PSP2 is going to fail

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 funnilov3
Member since 2009 • 246 Posts

I know it isn't being shown yet but what could Sony possibly do to make it any different to what is already out there. 3D? Nintendo got there first, portable gaming phone? Apple's got that covered with the iphone and graphics don't matter as much as you think if you just look at the sucess of the DS and the Wii if you are going to use graphics as a point of argument. So what can Sony do to distinguish it enough to make it a sucess with sales bettering the 3DS or even the original PSP?

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

You know nothing about it and it is going to fail?

Makes sense.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

A pure handheld with great battery life, great controls and HD graphics

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

You know nothing about it and it is going to fail?

Makes sense.

Sky-

Well, thats typical System Wars logic right there, isnt it?

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

you could correct the title to "I know nothing about the PSP2 but I want it to fail"

I'll just wait and see.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5b4ca38d5fcb0
Member since 2008 • 2051 Posts

3DS will fail, just you wait and see. Only weeaboos will buy it and i will facepalm each time i sit on a buss seeing someone playing pokemon in 3d!

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sky-

mkaliaz

That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one. =P

Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

the real question is can sony's handheld hold its own aganist the overwhelming 3ds

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

[QUOTE="mkaliaz"]

Sky-

That's an oxymoron if I ever saw one. =P

LOL, nice one. :P

the2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 the2gamer
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts
3D is a gimmick. The 3DS is just gettin ports and remakes. 3D is a gimmick. You have a mario profile pic. Your argument is invalid and.... 3D is a gimmick.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

If the PSP goes the DS route, it could do better than the 3DS.

the2gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the2gamer
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

If the PSP goes the DS route, it could do better than the 3DS.

AmayaPapaya
What? Aiming for kids? If it does that. Im out
FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

Oh yeah? Well the 5DS is going to fail too!!

What's its features? Well I don't know anything about them.

Oh it's launch games? Well I know nothing about that either, but it's still going to fail!

popopatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 popopatrol
Member since 2009 • 172 Posts

Since you got the ball rolling TC... The xbox 720 ps4, wii 2 is going to fail as well. The only true innovator is the 3DS with the addition of the game changer, 3D! lol

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
With all these facts presented to us, of course it will fail.
funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 funnilov3

Hold on here I'm actually a a Playstation fan, I know this sound like bullcrap but if you want proof my PSN profile is muttonface. I grew up with Playstation, my favourite games are MGS3, FF8 and SotC.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sky-

Hold on here I'm actually a a Playstation fan, I know this sound like bullcrap but if you want proof my PSN profile is muttonface. I grew up with Playstation, my favourite games are MGS3, FF8 and SotC.

funnilov3

And what does this have anything to do with creating groundless statements? lol

3DS will fail, just you wait and see. Only ______ will buy it and i will facepalm each time i sit on a buss seeing someone playing pokemon in 3d!

Robbazking

*gasp* you wouldn't dare...not on the school bus!

funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 funnilov3

Nonetheless nobody has given me a real reason as may go about the PSP2 except Juar18

"A pure handheld with great battery life, great controls and HD graphics"

Point 1 "a pure handheld" not sure what you mean there

Point 2 "great battery life" that's not going make me want to get it

Point 3 "great controls" it could have great controls and fail, it needs something to distinguish itself

Point 4 "HD graphics" look at the Wii that didn't need HD to suceed

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Don't care so much about battery life, do 99% of my handheld gaming at home.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

funnilov3
Means nothing. I'ma PS3 fan (also grew up with playstation), and have a PSP. Doesn't mean I can't have it out for the PSP. In fact, because of my situation with the PSP in how much I like it, I actually expect the same thing. The fact that I've experienced all the wrong with the PSP is what makes me actually agree with you, though you claim is very much pre-emptive to say the least. Being a fan of a brand doesn't make you immune to making illogical judgements and more importantly, outright claims of fact. The reason for doing just coems from a different source that way.
funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 funnilov3

[QUOTE="funnilov3"]

Sky-

And what does this have anything to do with creating groundless statements? lol

3DS will fail, just you wait and see. Only ______ will buy it and i will facepalm each time i sit on a buss seeing someone playing pokemon in 3d!

Robbazking

*gasp* you wouldn't dare...not on the school bus!

I replying to the2gamer's comment that I'm a fanboy.

funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 funnilov3

[QUOTE="funnilov3"]

lx_theo

Means nothing. I'ma PS3 fan (also grew up with playstation), and have a PSP. Doesn't mean I can't have it out for the PSP. In fact, because of my situation with the PSP in how much I like it, I actually expect the same thing. The fact that I've experienced all the wrong with the PSP is what makes me actually agree with you, though you claim is very much pre-emptive to say the least. Being a fan of a brand doesn't make you immune to making illogical judgements and more importantly, outright claims of fact. The reason for doing just coems from a different source that way.

Firstly when did I claim something was fact? Secondly I stated I was a fan of Playstation in response to people's assertion I was a nintendo fanboy.

Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sky-

I replying to the2gamer's comment that I'm a fanboy.

funnilov3

Ah I see. I will say this though funnilov3, while the PSP was dwarfed in sales relative to the DS, it is easily the most popular non-Nintendo handheld created to date. I don't consider it a failure at all, and I do think that Sony will learn from their mistakes with the PSP2.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

3DS will fail, just you wait and see. Only weeaboos will buy it and i will facepalm each time i sit on a buss seeing someone playing pokemon in 3d!

Robbazking

You say "weaboos" in almost every comment you make. What's with that?

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="funnilov3"]

funnilov3

Firstly when did I claim something was fact? Secondly I stated I was a fan of Playstation in response to people's assertion I was a nintendo fanboy.

See title.
funnilov3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funnilov3

...i never claimed it was fact we all know it's impossible to know whether it is true but I'm strongly believe the PSP2 is going to fail. Plus having that title is more interesting then saying "PSP2 will most likely in my humble opinion fail" but what are you going to do.

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
You have me completely convinced what a sound argument :o
Ringx55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ringx55
Member since 2008 • 5967 Posts
A epic screen with amazing multimedia feature then solid games = success.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I dont see how see how its gonna fail when we know nothing about it yet :?, hell the 3DS's price could actually be $300 and become a flop, we dont know why dont we look into our crystal balls and see...

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

What if they just forgo the gimmicks, and release another solid handheld? That's exactly why I like the PSP over the DS in the first place.

HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

how do you know its going to fail? We don't know anything about it? The only one who failed is you.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#33 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

since we are all making predictions with no evidence I'll make one too the PS4 will have better graphics than the PS3...I'll bet money on that.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Re: gaming on a phone, while it's true the iPhone does this and better than people give it credit for, it's still a wide open market. Just look at the number of gamers who complain about the lack of physical controls and the "Flash quality" games. The truth is there are actually many iPhone games that are of very high quality, nonetheless this point of view is well entrenched in the minds of gamers.

In addition, the iPhone is only officially offered through AT&T at the moment - a carrier many people don't want to be on.

So to say that there is no potential for Sony to expand gaming on smartphones is just not true. Android is quickly becoming one of the most popular mobile operating systems but it is still a mediocre gaming platform.

The opportunity is definitely there for the taking, if Sony produces the PSP Phone it is rumored to be creating.

jubino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 jubino
Member since 2005 • 6265 Posts

Obviously the 3DS will be successful if they can get it into a decent price (also assuming it won't make people go cross-eyed or something similar), but the real make or break for the PSP2 will be its games. Just because the 3DS is riding a wave of positivity from the DS doesn't mean the PSP2 will fail. They can both succeed in their own rights.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bigboi500

The 3DS is gonna put Sony between a rock and a hard place, because if the PSP2 tries to out do the 3DS in tech it will be unreasonably expensive. That was their biggest failure last time around.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hakanakumono

The 3DS is gonna put Sony between a rock and a hard place, because if the PSP2 tries to out do the 3DS in tech it will be unreasonably expensive. That was their biggest failure last time around.

Bigboi500

Of course, the smart thing for them would be to wait a year or two, then release better hardware than the 3DS simply because it will be cheaper by that time to do so. Yet at the same time, once handhelds surpass last gen, what cheap platform will there be left for developers to turn to? Cell phones?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

hakanakumono

Of course, the smart thing for them would be to wait a year or two, then release better hardware than the 3DS simply because it will be cheaper by that time to do so. Yet at the same time, once handhelds surpass last gen, what cheap platform will there be left for developers to turn to? Cell phones?

I think that's what they'll do, wait another year or so atleast before announcing anything officially.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Wow, the PSP2 already has haters and it hasn't even been announced yet!

The PS3 gathered the most haters between all the consoles in the history of video games and now the PSP2's starting to have its fair share of haters too. Why so many people want Sony to fail so bad?Honestly, between the 3 current gen consoles the one that should fail is M$ for bringing out a defective consoles to the market even though they knew it beforehand and for making you pay for what should be free to begin with. If you people keep giving them your money so easily things are going to get even worse, in fact they already raised the price of XBL and nobody cares...

But to respond to the thread: In the same way 3 current gen consoles are coexisting right now I think the same can be possible in the handheld environment where there's not much competition. People doesn't see the PSP, DS and Apples devices as the same thing anyway, you can't buy a game for your iPhone on gamestop do you? So the only real portable gaming devices are the PSP and DS.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

I know it isn't being shown yet but what could Sony possibly do to make it any different to what is already out there. 3D? Nintendo got there first, portable gaming phone? Apple's got that covered with the iphone and graphics don't matter as much as you think if you just look at the sucess of the DS and the Wii if you are going to use graphics as a point of argument. So what can Sony do to distinguish it enough to make it a sucess with sales bettering the 3DS or even the original PSP?

funnilov3
You forget the PS1 and PS2 did nothing majorly different to their competitors and still sold well. As for the PSP2 its best to wait but I still think 3DS will triumph, however sales don't = quality either.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

XBLA, PSN, Wii Ware, 3DS Ware
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="funnilov3"]

tomarlyn

You forget the PS1 and PS2 did nothing majorly different to their competitors and still sold well. As for the PSP2 its best to wait but I still think 3DS will triumph, however sales don't = quality either.

Actually, the PS1 was pretty different from N64 and Saturn, and PS2 was built off of the PS1's success.

Avatar image for ExplosiveChorro
ExplosiveChorro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ExplosiveChorro
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Ya man, i saw a psp 3 yesterday, true story.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="funnilov3"]

hakanakumono

Actually, the PS1 was pretty different from N64 and Saturn, and PS2 was built off of the PS1's success.

How was the PS1 very different to the Saturn? One was black and the other was grey, Ps1 had a better controller though.

Unless you mean type of games so in that case yes, but I thought this was hardware. I completely forgot that PS1 was the same gen as the N64, but I literally just woke up :P

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1084 Posts

[QUOTE="funnilov3"]

I know it isn't being shown yet

That's where I stopped.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hakanakumono

[QUOTE="hakanakumono"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"] You forget the PS1 and PS2 did nothing majorly different to their competitors and still sold well. As for the PSP2 its best to wait but I still think 3DS will triumph, however sales don't = quality either.tomarlyn

How was the PS1 very different to the Saturn? One was black and the other was grey, Ps1 had a better controller though.

Unless you mean type of games so in that case yes, but I thought this was hardware. I completely forgot that PS1 was the same gen as the N64, but I literally just woke up :P

They were drastically different. The PS1 was essentially a true 3D machine, while Saturn was a 2D machine with extra power that allowed it to pull of 3D. The Saturn architecture, however, was a disaster, and it was very complicated to get 3D to work on the system. Theoretically, it was possible to get 3D out of the Saturn that was leaps and bounds beyond both PS1 and N64, but it was only accomplished by the unreleased game Shenmue, which accomplished what was allegedly "impossible," before the production was shifted to Dreamcast. But all 3D on the Saturn looked something like pieces of paper pasted together.

Both the N64 and Saturn were debilitated by poor design choices that allowed PS1 to rise to the top, amidst other factors (primarily Nintendo's abuses in the SNES era).

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

funnilov3

shouldnt you first wait to

1) Sony officialy unveil the PSP2

2) Hardware Info & features

3) Games

4) Price

5) Launch date

Once you know the above then you may form an opinion on whether or not PSP2 will fail..

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

The PSP2 will be have 4D and 120FPS :P

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#49 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
Man, I really hate the self-made profet. I doubt how long the battery in 3DS will last. It'l have short battery life like PSP anyway. :( Wii HD is going to fail. We already have PS3 with Move! :D
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
how about dual analong for fps on the go or a larger screen and a super high resolution with its Super LCD technology....pressure sensetive buttons and a psn download feature