PSN+ IS OUT!! It's Mindblowingly Awesome. Live Eat Your Heart Out.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TehNubTuber
Member since 2010 • 616 Posts
PSN+ is the greatest idea ever by Sony, I'm checking out the PS store and they have games like Wipeout HD, Destruction Derby and DLC like the Killzone DLC packs that have little +'s on them meaning if you get PSN+ you get that stuff for free :o !!!GAMESPOT PARAGRAPH PLEASE!!! That's just insane, Live makes you pay to play games you already bought, while PSN+ GIVES YOU GAMES AND DLC! :o !!!GAMESPOT PARAGRAPH PLEASE!!! The awesome is just too strong, MS really needs to get their stuff together. PSN+ is like a discount + rental service + free DLC service. And you know how Sony rolls they'll just keep adding and adding and adding content.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

How much is this in £££?

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
The value is definitely worth it, even if you can't keep the games. I'm well aware people on this site won't agree though.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
Ok buddy PSN+ isnt all that great (yet) so calm down, Im pretty sure its going to get better as it keeps growing. PSN+ is good but lets not get carried away here
Avatar image for Vinegar_Strokes
Vinegar_Strokes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vinegar_Strokes
Member since 2010 • 3401 Posts

don't we all get the first 3 months free.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I think the TC needs a new pair of pants. A little unwarranted if you ask me. I'm sure the true value of it will be found out over time, not right away.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Boooooooring. Needs a lot of new features, discounts and game trials don't do it for me. But It is worth it for gamer who spend a lot of money on PSN/Store.

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TehNubTuber
Ok buddy PSN+ isnt all that great (yet) so calm down, Im pretty sure its going to get better as it keeps growing. PSN+ is good but lets not get carried away hereRTUUMM
It's already better then Live :o Paying the same price as Live but getting Games, DLC, discounts and services > Paying to unlock sections of games you already own and payed for.
RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RTUUMM
you get 3 extra months, the one year subscription actually last 15 months
agff9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 agff9
Member since 2006 • 514 Posts
some1 tells "blog it" or "cool story bro" in 3...2...1... PS: Paying aditional cash to use all content of the game is a crime PS2: But what when u cant even pay to use all that content? (I mean when u cant get live)
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

PSN+ is the greatest idea ever by Sony, I'm checking out the PS store and they have games like Wipeout HD, Destruction Derby and DLC like the Killzone DLC packs that have little +'s on them meaning if you get PSN+ you get that stuff for free :o !!!GAMESPOT PARAGRAPH PLEASE!!! That's just insane, Live makes you pay to play games you already bought, while PSN+ GIVES YOU GAMES AND DLC! :o !!!GAMESPOT PARAGRAPH PLEASE!!! The awesome is just too strong, MS really needs to get their stuff together. PSN+ is like a discount + rental service + free DLC service. And you know how Sony rolls they'll just keep adding and adding and adding content.TehNubTuber

I ama long time Sony fan...and I think you need to dial it down a bit. XBL still has a number of features, like cross game chat, that while I don't know what the point is, is still something Sony doesn't offer.

Plus, Sony has already said that they won't keep "adding and adding content". Much of this content is only available for a limited time and next months content will replace it. And games like Wipeout are only available as long as you keep paying the fee. So stop paying the fee and you can't play Wipeout, or future full games, any more.

Then there is the issue that all PAY services eventually face; the issue that a successful pay services eventually sucks up things that USED to be free. So if PSN+ is successful, then I can see Sony starting to remove stuff from the free service and moving it to the pay service. This ALWAYS happens.

I'm going to get PSN+ for a bit to see if it is for me or not, but I wouldn't call it "mindblowingly awesome".

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RTUUMM
[QUOTE="RTUUMM"]Ok buddy PSN+ isnt all that great (yet) so calm down, Im pretty sure its going to get better as it keeps growing. PSN+ is good but lets not get carried away hereTehNubTuber
It's already better then Live :o Paying the same price as Live but getting Games, DLC, discounts and services > Paying to unlock sections of games you already own and payed for.

yeah I know, it all sound great but the whole "its better then LIVE, 360 owned!" thing isnt nessecary, PSN+ would be much better if it had some new features. Yeah all the free stuff and discounst and access to betas is freaking awesom but SONY still has to improve.
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TehNubTuber

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"]PSN+ is the greatest idea ever by Sony, I'm checking out the PS store and they have games like Wipeout HD, Destruction Derby and DLC like the Killzone DLC packs that have little +'s on them meaning if you get PSN+ you get that stuff for free :o !!!GAMESPOT PARAGRAPH PLEASE!!! That's just insane, Live makes you pay to play games you already bought, while PSN+ GIVES YOU GAMES AND DLC! :o !!!GAMESPOT PARAGRAPH PLEASE!!! The awesome is just too strong, MS really needs to get their stuff together. PSN+ is like a discount + rental service + free DLC service. And you know how Sony rolls they'll just keep adding and adding and adding content.ZIMdoom

I ama long time Sony fan...and I think you need to dial it down a bit. XBL still has a number of features, like cross game chat, that while I don't know what the point is, is still something Sony doesn't offer.

Plus, Sony has already said that they won't keep "adding and adding content". Much of this content is only available for a limited time and next months content will replace it. And games like Wipeout are only available as long as you keep paying the fee. So stop paying the fee and you can't play Wipeout, or future full games, any more.

Then there is the issue that all PAY services eventually face; the issue that a successful pay services eventually sucks up things that USED to be free. So if PSN+ is successful, then I can see Sony starting to remove stuff from the free service and moving it to the pay service. This ALWAYS happens.

I'm going to get PSN+ for a bit to see if it is for me or not, but I wouldn't call it "mindblowingly awesome".

Dude Sony said they WOULD keep adding content what are you talking about? And With Live once you stop paying the online portion of all your games stops working too... Not sure why your calling PSN+ on that if your such a big PS3 fan and ignoring Live tremendous flaws.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

It kinda sucks in Canada, no LBP or destruction derby...not much content from what I can see here...as always, Canada gets left out in the lurch.

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TehNubTuber

It kinda sucks in Canada, no LBP or destruction derby...not much content from what I can see here...as always, Canada gets left out in the lurch.

Andrew_Xavier
If I recall correctly games DLC and services + features will be added monthly! PSN games, mini, PS1 classics, DLC, features every month!
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

TehNubTuber

If I recall correctly games DLC and services + features will be added monthly! PSN games, mini, PS1 classics, DLC, features every month!

Well, UK gets free LBP, wipeout HD, killzone add-ons, etc... Canada gets...3 months free, age of zombies (which I own), rally cross (who cares?), and warhawk DLC which costs $3.99 anyways :/

If they put out better content next month I'll get it, I was pretty excited to get LBP free and such even though I own WipeoutHD, kinda shocking that it isn't included, you'd think they'd put their best offer out upon release to convince people to join for $56.87

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

TehNubTuber

they wont be added, they will be switched out, as in rotated, so if you want something you better get it because its not there forever. oh and. Infamous full game 60 minute trial. 6.8 gig required. Afformented before you will spend longer to download this then the 60 minutes you get to play and then you have to deal with tutorials, the full price is still 29.99 its not changed, but you get to play 60 minutes before you decided to buy it or not and keep your progress and unlock trophies. Wipeout HD, free. Now while I never liked any of the wipeout games, let alone this one its free, so thats good in an of it self, but only as long as you sub. Rally cross ps1, free. yet again a game I don't care for but free so in and of it self it might appeal to others, but you lose it. Age of zombies, Free. this game appeals to me, I like it though It will end with sub. Warhawk Fallen Starpack, Free. I all ready have all the DLC for warhawk, I stopped playing warhawk a long time ago after the game was gimped over and over again, so this doesn't appeal to me, may appeal to others...but its such an old game why Sony would decide to add this to the launch line up I dont know... Collision theme,Free. Now this is likely the type of item you'll be able to keep even after your sub is up its a theme. Fat princess Fat roles pack, 1 dollar off 4.99. Now this is more like it a quite recent game's addon pack, and something I might look into geting to get back into the game. but why is it cost for? it should be free in my opinion. this is guranteed to be something you get to keep after your sub runs out. fat princess pink and blue avatars, Free. another one of the free items you would likely keep. Midway ****c games reduced in price. Gauntlet 2, Mortal Kombat, Rampage, Rampart, all 2 dollars and 50 cents so 50% off...you would keep these games after sub...but really they are good games, but I expected more from such a big event as ps plus. Tik games, Creat studios games reduced in price and addons free. Cuboid 7.99. All of cuboids addon packs are free, you are likely to keep the paid for game, but there is no gurantee you would keep the addon packs likely they would end with your sub. Hamsterball 7.99 Interpol: the Trail of dr.chaos 7.99 Magic Orbz 7.99 all of its addons are free Mahjong Tales: Ancient wisdom 7.99 Its addon pack is free. Smash Cars 11.99 Its addon pack is free. WakeBoarding HD, 11.99 So thats the complete list of what your getting with ps plus, its a pretty piss poor start, I would have thought that Sony would have offered far more attractive stuff for free and gotten better companies games to discounted prices, As well before those that correct me and say with the ps blog detailing ps plus features that you keep the addons. I will qoute directly the description of the service off the Playstation store. Playstation Plus delivers a new level of access and conveience so you can do more of what you love...playing games? playstation plus includes cool stuff like full game Trial where you can try before you buy. or enjoy early access to select demos and games, as well as priority beta invites. Best Of all, the value pays off with killer exclusive discounts, free games, and free downloads from the Playstation store, Free games and add-ons are yours to keep and use the entire time you are a playstation plus subscriber unless otherwise noted, all this and much more, check it out, Its your play. Now thats a conflicting message the playstation blog says you keep your addons, the description on the playstation store says unless otherwise noted you don't and I've yet to free on any of the free stuff I've seen it say you keep it. So we will just have to see if you do keep the addons. I am leaning towards not, After my last regretful issue with downloading any thing free off playstation store and then getting addons for it. *story is, is that they offered flow as a limited time free download, so I grabbed it, beat it, wanted to get the other trophies so I purchased and installed the addon (thats right you have to get a addon to get one of the trophies built into the original game) the addon would not work, So I deleted it and it reinstalled it still didn't work, did some research and looking around, and it turns out the free version of the game was specifically engineered no to work with the addon, so I went back to download it again, and because it was a limited download did not appear again in my download list...so I purchased a addon that wouldn't work and couldn't even get the free version back*
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clyde46

All I see is LBP and Wipout HD. Nothing to shout about.

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TehNubTuber
@ William SO your getting your money back pretty much instantly? And Tons of more PSN games, PS3 games, minis, PS1 classics, DLC and features will be added monthly? I'm sorry but PSN+ DESTROYS Live Gold. The Value is just insane, you'll be getting hundreds of dollars worth of content by the end of the year, Live is the exact opposite, they milk you without really giving you anything at all... This is mindblowing! PSN+ Is the most amazing value service int he history of console gaming.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Vinegar_Strokes

Nope, only those who get the 1 year will have 3 months free. $49 for 15 months and games and content that are worth over $80 on its first month this is a great deal, i already am a 15 months PSN+ subscriber

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KittenWishes
Member since 2010 • 1165 Posts
I love how when it was released, Sony were all like "LittleBigPlanet content fills up the whole Blu Ray disc!!!!!!!" Now we know its actually 2.3GB.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clyde46

This is it?

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TehNubTuber

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Andrew_Xavier

Well, UK gets free LBP, wipeout HD, killzone add-ons, etc... Canada gets...3 months free, age of zombies (which I own), rally cross (who cares?), and warhawk DLC which costs $3.99 anyways :/

If they put out better content next month I'll get it, I was pretty excited to get LBP free and such even though I own WipeoutHD, kinda shocking that it isn't included, you'd think they'd put their best offer out upon release to convince people to join for $56.87

Ya Canada got the short end I agree :P But content will be added every month so.. PSN+ is like X-mas once a month, sure beats paying for Live and not getting anything in return. This really makes Live look bad imo, MS needs to lower the price of Live or somehting...
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TehNubTuber

This is it?

clyde46
Ya everything with a + is free for PSN+ users, and every month more content. Insance value, Live doesn't give you anything... And MS forces dev's to charge for DLC... I can totally see Sony making tons of deals for free DLC for PSN+ owners.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lulz are you guys actually using the words free games and subscription feein the same sentences?

you may want to scuttle over to dictionary.com and check the definition of free.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 finalstar2007

This is it?

clyde46

Woow you guys got KZ2 add ons! so lucky :(, i want them for free, i only got warhawk add ons.. yup thats for the first month, now lets see what they have for July

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] If I recall correctly games DLC and services + features will be added monthly! PSN games, mini, PS1 classics, DLC, features every month!TehNubTuber

Ya Canada got the short end I agree :P But content will be added every month so.. PSN+ is like X-mas once a month, sure beats paying for Live and not getting anything in return. This really makes Live look bad imo, MS needs to lower the price of Live or somehting...

Live is stupid either way, but this is supposed to be a massive premium based service, I broke down the "Free" content for canada on it's first "big draw" month, and it costs about $56 for about $8 worth of content...I can't even find wipeoutHD in the list, lemme take a picture of psn plus for you, it's sad in Canada. Honestly, if they are giving canada no content (as usual) on their big first month, how am I supposed to believe they'll give us any, any month.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

lulz are you guys actually using the words free games and subscription feein the same sentences?

you may want to scuttle over to dictionary.com and check the definition of free.

Riverwolf007

It is pretty funny that the phrase "free games" is used. You are paying to get the opportunity to download specific games i.e. not free.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

finalstar2007

Nope, only those who get the 1 year will have 3 months free. $49 for 15 months and games and content that are worth over $80 on its first month this is a great deal, i already am a 15 months PSN+ subscriber

I don't see this service catching on, It all centers around people paying for stuff to get stuff for free, over the initial value. I.E paying for ps plus, then having to buy a game to take advantage of its free addons, there is more content like that, then there is just straight up free full stuff.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WilliamRLBaker

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

This is it?

finalstar2007

Woow you guys got KZ2 add ons! so lucky :(, i want them for free, i only got warhawk add ons.. yup thats for the first month, now lets see what they have for July

1 warhawk addon, and I doubt you like me even play the game anymore.
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TehNubTuber

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

jimkabrhel

It is pretty funny that the phrase "free games" is used. You are paying to get the opportunity to download specific games i.e. not free.

Well I refered to it as a rental service, free games is just so we don't have to explain the concept every time, it's already been explained.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#32 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Boooooooring. Needs a lot of new features, discounts and game trials don't do it for me. But It is worth it for gamer who spend a lot of money on PSN/Store.

Swift_Boss_A
Well said. That is the point. I don't spend much at the playstation store, or Live arcade. So for me this isn't worth it. And what happened to logic? If I have to pay a subscription price for it, it isn't free. The LBP part is all that entices me right now, but I won't get to keep it if I don't stay subscribed? Can someone tell me if I do?
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KittenWishes
As if DD wasn't bad enough, now Sony are giving you TEMPORARY DD GAMES at a cost. lol.
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TehNubTuber
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="Vinegar_Strokes"]

WilliamRLBaker

I don't see this service catching on, It all centers around people paying for stuff to get stuff for free, over the initial value. I.E paying for ps plus, then having to buy a game to take advantage of its free addons, there is more content like that, then there is just straight up free full stuff.

OFC it will catch on! DLC, PS1 classics, Minis, PS3 games, Betas, demos, trials, features... This is Godmode online service. MS needs to take notes, I want so content for free with my Live Gold!
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] Well, UK gets free LBP, wipeout HD, killzone add-ons, etc... Canada gets...3 months free, age of zombies (which I own), rally cross (who cares?), and warhawk DLC which costs $3.99 anyways :/

Andrew_Xavier

Live is stupid either way, but this is supposed to be a massive premium based service, I broke down the "Free" content for canada on it's first "big draw" month, and it costs about $56 for about $8 worth of content...I can't even find wipeoutHD in the list, lemme take a picture of psn plus for you, it's sad in Canada. Honestly, if they are giving canada no content (as usual) on their big first month, how am I supposed to believe they'll give us any, any month.

Wait..im in Canada, i subscribed to the 1 year yesterday and i can see Wipeout HD ( downlaoded it too ), paying $56 was too much :P but so far im liking it

InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
The value is highly dependent on the content, and based on the first two months' offerings I'm not giving Sony my money. Paying for a whole year just feels like a gamble. Might pay off and it might not.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
As if DD wasn't bad enough, now Sony are giving you TEMPORARY DD GAMES at a cost. lol.KittenWishes
That doesn't sound so bad at all, big difference between paid DD and temporary free DD.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]

This is it?

WilliamRLBaker

1 warhawk addon, and I doubt you like me even play the game anymore.

I was never a fan of Warhawk, it looked fun but wasnt for me, the other stuff they offered were cool tho, like Wipeout HD, 2 free avatars, infamous didnt help me cuz i already own it, so far its decent, also free ps1 game and 2 minis which i got for my psp, i would have loved to get a KZ2 add on :(

mushi799

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mushi799
Member since 2006 • 1163 Posts

i like paying MS to pay online games.

KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KittenWishes
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"]As if DD wasn't bad enough, now Sony are giving you TEMPORARY DD GAMES at a cost. lol.Dahaka-UK
That doesn't sound so bad at all, big difference between paid DD and temporary free DD.

You're still paying for the temporary games. Paying for demos and patches... hilarious.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 finalstar2007

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]As if DD wasn't bad enough, now Sony are giving you TEMPORARY DD GAMES at a cost. lol.KittenWishes

You're still paying for the temporary games. Paying for demos and patches... hilarious.

You'll actually keep some games and some you wont when you cancel your subscribtion, its more like a renting system, its good tho, you play get the trophies form the games at least and keep them

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Dude Sony said they WOULD keep adding content what are you talking about? And With Live once you stop paying the online portion of all your games stops working too... Not sure why your calling PSN+ on that if your such a big PS3 fan and ignoring Live tremendous flaws.TehNubTuber

I'm saying the games they offer don't accumulate. SO they are offering Wipeout HD this month. If you don't download it, it goes away. This is very clearly stated on Sony's own website:

As a subscriber, you can expect to get your hands on free monthly PSN games, minis and PS One Classics from the PSN Store. You will be able to download these games during the month they are available until the new selection replaces them.

So what I was saying is that they aren't technically ALWAYS adding stuff so much as replacing it each month with new choices. But for people who don't sign up THIS MONTH, they miss out.

And no, with XBL, your games DON'T stop working. If you buy/download a game off of XBL, it is yours. Just like if you download a game off of PSn...it is yours FOR EVER. But if you download Wipeout this month as their "deal", then you decide the service isn't for you, you LOSE that game. You can no longer play it. So what did you pay for?

Like I said, I'm still going to subscribe, but I don't see anything that "mindblowing" about it.

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts

Bullocks,US subscribers get 3 months free with the 1-Year membership and we get....LBP :|. Who doesn't have that? Also looks like the games and add-ons differ from one region to anther. Good stuff though.

UCF_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 UCF_Knight
Member since 2010 • 6863 Posts
The rental system is a good analogy. And yes you're paying for games temporarily. That's not better than paying for the ability to play online, temporarily?
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

So inFamous is $29.99? Same price as retail, basically. You would think PSN+ subscribers would get a discount.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
[QUOTE="KittenWishes"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"][QUOTE="KittenWishes"]As if DD wasn't bad enough, now Sony are giving you TEMPORARY DD GAMES at a cost. lol.KittenWishes

Your paying for the service as a whole.. Who said anything about paying for patches and demos. These a FULL game trials. Play the full game for a set ammount of time. Not like Microsoft does shafting silver memberships with temporary exclusive gold membership demos.
KittenWishes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KittenWishes

[QUOTE="KittenWishes"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"] That doesn't sound so bad at all, big difference between paid DD and temporary free DD.finalstar2007

You'll actually keep some games and some you wont when you cancel your subscribtion, its more like a renting system, its good tho, you play get the trophies form the games at least and keep them

But you're basically paying for the games as the service itself offers next to nothing in enhancing PSN. Like I said... Demos and patches - ridiculous. Even Silver LIVE members get that for free. Have you played many modern games? Who wants to download 6.9GB's to play a tutorial O_o
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#48 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

OFC it will catch on! DLC, PS1 classics, Minis, PS3 games, Betas, demos, trials, features... This is Godmode online service. MS needs to take notes, I want so content for free with my Live Gold!

Why are PS1 ones such a selling point when so many here have said "BC doesn't matter because I rarely use it anyway". I love having a BC PS3, but own the PS1 games I will play at this point. So is PS1 BC better than PS2 then? What are you sharing?
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Andrew_Xavier

This is what's in Canada:

plus

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 finalstar2007

This is what's in Canada:

Andrew_Xavier

Yours is way diffrent, as i said on my post above im also in Canada and i got Wipeout HD, did you subscribe to the 3 months? do you hold a sub account or a master account on PSN? maybe thats the thing, dont know tbh