PUBG developer shocked someone cynically cloned PUBG

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

@Vatusus said:

?

I'm not much into the genre, and I can be wrong here, but isnt PUBG just another shared world survival game ala DayZ and dozens of others that came after it? It also has an ARMA vibe to me. It sound to me that PUBG is just the new fad game like Minecraft and DayZ before it...

So why exactly are they complaining like they'be invented the genre? Also, if people couldnt copy nothing then we wouldnt have other FPS games after Wolfenstein 3D/DOOM or plartformers after Pitfall...

Well PUBG was originally a mod for Arma 2 and I think it was a mod of DayZ or just happened to come out around the same time.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#52 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19679 Posts

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@Jag85 said:
@jumpaction said:

@DragonfireXZ95: Yes. It was only in the manga from what I remember. Everyone was outfitted with an explosive collar. The collar would detonate if the participants failed to keep within the play-zone which shrunk as time went on.

It's a very gruesome manga. Very disturbing and not for the light-hearted. I didn't really enjoy it too much. :(

It's more gruesome than the movie.

Edit: I researched how they introduced this rule to the reader. It was the death of Sho Tsukioka that went on to explain the boundaries rule.

Pretty sure that was in the Battle Royale movie as well. There were danger zones where collars exploded if players were still there after a specified time.

I'll have to re-watch it. Been years since I've seen it. I really only remember a few parts of the movie.

Same here. It's probably been a decade since I last re-watched the movie.

Regarding the topic, I've always thought that Battle Royale would be great as a video game, and I'm sure plenty of other fans had a similar thought. It was only a matter of time before a fan actually made a video game out of it. I'm just surprised it's taken so long.

Braydon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Braydon64
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

I have never played PUBG, but I tried Fortnite Battle Royale last night & it was a lot of fun. I have heard that PUBG runs bad & honestly, the graphics are subpar. I also think it's ridiculous how many PUBG players are basically getting banned for no reason.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

In other news Rise of the Triad invented capture the flag and no other game is allowed to do it.