it touches turns to shit. Even Halo is meh riffic.

Then why is Titanfall getting a sequel in the first place if it did so horribly? If that game didn't do well that studio wouldn't be open.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Shewgenja

@casharmy: Hey man, if you like Forza, have they got the plastic box for you!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@FinalFighters: Blame it on Dark Souls 3 for not letting me go and play anything else lol.

Also what does Quantum Break has to do any of what I said anyway?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@tormentos: I dont speak stupid. Someone translate to English please

LOL

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By casharmy

@Shewgenja said:

@casharmy: Hey man, if you like Forza, have they got the plastic box for you!

I liked Forza 3, probably xbox 360's best exclusive. The JRPGs I bought the console for were over hyped and average compared to most JRPGs that weren't even talked about on PS2.

Gears..I stoped playing after the first chapter (was after I played UC2 I think) and just couldn't bare to continue. (didn't pay for XBL so no multi)

Halo 3..Why was the game so ulgy? and the way the guns felt was bunk and it didn't really feel fun. (again no XBL, I played for campaign)

I'd say Forza was the top exclusive game but It didn't really feel realistic, or at least not as refined as GT and while it was fun it didn't feel as authentic or challenging as GT.

So basically 360 (for me) amounted to a few over-hyped JRPGs (listening to xbox fans duh) and Forza 3. That Said I did enjoy that exclusive Naruto game that 360 had if that means anything.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

I'm glad it did well, it is a very good game.

imt558

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 imt558
Member since 2004 • 976 Posts

@mems_1224:

Quote :

not bad for QB considering xbox is outsold 2:1

Xbone is not outsold 2:1 in UK.

Ratchet & Clank (2 days of tracking): >36K

Quantum Break (5 days of tracking): ~28K

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

It's a good game, I'm enjoying it so far so it's not surprising it's on top of the charts so far.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

Good sales. Once I catch up with a few games, I'm playing it!

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Xbone and PS4 is almost 1:1 in the UK, that's the funniest part.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

@davillain- said:

@FinalFighters:

Also what does Quantum Break has to do any of what I said anyway?

i was referring to your sig: "currently playing QB"