"PS3 is only good for exclusives"

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fourseamer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fourseamer4
Member since 2009 • 467 Posts

What do you think? Which multi-platform game do you buy your games on? BTW... their words not mine.

"Of the five people I know with a PS3, four of them started with a 360. With a multi-platform game they are more likely to buy it for the 360. This is because they can top up their gamerscore and more importantly they have more friends with a 360.

For these reasons, the PS3 has become a machine for exclusive games only.

If consoles had no exclusives, how would they distinguish themselves from the competition? In other industry, reputation is important, such as the reliability of a car. But gaming is different, we are the consumers of content.

I'm a fan of Batman, and I have an affinity with the WB brand, but that didn't stop me watching Transformers 2 or Star Trek.

There may be short term loyalty to a console, but this is eroded when the next gen comes along, at that point it is about the content.

Friends of mine moved from PS2 to 360 because they didn't want to wait a year for the PS3. When it was released, the 360 offered exclusive games with next gen graphics and a superior online experience. Most notably in the States the 360 enjoys a sizeable lead.

Today, Sony's machine does not offer a worse experience online. But because of it's position as a secondary machine in homes with a 360, it lags in multi-platform game sales.

Exclusive content is why I chose PS3 over 360. Knowing I'll get MGS4 as well as first party content such as Ratchet and Clank was more important than Gears of War or Halo.

The exclusives PS3 has coming up interest me greatly. A large number of them are aimed at the hardcore. The majority of the hardcore market yet to own a PS3 have a 360 and so even when the PS3 console is sold with the exclusive game, the PS3 is likely to continue lagging in sales of multi-platform games.

The PS3 has become a machine for exclusive games only."

Link.

dsmccracken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dsmccracken
Member since 2003 • 7307 Posts
[QUOTE="fourseamer4"]

What do you think? Which multi-platform game do you buy your games on? BTW... their words not mine.

"Of the five people I know with a PS3, four of them started with a 360. With a multi-platform game they are more likely to buy it for the 360. This is because they can top up their gamerscore and more importantly they have more friends with a 360.

For these reasons, the PS3 has become a machine for exclusive games only.

If consoles had no exclusives, how would they distinguish themselves from the competition? In other industry, reputation is important, such as the reliability of a car. But gaming is different, we are the consumers of content.

I'm a fan of Batman, and I have an affinity with the WB brand, but that didn't stop me watching Transformers 2 or Star Trek.

There may be short term loyalty to a console, but this is eroded when the next gen comes along, at that point it is about the content.

Friends of mine moved from PS2 to 360 because they didn't want to wait a year for the PS3. When it was released, the 360 offered exclusive games with next gen graphics and a superior online experience. Most notably in the States the 360 enjoys a sizeable lead.

Today, Sony's machine does not offer a worse experience online. But because of it's position as a secondary machine in homes with a 360, it lags in multi-platform game sales.

Exclusive content is why I chose PS3 over 360. Knowing I'll get MGS4 as well as first party content such as Ratchet and Clank was more important than Gears of War or Halo.

The exclusives PS3 has coming up interest me greatly. A large number of them are aimed at the hardcore. The majority of the hardcore market yet to own a PS3 have a 360 and so even when the PS3 console is sold with the exclusive game, the PS3 is likely to continue lagging in sales of multi-platform games.

The PS3 has become a machine for exclusive games only."

Link.

It's (the PS3) exclusives are great, but this is the gen of the multiplat, and that means nothing good for the PS3.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I use my PS3 for exclusives, and buy all multiplats for my 360.
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I have more friends on PSN, plus PSN is free so I bu multiplats for that.

The ps3 is perfectly fine for multiplats, but for many its just better to get it for the 360.

The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts

I have just as much fun with my multiplat games as anyone else on any other console. Except I don't have to pay extra just to play it online, which makes it even a more enjoyable.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Not really. If you have more friends on PSN and dont want to pay to play online then PS3 is good all around.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
Even when I had a 360, the majority of my multiplats were bought for the PS3, and for the same reasoning that the author of that article did the opposite: most of my friends have a PS3. Free online play sealed then deal on games I was on the fence about.
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Ps2 games and the rare 3rd party exclusive is what I buy.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I only buy single player exclusive PS3 games so i guess that article pretty true for me.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I buy all my multiplats for my PS3 (all my friends have one)

If all my friends had a 360, then I would buy all my multiplats for that

micky4889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 micky4889
Member since 2006 • 2668 Posts
I buy all my multiplat games for the PS3 mainly because of free online and the fact that blu ray is damn near unscratchable, game's are just too pricey to have to buy again a second time.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

No, wii is only good for exclusives most of the time. PS3 is suitable for basically any game.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12333 Posts
The normal consumer could careless what system has the slightly better version of the game.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
The normal consumer could careless what system has the slightly better version of the game. Nonstop-Madness
This, but you see we are not the average consumer, we know the differences websites point out when comparing games. and even then the differences are so small you can just avoid them. The whole "PS3 sucks for multiplat's" thing is old, the only differences are usually cosmetic.
jarhead20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 jarhead20
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

I use my PS3 for exclusives, and buy all multiplats for my 360.Doolz2024

Same here, but some games with strong mp I go with the ps3 versions (or PC versions for that matter) cause I really dont see much difference between xbox live and psn so why pay, even if in fact is very little money, for something that could and should be free..

SuperBobz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SuperBobz
Member since 2009 • 613 Posts

No, wii is only good for exclusives most of the time. PS3 is suitable for basically any game.

ActicEdge

I wish it wasn't true, but it is :( . Even many of the exclusives on the Wii are pieces of crap...

About the ps3 being good for only exclusives, I have to disagree. I think the ps3 is thought of as that because there are less users, thus more people have friends that have an xbox 360. But both systems seem to be equally fun for me to play multiplats on. Although I can see why many think of the 360 as better in that regard.

Avatar image for deactivated-652663614c5e5
deactivated-652663614c5e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-652663614c5e5
Member since 2005 • 2271 Posts

the PS3 is suitable for any game, multiplat or exclusive.

aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
true article
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The normal consumer could careless what system has the slightly better version of the game. Pinkyimp
This, but you see we are not the average consumer, we know the differences websites point out when comparing games. and even then the differences are so small you can just avoid them. The whole "PS3 sucks for multiplat's" thing is old, the only differences are usually cosmetic.

Yes, I find it really funny when the only differences must be seen with a magnifying glass. Quite a lame arguement, really.

FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

I agree with the article 100%... I only have a PS3 for its exclusives, nothing else warrants my attention for the system. When I play a game I want to play the version of the title that best represents the vision of the dev....In 98.5% of multiplats are fully realized on the 360, not the PS3.

IMO this is the best way for me to appreciate my PS3 is to enjoy it for what it does best, PS3 exclusive games.

Game On...

Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The normal consumer could careless what system has the slightly better version of the game. Jfisch93

Yes, I find it really funny when the only differences must be seen with a magnifying glass. Quite a lame arguement, really.

True, but think about this:

360 only owner: You're in paradise.

PS3 only owner: Okay, too.

360 & PS3 owner: "Hmmm...if I'm going to spend a chunk of money for a certain game between each version, then I'll want the version that has better graphics, framerates, etc., plus a better controller, & for better online/multiplayer!"

That's what most people are going to think. What about you?

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
I use my PS3 for multiplats and exclusives. The 360 i hardly ever use and when i do its for there mediocre exclusives.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]The normal consumer could careless what system has the slightly better version of the game. Jfisch93

Yea it is lame. I dont pause games and zoom in every 5 seconds so why would one pixel out of place make a difference.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Jfisch93"]

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"] This, but you see we are not the average consumer, we know the differences websites point out when comparing games. and even then the differences are so small you can just avoid them. The whole "PS3 sucks for multiplat's" thing is old, the only differences are usually cosmetic.garland51

True, but think about this:

360 only owner: You're in paradise.

PS3 only owner: Okay, too.

360 & PS3 owner: Hmmm...if I'm going to spend a chunk of money for a certain game between each version, then I'll want the version that has better graphics, framerates, etc., plus a better controller, & for better online/multiplayer!

That's what most people are going to think. What about you?

LMAO you gatta love opinions. While I do agree 360 is a tiny bit better online mainly cause of 3 features it still aint 50 bucks worth to me. Also again most of the difference is so tiny majority of the time I dont really care. I own both 360 and PS3 and still get my multplats on my PS3.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
I buy 95% of my multiplats on the PS3 and will do so for the rest of this generation. I only use my 360 for exclusives and PC/360 games for the most part.
FatalDomain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FatalDomain
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts

Sorry but not all of the differences are simply nitpicking....Not all the titles have small differences where only Columbo or a rabid fanboy can find them (RE5, Burnout, SF4). The majority of multiplats are downright horrible on the PS3 in terms of textures, framerates, loading times, features, etc. etc (too many to list). For gamers such as myself with all three systems its no biggie, just buy the superior version, but for the monoconsolites, they immediately go into damage control about "its not that big of a deal". Sorry it is that big of a deal, you are paying the same price for a title with things missing from it but packaged as a complete port. Game On...
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

the ps3 is great for everything if i was broke and cant afford 50 for a whole year i would stick to buy games with online for ps3

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Jfisch93"]

[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"] This, but you see we are not the average consumer, we know the differences websites point out when comparing games. and even then the differences are so small you can just avoid them. The whole "PS3 sucks for multiplat's" thing is old, the only differences are usually cosmetic.FatalDomain

Sorry but not all of the differences are simply nitpicking....Not all the titles have small differences where only Columbo or a rabid fanboy can find them (RE5, Burnout, SF4). The majority of multiplats are downright horrible on the PS3 in terms of textures, framerates, loading times, features, etc. etc (too many to list). For gamers such as myself with all three systems its no biggie, just buy the superior version, but for the monoconsolites, they immediately go into damage control about "its not that big of a deal". Sorry it is that big of a deal, you are paying the same price for a title with things missing from it but packaged as a complete port. Game On...

When the PS3 first started yea,but thats not as often as now. The biggest blunder I remember was the ghostbusters(i played both version and sure didint feel that much different)and from that the fallout 3 thing,but thats about it.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
well thing with owners of both 360 and ps3 is. they gotta pay for online play so they gotta buy or rent games to make it feel like they are getting their 50 bucks worth. i myself only bought my 360 for rpgs. so i dont pay for live. freeing me to buy a multi plat game on my system of choice.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

[QUOTE="FatalDomain"][QUOTE="Jfisch93"] Yes, I find it really funny when the only differences must be seen with a magnifying glass. Quite a lame arguement, really.

finalfantasy94

When the PS3 first started yea,but thats not as often as now. The biggest blunder I remember was the ghostbusters(i played both version and sure didint feel that much different)and from that the fallout 3 thing,but thats about it.

I agree. Fallout, Dead space, CoD4, World at War, Bioshock, GTA4 are all great games on the PS3, the only thing developers are so picky about is the DLC, which PS3 is getting none of, but then again Bethesda said that there DLC will come to PS3 soon anyways.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
I prefer to buy exclusives on Playstation 3, multiplatforms on PC. I refuse to buy an Xbox 360 due to a wide variety of factors, not least of which is my total fear of a powerful, market-dominating Microsoft. Playstation 3 exclusives have better graphics, production values, sound, controls, and better online support (dedicated servers from Sony). Why wouldn't I prefer them to hunks of cheese like Blacksite: Area 51, Call of Duty 4 (which has horrible P2P online networking, hideous image quality), or Ghostbusters? Now, good multiplatform games, like the FANTASTIC Blazblue, I graciously pick up, if only to reward the developers with what little cash I can offer them with a purchase. Blazblue has awesome awesome production values, btw. As far as the failure points are concerned....I don't want to be like a friend of mine who told me he rented Hannah Montana for the Xbox 360 just so he could get more failure points. But in my experience it is DEFINITELY true that it's easier to find 360 owners than PS3 owners.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
exclusive games on ps3, everything else on pc, often half the price and they look and run better. Even sf4 I got on pc over ps3, heck the ps3 version is over twice as much and its been out for ages.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
360 is only good for 3 years /thread
TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts

ActicEdge
This is how I roll as well
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#37 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It's the truth, PS3 has exclusives, and hardly any multiplats that are better than 360 ones.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

I haven't touched my 360 in ages, and its kind of sad. I buy Multiplats on PS3 because the online is free which is great cause I don't play online a lot. I only use the 360 for exclusives that actually appeal to me. Hasn't been any lately.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Aside from the Orange Box I get nearly all multiplats on it.
mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts
Yeah, I don't buy many multiplats for PS3 that I otherwise would. I don't like having inferior versions. Orange Box and possibly Fallout 3 come to mind. It also really ticks me off that my GTA4 is gimped compared to the other versions. In the end though, PS3 is still the best choice for me 'cause of RROD and free online.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I personally have more friends on PSN so when it comes to multiplats which have MP, i still get them on PS3... in case of games such as Fifa, COD4 i sometimes get versions on both PS3 & 360 (one at launch & the other versionlater on at a cheaper price/special offer)

Most of the time the differences in multiplats are minimal and dont really effect the game, but when it comes to single player oriented titles I tend to get those on 360..

RawDeal_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RawDeal_basic
Member since 2002 • 1959 Posts

I'm getting ready to buy a 360 so I can play multiplats. I can't take the bad framerates, jaggies, and low resolutions of PS3 multiplats anymore. The only reason I don't sell my PS3 is because of the awesome exclusives (MAG!). I'm not gonna lie though; the main reason I'm getting a 360 is to play the Perfect Dark remake. :P

Metalscarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Metalscarz
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts

For me it's PC first. If my friends are playing online then it's Xbox 360 (only one other person I know has a PS3, and he never plays online compared to almost 20 people with 360's). If it's single player then PS3 unless the 360 version runs better.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I play all multiplats on PS3 cuz I have a bad history with RRoD just keep the Xbox 360 for exclusives + I have more friends on PSN than Live.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
no, not really. i buy both exclusives AND multiplats for my ps3
skingus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 skingus
Member since 2006 • 2370 Posts
My 360 has died on me twice, and i'm no fanboy! In fact, i'd rather support an American product over a Japanese, but i'm also one of those consumers that likes to reward a co. that has done their job. At this point the 360 has let me down by breaking down. Nothing against Microsoft ( I actually love alot of the things they offer) but if your Ford kept breaking down on you and your Honda kept working, which one would you keep buying parts for? I am going to buy another 360 eventually, but I will be wondering when it will break down while I swipe my credit card...
KratosTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KratosTwin
Member since 2008 • 894 Posts

I plan on buying 360/PC games as well as 360 exclusives. Most of my multiplats will be on the PS3 unless there is a huge difference between the two versions.

trakem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 trakem
Member since 2002 • 3859 Posts

To me, every machine's worth is defined by it's exclusives. I'm sorry, but I don't really care much about a few pixels difference between one version of the game and the other. I'd just as soon have it on the PS3 as the Xbox 360 or PC or whatever. The worth of having each of my platforms, to me, is the games that I can play because of that platform.

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

I buy all multiplats for my PS3. because it's the only console I have. :D

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#50 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I disagree, PS3 is good for a Blu-ray player. One of these days I will buy Ratchet and Clank. Oh wait, that is an exclusive...