deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Sony unveiled a new bunch of PSVR games at PSX. UploadVR noticed, as did the growing community of PSVR fans. At every show, Sony shows off new PSVR games. And in between shows they announce new VR games consistently. This shows a pattern: they are supporting their VR peripheral, and wholeheartedly believe in it. UploadVR has written an article outlining why Sony is leading the VR race, and the main point is software support, which is absolutely right. Sony is focusing on games for the PSVR, the same as they focus on games for the PS4. And it shows. Right now there are well over a hundred games for the PSVR, with many exclusives like Farpoint, RE7 (VR), Rush of Blood, DriveClub, Skyrim, Here They Lie, Psychonauts: ITROR, StarBlood, Bound, the upcoming Golem, Blood and Truth, Jupiter and Mars, Firewall etc. etc. Tons of support, tons of awesome VR experiences. Anyway, on to the article:

https://uploadvr.com/psx-2017-showed-sony-leading-vr-race-psvr/

Quotes, which outline the reasoning for UploadVR's headline statement about PSVR:

"There was a palpable sense of accomplishment in the air as executives spoke on stage about [...] over two million PSVR headsets out in the wild, and over 12 million PSVR games in consumers’ hands."

"from walking the show floor several times I’d wager that PSVR took up just about half of PSX in terms of sheer breadth of demos on display. [...] it was clear that Sony is taking PSVR, and as an extension VR, very seriously."

"By partnering up with major developers and publishers to secure top-shelf exclusivity and timed exclusive agreements, PSVR is quickly becoming the #1 place to play VR games. It has all of the major multi-platform games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Job Simulator, Rec Room, Raw Data, and more, and has some of the very best exclusives in the industry like Skyrim VR, Resident Evil 7, Farpoint, and others."

"At UploadVR we took some time over the past week to sit down and talk about what 2018 could mean for VR. There was a lot to talk about but once we got to the gaming side of VR, it was hard to list games we knew of that were for sure coming to Rift or Vive at all (exclusively or multiplatform). Meanwhile Sony has a whole slate of new releases in the pipeline, many of which we just learned about for the very first time at PSX such as WipeOut VR and Firewall: Zero Hour."

"And this strikes at the heart of what sets the PSVR apart: a focus on software."

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Sony is really taking the lead with VR. I’m really enjoying my the games and big announcements they keep making for PSVR.

? Feels good man.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Sony is King of VR.

All the doubters and haters are being proved wrong.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

3 words

final fantasy fishing

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Oh boy another Sony is the bestest at VR thread. Good job OP!

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

My body is ready for the next big gimmick.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Nobody else is trying because it's a waste of money. MS and Nintendo already learned first hand that these gimmicks don't have long term potential.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UssjTrunks

@Sgt_Crow: You can use those bootleg Wiimotes to pleasure your butthole once you run out of games to play with them (which shouldn't take long).

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Xabiss: Well to be honest who else is going to talk about it as literally no one else makes threads for the most successful VR device on the market lol.

It proves that pretty much no one on here cares no matter how many threads get thrown up, heck without my participation to make fun of cows these threads wouldn't even pass 1 page LMFAO.

And the thread is nothing but a quote from a site that has changed it's name to hide from is shame yet fails (like PSVR) because VR is still in the url lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@Xabiss: Well to be honest who else is going to talk about it as literally no one else makes threads for the most successful VR device on the market lol.

It proves that pretty much no one on here cares no matter how many threads get thrown up, heck without my participation to make fun of cows these threads wouldn't even pass 1 page LMFAO.

And the thread is nothing but a quote from a site that has changed it's name to hide from is shame yet fails (like PSVR) because VR is still in the url lol.

What I find amusing is that she posted this 11 hours ago and just now, about an hour ago someone comments...lmfao.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@dagubot said:
@i_p_daily said:

What I find amusing is that she posted this 11 hours ago and just now, about an hour ago someone comments...lmfao.

cow support squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@dagubot said:
@i_p_daily said:

cow support squad

Yep at this point i'm the one who keeps these threads afloat :P

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Really? You think games is the reason? How ignorant to think the PsVr comes even close to the huge library on PC xD

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Not here to defend her thread, but the PSVR is the only console VR available device in the console market. PSVR just happens to get this justify victory because there's no other console VR and this is why I'm really rooting for MS to come out with there own VR in the future to give Sony some good competition.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Phony going all casual chasing that VR pot-o-gold. Mangy, what a F'up but hey, it's Phony, the one and only. :P

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Not here to defend her thread, but the PSVR is the only console VR available device in the console market. PSVR just happens to get this justify victory because there's no other console VR and this is why I'm really rooting for MS to come out with there own VR in the future to give Sony some good competition.

I wouldn't bother explaining it to them. UssjTrunks and I_P_Daily are known trolls who spread lies and haven't actually properly tried high-end VR.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Hmmmm a bit soon for another "PSVR is da best" thread. I thought she'd wait at least 2 days. The insecurities is strong with this one

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kingtito

@blueberry_bandit said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

I wouldn't bother explaining it to them. UssjTrunks and I_P_Daily are known trolls who spread lies and haven't actually properly tried high-end VR.

Has anyone tried high end VR because we all know the PSVR isn't high end.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator

@kingtito: I have tried HTC Vive, it's totally day/night compare to PSVR but at this point, everyone knows a console VR vs PC VR comparisons was doomed from the start. I think the whole term high-end for PSVR just simplifies it's the only high-end VR console device on the market. There's no other console VR, only PSVR.

This is me just saying, PSVR is one of a kind on a console only device right now. We need MS to release there own VR for better competition in terms of console VR power.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By navyguy21  Online
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

UploadVR?

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

Here is a playlist of PSVR stuff.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@blueberry_bandit said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yep. They're both obsessed with VR/PSVR, and yet have never once tried VR/PSVR, nor do they know anything about these subjects.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:

Nobody else is trying because it's a waste of money. MS and Nintendo already learned first hand that these gimmicks don't have long term potential.

I agree. Also not being wireless and being expensive makes me say no.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blueberry_Bandit

@clr84651 said:
@UssjTrunks said:

I agree. Also not being wireless and being expensive makes me say no.

You're agreeing with someone who is telling you lies. You should pick who you believe more carefully.

Wireless VR has been solved with add-ons for the Rift / Vive. Now it's a matter of putting it into the headset itself.

Prices are dropping a lot. You were able to get a PSVR or Windows MR headset for $200 in the last few days. Oculus Rift is currently $350 on Amazon unless that's changed recently.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Yep. They're both obsessed with VR/PSVR, and yet have never once tried VR/PSVR, nor do they know anything about these subjects.

Are you not the same people who dog the shit out of an Xbox One X without ever owning/playing one also? Pot meet kettle!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts
@Xabiss said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Are you not the same people who dog the shit out of an Xbox One X without ever owning/playing one also? Pot meet kettle!

@reduc_ab_ said:

1) Talking about devices they have never used like they are experts on said devices

2) Crying "thread backfire, thread backfire! I swear!" when nothing has backfired

This is what happens when you let emotion get in the way of rationality. ;)

She's a well known hypocrite...lol.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kingtito

@Xabiss said:
@reduc_ab_ said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

LOLOLOLOLOL

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@dagubot said:
@reduc_ab_ said:

1) Talking about devices they have never used like they are experts on said devices

2) Crying "thread backfire, thread backfire! I swear!" when nothing has backfired

This is what happens when you let emotion get in the way of rationality. ;)

She's a well known hypocrite...lol.

what do you mean she? Why would women linger in the deprived corners of the internet

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@commander:

Well, shoot. I guess you've learned something about me. Girls can like deprived (or depraved, rather) places, too, ya know. ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@blueberry_bandit: It seems i've upset mr or miss alt lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: Don't be silly dav, MS would be stupid to jump into the VR race. Think about it, the PS4 is hot right nowand it's VR device is selling like shit, so we all know how bad a MS VR device would sell, even if it was better.

There is no gold at the end of this rainbow.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily said:

@davillain-: Don't be silly dav, MS would be stupid to jump into the VR race. Think about it, the PS4 is hot right nowand it's VR device is selling like shit, so we all know how bad a MS VR device would sell, even if it was better.

Who said I was being silly about MS taking a interest into VR? MS already talk about getting into VR awhile back, even Nintendo wants to get back into it.

Edit: One more thing I like to point out, MS still has AR AKA HoloLens and I can tell you HoloLens has really peak my interest for a long time. I like to see more HoloLens next year if possible.

Dude, VR isn't nothing like those of 3D gaming or the wand stuff, VR may look like Gimmicks to you, but it's showing interest in gaming more so.

@i_p_daily said:

And you are right. When it comes to new tech on the market, it's never the end of the rainbow. New Tech like VR takes time to grow. With more support and more games utilizing VR, it'll be a hit.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

PSX didnt have namco bandai this year and they have the hottest booth babes aka import model so is a fail. Their scheduling system suckass at the con, but the card collection mini game is rather fun at the con.

I demoed two psvr games there, some running game which gave a "filthy casual shirt" and skyrim vr both were disappointing. However ace combat vr from last year is something to look forward to I think its the best vr I played.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Who said I was being silly about MS taking a interest into VR? MS already talk about getting into VR awhile back, even Nintendo wants to get back into it.

Edit: One more thing I like to point out, MS still has AR AKA HoloLens and I can tell you HoloLens has really peak my interest for a long time. I like to see more HoloLens next year if possible.

Dude, VR isn't nothing like those of 3D gaming or the wand stuff, VR may look like Gimmicks to you, but it's showing interest in gaming more so.

@i_p_daily said:

And you are right. When it comes to new tech on the market, it's never the end of the rainbow. New Tech like VR takes time to grow. With more support and more games utilizing VR, it'll be a hit.

Can I visit you in fairyland sometime lol.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blueberry_Bandit

@i_p_daily said:

Microsoft are already invested in VR. It's why they have the whole Windows Mixed Reality platform. AR / VR is a major focus for Microsoft right now. Xbox One X is still getting VR support sometime after this year.

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@i_p_daily said:

Can I visit you in fairyland sometime lol.

Except he's right. Every new form of tech takes time to grow. PCs took about 15 years to hit the mainstream. Smartphones also took a decade or so.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: *Sign* Some people just don't have a clear vision when looking into the future :(

I find you're lack of Faith disturbing -_-

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By UssjTrunks

@blueberry_bandit said:

Except he's right. Every new form of tech takes time to grow. PCs took about 15 years to hit the mainstream. Smartphones also took a decade or so.

VR is more like the Wiimote, Kinect, and 3D TVs than PCs and smartphones.

Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Blueberry_Bandit

@UssjTrunks said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

VR is more like the Wiimote, Kinect, and 3D TVs than PCs and smartphones.

Did the Wiimote, Kinect, or 3D TVs count as brand new mediums? Nope. Does VR count as a new medium? By definition, yes. That's a fact that cannot be ignored.

nishanth12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39  Edited By nishanth12
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: *Sign* Some people just don't have a clear vision when looking into the future :(

I find you're lack of Faith disturbing -_-

Agreed. He's like the flat Earthers.